Eating homemade warm and crispy waffles for breakfast can immediately brighten anyone’s day. With the irresistible scent of vanilla and melted butter, waffles are easily one of the favorite breakfast and brunch meals for millions.
So, do you want to buy a waffle maker which can ensure that your waffles are perfectly made, quickly and easily whenever you feel like it?
We have tested a bunch of waffle makers and have chosen the best 10 available on the market based on their ease of use, ease of cleaning, their price, as well as of course, their ability to make crisp and golden Belgian or regular waffles, which remain deliciously moist and fluffy in the inside for you.
Here are the best waffle makers for 2020.
- Bakes extra thick waffles which are crispy on the outside and amazingly fluffy inside for 3-4 minutes
- 180-degree rotating FlipSide design for professional, even and quick batter spreading and baking
- Extra thick grid
- Can bake 7-inch Belgian style waffles in four sections
- Non-stick ceramic interior for easy cleaning
- The double function base allows for easy rotation
- Small footprint (12 x 12 x 3 inches), and can be locked so that the unit is stored in a vertical position for even further space saving
- A sturdy stainless steel exterior
- A countdown timer and a digital display which informs you when the waffles are ready
- Portable – it weighs only 6 lbs.
- Doesn’t have temperature control
This non-stick ceramic FlipSide Belgian waffle maker from Presto is one of the easiest to use and easiest to clean waffle irons on the market. It makes deliciously thick and fluffy, Belgian-style waffles in a matter of minutes. You just need to use a damp cloth to clean the grids after you are done. So, no mess and no hassle at breakfast – plus, your whole family will be happy with the results!
- Very reasonably priced appliance
- A large 8-inch non-stick grid which is easy to clean and allows for getting the waffles out in one whole piece
- The Belgian waffles are baked to perfection in a matter of minutes
- Adjustable temperature control for dark or light waffle baking, and for different types of batters
- The unit has a sturdy stainless steel housing
- The cool touch handle makes the baking process safe and provides a firm grip
- The appliance can get very hot during the waffle making
This waffle making appliance from Oster has all the functions you will need to make the perfect Belgian style waffles. It is made of durable materials, has temperature controls and large waffle plates, and it is sold at a budget-friendly price.
- Makes 2 deep-pocket 7-inch waffles simultaneously
- 6 temperature settings for even browning of every waffle made
- Can make another batch of waffles after only 2 minutes from the previous ones
- Non-stick coating on the grids ensures quick release of the waffles and limits the need for cleaning up afterwards
- 2 useful LED indicators and 3 beep tones will inform you when the waffles are ready
- A rotary feature for even baking on both sides by flipping them 180 degrees
- Powerful unit – 1400 watts it is one of the fastest and hottest waffle makers on this list
- An on and off button which will save you the trouble of unplugging and plugging it in after each usage
- The unit is quite bigger and bulkier than other waffle makers – 10.6 x 16.5 x 10.2 inches, and 13 lbs.
It may take up more space in the kitchen, but this waffle iron by Cuisinart can make 2 perfect waffles in a matter of a few minutes, and then another 2 almost immediately. This means that you can feed your whole hungry family and a bunch of guests in no time at all. It is easy to use, easy to clean and is one of the most powerful units in this range. Plus, you have 6 adjustable temperature settings, and easy rotate feature and light and sound indicators to let you know when the waffles are ready.
- An easy flip function for evenly baked, thick and fluffy Belgian style waffles
- Easy to adjust browning control
- A drip tray catches any excess batter for a less messy experience
- The grids and drip tray can be removed and washed in a dishwasher
- An indicator informs you when the waffle maker is hot enough so you can add the batter
- A cool touch handle for comfort and safety
- Works well with the thickest batter and the most complex Belgian waffle mixes
- The thick and mouthwatering waffles are made in 5 to 8 minutes
- A durable brushed stainless steel housing
- You can add different mix-ins to the batter for different tastes (chocolate, cinnamon sugar, maple syrup, walnuts, pecans, fresh or dried fruit)
- Compact dimensions – 14.9 x 9.9 x 9.1 inches, 6.35 lbs.
