Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Exerpeutic Gold 525XLR Folding Recumbent Exercise Bike, 400 lbs
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Stamina Elite Total Body Recumbent Bike with Upper Body and Lower Body Exercise
|VIEW LATEST PRICE|
Even if you are elderly, have an illness, or you are recovering from an injury or surgery, you still can get the exercise you need for rehabilitation or to feel active and better at home with the help of a good quality recumbent bike.
A home recumbent bike allows for low impact exercise, which can help with functional training, rehabilitation, or for general fitness. It is ergonomic, comfortable, and safer to use than the regular bikes, thanks to its design, which puts you in a reclining position. The side handles are also more comfortable to hold on to.
Still, recumbent bikes do provide numerous benefits for your health and wellbeing, so you should seriously consider getting one if regular upright models are not suitable for you. They are designed to put all the effort into the legs and isolate the upper body. Plus, their seats are much more comfortable than regular saddle seats. You can exercise more on a recumbent bike without feeling fatigued and without risking injury or stress on your muscles, joints, and bones.
Since there are so many reclining bikes available, we have tested and hand-picked the top best ones you can currently order online.
Here are our top choices for the best recumbent bikes on the market for 2019.
If you want a well-made, sophisticated, and space-saving recumbent bike, you should opt for the Exerpeutic 400XL.
- Foldable, space-saving design with added wheels for even easier mobility
- Easy assembly
- Quiet V belt transmission system – great for use at home without disturbing anybody
- Adjustable magnetic tension – 8 levels
- Accurately balanced flywheel
- A large and easy to read LCD display to monitor your time, distance, calories, distance and heart rate
- Easy entry and exit thanks to the semi-recumbent construction
- Reduces the impact on the lower back and joints
- Large padded seat and backrest
- Supports up to 300 lbs.
- Dimensions are: 33 x 19 x 46 inches
- Beautiful modern design – black and silver colors
- Reasonable price
- Doesn’t have a water bottle holder
The Exerpeutic 400XL is perfect for home rehabilitation or conditioning. It is pretty simple to assemble and is foldable and has a relatively small footprint. The design is beautiful, but even if you don’t like it sitting in the middle of your living room, you can easily fold it and roll it over to storage space. This is a great recumbent bike available at a very reasonable price!
Looking for a stable and affordable reclining stationary bike without all those bells and whistles which can help you with your physical therapy in the privacy of your own home? The Exerpeutic 1000 is probably the most suitable one for you.
- Excellent build
- Easy to mount via the step-through design
- Smooth crank torquing and V belt drive provide a quiet and smooth ride
- Dimensions are 34 x 22 x 54 inches, and its weight is 63 lbs.
- 8 adjustable magnetic resistance levels
- A comfortable oversized seat cushion and a high backrest
- Large pedals with straps against slipping
- Added leg stabilizers
- Easy mobility thanks to the transport wheels
- It can sit users up to 300 lbs.
- An LCD display with information regarding the performance and heart rate
- Very easy to assemble
- 3-year warranty of the frame, and 90 days for the parts
- The resistance adjustment is done manually via a knob
This is the perfect recumbent exercise bike if you have a tight budget, but still want a stable, comfortable, and safe piece of equipment to keep you fit. It is easy to get on and off, and the added cushioning and backseat make it incredibly comfy. You get to choose the resistance level and can monitor your exercise performance on the large LCD display on the front. This is an excellent piece of exercising equipment available at a fantastic price!
Related – The 10 Best Compact Treadmills 2019
Merax RB1020 Magnetic Recumbent Bike
The Merax RB1020 is another reasonably priced recumbent bike, which is easy and comfortable to use and can help you with your home rehabilitation or exercise regimen.
- Small footprint: 57.9 x 24.8 x 40.7
- Lightweight – 51.1 lbs.
- Has a weight capacity of 245 lbs.
- A large adjustable seat (16 x 13 inches) with extra foam cushioning and a comfortable seatback
- Adjustable straps on the weighted pedals
- 8 magnetic resistance levels – adjustable
- No need for plugging in a power outlet
- The display shows the time, speed, calories, distance, and odometer and SCAN (batteries are included)
- Sturdy steel frame
- Transport wheels for easier mobility
- A safe and convenient step-through design of the frame
- Features front and seat handlebars
- The seat handlebars have pulse sensors to measure your heart rate
- Safe and comfortable rubber covers on the handlebars
- Very quiet operation
- Lightweight and easy to assemble or move
- 3-year warranty for the frame, and 3 months warranty for the parts
- Doesn’t have a bottle or tablet holder
The Merax RB1020 stationary recumbent bike is sturdy, easy to put together and use and very comfortable. It has 8 different magnetic resistance levels and doesn’t use electrical power to operate. It is quiet and stable and requires almost no maintenance. This is an excellent training machine offered at a very attractive price!
