No matter what age you are, having to wear a cast can be an uncomfortable and frustrating period. Normal, everyday tasks such as getting properly dressed and showering can become a serious hassle. This is why there are so many excellent waterproof coverings for casts being offered on the market.
The top-rated Limbo waterproof protector, as well as the other best waterproof coverings for casts and bandages, are reliable, reusable, and easy to use products that will save you the hassle of having to wrap your wounded limb with nylon bags and using duct tape to keep the water off of the cast.
These products have been designed to be put on and removed easily and to be as comfortable as possible while you take a shower or bath.
A good quality cast cover will save you the time and money for having to have it changed after accidentally wetting it. It will help you go through your recovery period much more comfortably and frustration-free.
Waterproof Cast Cover
Here is a list of the 10 waterproof coverings for casts for 2021.
The Limbo Half Leg waterproof covering for casts by Homecraft will help you shower or take a bath even if you have a cast or a bandaged leg up to the knee.
It is specially designed not to restrict the blood circulation in the leg, so you will be comfortable and safe no matter how long it stays on.
The cast protector is also suitable for protecting diabetic wounds without worsening the condition.
It is 100% latex-free and is made of durable neoprene and PVC, which can be reused for up to two months of regular showering.
This cast protector is suitable for people who are 5’5” to 6’ tall and weigh 140 to 224 lbs.
The waterproof cast protector weighs only 0.056 oz.
It is easy to put on alone – all you need to do is slip it on over the cast or bandage.
The protector is excellent for the task it is designed for and will keep the cast or bandage dry and whole while allowing you to take care of your personal hygiene and lead a normal life.
This set is one of the best deals you can find on the market if you have a broken or injured leg, knee, ankle, or hip.
It includes a watertight cast cover that reaches up to the hip, as well as a comfortable and soft knee roller cushion cover.
The PVC TPU neoprene waterproof cast and bandage cover will let you shower or take a bath no matter what part of your leg is injured. It is easy to put on and remove and is made of non-stick and non-slippery material.
The cast cover is also suitable for people with leg wounds, surgeries, burns, or rashes. It is 16 to 26 inches wide at the thigh area and is 33 inches long and 12 inches high at the foot. It is made of latex-free material.
It is suitable for men and women and can be reused for months.
The faux sheepskin pad will make using the knee roller much more comfortable and safe while you are recovering from your fracture. It will fit the standard knee roller pad and has elastic on the edges to keep it in place for added comfort and safety.
The cover is machine washable and plush soft. Its size is 16 x 8.5 x 4.5 inches.
With this rehab set, you get your life back to as normal as possible while you are recovering from your trauma or health problem.
You can purchase it at a very affordable price, and it comes with a money-back satisfaction guarantee.
Best budget-friendly option
Curad is behind inventions like the ouch-less pads, the tear apart wrappers as well as peel-off backing on individually packaged bandages.
It comes as no surprise that this product is brilliantly designed to protect a leg with cast, bandages, or injuries during bathing and showering without difficulty and without being overly tight.
The affordable pack includes two leg cast protectors. They have special openings that will stretch out enough so you can easily cover the cast or cast boot and will then automatically tighten back once you reach the knee.
They don’t require the use of straps or tape and are reusable.
The good news is, this innovative design will keep every single drop of water off of your cast or wound, so you can take showers normally while you are recovering.
Forget about the garbage bags and duct tape. With these inexpensive waterproof coverings for casts, you can get back to normal and enjoy showering once again.
The rest of the best waterproof coverings for casts for 2021
Seal Tight is one of the most-known producers of casts and bandages and has created this reusable waterproof covering for casts that will last for the entire time you need to wear it.
- You can use it to shower or take a bath without getting your cast or bandages on the leg wet.
- It is designed to create a snug and comfy seal over the cast.
- It will fit adult legs with a maximum circumference of 27 inches and has a length of 32 inches.
- It is easy to put on and take off, as the opening stretches enough to pass over the cast and then restores its tighter opening to form a watertight seal around the limb.
- There is no latex used in the making of this product, so there is no danger of an allergic reaction.
- When properly used, it can be used for daily showering throughout the entire time that you need to have a cast or bandage on
- The waterproof cover is also available in other variants, including pediatric arm, pediatric leg. Pediatric universal, adult arm, and adult universal
If you need a waterproof protector for a cast or bandage below the knee, then this reasonably priced and reliable cast cover is one of the great options for you.