- Indicator light to inform you when the waffle is ready
- No beep or other alarm sounds when the waffle is ready
This Hamilton Beach waffle iron is an excellent and affordable kitchen appliance which will allow you to make perfect waffles without any messy batter and spills. You can easily wash the drip tray and grids with some water or in a dishwasher. It is made of durable materials, and its browning control and useful flip function will ensure that your waffles are always made like you prefer them – light or brown, crispy and soft.
- Multifunctional – comes with a 4 slot waffle plate and a 4 slot pancake plate
- The pancake plates can be used for making eggs
- Non-stick removable, dishwasher safe plates
- Adjustable temperature control – 6 settings
- Indicator light and audible alerts when the unit is ready to bake, and when the pancakes or waffles are ready to eat
- A sturdy brushed stainless steel top
- Allows for vertical storage – for a smaller footprint
- Tongs and a useful recipe book are included
- BPA free
- The unit does get pretty hot during cooking
The Cuisinart WAF-300 is a multifunctional, well-built and highly efficient waffle maker, which you can use for making pancakes or eggs as well. The plates are very easy to remove and wash and the useful indicator light and sound will keep you informed when the unit is ready to bake and when your waffles or pancakes are ready, so you don’t need to worry about overbaking them ever again.
- Ultra-compact and lightweight – perfect for traveling or for very limited spaces
- Quick and easy use – plug it in, and in a few minutes it is ready for baking
- Waffles are ready in 2 minutes, after another 2 minutes you are set to make another one
- Double non-stick surface for consistent and even results
- Easy to clean
- Comes with a recipe book and access to a recipe database
- Perfect for waffles, hash browns, Paninis and other snacks
- Available in many different cute colors
- Great for a tight budget
- It doesn’t have an indicator for when the waffle is ready
If you don’t usually make huge batches of waffles, or if you want a very inexpensive, simple and yet efficient waffle maker, you should definitely opt for the DashMini Maker. It is tiny, easy to use, makes each waffle pretty fast and is a superb choice if you have limited space, or if you want better portion control.
- Makes classic 25-inch Belgian style round waffles in four sections
- The nonstick plates are very easy to clean and allow for the waffles to slide out without any hassle
- The cool touch handle will protect you when opening the hot unit
- A ready indicator light informs you when the appliance is pre-heated and ready to bake
- Great vertical storage design – allows for easy storage in tight places
- Stainless steel housing for a longer life of the appliance
- Compact countertop footprint: 10.1 x 4.7 x 13.1 inches
- Convenient cord storage
- 2 year limited warranty
- Very affordable price
- The unit gets hot when baking so you must use oven mitts
This is a very well-priced, sturdy and efficient waffle iron which will allow you to make perfect round shaped 7.25inch waffles whenever you feel like it. The non-stick grids ensure that the waffle doesn’t get stuck and are very easy to clean. You can easily store it in an upright position with the cord neatly stored inside whenever you are not using the appliance for a clutter-free kitchen.
- Bakes a six inch Mickey Mouse shaped waffle
- Has non-stick waffle baking plates
- Non-skid rubber feet to keep the unit safely in place
- 800 watts
- A power indicator light lets you know when the unit is hot and ready for waffle making
- The unit can be purchased with other Disney characters as well
- Very cute design – kids will love it
- 1-year warranty
- Doesn’t have an indicator light for when the waffles are ready
The Mickey shaped waffles will be a hit with your kids and for an upcoming birthday party for one of your children. This Mickey Mouse waffle maker is a very cute, easy to use and safe appliance, which will make delicious Disney character shaped waffles which are a joy to the eyes and for the taste buds.
It is easy to clean and is quite compact, so you won’t need to dedicate too much space for this wonderful waffle maker in your small kitchen. It is a reasonably priced small unit which is perfect for occasional waffle making, and for young kids.
- Large 7-inch waffle plates can make a batch of4 Belgian waffles at a time
- Non-stick plates for easy waffle removal and cleaning
- A ready indicator light for preheating and for when the waffles are ready
- A rotate and cook system via a simple system allows for even waffle browning and baking
- A useful and safe handle lock of the cool touch handle into the plate against dripping and burning
- At 14.3 x 7.9 x 9.2 inches, it does take quite a bit of countertop and storage space
This beautifully designed waffle maker from Black+Decker will help you make 4 delicious Belgian waffles in just a few minutes. It is well made and has some very useful functions including the indicator light for heating and for when the cooking is done, the easy flip function, the easy to clean non-stick plates. It is available at an affordable price and is sold with a limited 2-year warranty.
