If you love baking, then you know just how exciting the purchase of a good-quality stand mixer is.
Not only is a stand mixer an amazingly useful and powerful kitchen appliance, but it is also quite an investment. This makes the choice quite difficult and even frustrating for some, due to the wide array of stand mixers on the market, as well as the quite hefty price tag on some of these units.
To make the choice easier for you, we and some professional and hobby bakers have tested and rated the leading kitchen stand mixers currently available on the market.
The rating is based on the overall quality, the mixing ability, the value for the price, the functionality, the available accessories, the capacity, the power, the ease of use, the accessories, the price and warranties and other features which we all agreed are essential for a good quality kitchen stand mixer.
Here is our handpicked top 10 list of the favorite stand mixers for 2021.
If you want a truly sturdy stand mixer, which will withstand the trials of time and a lot of mixing and moving around, you should definitely check out the KitchenAid 5 QT Artisan Tilt-Head kitchen stand mixer.
- Very durable and strong build which will last for ages
- 10-speed control from very slow stirring to very fast whipping options
- Comes with an easy to attach wire whip, a dough hook, and a flat beater
- There is a power hub for attaching additional accessories (more than 15 are available)
- Available in a variety of beautiful colors to perfectly fit your taste and personality
- Great for mixing both wet and dry ingredients
- A 5 QT stainless steel bowl with a convenient handle that is dishwasher safe
- Its capacity is enough for mixing 4 loaves of bread, dough for over 100 cookies or 7 lbs. of mashed potatoes
- 59-touchpoints per rotation planetary mixing for superb coverage of the entire bowl
- The mess-free one-piece pouring shield which fits in the bowl
- Dimensions are 14.1 x 13.9 x 8.7 inches, weight is 29 lbs.
- The powerful motor allows for constant speed even when dealing with thick mixtures
- Doesn’t include a spatula mixer attachment
This KitchenAid Artisan is an exceedingly sturdy kitchen appliance that makes it a perfect investment piece. Even if you bake or use it every day, you won’t have any problems with the parts getting worn or loosened.
You can mix pretty much everything in it, and you can also turn it into a whole culinary center of your kitchen if you choose to buy additional accessories for pasta making, meat grinding and any other of more than 12 available accessories for this kitchen stand mixer.
- Not as expensive as some of the other kitchens stand mixers on this list
- Fitted with a powerful 650W motor with 6-speed controls
- The 5.5 QT. capacity can mix up to 2kg of dough or a mixture for 9 dozen cookies at one go
- The large-capacity bowl is made of stainless steel
- The mixer is sold with 4 accessories – a flex edge beater, a wire whip, a flat beater, and a dough hook
- A re-designed splash guard is included in the package as well, for a cleaner kitchen
- The tilt-head allows you to access the bowl at any time to add more ingredients
- Non-slip silicone suction cups will keep the mixer steady even during heavy use
- UL certified
- Sold with a 2-year warranty
- Useful and timely customer care service
- The attachments and splash guard are not dishwasher safe
This is a reasonably priced stand mixer that comes with a full set of accessories you need to perform all kinds of mixing jobs for your favorite baking recipes. It is sturdily made and has a 2-year warranty, so you can feel safe that you are making a wise investment in this wonderful kitchen accessory.
- A large-sized 6 QT stainless steel mixing bowl with a convenient handle
- A bowl lift design with a lever to keep the mixing bowl steady during any kind of mixing, whipping, or kneading of heavy dense mixtures
- A 67-point complete planetary mixer that mixes every single ingredient thoroughly
- Features a multi-purpose hub that can be upgraded with more than 15 available attachments (you will need to purchase these separately)
- Comes with a burnished flat beater, a Power knead spiral hook for dough, a wire whipper and pouring shield
- Sold with a 1-year warranty
- More than 10 beautiful color options are available
- Dishwasher safe bowl
- Has the capacity to mix dough for 8 loaves of bread, and 13 dozen cookies
- 10-speed settings for any recipe
- Compact countertop footprint 7.2 x 9 x 17 inches, 28 lbs.
- Made of sturdy metal
- It can be noisier than some of the other stand mixers
This lift bowl KitchenAid stand mixer is a superb appliance that can handle even the toughest ingredients and mixes. You can choose between 10 different speed settings, and lift the dishwasher-safe stainless steel bowl to the correct position in order to get full coverage of the bowl during the mixing process. It comes with 4 handy accessories, as well as a hassle-free warranty for 1 year.
