Do you want to ensure that you and your family are drinking uncontaminated and safe water? With the best water distiller like our top rated one for 2019 – the Durastill 12-gallon automatic distiller, you will always have access to purified and clean water. You can use it for drinking, for cooking, cleaning, washing, as well as for multiple other purposes.
Our best pick for a water distiller for 2019 is the best large capacity distiller to own.Read on to find out which the top 10 best water distillers for 2019 are, and why you should seriously consider investing in one of these ingenious devices.
Our top favorite water distiller for 2019 is the best large capacity distiller to own for big storage as well as for large water peak demands or emergencies.
This distilling device is made of top quality materials in the USA and is a water distiller which will last and serve you a lifetime.
The distiller can produce 12 gallons (46 liters) of pure distilled water per 24 hours. It features a float control which will ensure that you and your family have pure and safe water to drink no matter what the circumstances are.
It is fitted with a large sized 25 gallon (96 liters) stainless steel water tank and is connected to the water line to make sure that you always have fresh distilled water without having to fill the distiller manually.
The Durastill water distiller also has a 316 Alloy stainless steel evaporator, and a stainless steel heating element of 1500 watts.
The unit needs to be plugged in a 115-volt outlet and has a volatile gas vent system to keep the water safe to drink and your family healthy.
The water distiller is 13 inches high, 20 inches wide and 13 inches deep, and weighs 36 lbs. The added storage tank for the water is 45 inches tall, 21.5 inches wide and 19.75 inches deep, and weighs 48 lbs.
The overall height of the distiller and the water tank is 58 inches. It is sold with all of the pre-filters, post-filters, fittings and an entire installation kit you need to install it.
The device will automatically turn on the water or turn it off in order to replenish your supply of fresh water at all times.
With a device like this, you will never need to worry about running out of fresh distilled water, no matter whether there is a natural disaster or another emergency.
For those of you who want the best of the best water distillers for 2019, the Durastill 12-gallon distiller is the way to go!
Our second favorite water distiller which will allow you to rest assured that your household has access to high purity water at all times is a top quality large sized water distiller by AquaNui.
The unit has a capacity of producing 1 gallon of pure distilled water per hour and 12 gallons of distilled water per day and comes with a generous sized 15-gallon water tank, which is a superb option both for households and for businesses.
The entire device is made of top quality American stainless steel. It has adjustable feet which you can level and adjust for the best comfort and to suit your storage space.
It is easy to install thanks to its saddle tapping valve, the 15-foot food grade tubing, compression nuts, and the VOC pre-filter.
You can use a pump kit to bring the distilled water to the faucet, to the fridge or the ice maker from another room or area like your garage or basement.
You can attach an ice maker with an accumulator to the AquaNui 12 gallon water distiller as well.
The large capacity water distiller is sold with a 15-year warranty, which includes a full 2-year warranty for all of its electrical parts.
It is made in the USA and is 53 inches high together with the water storage tank. Its width is 12.75 inches and its depth is 12 inches. The shipping weight is 68 lbs. and the actual unit weight is 54 lbs.
You can order the distiller with 5, 10 or 15-liter storage tank. It operates on 120V, with a total wattage of 1500 Watts, and operating pressure of 30-100psi.
Like our top favorite water distiller, this one too is completely automatic and will add feed water until the desired high level is reached in the tank. Then it will do the boiling and switch itself off when the water is ready. Once the level of stored water drops by 1.5 gallons, the unit will turn itself again to replenish the water and make sure that you have a fresh supply of distilled water any time you need it.
If you are on a limited budget and want an efficient water distiller without spending hundreds and thousands of dollars, we recommend that you pick our best budget-friendly choice for 2019 – the Mophorn Countertop Pure Water Distillation Purifier.
This is a small-sized, countertop unit which will not take up too much space and which you can carry with you when you are traveling, camping or other.
It works at 110V and has an output power of 750 Watts.
The unit will successfully distill up to 6 gallons of water every 24 hours and will remove any contaminants which can harm you or your family members.
The device has a built-in thermostat, so you don’t need to worry about the safety of its operation as it will switch itself off automatically if it is overheating.
The Mophorn water distiller is very simple to use and doesn’t require any complicated installation. All you need to do is add water, plug it in, and push a button, and it will take care of the rest.
This countertop water distiller is easy to fill and easy to clean and doesn’t require that you buy expensive replacement filters or cartridges.
