Since it was first introduced to the market, the Q Series by Weber has become a staple for a portable gas-powered grill among casual and regular grill users. The compact grill was designed by Weber as an easy solution for urban people with limited outdoor space, and more so among people who like to spend time outdoors enjoying delicious meals anywhere with minimum hassle.
The Weber Q2200 is among the most popular of the series and encapsulates everything we loved about these portable LP gas grills through the years. These characteristics include a compact and lightweight design, durable and rust-proof construction, ease of use, and powerful performance that can easily rival many full-sized grills.
With its 280 square inches of cooking space, the Q2200 can easily fit food enough to feed an average family or group of up to four. In fact, you can grill a whole chicken on this portable gas grill.
While some other portable grills may have larger cooking areas, the advantage of the Q2200 is that it has two foldable side shelves, which you can use for food prep and other storage.
Thanks to its small size and weight of 42.5 lbs. you can move the Weber Q2200 around, fit it in the trunk of your car, or put it away for storage when not in use.
It is also among the best-looking grills, with its sleek cast aluminum shell design, which will wow all your friends and neighbors. The aluminum hood is not only aesthetically pleasing but also helps retain the heat during the cooking for faster results and efficient fuel use.
The grill is also fitted with durable porcelain-coated cast-iron grates, and a 12,000 BTU steel burner for powerful output and even cooking.
You can keep an eye on the cooking temperature without opening the lid via the built-in temperature gauge.
Read on for a full review of one of the best portable gas grills on the market in 2022.
Here are some of the main features of the bestselling Weber Q2200 liquid propane gas grill:
- A total cooking surface of 280 sq. inches
- Durable and rust-proof aluminum shell construction
- Porcelain-coated cast iron grill grates
- A lightweight and yet sturdy glass-reinforced nylon frame
- A steel tube burner with an output of up to 12,000 BTUs
- Push-button electronic ignition
- Two 12-inch foldable side storage tables
- A hooded lid with an integrated thermometer
- Safety infinite control gas burner valve
- Works on LP gas (works with disposable canisters and with standard full-sized propane tanks)
- Easy to clean removable grease catch pan
- Size of 15.5 (H) x 51.4 (W) x 19.5 (D) inches when the lid is closed and the side tables are unfolded
- Dimensions of 15.5 (H) x 32 (W) x 19.5 (D) inches with the lid closed and the tables folded
- The size when the lid is open and the tables are unfolded is 26 (H) x 51.4 (W) x 25.1 (D) inches
- A small footprint of 21 (W) x 15 (D) of the feet of the grill
- It weighs 42.5 lbs.
- BILT app provides detailed interactive 3D assembly instructions for users
- Compatible with the Weber Portable Cart 6557
- Compact size with foldable side tables for easy portability and storage
- The grill can fit one whole chicken or up to 12 burgers
- Easy electronic ignition and fast heating
- It is made of durable and lightweight aluminum on a glass-reinforced nylon frame
- The grilling grates are non-stick and sturdy – made of porcelain-coated cast iron
- A powerful and durable 12,000 steel burner for quick and even heating and cooking
- The grill heats up quickly and is very fuel-efficient
- There is a built-in thermometer on the lid
- The grease catch pan is removable and easy to clean
- Modern and sleek design with a titanium finish
- Very easy to maintain
- Backed by a 5-year warranty for the main components and 2-years for smaller parts
- The portable gas grill weighs 42.5 lbs. so it is not the lightest of the Weber Q series and other portable gas grills
- The grill may not be sufficient for larger families or groups of people
The Weber Q2200 is an excellent example of the high-quality grills made by Weber. It is built from premium-quality materials, has a modern design, and offers efficient and powerful performance.
It is among the best options for people who want a small-sized or portable gas grill, which can be used even on the tiniest balconies or outdoors enjoying nature.
Weber Q2200 Review in Details
Things we like
- It is easy to start up and heats up very quickly
- You can use it with a small disposable canister or a regular-sized propane tank
- Compact size and footprint makes it suitable for even the most limited outdoor spaces and for people who enjoy the outdoors
- The steel D-burner and the porcelain-coated cast-iron grates will ensure that the food is evenly cooked with no hot or cold spots
- The split grates can be used separately and can be washed easily, and you can also replace one or both of them with a griddle
- You can cook food sufficient for up to 4 people on it
- The grill is easy to clean and maintain
- The built-in thermometer will reduce the need to open the lid and check the food
- There are two nifty storage and food prep foldable side tables
- A 5-year warranty for the cook box, lid, burner, grates, and the plastic components
- It looks great and will look good on your patio or other outdoor space
Things we don’t like
- It is not the lightest portable gas grill on the market
- The grill may be too small for larger families
- You will need to buy a connector hose separately if you want to connect it to a 20 lbs. propane tank
Performance and functions
The Weber Q2200 is a sleek-looking, portable and powerful LP gas grill, which is among the best options in this range of products.
