A full quick guide on how to find the best portable solar power generators
With the growing popularity and affordability of portable solar power generators, it comes to no surprise that there are so many different options on the market.
Here is our list of the top portable solar power generators currently being offered on the market:
Goal Zero Yeti 400 Lithium Portable Power Station, Silver/Black, 16lbs
The Yeti 400 Lithium portable power station is a compact and efficient way to store your solar power and use it whenever you need – inside or outdoors.
- 428 watt
- High quality, durable and replaceable lithium batteries with an 18-month shelf life
- Real-time control, charging and usage data available on the large display, including the amount of power, supplied via a solar panel
- Very compact, portable and easy to carry
- High-quality sine wave inverter
- 3 USB ports, 2 AC outlets and 12V output
- Charges for 7 hours via a wall socket, and 8-16 hours via a solar panel
It is a small and yet versatile solar power generator made of top quality materials and with a super helpful display providing all the information you need regarding its charging or discharging status, as well as other useful real-time information.
- Solar panels need to be purchased separately
The Yeti 400 is great as an alternative power supply during blackouts or whenever you need power when camping or enjoying a trip outdoors. You can monitor its status at all times, and quickly recharge it via a wall socket or a solar panel. With long-lasting batteries that can easily be replaced thus ensuring the longevity of this superb portable power generator.
100-Watt Portable Generator Power Station, CPAP Battery Pack, Home Camping Emergency Power Supply Charged by Solar Panel/Wall Outlet/Car with Dual 110V AC Power Inverter, 3 DC 12V Ports, USB Ports
The Paxcess 100 is a very lightweight solar power station which is easy to use and comfortable to carry.
- Weighs only 3.3 lbs. and has a comfortable handle
- 150 Watts, chargeable by a wall socket, car charger or with a solar panel
- Long lasting 40.8 Ah Lithium battery
- 3 12V DC ports, 2 110V AC outlet inverters, 2 USB 5V ports
- Quick charging
- Efficient battery management system to keep the unit and your appliances safe
- 45-day satisfaction guarantee with 100% refund if you are not satisfied
- Comes in a sturdy, fire resistant and drop tested casing shell, so it will stay safe during your outdoor adventures
Overall, this small Paxcess power station is a superb portable solar power generator which you can take with you on long road trips, camping or wherever you are going. It is an excellent backup system for blackouts during which it will keep your small appliances and devices powered safely.
- No solar panels included
This sturdy and well-built compact solar power generator comes at a very affordable price, 45-day money back guarantee and will ensure that you have power whenever you are on the road, out or when the power shuts down during an emergency blackout. It is expandable, so you can purchase and add solar panels and additional batteries to increase its efficiency.
1100 Watt (1.1kWh) Power Bank Solar Generator – Basic Model – Lithium Ion Emergency & Camping Electric Battery Portable Power Source
The Inergy Kodiak 1100 Watt power bank solar generator is definitely a top choice when it comes to heavy duty, and yet lightweight power generators.
- Heavy duty (1100 watts, 90AH, 12V Lithium-Ion batteries)
- Surge power of 3,000 watts
- Ultra-lightweight and highly-portable (20 lbs.)
- up to 2000 lifecycles and a shelf-life of up to 10 years
- Easy to use
- Solar charging for off-grid power
- Chargeable via solar, car or wall plug
- Reliable and long-lasting lithium-ion batteries
- Multiple AC, DC and USB outputs
- Convenient RV plug
- 1-year quality warranty
This versatile portable solar generator is much lighter than many of the others available on the market. It is a sturdy device which can be charged via solar panels, a car charger or wall charger. Its capacity of 1100 watts of continuous use can cover all your needs for powering up devices in any situation.
It comes with 4 USB outputs, 7 AC outputs, and 12V DC outputs, so you can connect just about anything you need to the Inergy Kodiak 1100!
The great design along with the portability of this device has made it one of the top preferred off-grid power generators for campers, eco-conscious people, RV users and all who are looking for an excellent source of stored power at all times.