- A 4.5 QT dishwasher safe stainless steel bowl is sufficient for mixing dough for 6 dozen cookies, 6 lbs. of mashed potatoes or 3 loaves of bread
- Tilt-head design is very convenient when you need to add ingredients during the mixing
- A 59 point planetary mixing system for thorough mixing of all added ingredients
- 10 mixing speeds to choose from
- An added power hub for adding additional accessories and attachments
- 14 x 8.8 x 14 inches, 22 lbs.
- The level of the bowl cannot be adjusted
This is a sturdy smaller-sized kitchen stand mixer, which still has all of the functionality of its larger “cousins” but is made to mix smaller batches and quantities of ingredients. Still, it is easy to use, has a handy tilt-head design, and an option of 10 different mixing speeds to choose from. Definitely a great kitchen stand mixer for the price asked.
If you really want a stand mixer that will make the lump-free dough and which can handle all kinds of ingredients with all types of thickness and density, at a very reasonable price, you should check out the 5.5 QT. Litchi Stand Mixer.
- Powerful 650 Watt motor
- 6 mixing speeds for making airy and light dough
- A 5.5 QT. stainless steel bowl with an ergonomic handle
- Sold with a splash guard, a whisk, a C-dough hook, a flex flat beater, and a U shaped mixing blade
- Ergonomic tilt-head design
- A chic design, available in several color options
- No more splatters thanks to the useful splash guard
- Easy to clean
- 30-day money-back guarantee for those who are not completely satisfied with its performance
- 2-year warranty
- High-end quality available at a lower price than similar mixers
- 18 x 17.8 x 11.2 inches, 18.35 lbs.
- The motor can get loud at the higher speed settings
This is a fair-priced, good-quality kitchen stand mixer, which is powered by a roaring 650 Watt motor, capable of mixing even the toughest ingredients without any leftover lumps. It is easy to use, very easy to clean, and will not make a mess even when used at a higher speed. It is definitely worthy of your attention, especially due to its 30-day money-back guarantee and its 2-year long warranty.
- Made of sturdy die-cast metal
- Features a 400 Watt motor
- 12-speed settings to choose from
- Orbiting mixing head around the bowl at the opposite direction of the beater for better results
- The mixing bowl locks to the base for added stability
- A quick-release head for access to the mixing bowl, and it locks down for thorough mixing
- Comes with a pouring shield, a dough hook, a flat beater and whisk, as well as a booklet with recipes and a manual
- 5 QT stainless steel bowl with a handle
- The bowl, the shield, and all attachments can safely be washed in a dishwasher
- 18 x 12 x 18 inches, 10 lbs.
- Non-slip feet to keep the unit safely on the countertop
- Smudge-free coating
- A 3-year warranty
- Not so efficient for mixing bread dough at higher speed levels
This kitchen stand mixer from Hamilton Beach will help you make the most delicious cookies and pastries you have ever made, thanks to its numerous speed options, it useful accessories and its special orbiting mixing mechanism. It is definitely worth a shot. Even if you have a problem, you get it with a 3-year warranty – so don’t worry!
- It is ¼ smaller and lighter than a standard Kitchen Aid Classic kitchen stand mixer (12.3 x 7.8 x 12.3 inches, 14.3 pounds)
- It is compatible with all of the accessories available for the standard series
- A convenient tilt-head design
- Comes in a wide variety of colors suitable for any kitchen décor and taste
- A locking head keeps the bowl steady even during vigorous mixing
- Powerful enough for mixing, stirring, kneading, and whipping all kinds of wet or dry ingredients
- The 3.5 QT. the bowl has a capacity sufficient for mixing dough for 60 cookies
- Has a power hub for adding up to 10 optional accessories and attachments
- 10 speeds
- Comes with a coated flat beater, a dough hook, and a wire whip
- The mixing bowl is dishwasher safe as it is made of stainless steel
- Not as powerful as the standard sized classic KitchenAid stand mixers
This tiny kitchen stand mixer has a small footprint and can fit into a small kitchen and be stored easily. It does function pretty well with most recipes and attachments available for the classic series, but it may be a bit underwhelming for handling tougher and thicker dough and mixes. So, if you want a small-sized kitchen stand mixer without expecting it to do really heavy-duty mixing, you should buy this mini-sized KitchenAid mini tilt head mixer.
Do you feel ready for a professional range stand mixer that will help you make the perfect dough for pastries, bread, or other mixes? You should take into consideration the KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus mixer.