It operates quietly, so you can leave it on at night and sleep undisturbed.
The body of the distiller is made of top quality baked enamel on the outside and stainless steel on the inside. All of the other elements which are in touch with the water you will be drinking are also made of 304 stainless steel as well.
The device has a soft catheter which will prevent it from accidental leaks.
The water container is made of BPA free plastic and has a nifty handle for easy pouring. Its capacity is 4 liters.
The distiller will make 4 liters of pure and safe distilled water in 4 hours. So you can expect to have access to about 6 gallons of distilled water per day if up purchase this inexpensive water distiller by Mophorn.
This small sized, affordable water distiller is an excellent option for home use, for businesses, for travel or for labs.
The size of the distilling chamber is 15.3 inches in height and 9.1 inches in diameter, and the water bottle size is 7.1 x 6.7 inches in size. The total weight of the device is only 10.6 lbs.
It is sold for a very reasonable price and comes with a discharge cap, a bottle cap, a filter, a chamber cleaning powder, a food grade water outlet soft catheter, and activated charcoal sachet and an instructions manual.
Overall, this compact water distiller is one of the best investments you can make for your home, business, RV or other, as it is safe, well-made works efficiently and doesn’t take up too much space, and still will provide you with access to fresh water at all times.
The rest of the best water distillers for 2019
If you are looking for a compact countertop water distiller which will not take up too much space in your home, office, RV, lab or other, but will provide you with the distilled water you need for drinking, cooking, cleaning or other needs, you may want to take a closer look at the Best-in-Class stainless steel distiller by H2OLabs.
- The distiller can make up to 16 gallons of pure, VOC-free distilled water per day
- The water tank is 4 gallons and it can work for 4 cycles per day
- It is fitted with additional activated carbon pods which last long and efficiently remove VOCs and other impurities from the water
- The distiller is sold with a year supply of these filters (6 filters)
- The distillation chamber including the dome, sides, bottom and the condensing coil are made of food safe top grade 304 stainless steel
- All of the plastics used in the unit and water bottle are BPA free and safe
- The chamber has a patented porcelain nozzle insert which will prevent the water from touching any metal or plastic as it is distilled and poured into the water bottle
- The glass carafe has a comfortable handle and is easy to lift and pour
- You will receive a jar of non-toxic water cleaning crystals for hard water
- The device is extremely easy to use, clean and maintain and comes with a detailed instruction manual
- It is designed to boil the water inside slowly in order to prevent the steam from mixing with any VOCs which are boiled off at the beginning of the distillation process
- The size of the distiller and the water carafe is only 16.5 x 12 x 11.3 inches when packed and it weighs 13.18 lbs. when unpacked, the entire unit weighs less than 10 lbs. so you can take it with you when traveling as well
- The footprint of the water distilling set is only about 8 x 16 inches
If you are constantly worried about leaving any electric appliances switched and working while you are sleeping or are out, then you should opt for the Megahome water distiller which has a UL certification for safety, which is a requirement by most insurance companies when offering fire safety insurance.
- UL certified for safety
- Distills 1 gallon of water per 5.5 hours
- It shuts off automatically when it is done distilling
- The distillation is done at 212 degrees Fahrenheit which is the best temperature to remove any impurities, toxins or contaminants from the water efficiently
- The distilling device also has 6 filters with high quality activated carbon to remove the VOCs from the water during the distillation
- The chamber is made of food safe 304 stainless steel – both on the inside and on the outside
- The water does not touch any plastic at any time during the distillation or pouring
- The nozzle of the distiller is porcelain lined
- The water bottle is made of glass which further ensures that you will be drinking or using distilled water of the highest purity possible
- Its size is 7.9 x 7.9 x 14.2 inches and it weighs 12.79 lbs.
- It is easy to clean, easy to use safe, and will save you a lot of money for bottled water, as well as reduce your carbon footprint
- The device is sold with a 1-year warranty and reliable customer care and service
If you want an intuitive, easy to use and reliable water distiller without breaking the bank, you should try out this convenient countertop water distiller by H2o Labs.