You can add more 12V batteries to increase the capacity to over 1100 watts.
- The solar panels are not included, so to go fully off grid. You will need to purchase them separately.
- The price is a bit hefty compared to others.
This is an extremely light and compact heavy duty generator which you can take with you just about anywhere and use to power a large range of devices including your basic RV needs, power tools, TVs, microwaves, laptops, smartphones, lights, and so many more appliances.
Compact 400Wh / 12,000mAh Portable Outlet, Generator Alternative Rechargeable Power Source with Silent DC/AC Inverter, 12V Car/AC/USB Outputs for Camping, CPAP or Emergency Backup
This mid-sized solar generator is another reliable and compact device which you can purchase at a reasonable price and never worry about power outages or for powering your mobile and other devices while outdoors camping or traveling in your RV.
- Durable and long-lasting 120 AH lithium ion batteries
- 434 watts
- Lightweight and compact (9.26 lbs.)
- With a 12V car socket, 4 fast charging USB ports and a 110V AC outlet
- Provides complete protection for your devices via its efficient battery management system for voltage and temperature control
- 18 months guarantee and free customer care service
- It comes with a 10ft AC adapter and 2ft micro USB charging cable
- Safe and silent so it can be used indoors as well as outdoors
- Can power laptops, phones, mini fridges, lamps, small medical devices, and other appliances
With the Anker Power House Compact 400 you can ensure that you have a light on and that your mobile devices are always charged when you are enjoying a camping or other outdoor trip. It is extraordinarily light and very easy to carry, so you can take it with you on any outing. Also, this powerful generator is an excellent backup device in case of emergencies at home or outside.
- The solar panels are not included
- The AC output is only 110V, but you can use a voltage converter for other needs
This is a high quality, well-built and solid generator which is small and yet efficient enough to be used as your backup power generator at home or whenever you go on an outdoor adventure. If you add solar panels, this will become an indispensable and eco-friendly tool which you will always take with you when you go camping or on a long outdoor trip.
Portable Generator Power Source CPAP Lithium Battery Pack Power Supply with Silent 110V/60Hz, Max 200W AC Power Inverters, DC 12V & USB Ports, Charged by Solar Panel/ Wall Outlet/ Car
The Suaoki 200 portable generator can be powered via compatible solar power panels, so you can rest assured that you have all the energy you need when you are outdoors and do not have access to the grid.
- Extremely light and portable (5.51 lbs., 9.8×6.3×3.4 inches)
- 220 watts and a peak output of 250 watts
- Great battery management system to keep you and your devices charged safe from short circuits, or high temperature or voltages
- 2 X 110V AC outlets, 2 DC outlets, 2 USB ports, 5 LED light indicators
- Features an improved sine wave to keep your TV, laptop or fan running seamlessly
- Can be powered via a wall socket a car charger or by compatible solar panels
- Has a long-lasting, high-density lithium-ion battery
- 18-month warranty provided by the producer
It is amazing how such a small device can provide so much reliable service for indoor and outdoor use. You can charge your laptop, phone, fan, TV, lights, or CPAP machine without any overload. It is a perfect emergency backup device for outages or other emergencies, and will serve you well while you are on a long trip, camping or just about anywhere where you don’t have access to another power source.
You can use DIY or commercially available solar panels to charge the Suaoki 200 wherever you are and feel the satisfaction and convenience of using eco-friendly generated power.
At this great price, you will also receive a power charger adapter, a cigarette socket, an AC cable, and a car charger cable as well as a detailed user manual.
- You need to purchase or make your own solar panels separately
Compact, quiet, safe and reliable, this tiny power generator could be the answer to all your problems with powering your devices and appliances during long trips or if there is a power failure at home. A superb, versatile and powerful tool which every household should own! Best of all, it is a very reasonably priced way to produce your own clean and green solar generated power wherever you are!
