Do you love watching the unique and beautiful behavior and communication among the wild birds surrounding your home, but you worry that your bird food and seeds keep getting stolen and spilled by squirrels?
With good quality and safe squirrel-proof bird feeder like the top-rated Squirrel Buster Standard Squirrel-proof feeder, you can ensure that only the wild birds you like to watch and take care of will receive access to the food you leave them.
We have selected the best squirrel proof bird feeders of all types, and for all kinds of wild birds for you, so read on to find the one which will serve your purposes best. The feeders on our list are specifically designed to protect the bird seeds from squirrels, chipmunks, rats, and other animals, as well as in some cases, from larger birds.
Of course, we have looked for products with features like durability, adjustability, ease of use, comfort for the birds and safety for the birds, squirrels and other animals that come in contact with the feeders.
Here are the best squirrel proof bird feeders for 2020 for all of you who want to have closer communication and view with your favorite birds.
The Squirrel Buster Standard Squirrel-proof Bird Feeder is actually the only such bird feeder you will ever need to buy. The reason is, that it is made of premium quality materials and with high quality design, but most importantly, it is sold with a lifetime free service guarantee by the manufacturer – Brome Bird Care!
Plus, its components are all UV resistant, so your bird feeder will look as good as new even after years of being set out in the sun.
Its four porches and the hanger are made of corrosion-resistant and strong stainless steel.
The seeds are gravity fed, so you can add any type of seeds and mixes for the birds of your choice.
This clever bird feeder is completely squirrel proof as it is designed to automatically close down the shroud as soon as an adult squirrel steps on it or tries to access the seeds and food.
The high-quality squirrel proof bird feeder is also chew-proof, so squirrels will not be able to chew through any of its exposed parts, no matter what.
The feeder has been designed for easy installing, and easy assembly and disassembly for food refills. It is also very easy to keep clean and is dishwasher safe.
It also features the unique patented seed ventilation system which helps keep the seeds inside fresh, attracting more of the wild birds in your area.
Thanks to the patented adjustable weight mechanism, you can control the size of the birds you are planning to feed with your feeder too.
The Squirrel Buster Standard feeder has a seed capacity of up to 1.3 lbs. it has four metal perches for the birds and needs to be hung at a distance of at least 47 inches from all sides for maximum effect and comfort for the birds as well as to keep away the squirrels successfully.
The size of the feeder is 5 x5 x 21 inches, and it weighs 1.6 lbs.
This model has been tested and is suitable for most of the common wild birds in the USA, including the American Goldfinch, Black-capped Chickadee, Northern Cardinal, Purple Finch, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, House Finch, Downy Woodpecker, and White breasted Nuthatch, Blue Jay, Hairy Woodpecker, and others.
This is another of the amazing Brome Bird Care Squirrel Buster bird feeders. It has a large 5.1 lbs. seed capacity and a total of six feeding ports. It can be hung or mounted on a pole and has a special cardinal ring if you want to attract those gorgeous Northern cardinals to come to your porch or yard.
Once again, it will be a very wise long-term investment to make because once you buy it, you get a lifelong free service guarantee by the manufacturer.
Like the other Squirrel Buster models, this one is also completely squirrel-proof. The shroud will automatically close if an adult squirrel gets on top of it and this will close the seed holes.
Still, no squirrels or birds will be harmed when this happens, so you can rest assured that the wildlife outside will remain unharmed.
The feeder requires a clearance of at least 18 inches from all sides, to keep the seeds safe from the squirrels.
You can use black sunflower, safflower and also blends of seeds in this large-sized Cardinal-friendly bird feeder.
The Squirrel Buster Plus is made of a sturdy and chew-proof material called RoxResin.
It is very easy to dismantle, to clean and fill up without the need for any tools.
The feeder also features the special seed ventilation system which helps keep the seeds nice and fresh and to attract more different wild birds.
You can adjust the weight which the feeder can handle in order to limit it to the size of birds you want to feed.
The size of the feeder is 6 x 6 x 23 inches and weighs 3.6 lbs.