It is easy to set up and start thanks to the electronic ignition and will reach the desired temperature quickly, which means you will use less fuel to prepare your favorite meal.
With a D-shaped steel burner and cast-iron porcelain-enameled grates, you can be sure that the heat will be dispersed evenly, and there will be no overcooked or undercooked parts of the food.
The grill can run on both smaller disposable LP cylinders of 14.1 or 16.4-oz and can be connected to a regular-sized propane tank of 20 lbs.
The cooking area is 280 square inches, which is sufficient for grilling a whole bird and up to 11-12 burgers simultaneously. With a split grate design, you can remove one of the grates and replace it with a griddle.
And you can also easily remove both of them when it is time to clean them.
There are two convenient side tables that can be unfolded when you need more space for food prep, condiment, and tool storage.
When you are done with the cooking, you can easily clean up any grease and crumb by removing and emptying the catch pan on the bottom.
While it does require some assembly, Weber has provided a free app with detailed interactive 3D instructions, which will help you put it together in less than half an hour.
The total cooking area of the Q2200 is 280 square inches, which is 90 square inches larger than the previous Weber Q1200 and Q1000 grills from the series, and 113 square inches smaller than the Weber Q3200.
The cooking area can fit up to 12 burgers simultaneously, or you can grill a whole chicken on it. The hooded lid offers generous space for cooking larger meat cuts and meals too.
This should be sufficient for feeding up to four people.
Apart from the cooking grates, the portable gas grill offers additional storage and food prep space via the two folding tables on each side.
Fuel source and ignition type
The grill runs on liquid propane gas and is compatible with disposable 14-16 ounce canisters, but you can also connect it to a 20 lbs. tank if you buy a Q-adaptor hose separately.
The electronic ignition makes lighting the grill a breeze, and the 12,000 BTU burner will heat up the cooking surface very quickly, making the grill very fuel-efficient. The ignition is powered by one AAA battery which is included in the package.
Burners and heat capacity (BTUs)
This portable grill has one powerful D-shaped tube steel burner with a heat output of 12,000 BTUs per hour. Thanks to its special design, the entire cooking surface will heat up quickly and evenly every time. This means that you needn’t worry about inconsistencies in your cooking.
The aluminum shell lid helps retain the heat inside the cook box of the grill, and the built-in thermometer will help reduce the need to open the lid and let the heat out.
The cooking grates feature a unique split grate design, which means that you can use them both, or remove one of them and replace it with a griddle.
Plus, the two grids are easier to clean and store after use.
The grates are made of porcelain-enameled cast iron and are non-stick, easy to clean and distribute the heat evenly throughout the cooking surface.
Ease of use
This grill is very easy to use, which makes it suitable for complete newbies.
It is easy to set up and start with the electronic ignition and runs on liquid propane gas, which is much easier to find and manage than other fuel types such as charcoal and wood.
The integrated thermometer on the lid will allow you to monitor the cooking temperature with a single glance as well.
The Weber Q2200 is among the best portable gas grills money can buy. It is a perfect choice for people who don’t have the space for a full-sized grill or for those who like camping, tailgating, and spending time outdoors.
If you are planning on using it more as a stationary grill, you can buy the compatible grill cart, which will make it easier to access during use.
The folding side tables make the grill even easier to pack, carry and store.
You can easily fit this grill in your car’s trunk or store it away when not in use.
Its compact size and small footprint make it suitable for even the smallest outdoor areas.
At the same time, it weighs 42.5 lbs. which is not the lightest of all portable grills, so you may need someone to help you move it and carry it around when needed.
The grill is backed by Weber’s 5-year warranty for all the main components, including the cook box, the lid assembly, the burner tubes, the grill grates, and the plastic parts, and a 2-year warranty for the paint and the other parts.
Ease of maintenance
Thanks to its removable drip catch pan, and the split-grate design, the Weber Q2200 is significantly easier to clean and maintain than other grills.
Once you are done with the grilling, all you will need to do is to remove and dispose of the grease, juices, and other food residues collected in the catch pan, and then you can proceed to remove each of the grates separately and wash them.
The Q2200 is a mid-range model from the Weber Q series. While it costs more than some other portable grills on the market, its solid construction, powerful and reliable performance, ease of use and portability, as well as the 5-year warranty, make it one of the top-recommended options for those of you looking for a good quality, efficient and durable portable grill.
Just like many other barbecue enthusiasts will agree, the Weber Q2200 is among the best portable grills one can buy.
It is portable and compact and yet has sufficient cooking space to prepare food for an average family.
You can place it on a small balcony or travel with it in the trunk of your car easily.
The grill is easy to use, fuel-efficient, and will allow you to prepare all kinds of grilled and cooked foods to perfection every time.
- Ceramic vs. Porcelain Plates – What’s The Difference? - March 19, 2022
- How To Store Baguette, So It Stays Fresh - March 18, 2022
- Does Vanilla Extract Go Bad? - March 16, 2022
Last update on 2022-08-11 at 02:10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API