The Wagan Solar Power Cube 1500 plus is a heavy duty solar power generator which can be charged with 5 solar panels or with the AC and DC adapters provided.
- A powerful output of 1500 watts and a surge of up to 3600 watts
- 5 unfolding built-in solar panels
- Better 100ah gel hybrid battery
- An AC inverter, two AC outlets, two DC outlets, 2 USB power ports and a digital LED indicator for the battery status
- It can be expanded with additional solar panels
- You can charge it by the use of a wall plug or a car charger
- Easy to use, intuitive device
- a convenient handle and wheels
- No assembly is required – you can use it as soon as you charge it
- 2-year warranty (battery excluded)
- A convenient storage department to keep charging cables and others
You can easily use the Wagan Solar Power Cube 1500 as a permanent source of eco-friendly energy for many of the devices and utilities at your home. The built-in panels are 16 watts each and supply a total of 80 watts. You can add even more solar panels (100 to 300 watt) for added power generation. This will make your home a greener and cleaner place to live and will cut down the electricity bills to a minimum.
- It is a heavy duty item, so you can anticipate some noise while it is operating
- Not as portable as other smaller units
This heavy-duty portable solar power generator is an excellent option for those of you who want to stay off the grid as much as possible for ecological, economical or for any other reasons. It is reliable, powerful and can be extended with more solar panels to supplement the built-in ones.
Portable Power Station, 3024Wh/280Ah Silent Gas Free Generator Alternative with 1500 Watt (3000 Watt Surge) AC Inverter, USB, 12V Outputs
This Goal Zero Yeti 3000 portable power station is a heavy duty tool which can ensure that all your essential needs of electric power are taken care of in case of a sudden blackout.
- Heavy duty
- 3024 watt-hour capacity which can power up to 10 different appliances simultaneously
- Solar charging optimization unit for 40% faster solar charging
- Comes with a rolling cart for easy portability
- Has USB output ports, AC inverters and 1500W continuous, 3000W surge
- Can power your refrigerator, TV, lights, medical devices, power tools, computers, phones and many others
- reliable battery charging management to prevent short-circuiting, or unsafe power levels Replaceable lithium battery pack
- No harmful fumes, no need for gas or maintenance
- Hassle-free set up and use
- An amazing 10-12 shelf life
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
It weighs slightly less than 70 lbs, so it is heftier than the other generators, but you can always use the convenient handle and wheels to move it to anywhere you want.
A full charge from an AC wall socket takes about 25 hours, or you can choose the more eco-friendly option and purchase solar panels to generate the power instead. Solar recharge can be completed in 30 hours if there is sufficient sunlight.
It can hold the power charge for 10-12 months.
- It is more expensive than other portable power generators
- The package doesn’t include solar panels, so you will need to buy those separately
If you want to have a backup portable power generator which will keep your fridge, lights and other small appliances working during a blackout, the Goal Zero Yeti 3000 portable power station is the top choice for you. It may not be as portable and lightweight as others, but it is very powerful, durable and can hold its charge for cases of emergency for up to 1 year!
558-Watt Hour Portable Solar Generator System w/ 40W Solar Panel Included, 4xUSB, 2X12V, Storage/ Phones/ Lights/ Freezers/CPAP Machine/Drones
Kalisaya KP601 Kalipak 558 is another solar power generator which could help power your lights, fridge, phones and other devices during a power outage or when you are on a trip. It is a very compact generator of high quality and versatility.
- 558 watts per hour
- 4 USB ultra-fast charge ports, 2 12V DC ports
- Grade A 38 Ah lithium-Ion cells
- Has a mobile app for Android or iOS enabling remote control and real-time energy flow monitoring
- Bluetooth interface
- 40 watt 4x folding solar panel is included
- Lightweight (14lbs) and portable with a convenient shoulder strap
- AC/DC and car lighter adapters included
- Long shelf life
- Weatherproof backpack
Easy to carry, reliable and with a foldable solar panel included, the Kalisaya KP 601 has everything you need if you are looking for a good quality, efficient portable solar power generator.