With a premium quality squirrel-proof bird feeder like this, you can enjoy admiring the entertaining and unique behaviors of the birds surrounding your home from close-by.
Best budget-friendly option
The best budget-friendly squirrel proof bird feeder for 2020 is an inexpensive and yet high-quality feeder with a premium-looking copper finish which will look great on your porch, or anywhere you decide to hang it.
The Perky-Pet 325C has two tiers and features a nifty Evenseed technology which includes two compartments to keep the feeding ports active for longer.
The two perches are circular and panoramic so the birds can comfortably eat from all sides of the feeder. When the birds eat all the seeds from the trays, others are immediately poured in and replenished, so they never remain empty.
The capacity of the feeder is up to 4.5 lbs., and you can fill it with black sunflower seeds, mixed seeds, fruit and nut blends, and peanuts.
Thanks to the Sure-Lock cap, the lid of the feeder will stay in place, even when the most curious and hungry squirrel comes along lurking into the feeder.
The affordable feeder has water draining holes, which will let any rainwater drain and keep the seeds fresh. Your birds will appreciate this fact and so will your budget.
The size of this 8 x 8 x 16.5 inches, and it weighs 2.85 lbs.
It is an excellent and affordable way to enjoy watching your favorite beautiful wild birds eating and communicating outside of your home.
The rest of the best
If you love our two top picks by Brome, but do not want to break the bank for a squirrel-proof bird feeder made by this manufacturer, then we recommend the reasonably priced Squirrel Solution 200 bird feeder.
- It has a 3.4 lbs. seed capacity
- The feeder has six feeding ports
- It comes with a free seed funnel which can be used to fill the feeder and also to store the seeds
- The parts of the feeder are chew-proof against squirrels
- The weight of an adult squirrel will cause the feeding ports to close via the shroud
- Disassembly and assembly do not require any tools
- It is UV protected
- The seed ventilation system keeps the hot air and humidity out of the seed tubes
- The feeder like all other products by Brome comes with a lifetime service warranty for peace of mind
- It is suitable for all of the most common wild birds in the USA
- The size of the feeder is 20 x 20 inches, and it weighs 2.5 lbs.
The Squirrel-X5 bird feeder will keep the seeds dry and fresh, keep the squirrels, and provide comfort for your favorite wild birds throughout the year.
- The feeder has a beautiful classic design
- It has adjustable rounded perches for comfortable feeding of most wild birds
- The squirrel-proof mechanism will keep the seeds safe
- The feeder has six feeding ports with port hoods
- There is built-in metal baffle which will help keep the water and humidity out of the container
- The feeder has a secure locking metal lid and a wide opening allowing for easy refilling
- It is easy to disassemble and clean
- You can adjust the length as well as the spring tension in order to keep away larger birds or to customize it to the size of birds you want to watch and feed
- The capacity of the feeder is up to 3.7 lbs. of seeds
- Its dimensions are 20.5 x 7 x 7 inches, and it weighs 1.6 lbs.
If you prefer a larger capacity squirrel proof bird feeder and provide your favorite wild birds with an option to feed on both of its sides, then the Woodlink Absolute II is an excellent option.
- It comes with a 5-foot black powder-coated sturdy pole
- It can also be hung via the included zinc-plated hanger made of steel
- The top of the feeder has a TopLock feature to keep it closed and secured, and yet provide easy access for refilling or for cleaning
- The TopLock covers the feeding trays as soon as a heavier bird or animal get on a perch
- You can adjust them in accordance with the types of birds you want to feed – to light, medium or heavy birds to stand on the perch
- The feeder is easy to fill
- It can hold up to 12 lbs. of seeds and blends for birds
- Perfect for sunflower seeds, safflower or peanut halves
- The design is double-sided so that more birds can come and eat at the same time
- The perches can be adjusted to stop larger birds or squirrels away from the food
- There is a no-waste seed baffle which collects the flowing seeds and prevents waste
- Its size is 13.5 x 16 x 11.25 inches and weighs 9.85 lbs.
