Want to get out of your jammies and off the couch and start living a more active life – but you don’t feel comfortable going to the gym? Or maybe you live in an area where it is hard to find an appropriate place for your daily jog, run or walk?
Don’t worry. You can still walk, jog, and exercise with the help of a good quality treadmill for home use.
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
We strongly recommend that you try out the amazingly affordable treadmill. It is perfect for working out in the privacy of your own home and for improving your fitness level, wellbeing, and health. With this treadmill, there is no need to leave the house to run in crowded areas, traffic, or in poor weather conditions or to pay for using a treadmill at your local gym.
This entry-level treadmill is especially suitable for home use. Firstly, it is very reasonably priced. Also, it doesn’t take too much space. Last but not least, using it doesn’t make too much noise, which can bother other family members or neighbors, especially if you live in a condo.
In fact, you will still be able to hear your TV or the doorbell even during intense workouts on the Cadence G 5.9 treadmill.
While it is not a professional treadmill, this particular model from Weslo has all the features which you need to stay active. You can get those 10,000 daily steps covered, or do your regular jog or run. With the special features of the Cadence G5, all this will be done properly and with the best effect and results for your fitness level and wellbeing.
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill has a high power 2.25 HP motor. It also features 6 different built-in workout programs designed by professional trainers and offering workouts with varying intensity and time length. Each member of your household can pick the program which best fits their fitness goals. This makes this treadmill a superb exercise tool for all members of your family.
If you have limited living space, this treadmill is perfect as a home exercise tool thanks to its relatively compact dimensions of 65.5 (L) x 29 (W) and 55.5 (H) inches.
The running area itself is 50 x 16 inches, which is sufficient for comfortable striding and running.
The best part is that the construction of the treadmill is foldable, which makes it easy to store away, so it takes up less space when you are not using it. It weighs only 117 lbs. so it won’t be too much of a hassle to move it around the house when it is in the way or when you want it in another room.
Due to its small size, the weight limit of the Cadence G 5.9 is only 275 lbs. but this is good enough if you are not overly tall or big structured.
Overall, this treadmill is the perfect choice for those of you looking for a budget-friendly and yet effective and powerful treadmill. Let’s not forget that it can fit in a small home gym, apartment, or room too.
Pros and cons of the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 treadmill
- It is a low-cost treadmill offered at a very budget-friendly price and has a set of excellent and useful features similar to those in professional treadmills in the gym.
- The Cadence G 5.9 is lightweight, compact, and foldable, making it very suitable for home use, mainly if you have limited living space.
- The motor is high power and allows for a speed of 0.5 to 10 mph at 0.5 increments.
- The 6 pre-installed workout programs include intense cardio sessions and other options to help you meet your fitness and weight loss goals. They will help keep you active and healthy without leaving the premises of your home.
- A 2-point inclination adjustment of 1.5 and 6 degrees so that you can intensify your workout further for better results.
- The treadmill comes with a thumb sensor heart rate monitor, which is a great bonus given the exercise machine’s low price.
- The Comfortable Cell Cushioning feature makes jogging, running, or walking easier on your feet, knees, legs, and all joints. It accomplishes that by absorbing most of the impact from your feet hitting the running belt.
- It is very easy to assemble.
- The high power 2.5 horsepower motor is slightly noisier than the lower power ones on other treadmills.
- The running space can be insufficient for very intensive workouts or for large strides and taller people.
- The warranty is only 1 year.
- The weight limit is 275 lbs. which makes it unsuitable for bigger people.
- The running belt may need to be re-adjusted or re-centered from time to time.
- There are no bells and whistles such as Google Maps, the internet, and smartphone apps included. Then again, this is an entry-level treadmill available at a ridiculously low price for the value and quality offered
High powered Impulse motor (2.5HP) – very good for the price of the unit
An LCD console – the blue-tinted LCD priority display allows you to keep real-time track f your workout progress. It will show you the time elapsed, the distance covered, the speed, calories burned, and your heart rate.