- A powerful 450 Watt motor with 10 mixing speed settings – from very slow to super-fast
- A 5 QT. stainless steel bowl with a convenient handle, which you can wash in a washing machine without worrying
- A unique combined mixing action which spins the beater clockwise and the shaft counterclockwise
- The hinged hub flips up so that you can switch and install the different attachments without the hassle
- Sold with a wire whip a flat beater and a spiral dough hook
- The bowl locks in place securely during the mixing
- The beater moves to 67 different points in the bowl making sure that all ingredients are mixed completely
- The SoftStart feature keeps the ingredients in the bowl and prevents spills and splashes
- A special overload reset feature protects the motor from overheating
- The power hub can fit a wide range of additional accessories to make the mixer even more versatile
- Made of durable die-cast metal with a direct drive transmission with sturdy steel gears
- Available in different colors
- The package includes a stainless steel wire whip, a flat beater as well as a spiral dough hook
- Dimensions are 19.4 x 17.3 x 13.3 inches, and the weight is 29.1 pounds
- It is bigger and heavier than many of the other stand mixers on the list
This is a heavy-duty kitchen stand mixer that can handle any kind of wet or dry ingredients with ease. It does take more space in the kitchen, but if you tend to bake on a daily basis, and deal with tougher and denser doughs and ingredients, it is a superb choice!
This professional range kitchen stand mixer is even tougher and with a larger capacity than the previous one on our list. So, if you want a true kitchen stand mixing monster, you should go for the KitchenAid 6 QT. bowl lift stand mixer.
- A capacity of 6 QT. provided by the stainless steel bowl
- The bowl has a very convenient handle to move the mixture without any trouble or spilling
- The rotation provides 67 touchpoints in the bowl, which is perfect for incorporating every single ingredient into the mixture
- A bowl-lift design for stable control of the bowl during the mixing of the heaviest and largest batches
- Sold with a flat beater made of burnished metal, a power knead spiral dough hook, and a wire whip made of stainless steel
- The power hub can fit up to 15 different optional accessories
- The size is:4 x 11.3 x 16.4 inches, and the weight of the unit is 25.8 pounds
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- It is quite loud
This is a powerful, heavy-duty kitchen stand mixer that can handle just about any recipe you can think of. Yes, the motor can be a bit loud, but if you are looking for a machine to do all the mixing of batter, dough, and other recipes without any trouble and without you having to stand over it and assist, you should definitely think about getting this 6 QT Kitchen Aid Professional to stand mixer.
- Made of durable chrome, plastic, and stainless steel
- The price includes a dough roller, knife, scraper, and hook, as well as a yeast lid, a balloon, and a cookie whisk, a 5-liter plastic mixing bowl, and a 7-liter mixing bowl
- Continuous speed control
- The roller and scraper work together similarly to your fingers and the palm of your hand and folds and massages the dough rhythmically
- Timer adjustment knobs, a large timer display, and the timer can be stopped at any time during the mixing
- Can mix and knead silky, smooth, and elastic dough fast
- The speed can be adjusted from 45 to 130 RPM
- There is an automatic speed sensor that adjusts the torque of the motor depending on the load
- Easy to access and use control panel
- The size of the unit is 16 x 11 x 14 inches, and its weight is 19 lbs.
- Beautiful design
- Top-quality – made in Sweden
- Sold with a 5-year warranty
- It is quite expensive
This sturdy and beautiful kitchen stand mixer made in Sweden may be more expensive than many of the others, but it is amazingly powerful, sturdy, and well made. Plus, it comes with a 5-year warranty which will let you rest assured that you are making a long-term wise investment after all. It can handle all kinds of mixes and tasks and is a beautiful appliance to show off to your friends and guests.
So, if you want a high-end kitchen stand mixer, which will serve you for years to come – the Ankarsrum is the way to go!
As you can see, the function of all kitchen stand mixers may be the same, but there are so many different brands, designs, varieties, and sizes available on the market, that choosing the leading stand mixer can become a truly frustrating and time-consuming task.
This is why, we got together this list of our favorite picks for the prime stand mixers for 2021 so that you can choose faster and be more informed about the features, pros, and cons of each model.
The important features to look for when shopping for the perfect kitchen stand mixer are the power of the motor, the planetary action which helps mix all ingredients in the bowl and ensures that they are all scraped from the walls and bottom of the bowl, the quality of the materials used, especially the moving parts such as the gears, the different speed options, the design (tilt-head, bowl lifting or other), the footprint, weight, and dimensions for storage, the build quality of the unit, the accessories it comes with or is compatible with, the price as well as the warranty.
This list contains the best of all types of stand mixers – small, large, heavy-duty, or powered for light use, as well as the great budget-friendly and high-end options.
Hopefully, you have found the perfect kitchen stand mixer for you, and will soon be enjoying the fun and convenience of owning such a kitchen appliance at home.
If the stand mixer utensil is too big for you, check our list for the best hand mixers in 2021.
Good luck with your mixing and baking!
Last update on 2021-07-26 at 17:13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API