- Made of durable and sturdy steel which is powder-coated for added protection
- The food tray is perforated for easy and fast water drainage
If you want to invest in a heavy-duty squirrel-proof bird feeder, then you should definitely try out the All Seasons Products Wild Bird Feeder.
- It can hold about 20 lbs. of birdseed
- The feeder is heavy duty with a powder-coated steel finish to endure all kinds of weather
- It is sold with a sturdy chain allowing for hanging it on any post or tree
- It can be pole-mounted as well
- It has a sight glass indicator to monitor the food level
- The feeder is resistant to feed contamination and nesting, as well as to squirrel intrusions
- The dimensions of the feeder are 25.8 x 12.2 x 11 inches, and it weighs 17.8 lbs.
This Droll Yankees Dipper squirrel-proof feeder for birds can hold up to 5 lbs. of seeds and will ensure that only the wild birds can get to the bird food rather than the larger birds or squirrels stealing it.
- It is available in a Dipper, Flipper, Tipper and Whipper versions
- The Dipper Droll Yankees Yankee birdfeeder has a capacity of up to 5 lbs. of birdseed
- The feeding tube is 21 inches long so it is uncomfortable for squirrels to climb and to hang on to
- The feeder has 4 separate seed ports to accommodate more wild birds simultaneously
- The baffle inside the feeder disperses the food evenly to all ports
- The perches allow for the birds to use and stand on when eating, but will collapse if a heavier animal like a squirrel climbs on top of them
- The feeder is made of powder-coated metal along with a UV protected polycarbonate tube for feeding
- The size of the entire feeder is 8.3 x 8.3 x 28 inches, and it weighs 4.5 lbs. when empty
- It is fitted with a stainless steel looped bail wire hanger to reduce the motion during the feeding and to prevent spillage and wastage of the seeds
- The feeder comes with a lifetime warranty against squirrel damage
- Thanks to the clear feeding tube, you can monitor the quantities of food remaining inside
- It is suitable for finches, chickadees, goldfinches, nuthatches, juncos, siskins, titmice, redpolls, sparrows, wrens and woodpeckers
- You can fill it with sunflower seeds and cracked corn or kernels
The Squirrel Buster Finch Squirrel-proof bird feeder is made specifically for Nyjer seeds and is sold with a lifetime care promise by Brome.
- The feeder is 100% squirrel proof, as the shroud shuts automatically if the weight of an animal like a squirrel is detected
- The feeder is made specifically for nyjer seeds
- It has to be hung at 18 inches distance from other objects in order to function as a feeder and stay safe from squirrels effectively
- The parts of the feeder are chew proof for added protection against other animals
- It is easy to assemble, disassemble, fill and clean
- It is UV stabilized to withstand all kinds of weather
- The feeder has a ventilation system for the seeds to keep them fresh
- It works for a large variety of clinging and perching wild birds
If you want a reasonably priced squirrel proof bird feeder that has a large capacity and which is durable and easy to use, then you should check out the Homestead Super Stop-A-Squirrel bird feeder.
- A sturdy design which will withstand a lot of wear and tear and all kinds of weather
- Colored in a beautiful green, the feeder will look great in all-natural settings
- It has a capacity of up to 11 lbs. of bird seeds and food
- The Remove A Bin is patented and makes the feeder easy to refill and clean
- You can either hang or mount the feeder on a pole with a diameter of up to 1 ¼ inches, or on a tree
- The mounting clips and mounting hardware are included
- There is a stainless steel spring which will keep the feeder shut and safe from intrusions by squirrels and larger birds
- You can monitor the seed level via the large clear window
- Sold with a 5-year warranty
- Made in the USA
- Its size is 10 x 12.5 x 11 inches and it weighs 7.4 lbs.
- 8 Effective Ways To Keep Squirrels Off Your Bird Feeders (2020)
- 5 Ways To Keep Squirrels Off Your Bird Feeder
- Feeding your backyard birds
- Feeding Birds – FeederWatch
- What Do Wild Birds Eat in Summer and Winter? | Owlcation
Last update on 2020-05-31 at 17:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API