6 pre-programmed workouts – there is a choice of six different programs, including excellent cardio workouts with different intensities. The programs are designed by certified trainers, especially for weight loss and intensity training.
The dimensions – assembled, the treadmill is 65.5 (L) x 29 (W), and 55.5 (H) inches. The running space is 50 x 16 inches.
Very lightweight – the treadmill weighs only 117 lbs. so you can easily move it around your home or office whenever you need to.
2 position manual incline adjustment of the running belt – you can manually adjust the inclination of the treadmill. This will make the workout more challenging and increase its intensity. The choice is between 1.5 and 6 degrees.
An Easy Pulse heart rate monitor – the pulse monitor, is embedded in the treadmill. All you need to do to measure your current heart rate is to place your thumb on it, and it will display it in real-time.
Speed range – thanks to the powerful motor of this treadmill, its speed range is impressive for an entry-level model and is from 0.5 to 10 mph in 0.5 increments.
Shock absorbing Comfort Cell Cushioning – This feature will make workouts on the treadmill much easier on your feet, legs, and joints. The impact of your feet hitting the running surface will be cushioned and absorbed, so you won’t end up sore or risk an injury due to the direct hard impact, which can often occur when running on roads and other hard surfaces.
Weight limit: this treadmill has a weight load capacity of 275 lbs.
What you need to know about Weslo
The Weslo brand is made by Icon Health & Fitness. The company also produces other popular treadmills and sports equipment brands such as Pro-Form, NordicTrack, Healthrider, Weider, and others. The company has been one of the leaders in the fitness industry ever since it was first established back in 1977. The mission of the Icon has always been “first in fitness.” The result of the four decades of hard work in this direction has led to the production of a wide range of state of the art fitness equipment. These include incline trainers, treadmills, stationary bikes, elliptical, home gyms, Pilates and yoga equipment, weight benches, and so many other fitness-related products.
The impressive history of the company and the good reputation of its Weslo brand is yet another reason why purchasing the cadence G 5.9 is a very good idea.
What we like the best in the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 treadmill
The price of this exercise machine is practically unbeatable. It can fit just about any budget, but at the same time, it has a variety of excellent features. It has a powerful motor, a cushioned running surface, a collapsible design for easy storage in small spaces, and six integrated workout programs for intensity and weight loss workouts. The combination of all these features and the price at which this unit is sold cannot be found in any other treadmill in the entry-level class.
This model is almost identical to the Cadence R 5.2 by Weslo, which costs over $100 more than the G 5.9. The only difference is an upgraded motor and a few more display options in the more expensive version.
Learn more about: Full-body workout with Maxi Climber
If you are a newbie in fitness and training, or if you want a good quality treadmill that you can use at home at the lowest price possible, then the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 is possibly one of the best picks! It is very well made, so it will withstand years of exercising.
Also, this treadmill has features that are nearly impossible to find in other products in this class. Some of them are the excellent pre-installed workout programs, the cushioned running belt, the 2 step incline availability, the built-in heart rate monitor, and the powerful 2.25 HP motor.
Plus, if you have limited living space, this treadmill is perfect for you as it is relatively compact, lightweight, and is foldable for added space-saving.
The Cadence G 5.9 may not be suitable for overly intensive runs or for people who are taller or heavier. But if you are looking for a way to get your daily walks, jogs, and low intensity runs without hitting the gym or going out, the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 is the top-recommended choice for a treadmill in the entry-level class.
Get ready to say goodbye to the sedentary lifestyle, the extra pounds, and many health issues once you buy this superb treadmill and start using it regularly!
- The Best Recumbent Bikes for 2021
- The Best Folding Recumbent Bike
- Best Under Desk Bikes of 2021
- Schwinn Airdyne Reviews 2021
- The 10 Best Compact Treadmills 2021 - February 15, 2021
- Best Beginner Road Bikes Under $500 In 2021 [Our Reviews and Comparisons] - February 1, 2021
- 10 Best Swimming Goggles for Kids for 2021 - January 29, 2021
Last update on 2021-03-04 at 12:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API