Plus you can check the energy charge and control it via your smartphone whenever you want. No need to go to the actual device to see if it needs charging or whether it is working properly.
- Car charger not included
This is a perfect solar power generator which you can carry around easily with the help of the heavy-duty strap or weatherproof backpack. The 40-watt foldable solar panel allows for a full charge of the unit for about 15 hours.
The power output is impressive, and the price is very attractive, so this is definitely a highly recommended solar power generator suitable for indoors and outdoors.
400Wh/120,000mAh Portable Solar Generator Lithium-ion Power Source Power Supply with Quiet 300W DC/AC Inverter, 12V Car, DC/AC/USB Outputs, Charged by Solar Panel/AC Outlet/Cars
The Suaoki 400 is a very quiet, compact and highly efficient portable solar generator which you can charge at home, in your car or outdoors with Suaoki solar panels.
- 444 watts
- Light and compact (12.35lbs, 9×5.5×9 inches)
- Continuous 300W and 600W surge pure sine AC inverters with low losses
- 2 DC ports, 4 USB ports, 1 cigarette lighter socket, 1 jump start port,
- A great LCD display for easy access to charging status, and buttons for choosing from the different power supply options
- Battery management system for keeping your appliances and devices safe from short-circuiting, overheating and overvoltage
- Good for both indoor and open-air use
- Comes with an AC wall charger, a car charging cable, a solar charging cable and a pair of jump starter clamps
- 2-year warranty
You can jump-start your car, charge your phones or power any of the small appliances at home during a blackout or whenever you are in need of power while on the road. It is so light and compact that there is no problem taking it for any trip outside.
It is very easy to monitor the charge and discharge status of the battery.
- It doesn’t include solar panels
This is a well-built, lightweight, aesthetically pleasing and easy to use portable power generator. You can quickly charge it via a wall socket, your car charger or with solar panels. The Suaoki 400W will not disappoint you and will help keep you comfortable during a power failure, or whenever you are on the road. It is incredibly useful for jump starting cars, as well as for providing you with the power you need whenever you are off the grid.
Goal Zero Yeti 150 Solar Generator 150 Whr Power Pack 22004
The Yeti 150 is a very compact, affordable and easy to use a portable solar generator which can be charged quickly via car or wall chargers or with an added solar panel.
- Very compact and light (12lbs)
- Fully charged for 6 hours with a wall charger and 8 hours with a car charger
- AGM Lead acid cell with a 3-month shelf life
- Built-in battery charging system
- 2 USB ports, AC port, and 2 12V ports
- 80 Watt continuous and 160 Watt surge
- 6-month warranty
- A useful display for the battery status, as well as a warning sound when the battery is low
- Affordable price
This is one of the most compact and lightweight, portable solar power generators available, which means that you can take it with you everywhere you go. It is not as powerful as the bigger and more expensive units but will provide you with the sufficient power needed to keep your devices charged and small appliances working.
- You have to purchase solar panels separately
- Not as powerful as the larger units
The Yeti 150 is a perfect portable power system which you can carry in your backpack. It is very light and yet will provide you with the power to keep your mobile devices charged and your small appliances working during a power outage or when you are outdoors. It charges quickly, and with an additional solar panel, it can easily generate free and eco-friendly energy.
Benefits of owning a portable solar power generator
Whether you are in search for a reliable and small backup power supply for emergencies, or if you want to implement an off the grid option for your home, RV or camper, a portable solar power generator could be the perfect answer to all your needs.
They are green alternatives to the classic propane and gas generators which people use as backup power generators.
The solar power generators do not emit harmful fumes, they don’t need to be refueled with gas, and they can create perfectly clean and free green energy!
Having a reliable backup generator or one which you can take with you when you go camping or on a trip is essential, and in some cases could even be lifesaving.
It is great to charge your phone or other mobile devices, as well as to keep the lights on, to jump-start your car, or to power, small medical appliances could literally save your life in case of a blackout or if lost or left stranded.
