If you have visited a chiropractor, you may have tried out one of those miraculous stretching machines, which can easily alleviate all kinds of back, leg, and other body pains and problems. So why not get one for your home?
There are various very well-priced, safe, and easy to use stretching machines currently being offered at the market.
Some are suitable for full body stretching, and others are focused on stretching the back, the legs, the hamstrings, or other specific body parts.
You can choose a more specialized one, or a multifunctional stretching machine, depending on your needs.
Since we have quite a bit of experience with this type of device, we have identified our top 10 favorite stretching machines for 2021 to help you find the perfect one for you.
Here are the top 10 home stretching machines for 2021.
If what you need is a full-body stretching machine, then you should definitely check out the Precor 240i.
- Provides safe and efficient full body stretching by targeting every muscle group (back, chest, hamstrings, shoulders, biceps, glutes, hips, inner thighs, and all core muscles)
- Features an ergonomic handle and seat design allowing for a wide range of stretching exercises
- An added detailed placard with 8 recommended key stretch positions on the frame of the trainer
- Can improve sports performance as well as the flexibility of less fit people
- Durable cushioned seat and back and padded handlebars
- Comfy and secure wrist straps
- Compact dimensions: 52 x 28 x 36 inches
- Lightweight – 60 lbs.
- 5-year warranty of the frame, 2 for the parts, and 3 months for the upholstery
- It is quite pricey
The Precor 240i may be a bit more expensive than some of the other full body stretching machines, but it is a versatile, well-built, and comfortable stretching device that you can easily fit in a tight space or move away when not in use. This is possibly the best option for those of you who want a stretching machine for the entire body and all muscle groups.
- A 6 position adjustable system with a locking pin and a protective cover
- Ergonomic and reversible ankle holding system
- Handlebars are covered with foam for added comfort and a better grip
- Large-sized comfortable padded backrest and an adjustable headrest
- Can safely hold and work for people from 4’10” to 6’6” tall and with a weight of up to 300 pounds
- Heavy-duty, durable construction
- Triple adjustment structure for the most comfortable and smoothest inversion process
- Foldable for easier storage
- The parts are not labeled, so assembly could be quite complicated
The Innova ITX9600 is a heavy duty inversion table that will keep you safe no matter your height (up to 6’6”) or your weight (up to 300 lbs.). It has a large and comfortable back and headrest, adjustable ankle straps, and long padded handrails. You will be amazed at how effective this stretching machine is for any type of back problem!
If you are recovering from a hamstring or knee injury, and want the perfect stretching machine for hamstrings, then you should definitely opt for the IdealStretch machine. It is specifically designed for this muscle group but combined with a stretching strap, you can use this stretching device for all muscles in your body.
- Allows for hamstring stretching without putting stress on the back
- Keeps the knee straight for a better stretching effect
- Works on the hamstring and calf simultaneously and is effective for hip, groin, and IT band stretches
- Keeps the orientation of the hip straight and safe during the exercise
- Comes with a useful DVD with stretching instructions
- Helps alleviate back pain and knee pain
- Designed for safe stretching
- Heavy-duty steel frame
- Easy use
- Portable and with a small footprint
- You can work only on one leg at a time
This is a compact and sturdy stretching device that you can use to safely stretch your hamstrings and alleviate back, knee, IT band, and hip pain without the help of a partner or trainer. It is easy to use, portable, and available at a great price!
Maybe you also need: Compact Treadmill For Home Workout
Both you and your spouse want to use the stretching machine at home, even though you have quite a height difference? Don’t worry. With the Nitrofit Limber Pro, you can easily adjust the machine to fit your different heights, as well as adjust the intensity of your stretching.
- A removable calf stretch board or it can be set in 3 incline setting levels for stretching intensity adjustment at 16, 23, and 30 degrees.
- The seat is adjustable and can easily be set in one of 7 seating positions with a simple locking pin.
- A sturdy steel frame, padded with knee and back foam cushions
- It has wheels on the front for easy mobility
- Safety straps for the wrists
- A capacity of 300 lbs.
- Features an illustrated guide with 9 of the best stretching exercises placed on the frame
- The stretching exercises can be performed standing or when seated
- Small footprint of 65.5 x 22.4 inches, and only 50.5 x 22.4 inches without the calf board
- Helps reducing back pain
- The illustrations of the exercises on the added placard are quite small and can be difficult to distinguish from a distance.