- Bakes 5 heart-shaped thin and crispy waffles at the same time
- Fast or deep baking adjustable settings via the special texture button
- Beeps as soon as it is preheated and ready for the batter as well as when it is done baking the waffles
- An overflow channel
- A floating hinge for the lid for even and consistent baking
- Non-stick plate surface reduces or limits the need of use of oil
- Can make the 5 waffles in up to 90 seconds
- Cools down and is ready to bake again almost instantaneously
- Small countertop space, and can be stored vertically for further space saving
- 1100 watts, heavy duty unit
- A 1-year warranty
- If you want thick Belgian style waffles, you won’t be satisfied with this appliance as it makes the thinner type
The Chef’s Choice WafflePro 830 makes 5 perfect heart-shaped, crisp, thin and delicious waffles per baking session. It heats up extremely fast and makes the waffles in less than 90 minutes. This appliance is easy to clean, cools down quickly and is very powerful. It is definitely a great waffle iron which is sold at a very reasonable price!
A home waffle maker will help you make perfect delicious waffles for breakfast, brunch or for any occasion actually. Even though waffles can come in various shapes, forms and sizes such as the Italian gofri, the Belgian liege, the Scandinavian vafler, we have based our reviews for the best waffle makers based on their ability to make the most commonly known Belgian and regular (American) waffles.
The Belgian waffles are distinguished by the deeper wells and the fluffy and moist inside, while as the thinner ones are known as regular American style waffles.
So, when you are picking the best waffle iron you need to consider the type of waffles you prefer first.
The shape can be square, circular, heart-shaped or other – and we have picked appliances which make all different types of shapes for you to pick from.
Also, think about the number of waffles you want to make per baking session. Some of these units can bake up to 5 waffles simultaneously, while others make only 1 or 2 at a time.
Although the design of the waffle makers is very similar in all of these devices, there are some differences in the functions and the features available in the different waffle irons in our list, so take the time to look at their pros, cons and overall features.
The size of the waffle maker too is essential, especially if you have limited countertop or storage space, so take the dimensions and the ability of the units to be stored vertically into consideration as well before purchasing one.
Good quality waffle makers are built of sturdy materials and have non-stick grids and plates to ensure that the waffles come out in perfect shape and that there is little need for cleaning after the baking.
Also, most units have a preheat light or audible indicator, and some of them have an alarm which informs you when the waffles are ready.
The ease and safety of use are also essential, so look at the descriptions of the different appliances to decide which one will be more suitable for your preferences and needs.
Some of the appliances are more versatile, and you can use them for making pancakes, hash browns, eggs and others.
Some of our top picks have adjustable temperature levels for baking the waffles to a browner or lighter level depending on your taste.
Also, some waffle irons need very little cooling and recovery time before making a new batch of delicious waffles than others, so if you are planning on making large batches – this is an important characteristic to look for.
The preheating time and the cooking time are also essential since some of these devices are more powerful and others. If you want to save time, choose a waffle iron which makes perfect waffles in a matter of just a few minutes.
The flipping and rotating functions of these devices are essential if you want the waffles to be evenly baked and browned on all sides.
Of course, there is a significant difference in the price ranges of the lower end to the high-end waffle makers, but keep in mind that the more expensive models heat up faster and get hotter than the cheaper ones, so decide on whether you are willing to spend more money on a faster and more efficient waffle making machine, or you can do with a cheaper and less powerful one.
The added features such as drip trays, on and off function, different plates for pancakes and waffles, flip mechanisms and others are some of the other factors which should make your decision-making process much easier.
Overall, we must say that we are very happy with all 10 of these waffle makers, and can highly recommend any one of them. So, you can be certain that whichever one you choose – you will be making a wise choice and a good investment!
Good luck and have fun experimenting with all those delicious waffle recipes out there!
Last update on 2020-10-21 at 07:13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API