A good quality solar watch like our best pick for 2020 – the Casio G-Shock Rangeman Magma Ocean eliminates the need to ever open the watch to replace the batteries. These watches are versatile, eco-friendly and can be charged wherever you go.
Take a look at our picks for the best solar watches for 2020, so you can find the perfect watch which produces and uses sustainable energy for your needs.
Our top rated solar watch for 2020is this superb Japanese made Casio G-shock Rangeman. This multifunctional watch is 20 Bar water resistant and has a very durable and tough construction which will withstand all kinds of adventures under the water or anywhere else. It features a carbon fiber insert resin wrist band, and has GPS Radio Wave signal reception, and can be used with the G-shock connected app.
It is not only water resistant but is mud and shock resistant. The Sapphire class has a non-reflective coating and the bezel material is top quality stainless steel.
This watch from the MAGMA OCEAN series was made in Japan especially for the 35th anniversary from the production of the first G-Shock by Casio.
Thanks to its Tough Solar technology, the watch will turn not only sunlight into energy but can turn light from indoor lamps like fluorescent ones in the power it needs to keep going forever.
Our second favorite solar watch for the year is this beautiful timepiece by Seiko. The Astron GPS Solar Dual Time watch makes global travel a breeze. It uses light to keep going so you will never need to replace the battery or wind up your watch again.
It easily connects to the GPS network and will automatically detect the time in your area with atomic clock precision. You can keep an eye on the time in your home, as well as the current time when you are traveling.
The watch is water resistant to 10 Bar and magnetic resistant to 4,800 A/m.
The watch also displays the day of the week and the date, and thanks to the Perpetual Calendar by Seiko, it will never show the wrong date – not until February 28th, 2100!
The wrist band is made of luxurious crocodile skin, and the body of the watch is made of stainless steel with a rose gold coating surrounding the ceramic bezel and the crystal coated Sapphire glass.
Overall, if you want a solar watch for traveling, this is the best one which can be found on the market in 2020.
The best budget- friendly option
If you are not ready to splurge out on a top of the line solar watch and prefer something more affordable, then we recommend that you take a look at this military style inspired solar watch by Seiko.
The dial is black and has contrasting stencil-like numerals, large hands, as well as a date and day window. The band is nylon and matches the color of the markers on the timepiece.
It has a 43mm stainless steel case, a dial window and is water resistant to 330 feet.
Once fully charged by the light, the watch can function without stopping for up to 10 months.
This affordable solar watch by Seiko is an excellent everyday watch which you can always rely on.
The rest of the best solar watches for 2020
If you love the runner-up in our list but are not ready to pay such a hefty price, you should check out this more affordable version from the same Astron series by Seiko.
- A 45mm black titanium case and a stylish black dial
- The band is made of durable and stylish titanium as well
- The Sapphire crystal glass is scratch resistant
- It has luminous hour markers and hands for easy visibility
- It also has a date window which is always correct thanks to the Perpetual calendar
- A chronograph
- It connects to the GPS network to get the precise time wherever you are
- It has a solar movement
- Water resistant to up to 100 meters
If you want a solar G-shock watch but want a more reasonably priced one than our top pick then you should opt for the Casio G-Shock GSteel watch.
- Solar powered movement with Solar Tough allowing for charging both outdoors and indoors
- Bluetooth connectivity for syncing the watch to your smartphone via the G-Shock app
- A rugged industrial style timepiece
- Super-illuminator LED lighting for easy visibility in dark conditions
- A light but rugged silicone band
- A multifunctional rotating sub-dial inspired by jet engines indicating the remaining battery level
- 200-meter water resistance
- Shock resistance
- Graphite color stainless steel body and black band
- A chronograph
Tissot Men’s T091.420.46.051.00 ‘T Touch Expert’ Black Dial Black Leather Strap Multifunction Swiss Quartz Watch
You want a cool looking solar watch with a touchscreen function, you can’t go wrong with this Tissot T Touch Expert Quartz watch.
- Titanium case with a 43mm diameter
- Genuine leather band
- Titanium bezel
- A carbon fiber dial with a negative digital display embedded in it
- An anti-reflective crystal clear sapphire glass dial window
- The watch has a cool touchscreen T-Touch function
- The watch has an altimeter, barometer, compass and other built-in functions which can be accessed with a tap on the dial
- It is solar powered
- The movement is Japanese Quartz
This solar watch is the perfect choice for those of you who want a suitable watch for swimming, diving or snorkeling.
- It is WR200 water resistant to 20Bar and 666 feet
- A stainless steel case
- It has a unidirectional bezel made of aluminum to mark the elapsed time
- The dial is blue and has luminous hour markers and hands
- The dial is made of anti-reflective mineral crystal
- There is a date window
- Thanks to the Eco-Drive solar technology you will never need to wind it or replace the battery
- Fitted with a blue polyurethane, durable band
The Casio Pro Trek is the best choice for outdoorsy people and those of you love adventures and want a solar powered watch which you can rely on.
- It is solar powered, so it will never fail you no matter where you are
- It is resistant to low temperatures of up to -10 degrees Celsius
- It has a triple sensor which has multiple features including a digital compass, barometer, altimeter, and thermometer
- The watch has a rugged silicone band
- Crystal clear and scratch resistant mineral glass
- A screw lock crown
- World time function
- 5 customizable daily alarms
- An option for hourly time signals
- A battery level indicator
- Power saving mode
- LED lighting
- A countdown timer option
- A complete automatic calendar
- Water resistant to 330 feet
The Seiko Prospex Solar Dive watch is a versatile watch which you can wear at work as well as when you go scuba diving.
- A highly precise Japanese Quartz movement
- A stainless steel case and strong polyurethane band
- The dial has a hardlex mineral crystal glass
- The Markers and the hands are with Lumbrite coating for better visibility in the dark or under the water
- There is a one-direction bezel to monitor the time elapsed under the water
- The watch is water resistant to 200 meters and has a screw down crown
- There is a date window
- The watch can work for up to 10 months after a full charge from the sun
- It has a gold accent which adds to its overall style
The biggest benefit of a solar watch is its ability to create and use sustainable power to work. This eliminates the need to ever open the watch to replace the battery. Needless to say, this will save you time, money as well as keep the watch properly sealed.
Solar watches get all of the power they need to function from the sun, and some even use indoor artificial lighting as a power source as well.
The fact is, these watches do have batteries, but they are rechargeable and never need to be replaced. At the same time, many of these watches have numerous useful functions, just like the traditional battery powered watches do.
Overall, this is an eco-friendly and very useful accessory to have, so we hope that we have helped you choose the best solar watch for your needs from our list of the best solar watches for 2020.
Good luck with your shopping and enjoy your new watch which will work forever, as long as there is sunlight available.
Last update on 2020-06-02 at 05:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API