With the growing popularity and affordability of portable solar power generators, it comes as no surprise that there are so many different options on the market.
Here is our list of the top portable solar power generators currently being offered on the market:
Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium Portable Power Station, Silver/Black, 16lbs
The Yeti 400 Lithium portable power station is a compact and efficient way to store your solar power and use it whenever you need it – inside or outdoors.
- 428 watt
- High quality, durable and replaceable lithium batteries with an 18-month shelf life
- Real-time control, charging, and usage data available on the large display, including the amount of power, supplied via a solar panel
- Very compact, portable, and easy to carry
- High-quality sine wave inverter
- 3 USB ports, 2 AC outlets, and 12V output
- Charges for 7 hours via a wall socket and 8-16 hours via a solar panel
It is a small and yet versatile solar power generator made of top-quality materials and with a super helpful display providing all the information you need regarding its charging or discharging status, as well as other useful real-time information.
- Solar panels need to be purchased separately
The Yeti 400 is great as an alternative power supply during blackouts or whenever you need power when camping or enjoying a trip outdoors. You can monitor its status at all times and quickly recharge it via a wall socket or a solar panel. With long-lasting batteries that can easily be replaced, thus ensuring the longevity of this superb portable power generator.
This is a very lightweight solar power station that is easy to use and comfortable to carry.
- Weighs only 3.3 lbs. and has a comfortable handle
- 150 Watts, chargeable by a wall socket, car charger, or with a solar panel
- Long lasting 78000mAh Lithium battery
- 3 12V DC ports, 2 110V AC outlet inverters, 2 USB 5V ports
- Quick charging
- Efficient battery management system to keep the unit and your appliances safe
- 45-day satisfaction guarantee with 100% refund if you are not satisfied
- Comes in a sturdy, fire-resistant and drop tested casing shell, so it will stay safe during your outdoor adventures
Overall, this small Paxcess power station is a superb portable solar power generator which you can take with you on long road trips, camping, or wherever you are going. It is an excellent backup system for blackouts during which it will keep your small appliances and devices powered safely.
- No solar panels included
This sturdy and well-built compact solar power generator comes at a very affordable price, 45-day money back guarantee, and will ensure that you have power whenever you are on the road, out or when the power shuts down during an emergency blackout. It is expandable, so you can purchase and add solar panels and additional batteries to increase its efficiency.
Goal Zero Yeti 150 Solar Generator 150 Whr Power Pack 22004
The Yeti 150 is a very compact, affordable, and easy to use portable solar generator which can be charged quickly via car or wall chargers or with an added solar panel.
- Very compact and light (12lbs)
- Fully charged for 6 hours with a wall charger and 8 hours with a car charger
- AGM Lead acid cell with a 3-month shelf life
- Built-in battery charging system
- 2 USB ports, AC port, and 2 12V ports
- 80 Watt continuous and 160 Watt surge
- 6-month warranty
- A useful display for the battery status, as well as a warning sound when the battery is low
- Affordable price
This is one of the most compact and lightweight, portable solar power generators available, which means that you can take it with you everywhere you go. It is not as powerful as the bigger and more expensive units but will provide you with the sufficient power needed to keep your devices charged and small appliances working.
- You have to purchase solar panels separately
- Not as powerful as the larger units
The Yeti 150 is a perfect portable power system that you can carry in your backpack. It is very light and yet will provide you with the power to keep your mobile devices charged and your small appliances working during a power outage or when you are outdoors. It charges quickly, and with an additional solar panel, it can easily generate free and eco-friendly energy.
Related article: Teepee Tents For Camping
Compact 252,7 Wh Solar Generator, two 110V 300watt pure sine wave AC outlets, 60Watt PD and 120Watt DC outputs, battery backup, road trips, camping, and CPAP emergencies.
This portable solar generator by RAVPower is one of the best deals you can find on the market in 2021.
It is a versatile and powerful little power station, which you can use anywhere.
It is only 5.12 x 5.12 x 7.28 inches in size and weighs 7.84 lbs.
- A battery capacity of 252.7Wh/70200mAh
- Two 110V AC outlets which deliver a total of 300 watts for plugging in your appliances directly without adaptors
- 3 USB ports
- 50 watts of personal device input and output enough for your phones, laptops, and other PD devices
- You can recharge the power station from a wall outlet, a car charger, or a solar panel above 80W
- Has an emergency lighting option for SOS and flashing signals
- It recharges for 4 hours and 50 minutes via a PD port or 6 hours with a car charger
- It supports pass-through, so you can use it while it is charging and as a backup UPS unit
- A very compact size and lightweight of fewer than 8 lbs.