- Very easy operation, no complicated setup or assembly is required
- An intuitive refill and reset LED indicator will remind you when you need to add water and when the distilling is done
- The unit is light and compact
- It has an easy fill and easy to lift water tank
- The water tan features a nifty water feed valve
- The device has a capacity of making about a gallon of distilled water per 5 hours, which means 4 gallons per day
- It doesn’t require filter replacements
- Made of food-grade stainless steel, and BPA free plastic
- It comes with excellent customer care service
The Mini Classic countertop water distiller is an excellent option for those of you who need access to larger quantities of distilled water but don’t want to go with an industrial-sized distiller like our top favorites from this list.
- The distiller has a capacity to purify 3 liters of water per 3.5 hours so you will have access to clean water for drinking, cooking or cleaning whenever you need to
- The device is made of food-grade stainless steel both on the inside and on the outside
- There is no plastic used in this device at all
- It has a glass carafe which you can easily replace with an inexpensive large mason jar so that you can store your distilled water for later
- No assembly or installation is required – it is ready to use out of the box
- It has a compact size which makes it suitable for small apartments, RVs and for traveling
- It has an automatic timer, so you can leave it to operate unattended
- The distiller operates very quietly
- The size of the unit is 13.5 x 9.9 x 15.7 inches, and it weighs 31.4 lbs.
- It is sold with a 15-year limited warranty and a 2-year full warranty on all electronics
Can you imagine just how much money you can save from buying bottled water, and how drastically you will decrease your carbon footprint if you stop disposing of these plastic bottles? With an affordable and easy to use water distiller like the Rovsun 4lL you can do all that easy, and at a great price.
- The device is FDA approved for safety and for being a healthy and effective device for your body and wellbeing
- It has a highly efficient 750Watt heating element
- The countertop distiller will purify up to 1 liter of water per hour or a total of 16 to 20 liters per 24 hours
- The container can fit up to 4 liters or 1.1 gallons of water
- It has an auto shut off function for your safety and peace of mind which will switch the device off in case the temperature reaches up to 320 degrees Fahrenheit
- All of the parts inside and outside of the distiller are made of 304 stainless steel which is food safe
- It has a special system to prevent leakages
- The size of the distiller is 15.3 inches in height and 9.1 inches in diameter
- The water bottle is 7.1 x 7.1 inches
- The total weight of the water distilling system is 13 lbs.
- The glass carafe is shockproof and can fit up to 4 liters of water, and is easy to lift up and pour
- The water distiller is very easy to operate and clean
- The carafe and the distiller have large openings which makes them much easier to clean than many other units
- It comes with 3 activated carbon sachets, chamber cleaning powder, a catheter as well as a 1-year warranty
The CO-Z water distiller will ensure that your household has perfectly safe and clean water whenever you need it for drinking, cleaning, cooking or for other purposes.
- The device is FDA approved
- The 750Watt heater will ensure that you have about a quarter of a gallon (1.5 liters) of distilled water per hour
- The device is capable of making up to 6 gallons of distilled water per day
- The device is designed to remove all VOCs, bacteria, contaminants and dissolved solids from the tap water
- It is an easy to use machine, and is ready for use directly out of the box
- It has overheating protection and will switch off automatically in case the temperature reaches or passes 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- The interior is made of food safe 304 stainless steel
- The water container is made of BPA free plastic and has a capacity of one gallon of water
- The size of the entire package when shipped is 18.5 x 11 x 10 inches, and its weight is only 9.75 lbs.
- It is sold at a very affordable price
- Sold with a 1-year warranty
If you want to make sure that your water at home is free of any harmful impurities, heavy metals and bacteria, pesticides, parasites, and viruses, then the Waterwise 3200 could be the perfect solution for you.
- It has a capacity of distilling up to 1 gallon of pure water per 4 hours or a total of 6 gallons per 24 hours
- The device shuts off automatically after a distilling cycle so you can leave it unattended safely
- It has a dripless stop and serve design for a mess-free and hassle-free pouring experience
- It is 800 Watts
- It features a stainless steel water boiler
- The water tank is easy to fill
- The water carafe easily fits on the fridge door so you have access to clean and cool fresh water
- You can use it to fill your ice trays with distilled water easily for pure ice cubes
- No assembly is required
- The distiller has carbon post-filtration which further purifies the water after distilling it
- The carafe is made of Tritan which is BPA free and food safe
- The size of the distiller is 15 inches in height, 10.5 inches in depth and 15.4 inches in width and weighs 14.3 lbs.
- The design of the unit is modern and will look great on any countertop
What exactly is distilled water?