The Nitrofit Limber Pro is a reasonably priced, versatile full body stretching machine suitable for households where people of different sizes want to use it. It provides safe and highly efficient stretches for all muscle groups and is perfect for resolving back issues or sore muscle problems. This is another leading full body stretch machine, which can highly recommend to all interested in purchasing one for themselves.
- Features a unique massage pad that provides vibration and heat and has multimode massaging options
- Adjustable pin system (6 positions)
- A true balance system for safe and easy inversions
- Works for people who are from 4’210” to 6’6” inches tall and weighing up to 300 lbs.
- Heavy duty construction made of top-notch materials
- Padded foam backrest and an adjustable headrest
- Foam covered handlebars
- 1-year warranty
- The shorter lever for the ankle lockers means that users will need to bend down more to secure their ankles.
The Innova ITM4800 is an affordable, well-made inversion table with an added heat and massage function. It is easy and safe to use and can be adjusted to suit your height and the angle of inversion you prefer.
This is most definitely one of the best home inversion stretching machines available currently on the market!
Related article: Top Heavy Punching Bag Stands for Home Workout
If you are shopping for a leg stretching machine which will help you train your splits, or provide you with a full stretch after a long day at work, then the Proforce Stretchmaster could be one of the options for you.
- It allows for splits training and leg stretching to 180 degrees and beyond.
- It comes fully assembled, so it is ready to use straight out of the box.
- The frame is made of sturdy welded steel tubes for added durability and safety.
- The seat, backrest, and leg extensions are all comfortably padded
- It has a convenient gear-driven turn wheel crank to perform as much stretching as you want
- There is a stop latch so you can hold your stretch position for as much as you want
- You can release the tension instantaneously or gradually, depending on your preferences
- You can remove the turning wheel and fold down the backrest for compact and easy storage
- It has wheels for easier portability
- The user weight limit is up to 250 lbs.
- It comes with only 30 days of warranty
The Proforce Stretchmaster Leg Stretcher is one of the options if you are a dancer, gymnast, or athlete and want to practice and improve your splits. It is also suitable for people who want to be able to work on their leg stretches at home effortlessly and safely.
The machine is very sturdily built and has comfortable padding. You can stretch your legs to 180 degrees and beyond and decide when you want to hold the stretch or release it.
The unit comes with a removable turning wheel crank and can be folded, so it takes up less space when not in use.
- Affordable price tag
- A soft padded backrest and ankle support
- Extra-long 34-inch handrails
- Lightweight, easy to fold and store (52 lbs.)
- Sturdy construction and no-skid feet will keep you safe during inversions.
- You can custom fit it to your size thanks to the limiting strap, and the 26 height adjustment options (suitable for people from 5’1” to 6’6”)
- Adjustable rotation speed
- You can do partial and full inversions – 8 adjustment levels
- Dimensions are 49 x 26 x 65 inches, backrest is 41.5 x 15.5 inches
- Weight capacity of 350 lbs.
- Some people may find the assembly process a bit complicated
The Ironman inversion table is a great and safe way to stretch your back in the comfort of your own home. It is highly adjustable to different heights and offers different speeds and inversion angles to suit all needs. It is available at a superb price and is quite sturdy, so it is definitely a good investment for everybody who needs an inversion table.
This FDA-approved Inversion Table by Teeter is one of the top choices on the market in 2021 if you are looking for a stretching machine that will help you safely and efficiently stretch and decompress your spine and back.
The FitSpine X3 can help relieve back pain due to herniated disc, sciatica, spinal degenerative joint disease, degenerative disc disease, and alleviate the symptoms of spinal curvatures, muscle tension, muscle spasm, facet syndrome, and spinal stenosis.
Still, if you suffer from one or more of these conditions, you should speak to your doctor or chiropractor before starting to use this or any other stretching and decompressing machine.