- It comes with a carry bag, a power adapter, charging cables
- It is water-resistant
- The power station is sold with a 12-month warranty and an 18-month one if you register the product.
- This is one of the smallest and lightest of all portable solar power generators on this list.
- The RAVPower is an excellent item to have in case of a power outage or for camping and outdoor trips or travels.
- It charges quickly via a wall socket, a car charger, or a solar panel.
- You can connect small appliances directly into the two AC outlets or use them for your PD devices, like a large-capacity power bank. This means that you can work outdoors without running out of power, and you can go on an outing and have the energy needed to keep your lights on, your phones working, and other appliances running.
- The portable power station by RAVPower is very reasonably priced, given its quality and huge battery capacity.
- It is a great portable solar generator to buy if you are looking for an easy to carry and transport, affordable and yet versatile, and reliable portable power station.
- It comes with a sturdy and very comfortable carry case.
- Not as powerful as some of the larger generators
- You need to buy solar panels separately
The RAVPower Solar Generator Portable Power Station is a useful gadget to have at home for emergencies, as well as a powerful battery backup device for working at home or outdoors.
It is reasonably priced, very light and compact, and comes with multiple outputs and charging options, including via solar power.
It is not as powerful as the larger solar generators but will keep small appliances and devices working for hours if the power goes off or if you are spending time off the grid.
If you want to charge it via sunlight, you will need to purchase a solar panel.
Related article: Most Recommended Airbrush Compressors
Lightweight and compact portable solar generator with Lithium Polymer battery, 150 Watts, AC outlet at 120-150 Watts, USB-C PD output and input, 2 USB ports, a DC port at 7A/84 Watts max. Perfect for emergencies, backup for small appliances, and charging all of your devices.
The Nexpow Solar Generator and Emergency Lithium Polymer Backup Source is another compact solar generator that can be a true lifesaver in case of emergency power outages or whenever you need to go on a road trip or camping.
The power station is only 8.9 x 3.1 x 4.1 inches in size, weighs 3.1 lbs., and has a convenient carry handle for easier portability.
- 48000mAh large capacity lithium polymer battery, 3.7V/178Wh
- It has a USB-C PD port at 45 Watts to charge a MacBook Pro 13.3 without an adapter
- An AC wall socket output with a max. 120 Watts, and peak power of 150 Watts
- A DC port at 7A/84 Watts
- 2 USB ports at 45 Watts
- Safety features include voltage control, overheating control
- It can be used as an emergency light
- It can be recharged via PD 3.0, a solar panel, or via a 12V DC car socket
- The car charger is included in the package
- With a solar panel, the power station can fully charge for 8-10 hours
- Charging via a car charger, a wall socket, or a generator takes 4 – 5 hours
- It weighs only 3.1 lbs. and is small enough to be carried and placed anywhere
- Backed by a 24-month warranty after you register the device
- The small solar generator and power backup station by Nexpow is another small-sized and reasonably priced option for a backup for your phones, laptops, and small appliances in case of a blackout.
- It is a suitable power bank to have if you go on a lot of road trips or go camping and want to ensure that your phones and other devices don’t run out of juice while you are off the grid.
- It can’t support appliances that are more than 150 watts, like microwaves, drills, toasters, induction cookers, coffee machines, and others.
- It is not as powerful as the larger and more expensive units
- You need to buy a solar panel separately if you want to use it as a solar generator
The compact and light Nexpow portable power station is not suitable for powering the large appliances in your RV or home but is an excellent option if you need an emergency backup or a power bank, which will enable you to keep your devices charged and working when on the road, or when you are out in the wilderness.
It offers multiple charging options, including via solar panels, and also has 4 different types of outputs for plugging in and charging computers, phones, tablets, GPS systems, and so on.
It is affordable, easy to store, and a reliable device that will keep your essential personal devices running no matter the emergency or the situation.
If you purchase a compatible solar panel, you can use it as an off-grid solar generator too.