This is the water which is produced after distillation, during which the substances or components in the tap water are removed via evaporation which is then followed by condensation. The process of distillation can result in the complete separation of all the elements or partial separation which increases the concentration of certain elements in the liquid.
Both depend on the volatility of the different components in the water.
Distilled water lacks oxygen and minerals which can make it taste flat, but thanks to the water filters in some distillers as well as the additional minerals you can add to the purified water, you can improve its taste and increase its pH and mineral content.
How do Water Distillers Work?
The water distillers from our list have heating elements which heat up the water in the tank to a boiling point. Most of them have thermostats which ensure that the temperature is just right without using too much electricity or without heating up the water too much.
As soon as the water turns into steam in the distiller chambers it is drawn back in where it cools down and condenses and thus turns into liquid once again. The newly produced purified water is collected into the water container, and any contaminants which are removed from it during the process remain into the boiling chamber.
What about the actual water distillation process?
Distilling water is one of the oldest ways discovered by humans to purify and filter water. The process includes heating up the water to a boiling temperature which turns into vapor. As it rises, it enters the cooling coils which help lower its temperature and turn it into condense and thus back into a liquid state. At this stage, the purified water is collected and stored in a clean container, ready for consumption or other use.
Some of the water distillers on our list have additional activated carbon filters which remove all remaining chemicals from the filtered water.
Using and maintaining a water distiller
Since during the process of distillation, the contaminants from the tap water remain in the steam chamber, it is very likely that limescale will start building up in it, and can hinder the proper operation of the unit. This means that you will need to clean our water distiller on a regular basis.
Thankfully, keeping the boiling chamber clean is usually easy with any of these excellent water distillers in our list.
For more efficient limescale removal and cleaning, you can soak the lid of the distiller in water mixed with a quarter of a cup of either lemon juice or apple vinegar. In case the lid cannot be removed, use a clean cloth to clean it with the water and vinegar or lemon juice solution until it is clean.
You can clean the boiling chamber as well by using a solution of half water and half vinegar or lemon juice. Fill the chamber up with the solution above the maximum line in order to ensure that all minerals and other deposits are dissolved and removed. Let it sit overnight and rinse the chamber.
It is not recommended to use detergents to clean the boiling chamber because they can leave traces of potentially harmful chemicals inside your water distiller.
What are the benefits of drinking and using distilled water?
There are multiple health benefits of drinking distilled water, which include:
- Removal of chlorine
By removing chlorine from the water you drink, you will reduce the harmful chemicals which you and your family ingest and thus reduce the risk of poisoning as well as of other adverse effects including the development of some types of cancer.
Also, chlorine can irritate the eyes and the skin, so you can use the distilled water to shower and bathe as well.
- Removal of other chemicals and potentially harmful pollutants
Distilled water is the purest water you can drink. It is used in laboratories, for medical purposes as well as for making perfumes.
If you want to limit the intake of harmful chemicals, you should opt for drinking distilled water, rather than tap water.
- It doesn’t have Nitrates
Large quantities of Nitrates can be potentially dangerous for people with weakened immune systems, young children, and elderly people as well as for people with underlying health problems.
- It doesn’t have Barium or Copper
Barium and Copper can often be found in tap water. Barium can cause cardiovascular health issues, and the intake of too much copper can lead to an increased risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease or to other serious health problems.
- It contains no or fewer microorganisms
The process of distillation destroys most of the harmful microorganisms when the water reaches boiling temperature. So, consuming distilled water will reduce the risk of ingesting parasites, germs, viruses or other potentially harmful microorganisms.
- It promotes a natural detox of the organism
Distilled water remains the best way to flush out all of the toxins from the body. By drinking purified water you will stay hydrated, and at the same time flush out your bodily organs from all of the harmful toxins and components.
- It can improve the digestion
Since distilled water manages to free your body from toxins and pollutants, it can help improve your digestion system by making sure that your body is absorbing the essential nutrients instead of any harmful components and substances.
- It can help resolve unexplained health issues
Many people who suffer from eczema, skin irritation, unexplained headaches, brain fog or other issues which have no obvious underlying cause may find that by drinking distilled water their bodies will stop reacting to the harmful components found in tap water, and these symptoms may disappear completely.
