Breville Smart Oven Air Convection BOV900BSSUSC
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Breville BOV650XL Oven
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Cuisinart Deluxe Convection TOB-135N
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
After more than 45 hours of research and testing, we have the shortlist with the best toaster ovens on the planet!
Even though microwave ovens are still the more popular choice, more people are switching to toaster ovens, due to their versatility, functionality and their capability for making a much wider range of snacks and meals than just toast. These useful kitchen appliances can be used for reheating meals, roasting veggies, broiling burgers, making pizza, baking cookies muffins and much more.
They have a small capacity and heat up very quickly. Plus, they can roast and bake food to become all nice and crispy, which microwaves can’t.
Since there are quite a few models and types of toaster ovens on the market, we have tested more than 30 of the most popular ones, and have hand-picked the best performers and our overall winners in regard to features, size, functionality, speed, price, and ease of use.
Here is our list of the best toaster ovens of 2019.
If you want to spend your money on a truly versatile toaster oven which can replace your oven, toaster, microwave and air fryer, the Breville Smart air convection oven is a definite must! This is the number one toaster oven on our list for the best ovens for 2019.
- Features the trademark Element IQ to adjust the heat and power whenever it is needed
- Super convection oven with 2 powerful fans (regular and super) for a better cooking experience
- Versatile oven – it air fries, dehydrates, roasts and toasts evenly
- A large capacity cavity of 16 x 13.5 x 7 inches (1 cubic ft.) which can fit a 12 cup muffin tray, a 14 lbs. turkey, 9 slices of bread or a 5.5 qt. Dutch oven
- Multiple rack positions allow for cooking several meals at the same time
- A rotate remind feature to alert you when you should turn the pan or basket
- PID control of the temperature from 80 to 480 degrees Fahrenheit
- 13 pre-set cooking programs: toast, broil, bagel, bake, pizza, roast, warm, air fry, proof, slow cook, cookies and dehydrate
- Comes with 2 oven racks, a 13inch pizza pan, a broil rack, a 13×9 inch enamel roasting pan and an air fryer basket
- Sturdy construction made of brushed stainless steel
- Beautiful, modern design
- It can replace your regular oven, microwave, toaster and air fryer
- With air frying, you can fry with no or very minimal quantities of oil or fat
- Internal light turns on automatically
- Adjustable beep level
- The timer pauses when you open the door
- Auto eject feature for the air-fry and toaster settings
- Easy to see and use display and controls
- Phase cooking feature allows you to combine two cooking cycles in one
- Doesn’t come with a recipe book
This is an amazing multi-cooking appliance, which can be used instead of all of your other cooking devices at home. It is smaller than a regular oven, but has a large capacity and can cook a very wide range of meals, snacks, and desserts. It is very easy to use, and the 13 preset cooking settings are incredibly convenient! This is most certainly the most multifunctional and effective toaster ovens on the market right now!
- Comes with a pull out 10 x 10-inch enamel crumb tray which makes it very easy to clean
- Also included is a handy 10 x 10-inch enamel broiling rack
- 1800 watts
- An Element IQ trademark feature which delivers the right temperature and amount of power at the right time
- 8 preset programs for toast, bake, bagel, broil, roast, cookies, pizza and reheat
- You can customize the settings of each program, and the oven will remember your preferences for next time
- An easy to read backlit LCD will inform you of the correct temperature and time required. It illuminates in orange during the pre-heating, and then in blue when the cooking is done
- This is a smaller version of the Breville Smart Oven (17 x 15 x 10 inches) and weighs only 15 lbs.
- The 0.6 cubic ft. interior is non-stick and can fit 4 slices of bread or a 12-inch pizza
- An easy and intuitive control dial
- Adjustable temperature from 120 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Three rack positions
- A tempered glass door
- Very sleek contemporary design
- 1-year limited warranty
- The timer starts automatically even if you haven’t adjusted the cooking temperature
This is a beautifully designed toaster oven with a small footprint, which you can use for reheating, roasting, broiling, baking and for making pizza, cookies and of course toast. It is reasonably priced, well-built and very easy to use thanks to its pre-set programs and its smart Element IQ feature which adjusts the power and temperature automatically. The Breville BOV650Xl toaster oven is possibly one of the best choices when it comes to toaster ovens!
Related – The Best Air Fryers 2019 – The Ultimate Reviews
The Cuisinart Deluxe is less expensive than the Breville smart convection air oven, but it is as good looking as the former and has some wonderful features which make it a perfect compact toaster oven for any kitchen.