Jackery Portable Solar Generator Explorer 500, heavy-duty outdoor design, can power appliances up to 500 Watts, AC pure sine wave 5V, 2.4A, DC 12V,10A, 3 USB 5V, 2.4A ports. Charged via solar panel, a wall socket, or car battery.
The Jackery Portable Solar Generator Explorer 500 can ensure up to 53 full charges of your phone or up to 7 charges of your laptop before it needs to be recharged. It can also power up your lights and ceiling fan in the RV.
- A battery capacity of 518W, 24Ah, 21.6V
- AC port up to 500 Watts, and 1000 Watts surge
- Pure Sine Wave for safety for your devices
- 2 DC ports and a 12V/10A DC carport
- 3 USB ports of 5V/2.4A each
- Charges fully via solar power for 14 hours
- It can be charged via a car charger for 16 hours on or off the road
- Charging it through an AC wall socket takes 7.5 hours
- It has a large digital display with the battery status and the power input and output
- A BMS system will help protect the device and you from over-voltage, over-current, and overheating
- It has an auto shut-off power-saving function
- Its size is 11.84 x 7.59 x 9.2 inches, and it weighs 13.32 lbs.
- This portable and sturdy power station and off-grid solar generator is an excellent purchase if you enjoy camping, fishing, and spending time outdoors.
- When paired with a suitable solar panel, you can use the generator for powering your small appliances of up to 500 watts and charging your devices, even when you are completely off the grid.
- It is also a useful backup unit to have at home in cases of emergencies and power outages.
- You can charge a phone up to 57 times with this power bank, or charge your laptop 7 times, and watch TV for 7.5 hours per charge.
- The solar panel is sold separately
- It will not work with larger appliances like a heater, microwave, induction cooker, or others that are over 500 Watts.
This sturdily built but portable power station and solar generator is a great device to own if you live in an area where there are blackouts and hurricane alerts. It is smaller, cleaner, and much quieter than a traditional generator.
You can choose how to recharge it, and with a suitable solar panel, you can charge it completely off the grid and be eco-friendly as well as save money.
It may not be powerful enough to keep the large appliances running, but this power station will enable you to keep your essential devices, lights, and others going when there is no electricity available.
A very small and portable power station, 300 Watts/76000mAh 266Wh, two AC outputs up to 300 Watts with a pure sine wave, 3 USB outputs 2.4A, DC output, and input. Large display, with various recharging options.
The Altizure is one of the smallest of all solar generators and portable power stations on this list.
It is capable of charging your essential personal devices and powering small appliances like car fridges, mini-fridges, car fans, and others too.
It is so compact and light that you can pop it into your backpack and take it anywhere with you.
The portable power station can be charged via a standard AC wall outlet, a car charger, or with an added solar panel.
- A 300-watt output
- Lithium-ion battery with a 76000mAh 266Wh capacity
- 2 AC outputs of 110-120V/60Hz, maximum 300 Watts, and pure sine wave
- 3 USB ports of 5V/2.4A
- A DC input and output at 15V/2.5A for input and 12.6V/10A output
- A large and backlit display showing the battery status, the discharge, and how much power is used
- It can be charged via a wall adaptor, a car charger, or a solar panel
- Charges for 8-9 hours with a car charger
To use it with a solar panel, you should use a panel from 12-18V up to 100V and an MC4 cable.
It has over voltage, over current, and overheating protection features
It also can double as an emergency light
A size of 8.26 x 8.26 x 3.54 inches, and a weight of 6.69 lbs.
This portable power station, which can be recharged via solar panels, is another small-sized device that can save the day if you happen to end up in a power outage or during other emergency situations. Keep in mind, that you will need to buy the solar panel separately though.
It can power some small appliances and devices to keep you connected to the world and have light if the power gets switched off.
The power station is portable, easy to store, and can be charged in a car, home, or under the sun, so you can take it with you on outdoor adventures or keep it at home as a backup alternative.
RockPals 300 Watts, maximum 600 Watts surge, 5 DC ports 16A/96 Watts, 2 USB 2.1, and a USB 3.0 quick charge ports. A small-sized and affordable backup unit for emergencies and for road trips.
The RockPals 300Watt portable power station is less powerful than some of the other products on this list. Still, it is a perfect choice for those of you looking for an affordable power station to keep their computer, modem, and phones alive in case of a power outage at home or in the office.
