No products found.
The Philips Sonicare 2 and the Sonicare 3 are among the most popular and highly recommended reasonably priced electric toothbrushes from the Philips Sonicare brand. The question is – which one is better for your needs?
Read on to find out more about their main features, their pros, and cons, as well as the differences and similarities between the two. Hopefully, this will help you make an informed decision about which one is more suitable for you.
Sonicare 2 vs 3
Here is the head-to-head Sonicare 2 vs. 3 comparison review.
The Philips Sonicare 2 is an affordable, rechargeable electric toothbrush that will help you clean every single part of every tooth in your mouth from plaque and other build-ups. It utilizes the hallmark sonic technology of the series, which allows it to make 31,000 brushstrokes, and a total of 64,000 movements per minute.
This makes it an ultra-high-speed electric toothbrush, which will help keep your teeth and your gum line clean and healthy.
Tests have proven that the Sonicare 2 will remove up to 6 times more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush, including the gentle and yet efficient cleaning in between the teeth and along the gum line.
It has a smart timer, which will encourage you to brush for 2 minutes every time. 2 minutes is the recommended brushing time by dentists. Plus, its QuadPacer will remind you to move to the next quadrant in the mouth every 30 seconds for thorough cleaning.
This reasonably priced toothbrush also has an Easy Start program, which will help newbies moving on from manual toothbrushes to get used to the high speed and the vibrations of the electric toothbrush.
This program will gradually increase the speed and power of the toothbrush every time during the first 14 uses of the product. By the end of day 7, you will have been introduced to supersonic technology at its highest speed.
This brush comes with a ProResult snap-on plaque control brush head, which has curved bristles and a top long tuft, which will enable you to reach even the hardest to reach teeth every time. It has a blue reminder strip that will fade gradually, and once it turns white, you will know that it is time to replace the brush head.
The good news is that this toothbrush is compatible with every other snap-on toothbrush head offered by Sonicare, including AdaptiveClean, DiamondClean, InterCare, ProResults gum health, ProResults plaque control, Sensitive and SimplyClean, so you can customize it to your liking, or switch among brush heads depending on your needs.
The sleek and ergonomic toothbrush is offered in white, coral, guacamole, steel blue, and black colors and comes with a regular travel charger.
Its NiMH battery lasts for 2 weeks per charge, and the toothbrush has useful battery indicators, which will keep you informed about its status and remind you when it needs charging.
Overall, the Sonicare 2 is a pretty basic toothbrush, with no bells and whistles, but it does utilize the Supersonic technology and will clean your teeth, the space in between them, and your gum line from food, bacteria, and plaque.’
Thanks to its Easy Start program, it is the perfect brush for first-time electric brush users.
This brush comes with a 2-year warranty and a 90-day satisfaction guarantee.
- The battery takes up to 22 hours to be charged fully from 0 to 100%
- It doesn’t come with a travel case.
The Philips Sonicare 3 costs under $100 and is another of the more affordable toothbrushes from the Philips Sonicare line.
It is one of the most popular electric toothbrushes in the USA.
It, too, uses the Sonic technology for delivering up to 31,000 brushstrokes per minute. This helps remove up to 6x more plaque from the teeth from all sides, as well as from the gum line, as compared to a manual toothbrush.
The Supersonic toothbrush can help improve gum health significantly.
It has 3 intensity settings, so if you have sensitive teeth or gums, you can adjust the speed of this power brush in accordance with your comfort level and preferences.
The Supersonic 3 has a 2 minute Smart Timer and a 30-second QuadPacer, which will help ensure that you brush all of your teeth for the recommended 2 minutes, every time.
It comes with a ProResults gum health brush head, which has a specially designed shape and bristles, allowing you to reach every single side of every single tooth in your mouth easily.
The bristles have a blue reminder line, which will gradually turn white, to let you know when it is time to replace it with a new one.
