You want a microwave oven, but don’t have the space to fit it? What you need is a good quality small microwave which has all the functionality of a normal sized one, but is very compact and can be placed just about anywhere in your home, office, dorm room or other.
Here are our top picks for the best small microwave ovens of 2019.
Looking for a small microwave which works just as good and even better than a standard sized one?
The Aicok Countertop microwave is a perfect compact oven which is multifunctional, easy to use and comes with a 24-month worry free quality warranty.
- Express cooking function
- One touch preset options for popcorn, potatoes, pizza, frozen dinner, beverages and for reheating
- 3 multi-stage, smart sensor cooking
- 10 power level options
- Up to 99-minute timer setting
- A large four-digit LED display
- Eco- power saving mode
- Interior LED light
- Quick defrost by time or weight
- Child-proof safety lock
- A convenient +30 second button
- Digital clock
- A glass turntable
- Compact dimensions: 19 (L) x 15.2 (W) x 11.6 (H) inches
- 2-year money back quality warranty
- FDA certified for safety, BPA free
- Modern design
- The grey interior makes it a bit difficult to see how the cooking is going
This small microwave from Aicok is the winner on our list of small microwaves because it has just about all features we were looking for when reviewing these compact microwave ovens. It comes at a great price, features a lot of very useful functions and is easy to use. Plus, it is sold with a 24-month warranty.
Want a good quality small microwave oven for your tiny kitchen? This Toshiba microwave is the best-selling one on the list, and there are a number of very good reasons for that.
- Compact and can fit anywhere – 19.2 (W) x 15.9 (D) x 11.5 (H) inches
- A 10.6 inch glass turntable and cavity capacity of 12.36 x 13.66 x 8.7 inches
- 10 power settings
- 900 watts
- A timer
- Defrost by weight or time
- Digital display and control panel
- LED lighting of the interior
- Elegant black stainless steel design
- 6 pre-programmed cooking options, including popcorn, pizza, potato, beverage, frozen vegetables and dinner plate
- One touch start
- Power saving eco mode
- Safety lock
- Optional sound on and off
- Additional 30 second cooking option
- Reasonable price
- It can be noisier while cooking than other small microwaves
This compact Toshiba microwave is just what you need if you are looking for a fully-functional small microwave for your small kitchen, dorm room or other limited space. You can turn all sounds off for a quieter environment. You can also pick one of the 6 handy preset programs and easily add an additional 30 seconds of cooking with the press of one button. It is definitely a great small microwave for the price!
Need a small countertop microwave to fit in one of the corners of your small kitchen? This beautiful stainless look Whirlpool microwave could be the best choice for you!
- Very small footprint and easy to fit in a corner – 13.8 x 15.4 x 14.1 inches
- 750 watts
- 10 different power levels
- A handy quick touch button for popcorn
- Tap touch control
- Option for +30 seconds of cooking time
- Beautiful sleek design
- Quiet operation
- Automatic interior light
- Easy to use
- Reminder beep if food is not removed in a few minutes
- Easy to clean inside and out
- It is very light so it can shift when you open the door
This is possibly the smallest microwaves which we have reviewed, and it is simply perfect for warming up, defrosting food, making popcorn and other simple cooking chores. It can be placed in a very small space, it works quietly and is very easy to use and clean. What better small microwave for a small space?
If you want a great looking and fully-functional small microwave, this cute retro style colorful oven is the perfect one for a dorm room or for a very limited space in the kitchen or office.
- A very stylish 50’s retro design and beautiful turquoise color
- Very tiny footprint – 12.7 x 17.6 x 10.6 inches
- The turntable has a diameter of 10 inches
- A Concave Reflex System
- A zero standby function
- 5 power levels
- 700 watts
- 2-way defrosting option
- Auto defrosting
- 4 preset auto cook programs
- Child-proof door safety lock
- Reminder and end signal
- +30 second push button
- Eco power saving – no power is used when the microwave is turned off
- Easy to use for simple tasks, warming, defrosting and popcorn
- Doesn’t have a clock
- Needs to be powered up with a push button before each use
- It is too small for a large dinner plate
This is probably the cutest looking compact microwave which will instantly turn into a centerpiece of any kitchen or room. Sure, it is too small for actual microwave cooking, but is perfect for simple warming, defrosting and pizza or popcorn making. We strongly recommend this mint-colored retro Daewoo small microwave!