- It can fit most adult legs with plaster or plastic boot casts.
- Suitable for protecting broken ankles, toes, knees
- The composite material used is hypoallergenic and is textured to keep you safe in the shower.
- The material used is lightweight and durable and is patent pending.
- All of the seams are reinforced and leak-free.
- It can be used for protecting the cast during outdoor events and when it is raining.
- It is reusable and durable, and the seal restores its original size and shape after every use.
- The cast cover has tabs and is very easy to put on and remove even by yourself.
- It is sold with a 60-day guarantee.
Showering with a cast or bandage on the arm is an arduous task. Why not make your life much easier with this waterproof Limbo Med Large half arm protector.
- Suitable for adult arms for people weighing between 154 and 238 lbs. but it is also available in standard and slim sizes.
- Made of hypoallergenic and watertight neoprene
- It covers the cast or bandaged area completely and keeps it dry during showering but without cutting off the circulation of blood to the arm and hand.
- It is latex-free
- Recommended by the NHS in the UK
- The cast cover is durable and will last throughout your entire treatment.
- You can easily put it on and take it off by yourself.
If you need a waterproof cover for a cast or other injury for a smaller sized or larger sized leg, DryCast offers one of the greatest varieties of sizes on the market.
- The cast covers are offered in pediatric medium, pediatric short, adult long, adult short, and adult short and wide-leg options.
- The brand also has waterproof covers for different-sized arms for adults and children, as well as special waterproof covers for swimming.
- DryCast has 25 years of experience in making waterproof coverings for casts.
- The covers are latex-free
- They are very easy to slip on and take off.
- Designed to be spacey and comfortable, you can wear them in the shower without your movement being limited.
- The cast coverings are reusable.
- They are suitable for playing or walking in the sand or wading in a pool.
- There are no straps or tapes that need to be adjusted, as the diaphragm of the cover stretches out and then folds back in to create a watertight seal.
This reusable and comfortable waterproof leg cast cover by TKWC can successfully protect your cast or bandages for up to 6-8 weeks while you are recovering from your lower leg injury or surgery. It is affordable, reusable, and is designed to fit people of all ages.
- Suitable for protecting bandages, casts, wounds, abrasions, burns, PICC and IV lines, rashes, and other conditions on the lower foot
- It is made of latex-free waterproof vinyl, which can endure being used for showering for up to 6-8 weeks.
- One of these covers should last for the period of your recovery
- The cover is easy to slide on the foot
- It has a unique diaphragm seal that can fit the legs of people of all ages.
- The seal is flexible and latex-free and will not irritate your skin
- The size of the cast cover is 26 inches high, 17 inches at the foot, and 11 inches at the calve
- The diaphragm can stretch to a diameter of 6 inches and will keep any water out
- It will allow you to shower and maintain your personal hygiene while you are recovering
The superb Doact Waterproof leg cast cover is another versatile product that can be purchased for different types of injuries and different sized legs and arms for all ages.
- The diaphragm seal is designed and made from medical grade silicone
- The material is elastic and yet durable, so the cast cover will stay undamaged and can be reused throughout your rehabilitation
- It is approved by the FDA as a medical product
- It does not contain any latex and doesn’t have a plastic or chemical odor.
- Perfect for showering or bathing with fractures, wounds, surgeries, burns, rashes, and other conditions where the limb needs to stay dry
- The adult leg cast cover has a length of 24 inches and will fit nearly any leg size, as the opening stretches from 2 to 7 inches.
- The rubber flange will create a waterproof seal but without stopping the blood circulation to the leg and foot.
- It is easy to pull over the cast and to remove
- Sold with a lifetime guarantee and with useful customer care service
Do you need a waterproof cover for your IV or PICC line or a cast on your hand, wrist, or arm? The Firstar adult arm cast protector will fit just about any adult arm and will keep your cast, bandage, IV line, or another injury dry while you shower.
- The cast cover will fit any arm with a circumference from 9.9 to 14.2 inches.
- It has a total length of up to 25 inches
- Suitable for people who are at least 5ft. tall
- It is fully submersible and waterproof, so you can use it to shower
- Made of medically safe materials and without latex
- The soft and elastic diaphragm opening is easy and painless to put on and take off
- The protector is made of durable, thick, and reusable rubber material
- It is washable and can be kept sanitary for use during your recovery
- The design of the cover is spacious and baggy for easier placement and movement