For all digital artists – newbies, enthusiasts or professionals it is clear that achieving the exact effect you want working on a computer can be quite frustrating and painstaking when you use a standard mouse to draw, sketch, write by hand, edit and work with the specialized digital art editing software.
This is when a good quality Wacom bamboo graphic tablet like the Wacom Intuos can become an irreplaceable tool.
With a tablet and a pen from the Wacom Bamboo series, you will be able to draw, paint, edit, sketch and design anything exactly the way you intend it to be. Using a tool like this is like using a real pen and piece of paper or a paintbrush and a canvas.
We have reviewed a number of Wacom Bamboo products, and have chosen the absolute top picks for this year for you.
Read on to find out more about these nifty devices, and why you absolutely need one for your work in photo editing, animation, painting, sketching, drawing and designing.
This drawing tablet is perfect for use for any kind of digital art as well as for editing of photos and animation.
It connects to all PCs (Windows 7 or later) and Macs (OS X 10.11 or later) via USB.
The tablet itself is slim and has a large drawing surface of 6 x 3.7 inches and is perfect if you have limited workspace and need more room for your artistic work.
The Intuos tablet is easy to set up and use and is suitable both for left and for right-handed people. The pen is battery free and doesn’t need to be charged, so it will never run out of power in the middle of a creative spree.
You can create nifty shortcuts to use during work via the four customizable ExpressKeys of the tablet.
You will receive a free download of three programs once you register your item, including Corel Painter Essentials 6 for graphics drawing, Corel AfterShot 3 for easy photo-editing, and a 2-year license for using CLIP STUDIO PAINT Pro for creating comic manga animation.
This set is great for newbies who want to get into graphics arts as quickly and as easily as possible.
Thanks to the 4096 pressure levels of the sensitive pen, you will have the feeling that you are drawing on real paper with a real pen in your hand. This means more precision, better control and varying nuances you can never achieve with the use of a mouse.
This model is also available with a larger drawing tablet sized 10.4 x 7.8 inches as well.
The runner-up in our list is this superb Wacom Bamboo Splash tablet and pen set. You can use it to create all kinds of drawings, for painting, to mark-up and add comments to documents as well as for sketching.
Along with the set you will receive free downloads of a useful software pack including ArtRage Studio and Autodesk Sketchbook Express. All you need to do is register your item via the installation CD instructions which will navigate you to download.wacom.com where you will get access to the downloadable software.
The pen has been ergonomically designed to provide you with the comfort and the feeling of using a real pen, and thus allow you to draw, paint or write precisely on the active area of the Bamboo tablet which is 5.8 x 3.6 inches.
With this bundle, your natural hand drawing, painting, and writing will be digitalized instantly and easily, which is much easier and more precise than using the mouse of your computer.
The Bamboo Splash is compatible with Mac and PCs (Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.5 and newer). The pen is battery free and is the perfect tool for beginning digital artists.
With the ArtRage Studio software, you can make use of artistic tools such as different types of pains and drawing and painting tools, and can make use of functions like tracing images and applying layers on your work. This software is an excellent option if you want to enter the world of digital art without spending time and effort learning the complex controls which some of the popular digital art software requires.
As for Sketchbook Express, you can use it to sketch drawings on your digital canvas with the use of the various, easy to use creative tools offered by the program.
The size of the tablet is 0.4 x 10.9 x 6.9 inches, and it is reversible which makes it suitable both for left-handed and for right-handed use.
With the tablet and pen, you will receive an installation CD, a quick start guide, access to the two abovementioned programs as well as a 1-year warranty.
Best budget choice
With this bamboo pen and tablet you can easily turn any computer into a professional range editing tool, as you can use it to draw, sketch, edit, paint, and personalize documents with your own doodles and handwritten notes in digital ink.
The tablet is 9.8 x 6.9 inches large and is small enough to carry around or store in your laptop case. The large active touch response area will provide you with sufficient workspace for all of your projects.
The bamboo pen is battery free and provides a comfortable grip as well as the feeling that you are using a real pen on paper no matter whether you are left handed or right handed.
The pen has an amazing 512 levels of different pressure sensitivity which will allow you to add the exact nuances you want whenever you want to, which is something impossible to achieve by working on your computer with a mouse only.
This set is perfect for all of you looking for a clearer visual means of communication and work. The Wacom Bamboo pen is designed to fit your hand ergonomically and comfortably so you can work without any strain or difficulties. Using this pen and the tablet by Wacom actually feels like you are writing on paper with a real pen or pencil.