- Compact, sleek design – made of stainless steel
- A 0.6 cubic ft. capacity which can fit 6 slices of bread or a 12-inch pizza
- A large blue backlit display and easy to manage digital controls
- A powerful convection fan for fast and even cooking
- The non-stick interior is easy to clean
- A digital clock and a 2-hour timer, with an auto shutoff function
- Allows for precise temperature, time, cooking type and toast shade adjustment and control
- Multifunctional cooking unit with 9 cooking functions – it can bake, broil, roast, reheat, defrost, bagel and toast
- The convection can broil or bake quickly and evenly
- 3 rack positions for added versatility
- An exact heating and cooling technology for precise cooking temperatures
- Even toast shading
- 1800 watts
- Temperature range for cooking is between 200 and 450 degrees, and for broiling up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Comes with a baking pan, a broiling rack, a removable crumb tray and a useful recipe booklet
- BPA free
- A 3-year warranty
- Affordable price
- The body of the oven, especially the back gets very hot during cooking
This is a reasonably priced, high quality, multifunctional toaster oven which you can use for making various dishes and desserts. It has 9 different cooking settings, including a very efficient convection broiling and baking function. It looks great and is easy to use, and is definitely one of the best toaster ovens which we had the privilege of testing.
- Thanks to the FlashXPress feature which uses double infrared light – your food will be prepared up to 40% faster than in any other toaster oven
- The smart oven will calculate the cooking time and temperatures automatically
- Has 6 preset illustrate settings including toasting bread or bagels, baking pizza, defrost and thaw, reheat and bake French fries or onion rings
- The stay cool control panel is easy to view and navigate
- Temperature can be regulated from 250 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- No preheating is required for cooking
- There is a smart digital timer
- 1300 watts
- Non-stick interior and a removable tray from the front to keep the unit clean easily
- A very small footprint of 10 ¼ x 13 x 12 inches, and only 7.5 lbs.
- A bright interior light and a see-through door
- Sold with a baking tray and a square inner tray
- Doesn’t heat up too much on the outside during use
- The infrared light used for cooking flashes during the cycle, which some might find annoying
The Flash Xpress toaster oven is the smallest one on our list, but it is also the fastest one too! It doesn’t preheat, so you go straight into making toast or cooking once you hit the start button. It will take very little space on your countertop, it doesn’t emit too much heat and is very easy to clean and use. This versatile ultra-fast toaster oven is among our personal favorites on this list!
This is another wonderful appliance from Cuisinart, which we can highly recommend to all of you who want to buy an efficient toaster oven which you can use for baking, broiling, convection cooking, defrosting and reheating as well.
- A spacious 0.6 cubic ft. capacity which can fit 6 pieces of toast
- Precise shade control and a heat sensor for even toasting and cooking
- Preset cooking programs for toast, bagels, broiling, baking, pizza convection, defrosting and reheating
- Intuitive digital touchpad controls, a clock, and a timer
- Compact footprint 18.25 x 20 x 12 inches, 23 lbs.
- Attractive design with stainless steel side grips and bar handle
- 1500 watts
- Fast and even cooking thanks to the convection feature
- Reasonably priced
- No interior light
This is a small, and yet multifunctional toaster oven, made of top quality materials in accordance with American electrical standards. It is easy to set and use, and the convection fan allows for very fast and even baking and cooking. Your toast will always be evenly toasted with this wonderful Cuisinart countertop toaster oven.
It comes to no surprise that the Oster convection toaster oven is one of the most popular choices on the market. It is a beautiful kitchen appliance with multiple functions which will make you fall in love with it instantly!
- Available at a very affordable price
- Can fit 6 slices of toast
- A convection function for a faster and more even baking experience
- Interior light allows you to monitor the toasting or cooking process
- Adjustable temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Small footprint for convenient countertop placement – 19.72 x 16.29 x 11.33 inches
- Sold with a durable baking pan and a removable crumb tray for easy cleaning
- Intuitive digital controls
- Several preset programs for baking, convection baking, and broiling or for toasting different types of bread, defrosting, warming or for making a 9 to 12-inch pizza
- A 90-minute timer with an auto shut off function and a sound alert
- 2 rack positions allow for customization of the oven space
- The exterior gets very hot during cooking, so you should take safety precautions for children and for yourself when around it
This is a budget-friendly toaster oven which you can use to virtually replace your regular oven. It will not only make perfect toast, but you can also use it to cook, bake or broil any meal, as well as instead of a microwave oven to defrost or reheat food too!