Do you need a microwave for reheating leftover food, preparing snacks and beverages and other simple tasks? This 600 watt Westinghouse countertop microwave is just right for you.
- Small size – 17.75 x 12.5 x 10.25 inches
- The glass turntable is 9.5 inches (diameter), the interior is 0.6 cubic ft.
- 6 power levels up to 600 watts
- 30-minute adjustable timer
- Sturdy construction
- Affordable price for the quality and features offered
- Easy to use mechanical dials for time and power adjustment
- Defrosting by speed or weight
- Comfortable and easy to grasp the door handle
- Timer alert signal
- Cooking will continue even if you open the door before the timer has run out
- Available in white or black colors
- Very easy to clean and maintain
- No electronic controls, no power usage when the unit is not in use and no glow from a digital display
- It can slide on the countertop when opened, due to its lightweight, so you may need to place an anti-skid cover underneath it
This budget-friendly, durable and easy to use compact microwave oven I great for anyone who wants the straightforward operation. It is great for visually impaired or senior citizens thanks to its intuitive manual dials for adjustment of the timer and the power level. It is a great small microwave oven which will save power and won’t disturb you with the constant glow of the display.
Do you need a fully functional microwave which you can use for cooking as well as for simple tasks such as defrosting or warming, and yet you don’t have too much space available for it? The powerful and yet relatively small Panasonic Cyclonic Wave microwave is a superb option for you.
- The Cyclonic Wave innovative technology circulates the heat precisely during the cooking for easier food preparation of all kinds of foods including those with more complex and denser textures
- Auto adjust the power for evenly cooked food
- Keeps all the nutrients and the flavor of the food cooked intact
- The inverter design allows for a consistent cooking power and for cooking bigger meals
- 20 preset auto cook options, including pizza, potatoes, pasta, quinoa, soup, oatmeal and others
- One-touch controls for sensor reheat, quick defrost, popcorn and for keeping warm
- 1250 watts of power
- Stylish stainless steel design – fingerprint resistant
- Intuitive menu and dial
- Delay start feature
- +30 second option
- Safety lock
- LED interior lighting
- Can be used as a countertop, or built-in oven (for 30 and 27-inch openings in the cabinet)
- Relatively small size – 19.4 x 23.9 x 14 inches
- Interior capacity of 2.2 cubic feet
- The trim kit is not as easy to install
- It is larger and more expensive than many of the other small microwave ovens
This outstanding microwave is great for all kind of cooking as well as for simpler functions. It can be installed in a cabinet or used as a countertop oven. The pre-set cooking programs are a huge plus and will save you loads of time. It cooks consistently and evenly thanks to the patented inverter system and Cyclone Wave technology. Overall, this is a more expensive small microwave, but given its great looks, performance, and functionality it is definitely worth the money spent on it.
Looking for a good microwave oven to buy on a tight budget? This 700 watt Bella compact microwave is one you should consider getting.
- Very compact dimensions of 13.8 x 17.3 x 10.2 inches
- 10 power levels, 700 watts of power
- LED display and initiative digital control
- 7 cubic feet capacity and 10-inch turntable
- Multi-stage cooking feature
- 6 preset one-touch cooking programs
- The keypad can be locked as a child safety precaution
- Quick start and +30 seconds for easy and quick reheating
- Defrosting (by weight or time)
- Adjustable power level during the actual cooking
- 1-year quality guarantee
- Some might find it a tad noisy while cooking
This is probably the best small sized microwave oven which you can buy at such a low price. It is more powerful than other compact microwaves and allows for easy adjustment and multi-stage cooking.
Its design is beautiful and the oven is made of sturdy materials and has a sturdy construction which will allow you to use it for years to come.
Do you want a beautiful and yet functional microwave oven to complement your kitchen décor? This bright red retro small microwave oven from Nostalgia Electronics is just perfect for you!