Related – The Best Folding Recumbent Bike
If you want a recumbent bike that will allow you to exercise your arms as well as your legs whenever you feel like it, the Stamina Elite total body exercise bike is a great option for you. It has both feet and hand pedals and is suitable both for low impact exercising as well as for intensive workouts.
- Has both foot and arm pedals to boost your exercise experience and the calorie-burning, while the core isn’t engaged
- Easy to switch 8 magnetic resistance levels makes it suitable for people at all fitness levels
- Very comfortable padded seat and seatback
- Pulse sensors
- Quiet operation
- A large display with all exercise results including speed, time, distance, calories, and heart rate
- Capacity is up to 250 lbs.
- Sturdy and durable frame
- Easy to put together
- Water bottle holder
- 1-year limited warranty
- Doesn’t have pre-set workout programs or computer control
This Stamina Elite exercises recumbent bike is quite different from the others because it has an option to keep your arms engaged and exercising at the same time as you exercise your legs. At the same time, the comfortable reclined design, cushioned and angled seat and backrest will keep you comfortable and your core unengaged and safe. This is a perfect full-body workout bike if you are looking for more than an exercise tool for your legs!
If you are a larger person who is looking for a safe and good recumbent bike, the Exerpeutic GOLD 525XLR is possibly the best one on the market suitable for people up to 6’5” tall and up to 400 lbs.
- Extended weight capacity of up to 400 lbs. thanks to the 27% more steel used for the frame than the standard models
- Adjustable seat height which can fit people sized 5’2” up to 6’5”
- A large seat cushion and backrest
- Large pedals with straps to prevent your feet from slipping
- Semi-recumbent design for easy getting on and off the bike
- Dual transmission flywheel allows for higher resistance workouts
- Foldable for space-saving and storage purposes (27 x 18 x 48 inches when folded)
- Unfolded dimensions are 48.5 x 24 x 46 inches
- 8 magnetic tensions control
- Large LCD computer display with all the workout information you need including the speed, time, calories burnt, pulse, odometer, and a Scan function
- 3 piece cranking system
- Has transport wheels
- 1-year warranty
- Affordable price
- Not so easy to assemble
This foldable semi-recumbent exercise bike is perfect for small apartments and tight spaces. It has a strong frame that can support a person weighing up to 400 lbs. plus, the adjustable seat allows for people as tall as 6’5” to use the bike comfortably.
This is a very reasonably priced, comfortable, and sturdy stationary recumbent bike which will provide you with an excellent workout whenever you feel the need for it.
If you are tech-savvy and want a modern and computerized recumbent bike, you should opt for the Schwinn 270. It has various workout programs, user settings and fitness tests integrated into it, and a number of other amazing features.
- A dual-track LCD system allows you to view 13 different feedbacks
- Features goal tracking and allows for data export
- 29 preset workout programs (including a fitness test, recovery test, various heart rate control ones, and different profiles and customized programs)
- 4 user settings
- 25 levels of resistance and quick switch keys
- Ergonomically placed grip pulse sensors
- USB charging port and USB data transfer
- Weight supported is a maximum of 300 lbs.
- Smooth and quiet operation
- Compatibility with MyFitnessPal
- Ac power adapter included for plugging the bike in
- A 3-speed fan, a side water bottle holder
- Easy seat adjustment
- Transport wheels
- Assembled dimensions are 64 x 27.7 x 49.9 inches
- 6 LED lights and acoustic chamber speakers
- Not suitable for people taller than 6’2”
The Schwinn 270 is a superb option if you want a good quality recumbent exercise bike that has a variety of preset workout programs and is customizable for the different people in your household.
It is sturdy, very comfortable, and with easily adjustable resistance options for a wide range of workout options – from warming up to intensive training. It is a great home exercise bike that will help you get fit, lose weight, and stay in shape.
If you want a compact recumbent bike that has all of the features of the larger models, you should definitely take a closer look at the Fitness Reality R4000 bike.
- A compact footprint of just 49 x 22 x 43 inches and a weight of 60 lbs.