- Stainless steel construction
- A very versatile appliance which has settings for toast, broil, bake and keep warm
- A handy 30-minute timer, which automatically shuts to unit off once the countdown is over
- This oven saves energy and time – it uses 64% less energy by reheating 28% faster than regular ovens
- Sold with a baking rack and bake pan
- The crumb tray slides out easily for crumb removal and cleaning
- Adjustable toast shades
- 3 different rack positions
- 1440 watts
- Temperature range is up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Space-saving compact footprint
- Very stylish design
- Stainless Steel exterior
- The oven can get dangerously hot on the outside
This Hamilton Beach toaster oven is a beautifully designed appliance with a surprisingly low price tag. You can use it for making toast fast, as well as for baking pizza, cookies, broiling and for keeping a meal warm. It is most definitely the top pick when it comes to budget-friendly toaster ovens!
- The special roll-up design of the oven door saves countertop space and will provide you with safe and easy access to the toast or other food
- Versatile functionality, including baking, broiling, and toast
- Convection cooking function for a faster and more even cooking experience
- You can choose between normal and convection cooking
- 2 rack positions
- A baking rack and a baking pan are included in the package
- The crumb tray can be removed and cleaned easily
- Can fit 6slices of toast, a 12inch pizza or a 9 x 11-inch baking pan
- Its size is 9.41 x 18.74 x 15.24 inches
- Easy to clean – thanks to the removable roll-up door, the food and crumbs won’t spill on the door
- A 20-minute timer and alarm
- The bulky design on the back side of the oven makes it take up more countertop space
The Easy access Hamilton Beach toaster oven features the one-of-a-kind roll-up door which you will find very convenient. You can safely open the door during or after the cooking without making a mess and without pushing things off of the countertop with the door. This is a wonderful toaster oven with a super-fast convection option which will save you time for cooking and money from the electricity bills.
- Outstanding silver design
- Powerful – 1800 watts
- Comes with 7 integrated cooking functions:: toast, air fry, bake, broil, convection broil, convection bake and warm
- 6 cubic foot capacity suitable for 6 pieces of toast, a 12-inch pizza, a 4 lb. chicken or for air frying 3 lbs. of chicken wings
- Air frying uses 80 to 100% less oil for frying than a deep fryer
- An oven light
- Non-stick interior
- An adjustable thermostat
- A 60-minute timer with an auto shutoff function
- A timer for selecting the preferred toast shade
- Doesn’t have a crumb tray or catch plate
This is a powerful kitchen countertop appliance which you can use as a toaster, an air fryer, and a convection or regular oven. It is easy to use and has preset cooking settings for fast and hassle-free temperature and time adjustments.
It is pricier than some of the other ovens, but given its multiple features including the air frying one – you will actually be saving money when you buy this instead of spending money on several separate appliances!
Do you want an alternative to your oven which won’t necessitate that you bed over all the time to monitor the food or to pull out those heavy trays and pans? With the Cuisinart TOB-155 toaster oven, you can watch your food and take it out easily thanks to its compact countertop design.
- A large capacity of 0.6 cubic ft. enough for 6 slices of bread
- Buttons for toast, pizza bake, broil, bagel, reheat and defrost
- Easy to view and use touchpad controls
- Large digital display with a clock and a timer
- A heat sensor and shade control keeps the temperature just right for your cooking recipe
- It can easily be used as a second oven or instead of your regular one
- Removable crumb tray
- Reasonably priced
- The door gets pretty hot, so be careful when opening it to touch only the handle
This is a beautiful kitchen appliance which can become an exceptional backup or replacement for your traditional bulky oven. You can use it for making quick and evenly shaded toast, as well as for broiling, baking, reheating and defrosting. It is compact, very easy to use and clean and is available at an excellent price!
Well, hopefully, you have found the toaster oven you have always dreamed about in our list. All of these appliances are very well made, easy to use and multi-functional.
They are much more than just regular toasters. In fact, most of them are so versatile, that you can easily use them instead of your regular or convection oven, your microwave, your deep fryer, your air fryer and your toaster!
The designs, sizes and the functionalities of all of these toaster ovens differ, and so do their prices, so make sure you pick the one which will fit the space you have allotted and which will serve the purpose you are buying it for. It is quite likely that once you start using one of these great units, you will be pleasantly surprised at the number of different dishes, snacks, and desserts you will be able to prepare in it.
We are serious fans of these versatile devices, and can recommend them as a must-have appliance for any kitchen!
Go ahead, and purchase the one you love the most and start enjoying that delicious and evenly made toast right away!