- An AC output of up to 300 Watts
- 5 DC ports
- 2 USB 2.1 ports
- 1 USB 3.0 fast-charging port
- A battery of 280Wh 3.7V 75Ah
- It can charge a phone up to 26 times
- Charges a laptop up to 7 times
- Powers a 45 Watt mini fridge for up to 18 hours
- It can be fully charged by a wall outlet for 6-7 hours
- You can charge it via a car charger for 6-7 hours
- It can also be recharged with a 60W or 100W solar panel
- A small size of 7.48 x 5.9 x 5.5 inches and a weight of 7.5 lbs.
- Very small capacity as compared to other solar generators and power stations
- It is more suitable for home and indoor use
- You need to buy a solar panel if you want to charge it off the grid
This 300 Watt portable power station is a great way to ensure that your work is not lost, and not stopped by a sudden power outage.
It is less powerful than most of the other power stations on this list but is still sufficient to keep your laptop working and your mini-fridge and smartphones and tablets charged until the power is restored.
RockPals 500W, a 540Wh Lithium-Ion battery, one AC outlet with a 500W continuous output and 1000W peak, two DC outputs at 12V/48W max, a car port 12V/96W, 2 USB ports 5V 2.1A, 10 Watts maximum, 2 USB ports – 5V, 2.1A, 10Watts max, a quick charge USB 3.0 and a Type C 18 Watts max.
Another excellent choice for a portable power station with the option for charging via solar panel, the RockPals 500W is a reliable and easy to use device, which can be used both indoors and outside.
It can be used to charge an average smartphone about 58 times, a laptop up to 8 times, and to power a mini car fridge or projector for 6-7 hours.
- 540Wh Lithium-Ion battery
- AC output up to 500 Watts and 1000 Watts peak
- Two DC outputs 48 watts
- Car port 12V/96W
- 2 USB ports
- A fast-charging USB 3.0 port
- Charges via wall outlets, car chargers or solar panels
- It can fully charge via a 100Watt solar panel for only 8 hours
- It has a car charging cable included
- A bonus bright emergency light which can last for 99 hours
- Pure sine wave inverter for safe powering of laptops and other sensitive devices
- BMS for short circuit protection, overheating protection and voltage control
- A size of 10.24 x 6.7 x 6.28 inches, and a weight of 12.13 lbs.
- Backed by an 18-month warranty
- The auto shut off when there is no activity is activated after 10 hours
- It is not waterproof
- No solar panel is included in the package
This portable solar generator power station is a superb option for powering up smaller appliances up to 500 watts, as well as for keeping your phones, GPS devices, and laptop charged while you are off the grid.
It is a sturdy device with multiple output ports and three ways of charging, including via a compatible solar panel of 100 Watts.
The Wagan Solar Power Cube 1500 plus is a heavy duty solar power generator which can be charged with 5 solar panels or with the AC and DC adapters provided.
- A powerful output of 1500 watts and a surge of up to 3600 watts
- 5 unfolding built-in solar panels
- Better 100ah gel hybrid battery
- An AC inverter, two AC outlets, two DC outlets, 2 USB power ports and a digital LED indicator for the battery status
- It can be expanded with additional solar panels
- You can charge it by the use of a wall plug or a car charger
- Easy to use, intuitive device
- a convenient handle and wheels
- No assembly is required – you can use it as soon as you charge it
- 2-year warranty (battery excluded)
- A convenient storage department to keep charging cables and others
You can easily use the Wagan Solar Power Cube 1500 as a permanent source of eco-friendly energy for many of the devices and utilities at your home. The built-in panels are 16 watts each and supply a total of 80 watts. You can add even more solar panels (100 to 300 watt) for added power generation. This will make your home a greener and cleaner place to live and will cut down the electricity bills to a minimum.
- It is a heavy duty item, so you can anticipate some noise while it is operating
- Not as portable as other smaller units
This heavy-duty portable solar power generator is an excellent option for those of you who want to stay off the grid as much as possible for ecological, economical or for any other reasons. It is reliable, powerful and can be extended with more solar panels to supplement the built-in ones.
Benefits of owning a portable solar power generator
Whether you are in search for a reliable and small backup power supply for emergencies, or if you want to implement an off the grid option for your home, RV or camper, a portable solar power generator could be the perfect answer to all your needs.
They are green alternatives to the classic propane and gas generators which people use as backup power generators.