A solar power generator can create and accumulate power anywhere as long as there is sunlight which is free, reliable and eco-friendly. These portable generators do have additional charging options so you can charge your unit from a wall socket or with a car charger as well.
Also, many devices are expandable, so you can add more solar panels and add extra batteries to improve their performance and versatility.
With a solar power generator, you can help reduce your CO2 footprint and do not risk a carbon monoxide leak which can kill you.
These portable generators are easy to carry, store and work quietly so you can use them in your house without any disturbance and harmful emissions.
Nowadays, solar panels are very affordable and superb for making your own sustainable energy at home or outdoors.
There is a wide variety of choices for portable solar power generators which can meet all types of needs and expectations.
How to pick the best portable solar power generator
In order to be satisfied with your choice, you need to keep in mind the following features when shopping for a portable solar power generating system:
- Size and weight
If you plan to take your generator with you when going camping, fishing or hiking, you may want to pick one which is a lightweight, small and comfortable for carrying. If you need it as a backup device for your home, you can get a larger one which will remain static.
Bear in mind that many of the portable solar generators cannot power some of the heavy appliances in your home for long. A single generator is suitable for keeping your lights, LED TV and fan on and for charging your phone, laptop, and other smaller appliances during a power cut. The most powerful ones are the most expensive and large ones but will keep your refrigerator, computer and other bigger appliances running for longer. So, before buying one, make sure you make a list of the appliances which you will need to keep charged or running and the voltage required for that.
- The type and number of outlets
Make sure that the solar power generator has sufficient numbers and types of outlets (USB, 12V, 110V, 2A, 220V and so on) which you will need.
- The inclusion of solar panels
Many of the portable solar power generators come with built-in solar panels or are sold along with them. You can pick between these, or choose an option which requires a separate purchase of solar panels. Some units can work with DIY solar panels and are compatible with nearly all kinds of solar panels, while others need to be paired with a specific type or brand of panels.
- Shelf life
This is the time for which the generator will hold the charged energy before needing to be recharged.
- Battery type
The different cells have different longevity. Some units come with replaceable batteries which means that your solar power generator will serve you for longer.
- Warranty and customer care
It is a good idea to look for a solar power generator which comes with a warranty, so you can return it or get it repaired if something goes wrong.
- Time for charging
The different options have different charging times.
Portable power generators which are expandable to allow for adding more batteries or solar panels to improve their efficiency and their performance.
- Battery management system
In order to ensure that the device doesn’t overheat or doesn’t cause a short circuit and damage your appliances, you should look for one which has a reliable battery management system.
- Control and monitoring of the charging, discharging and use of the energy
The different portable solar power generators offer different options for monitoring and controlling the battery status. Some have displays, others have light indicators or warning sounds for low battery, and there are options which have mobile apps which allow you to monitor the status and use via a mobile phone.
Take the time to look at the accessories included in the kit before you order your solar power. These can include various types of cables, wheels, backpacks, adaptors, instruction manuals, and others
Needless to say, the price is a crucial factor when buying a solar power generator. The price range is quite wide, so do your research in order to be certain that you are buying the one which offers the best value for the price asked.
A portable solar power generator will help you make your own energy from the 100% free, reliable and environmentally friendly source without needing to rely on the grid or pay any bills. It requires no fuel and little or no maintenance and will not emit any harmful fumes and emissions.
You can use your solar power generator as a useful and reliable backup power unit at home or take it with you when you travel, but also use it on a daily basis for some of the appliances and utilities at home, which will lower your monthly electricity bills.
Such a unit will allow you to live a greener life and will guarantee that all of your devices are charged and that your essential appliances are working even when you do not have another power source.
Affordable, versatile and environmentally friendly, solar power generators are a must-have item for any home, camper or RV.
It is a great long-term investment which will ensure that you live a greener life and provide you with easy access to free and sustainable power at all times.
Last update on 2018-12-17 at 18:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API