- The amazing retro design and wonderful red color and sleek chrome handle and elements will bring beauty to any kitchen
- Hassle-free cooking with the 12 handy preset cooking programs
- An easy to view clock and LED display
- Even cooking
- Turn and push dial for quick operation
- 700 watts of power and 5 adjustable power levels
- Compact size – 18 x 14.2 x 10.2 inches
- Reasonably priced
- Quiet functioning
- The timer is adjustable while cooking with 10-second increments
- It can’t fit larger plates or vessels for cooking
This small microwave has a stunning color and a classic retro design which is a perfect addition to any kind of kitchen, room or office. It is versatile and cooks evenly. The pre-set cooking programs are easy to use and will save you the time of adjusting the power and time manually.
This Nostalgia compact microwave is a superb choice if you want a beautiful and yet useful kitchen appliance.
If you are shopping for a powerful countertop toaster oven, the Panasonic Flash Xpress is a reliable and sturdy option with multiple functions and fast operation.
- Cooks 40% faster than toaster ovens thanks to the FlashXPress double infrared light and heat
- Automatic calculation of the cooking time and heat control for different foods
- 6 preset programs illustrated on the easy to use display panel (pizza, toast, frozen foods and quick reheat)
- 1300 watts an 8 precision power and heating levels
- Precise temperature control from 250-500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Small footprint thanks to the compact size
- Smart and easy to adjust the digital timer
- Clean design which will suit any kind of interior décor
- Includes an inner tray and a crumb tray which is easy to remove and clean
- Bright light inside and a clear and see-through door of the oven for a clear view of the food being cooked
- Digital timer of up to 25 minutes
- Compact size: 12 x 13 x 10.2 inches
- The plates in this toaster oven can get really hot after cooking
While this amazing toaster oven is not exactly a microwave, it still is a very useful and powerful kitchen appliance which will allow you to cook various types of foods and meals in no time at all. Fast, versatile, easy to set and use, the Flash Xpress toaster oven is a must-have if you want a small and yet highly functional toaster oven for your countertop.
If you want to own a reliable inverter microwave countertop oven, this one from Panasonic can be the best one to invest in.
- Seamless, fast and consistent cooking thanks to the inverter technology
- Compacted dimensions – 15.8 x 20.7 x 12.2 inches
- 1200 watts
- Inverter turbo defrost function
- Automatic sensor for automatic adjustment of the time and power for cooking of different types of foods
- Display can show instructions in English, French or Spanish
- You can use it to poach, steam or braise foods without overcooking them
- Large interior capacity even with the smart compact design of the oven
- One touch controls
- A keep warm function
- Child lock
- Delayed start option
- It doesn’t have an add 30-second function
This Panasonic inverter countertop microwave oven quicks faster and more evenly than others. It has a lot of very useful functions such as turbo defrost or keep warm to make your life easier. It is small in size but even so, thanks to the space-saving inverter technology the capacity of the interior is large enough to cook different meals. Great small microwave oven at a great price.
Guide to buying
When looking for the best small microwave oven for your needs, here are some of the main features to look for:
- The size and the footprint on the countertop. Naturally, this is important if you need a small sized microwave to fit a certain designated area or cabinet. Some are really tiny, and others are slightly larger but can fit larger plates and cook larger meals, so keep that in mind when you are buying one.
- Countertop small microwaves are the most popular type, but there are some which can be built-in a cabinet, around it or on a wall. Look for a model with a kit for building it in if you don’t want to keep your small microwave on the counter.
- Usable capacity. The outer dimensions are not equal to usable capacity so make sure you check this capacity and inner size before purchasing a small microwave.
- Wattage and power levels. These features are important depending on what you are planning to use your microwave for. If you want one to simply reheat a plate or beverage, defrost food or to make popcorn you do not need the most powerful models which are often much higher priced than those with lower power capacities.
- Other features to look for. Some of the other extras you may be interested in include – the availability and number of preset cooking programs, the type of temperature and power adjustment (digital or analog), sensors for automatic heat control, the turntable or tray feature and others.
We hope we have helped with your choice for a small microwave oven! Good luck with your purchase and get that popcorn ready to be popped in your brand new kitchen appliance!
Last update on 2019-04-26 at 07:55 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API