- It can help you stay safe from bacterial or parasitic infections
By drinking distilled water, you and your family will be at a lower risk of developing parasitic or bacterial infections which are often caused by drinking contaminated water with harmful microorganisms.
- It will help improve your hair and skin
If you wash your skin and hair with distilled water you will reduce the risk of the buildup of mineral and other components on it which can eventually damage it or make it look lifeless and dull.
With distilled water, your skin will look fresher, and your hair will be shinier and more alive than ever.
- It will help you save money
By making your own distilled water at home, you will no longer have to pay to buy bottled water. Also, your health will improve so you will reduce your medical bills and sick time as well. This means saving tons of money in the long run.
- It will help you reduce your carbon footprint
Imagine the number of plastic water bottles you are currently throwing away every year? With a water distiller at home, you will reduce your harmful waste drastically and thus be kinder to nature by reducing your carbon footprint and the waste which is killing the Earth’s animals and nature.
What can you use distilled water for?
As mentioned above, you can use distilled water to drink it, cook with it and wash yourself and your utensils with it.
Still, there are numerous other uses for distilled water you should know about too:
- Distilled water is used by doctors, dentists and in labs
- Distilled water is used for sterilizing surgical and other medical and dental instruments. It is also used by doctors for washing their hands and for scrubbing in before surgery. It is also often used for cleaning wounds, rinsing mouths and others
- In laboratories, distilled water is used for experiments, because it doesn’t have any microorganisms or other impurities which can affect the outcomes of the experiments.
- It is also used for Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machines for people with sleep apnea or other disorders
- Distilled water is very efficient for cleaning contact lenses, glasses, as well as mirrors, windows and TV and computer screens because it is purified and does not leave white streaks and residues on the glass surface as normal tap water does
- Distilled water is also used in the perfume industry and for making cosmetics
- You can use distilled water to clean your lead-acid batteries and cool down the engine of your car as well
- Usually, this type of filtered water is used for making canned foods, as it reduces the risk of contamination of the food and its spoilage or change of color
- People use distilled water for cleansing their nasal passages as well
- It can be used for babies who are 6 months old or older too
- Air humidifiers at home function with distilled water as well, because it reduces the risk of growth of bacteria inside the units, as well as the minerals reduced in the air at home
- Distilled water is also an excellent option for topping off a fish tank, especially if you notice that your aquarium is losing too much water due to evaporation. But remember that you shouldn’t use only distilled water to fill up the entire tank because its lack of minerals is not good for aquatic life
- Distilled water is promoted as a weight loss solution as well. Since it has zero calories and helps keep you hydrated, distilled water can help you lose the extra weight and become fitter as well.
Comparing distilled water to other types of purified or filtered water
Distilled Water vs. Purified Water
Purified water is usually the result of various and multiple filtering stages and processing. The purification process can remove up to 99.99% of all harmful contaminant. Purified water usually contains less than 10 PPM contaminants, while distilled water contains as little as 1 PMM contaminants.
The main difference between the two is the level of mineral content in each. Even though both types contain fewer mineral, purified water usually has more minerals than distilled water. Still, minerals can be added to the distilled water after the distillation.
Distilled Water vs. Mineral Spring Water
Since spring water comes from natural water sources, it contains magnesium and calcium, which is why it has such a fresh taste. It is commonly used for drinking as well as for cooking and for everyday consumption due to its superb hydrating properties and its high mineral content.
Distilled water vs. Deionized water
Deionized water is made through the process of reverse osmosis, deionizing membrane on distilled water. It is purer than distilled water because it has no ions other than OH- and H+. It is highly pure, highly reactive water.
Distilled water Vs. Filtered water
The difference between filtered and distilled water is the difference in the filtration process which can leave different impurities in filtered water. If you buy bottle filtered water, chances are that it has undergone more serious filtration and can be considered purified water. But in other cases, filtered water could contain certain minerals and some microcontaminants.
With a good quality water distiller, you can be certain that the water you drink at home is safe and doesn’t contain any potentially harmful contaminants, including viruses, microbes, parasites, chemicals, and minerals.
Distilled water can also be used for various other purposes, such as in emergency situations when there is contamination of your local water sources.
It is always a way to save money from buying bottled water and helps reduce plastic waste.
We hope that we have helped you find the perfect water distiller and that soon you will have your own means of making fresh, clean and completely pure water at home with one of these excellent devices!
Last update on 2019-07-19 at 06:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API