- It is FDA approved as a medical device for relieving back pain
- EZ-Reach ankle lock system with an aerospace-grade stainless steel construction for safety and comfort during use
- Padded wrap-around ankle cuffs
- Ergonomic and secure grip stretch max and traction handles
- A free mobile TeeterLink app to log your stretching sessions
- Added acupressure nodes for trigger-point release
- A lumbar support bridge for lower back traction and support
- EZ-Angle tethers with adjustable pre-set 20, 40 and 60 degree angle settings
- FlexTechBed with an added 8-point suspension system for better decompression and movement
- Easy and precise control of the angle via the easy-access controls
- An optional lock-out option when fully inverted
- Offers frustration-free easy assembly, comes 75% assembled and with a free BILT assembly assistance mobile app
- It comes with a useful instructional DVD
- Suitable for users up to 300 lbs. and 4’8″ to 6’6″ tall
- It folds up to a size of 20 x 28.8 x 66 inches for easy storage and transport
- Precision balanced for safe and fear-free inversion
- The machine is safety certified by UL
- Sold with a 5-year warranty, and a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Not suitable for heavier people, over 300 lbs. and those taller than 6’6″
The Teeter FitSpine X3 Inversion Table is among the greatest stretching and disc decompression machines you can buy in 2021.
The machine is safety certified, and FDA approved and has multiple features which will allow you to invert and stretch your joints, muscles, and decompress those painful discs.
It has added lumbar bridge support and acupressure points so that you will get a massage and the support you need while stretching.
The device is foldable and easy to store, and it comes with a useful mobile app for its assembly and for tracking your stretching sessions.
Related article: Most Recommended Recumbent Bikes for 2021
This is another wonderful leg stretching machine which is highly efficient and suitable for home use. Designed for professional use, it is great for home use as well and will help you to work on your splits.
- Padded footrests and seats
- Suitable for users with a length of the legs from 30 to 38 inches
- Durable gear system
- A capacity of 235 lbs.
- Adjustable back support for comfort
- It can be easily adjusted to achieve a deeper stretch
- The size of the seat is 11.4” x 11.8”
- Suitable for gym and home use
- A stylish design
- Might not be comfortable for users with a leg length of over 40 inches
With the Weanas Pro Leg stretch machine, you will get a professional range stretching machine which you can use in the privacy of your own home. It will help you stretch your leg muscles, inner thigh, and groin area. This is a versatile and very sturdily built stretch machine that will serve you for ages!
Whether you are looking for a way to improve your muscle flexibility, or for treating muscle tightness or pain, or for exercising, stretching machines are a great accessory to have at home.
The ones featured in our top 10 list of stretching devices for 2021 are all very well built, easy to use, safe and highly efficient.
These pieces of equipment will help aid and stretch tight muscles, and if used regularly and properly can enhance the flexibility by helping the muscles stretch and relax more quickly.
You can choose between the multifunctional stretching machines which can be used for stretching all muscle groups or pick one which is more specific and focuses on the bag, the legs, and the hamstrings or on other specific body parts.
Most of these are foldable, so you needn’t worry about them taking up too much space in your home.
It is essential to pick the most suitable one for your height and weight, as well as for your condition or your purpose of use.
Thankfully, all of the machines for stretching listed here are safe and comfortable for use and can be adjusted to fit your specific needs.
These stretchers are gentle on the body and will help you stretch and relax your muscles if you are suffering from pain, or if you want to improve on your martial arts skills, your athletic performance, your dancing, or for any type of physical exercise.
Choose a stretching machine that is easy to adjust in order to provide you with the comfort level and pace you prefer.
Of course, as with any type of home exercise equipment, you should always consult with your doctor if you have an underlying health problem before considering getting a home stretching machine. True, they are safe, but just to be on the safe side, ask your doctor beforehand.
There are stretchers that are excellent for people who are training regularly, as well as for older people suffering from muscle, joint and tendon problems and pains.
Go through our reviews, and all pros and cons, to find the stretching machine which will suit your needs and which will be the best choice for the money you are ready to spend.
Some require serious assembly, and other come preassembled or are very simple to assemble so if you are not a handy person, you should keep this factor in mind as well.
No matter which one you choose, you will soon find just how soothing and convenient it is to have such a stretching device that you can use at any time when you want to relax your muscles, give yourself a flexibility workout or resolve an issue with a particular body part or muscle group.
Get ready to become more flexible and relaxed with one of these superb stretching machines now!