This electric toothbrush can be used with any of the other snap-on brush heads offered by Sonicare, so you can switch among them or choose the one you prefer depending on whether you have sensitive teeth and gums, whether you want to focus on plaque removal, if you wish to improve your gum health, if you want to clean in between your teeth, or if your goal is to whiten them. You can also opt for an all-round cleaning brush head for everyday use, like the Simply Clean one.
The toothbrush also comes with a regular small charger and a hard travel case.
The battery indicator will alert you when it is time for charging. You can expect the battery to last for up to 2 weeks of normal use (twice a day for 2 minutes).
This high-speed electric toothbrush is an excellent option if you want a reliable toothbrush from the Sonicare line, which will not cost you hundreds of dollars. It has an adjustable intensity, so it is an excellent choice for people who are more sensitive to high-speed electric toothbrushes and those who are new to Sonic technology.
Related article – 7 Travel Toothbrushes in 2021
Sonicare 2 vs. 3 – key differences
So, the question is – what are the main differences between these two reasonably priced electric toothbrushes by Philips?
- The Sonicare 2 costs about $65, while the Sonicare 3 is just under $100
- The Philips Sonicare 2 is designed with plaque control in mind, while the Sonicare 3 is intended for improving gum health.
- The Sonicare 3 has 3 intensity settings, while the Sonicare 2 has a single setting of up to 31,000 brush strokes per minute.
- The Sonicare 3 has a lithium-ion battery, and the Sonicare 2 has a NiMH battery which both last for 2 weeks per charge, but the NiMH is more durable, while the Li-Ion is more powerful.
- The Sonicare 3 comes with a ProResults gum health brush head, while the Sonicare 2 comes with a ProResult plaque control brush head, but both can use any of the Sonicare snap-on brush heads, so you can actually customize either to fit your needs.
- The Sonicare 2 has an Easy Start program, which will allow you to get used to its high speed gradually when you first start using it (this feature can be disabled if you wish)
- The Sonicare 3 comes with a hard travel box, while the Sonicare 2 comes with a simple charger only.
Sonicare 2 vs. 3 – the similarities
- Both utilize the patented Sonic technology, which provides up to 31,000 brushstrokes per minute.
- Both are compatible with all other snap-on brush heads from the Sonicare line.
- They have smart timers and QuadPacers to help you brush your teeth thoroughly every time.
- Both have battery life for up to 2 weeks.
- Both are ergonomic, light, and easy to use
- They are durable, and you can expect to use them for years.
- They come with snap-on toothbrush heads with blue line reminders for replacing them once they are worn down.
- Both models are suitable for use by people with braces, veneers, implants, orthodontics, and other dental work.
- Both will remove 7 times more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
- They have dual voltage capability, so you can use them when traveling abroad.
- They come with 2-year warranties and with 90-day satisfaction guarantees.
- The two models are from the more affordable Sonicare products.
- Both lack Bluetooth connectivity or any of the smart features which the higher-end models from the line have
As you can see, these two rechargeable electric toothbrushes from the Philips Sonicare line are superb dental hygiene appliances, which will help keep your teeth and gum lines clean and healthy.
They have all the essential features you will need, including the Philips Sonicare patented Sonic technology – a high-speed and highly efficient cleaning system, providing 31,000 brushstrokes per minute.
They will encourage you to brush all parts of your mouth every time for the recommended 2 minutes and are easy to use, comfortable to hold, and designed to take up as little of your precious space in the bathroom.
They are both compatible with all other brush heads from the line as well.
If you have more sensitive teeth, you may want to opt for the Sonicare 3, which has adjustable intensity levels.
Otherwise, they are both superb choices if you want a toothbrush from the famous brand, but without breaking the bank for buying one of the top-of-the-line models.
- 8 Best Primers for Oily Skin and Large Pores – 2021 Reviews - July 15, 2021
- The 7 Best Portable Fire Pits - July 15, 2021
- Will Bleach Kill Weeds and Grass? Here’s How to Use it - July 7, 2021
Last update on 2021-07-26 at 16:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API