You will receive Corel Painter Essentials with this set which will allow to easily turn all of your photos into actual paintings and to create unique and natural media art.
The Bamboo tablet and pen will work with any computer or laptop, no matter whether it is PC or Mac, as long as it runs Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista or Windows 7, or Mac OS X 10.48 or higher.
All you need to do is attach the tablet via USB to the computer in order to turn it into a virtual canvas or piece of paper where you can start drawing, writing and editing. Just release your talent on the display of the tablet via the bamboo stylus.
This Bamboo set by Wacom is affordable, very comfortable to use, and is easy to set up. It comes with all the drives and software you will need to install on your computer.
The rest of our top picks from the Wacom Bamboo series
- The active area of the tablet is 5.8 x 3.6 inches
- The pen is ergonomic and mimics the feel and movement of a real pen for added precision, control and better results
- Comes with downloadable Photoshop Elements, Nik Color Filters, and Autodesk Sketchbook Express digital art programs
- The device has four customizable shortcut ExpressKeys where you can add the functions you use the most
- You can use to edit and restore photos, improve them and create your own compositions
- Thanks to the multi-touch input of the Bamboo Capture you can easily zoom in and out of your photos, use intuitive gestures as you would on your mobile device and navigate through your computer via your fingers
- The pen is battery free and has 1024 pressure levels
- There is a pen holder attached for added convenience
- Suitable for right and left-handed use
- The size of the tablet is 10.9 x 6.9 inches
- It connects to the computer via USB
- Works with PCs with Windows XP, Vista and 7 and Macs with OS X 10.5.8 or above
- You will also receive a USB connection cord, an installation CD, 3 replacement pen nibs and a nib puller in the package
Are you working on a digital scrapbook or on another craft project which requires precision and a lot of touch up work? With the Wacom Bamboo Craft tablet, your work will become much easier, and your projects will become as perfect as you have wanted them to be.
- Perfect for your craft projects, for creating and editing scrapbooks and others
- Features the Multi-touch Wacom system allowing for easy manipulation and navigation via gestures and taps with the finger
- The pen included has 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity for excellent precision and control
- The pen is easy to grip, ergonomic and feels like a real pen. It is suitable for use with the left or the right hand
- The tablet is 9.8 x 6.9 inches
- It is easy to install and set up – just plug it in the computer via USB, install the included drivers and you are set
- You will get free access to first class editing programs including Adobe Photoshop Elements 8, Corel Painter Essentials 4.0 and Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 WE which separately cost more than several hundred dollars
- You will also receive a DVD with 26 lessons for creating scrapbooks, an online class, 1-year subscriptions to Scrapbooking an Beyond magazine, a retail store at Café Press for 1 year and an 8×8 Shutterfly photo album
- Compatible with computers with Windows XP SP2 or above and with Mac OS X 10.4.8 and higher
- This set is a superb choice both for beginners and for advanced digital artists
- It can be used for drawing, editing, painting, and others
- The tablet and pen are very easy to use
- The pen is sensitive with 2048 pressure levels, so the lines will be thinner when you press lightly and thicker when more pressure is applied, something impossible to achieve with a mouse only
- You can use the mouse and the pen simultaneously
- The accuracy you can achieve is +/- 0.02 inches
- The tablet is compact and has a 6 x 7-inch active area which makes it perfect for limited desktop spaces
- The set can be used both by people who use their left hand and those who use their right hand
- It can be connected to all PCs with Windows 7 and above and Macs with OS X 10.10 and above
- The connection can be via USB or wireless
- With the appropriate software, you can easily scale, resize, copy, edit and retouch or erase your work with this set
- The bundle also includes a USB cable, a nib remover tool and three extra nibs for the pen
If you have attempted to draw or sketch something on one of the many available digital art programs available, you know just how frustrating it could get when you are trying to do it with your mouse.
So, why not invest in a reliable, easy to use and affordable piece of hardware like a Wacom Bamboo tablet and pen in order to make life easier for you?
We have carefully sifted through the entire Bamboo line offered by Wacom, and have hand-picked the best drawing tablets with pens and sets which are currently offered on the market for you.
So, hopefully, you have found the one which will suit your skill levels, your line of work or your hobby and pretty soon you will be able to enjoy turning your manual drawing, editing and sketching into digital art without difficulties and without any distortion with one of these clever devices.
We wish you good luck with your purchase and are pretty certain that your art or other products will become much more precise and much closer to what you had imagined when creating them with one of these nifty Wacom Bamboo digital tablets and pens!
Last update on 2019-09-19 at 00:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API