The solar power generators do not emit harmful fumes, they don’t need to be refueled with gas, and they can create perfectly clean and free green energy!
Having a reliable backup generator or one which you can take with you when you go camping or on a trip is essential, and in some cases could even be lifesaving.
It is great to charge your phone or other mobile devices, as well as to keep the lights on, to jump-start your car, or to power, small medical appliances could literally save your life in case of a blackout or if lost or left stranded.
A solar power generator can create and accumulate power anywhere as long as there is sunlight which is free, reliable and eco-friendly. These portable generators do have additional charging options so you can charge your unit from a wall socket or with a car charger as well.
Also, many devices are expandable, so you can add more solar panels and add extra batteries to improve their performance and versatility.
With a solar power generator, you can help reduce your CO2 footprint and do not risk a carbon monoxide leak which can kill you.
These portable generators are easy to carry, store and work quietly so you can use them in your house without any disturbance and harmful emissions.
Nowadays, solar panels are very affordable and superb for making your own sustainable energy at home or outdoors.
There is a wide variety of choices for portable solar power generators which can meet all types of needs and expectations.
How to pick the best portable solar power generator
In order to be satisfied with your choice, you need to keep in mind the following features when shopping for a portable solar power generating system:
- Size and weight
If you plan to take your generator with you when going camping, fishing or hiking, you may want to pick one which is a lightweight, small and comfortable for carrying. If you need it as a backup device for your home, you can get a larger one which will remain static.
Bear in mind that many of the portable solar generators cannot power some of the heavy appliances in your home for long. A single generator is suitable for keeping your lights, LED TV and fan on and for charging your phone, laptop, and other smaller appliances during a power cut. The most powerful ones are the most expensive and large ones but will keep your refrigerator, computer and other bigger appliances running for longer. So, before buying one, make sure you make a list of the appliances which you will need to keep charged or running and the voltage required for that.
- The type and number of outlets
Make sure that the solar power generator has sufficient numbers and types of outlets (USB, 12V, 110V, 2A, 220V and so on) which you will need.
- The inclusion of solar panels
Many of the portable solar power generators come with built-in solar panels or are sold along with them. You can pick between these, or choose an option which requires a separate purchase of solar panels. Some units can work with DIY solar panels and are compatible with nearly all kinds of solar panels, while others need to be paired with a specific type or brand of panels.
- Shelf life
This is the time for which the generator will hold the charged energy before needing to be recharged.
- Battery type
The different cells have different longevity. Some units come with replaceable batteries which means that your solar power generator will serve you for longer.
- Warranty and customer care
It is a good idea to look for a solar power generator which comes with a warranty, so you can return it or get it repaired if something goes wrong.
- Battery management system
In order to ensure that the device doesn’t overheat or doesn’t cause a short circuit and damage your appliances, you should look for one which has a reliable battery management system.
- Control and monitoring of the charging, discharging and use of the energy
The different portable solar power generators offer different options for monitoring and controlling the battery status. Some have displays, others have light indicators or warning sounds for low battery, and there are options which have mobile apps which allow you to monitor the status and use via a mobile phone.
- Time for charging
The different options have different charging times.
Portable power generators which are expandable to allow for adding more batteries or solar panels to improve their efficiency and their performance.
Take the time to look at the accessories included in the kit before you order your solar power. These can include various types of cables, wheels, backpacks, adaptors, instruction manuals, and others
Needless to say, the price is a crucial factor when buying a solar power generator. The price range is quite wide, so do your research in order to be certain that you are buying the one which offers the best value for the price asked.
A portable solar power generator will help you make your own energy from the 100% free, reliable and environmentally friendly source without needing to rely on the grid or pay any bills. It requires no fuel and little or no maintenance and will not emit any harmful fumes and emissions.
You can use your solar power generator as a useful and reliable backup power unit at home or take it with you when you travel, but also use it on a daily basis for some of the appliances and utilities at home, which will lower your monthly electricity bills.
Such a unit will allow you to live a greener life and will guarantee that all of your devices are charged and that your essential appliances are working even when you do not have another power source.
Affordable, versatile and environmentally friendly, solar power generators are a must-have item for any home, camper or RV.
It is a great long-term investment which will ensure that you live a greener life and provide you with easy access to free and sustainable power at all times.
Related – 10 Honda Generators in 2021
Last update on 2021-04-13 at 09:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API