- A capacity of 250 lbs., suitable for people from 5’ up to 6’3”
- Safe and easy to use step-through frame design
- 14 smooth magnetic resistance levels
- 3 computer settings for your fitness goals for time, distance, and burned calories
- The large and easy to see display shows your time, distance, speed, calories, and an odometer
- Extended cushion size and infinite adjustments for the seat position
- Comfortable large backrest
- A tablet or smartphone holder
- Smooth and quiet operation of the belt drive system
- 1-year warranty
- Doesn’t have pulse sensors
The Fitness Reality R4000 is an outstanding choice for a recumbent bike, especially if you live in a small apartment or if you have limited space. It allows you to set your speed, distance, or calorie-burning goals and has a range of 14 different resistance levels to choose from. You can get it at an amazing price, and will most definitely enjoy your workouts on this comfortable and adjustable recumbent stationary bike.
If you want to have a recumbent exercise bike which has the option of keeping your hands and arms busy while pedaling, take a look at the Flex Bike Ultra.
- Has built-in resistance bands for the upper body in the front to keep your arms engaged and working out while exercising the legs
- A heavy-duty frame
- Large LCD display which shows your speed, distance, time, calories, heart rate and scan
- Foldable, so it is very easy to store when not in use
- Pulse sensors on the fixed, ergonomic handlebars
- Slip-resistant foot pedals with added straps
- Compact dimensions of 41 x 21 ½ x 42 ½ inches
- Lightweight – only 39 lbs.
- 1-year warranty
- Comes with 2 AA batteries for the display console
- Modern design, bright color
- No preset workout programs
The Flex Bike Ultra is a budget-friendly option that is highly recommended for people who have limited available space for exercise equipment. It is lightweight and foldable, and yet sturdy enough to keep you safe and steady on the comfortable seat during your workout. Its design is gorgeous and modern, and you will definitely love your workout sessions more once you start using this bike!
If you are ready to invest a little more for a commercial-grade recumbent bike for your home workouts – check out the amazing Fitnex R70. It has all the features you can imagine when it comes to this type of exercising equipment.
- 16 adjustable magnetic resistance levels
- Keeps track of your time, distance, speed, METS, pulse, and calories burned
- The heart rate sensors are built in the comfortable handlebars by the seat
- A super-soft oversized plush seat and a comfortable back
- Pedal straps are adjustable for a better and more secure fit
- Dimensions of the footprint are 73 x 23 inches, and the weight of the unit is 165 lbs.
- The bike can hold people weighing up to 400 lbs.
- 8 workout programs (manual, race, HR, weight loss, rolling, and interval)
- Has a bottle holder
- Lifetime warranty for parts and 1-year for labor
- It is more expensive than most of the other bikes on this list
Yes, it costs more than some of the other recumbent bikes on our list, but the Fitness R70 is absolutely worth every cent. It is extremely comfortable, and the adjustable tensions provide a wide choice of workouts. You also get 8 preset training programs ready for you to choose from.
This is a first-class recumbent bike, which is sold with a lifetime warranty for replacement parts, so you can be sure that you are making quite a wise and long-term investment if you decide to buy it.
If you get bored easily during a regular pedaling session on a recumbent bike, then maybe it is time to upgrade to the full-body workout wonder – the Teeter FreeStep recumbent cross-trainer. It is versatile and is unlike any of the other recumbent bikes we have tested.
- Perfect for all types of fitness levels
- Features a naturally reclined and comfortable seated position which reduces fatigue, back, and joint stress while providing an opportunity for a full cardio workout and zero impact exercise
- Magnetic resistance for both the pedals and the handlebars
- Commercial quality design and engineering
- A whisper-quiet stride system suitable for use in apartments
- Supports people up to 300 lbs.
- Suitable for seniors as well as for fit young athletes
- The digital console has an easy to read the display to monitor your workout status and results
- Small footprint: 54 x 52.5 inches
- It is easy on the joints
- Comfortable adjustable cushioned seat and backrest
- Doesn’t have a pulse sensor or a heart rate chest strap
The Teeter FreeStep is much more than a recumbent bike. It is a whole-body workout trainer, but with a recumbent seating and smooth magnetic resistance to protect your back and joints during a training session. It is suitable for young and for old, and for people of all fitness levels. The price of this cross-trainer is much lower than that of comparable trainers from other manufacturers. You will be getting an excellent versatile workout machine if you pick the Teeter FreeStep!
Having a good quality recumbent bike at home is an excellent way to ensure that you get the exercise you need without putting added stress to your back and strain on your shoulders, neck, and arms, which normal stationary bikes can cause.
As you can see, there are various excellent recumbent bikes on the market, so you need to choose the one which suits your specific needs and expectations best. Remember to keep in mind the weight and height capacity of the bike before buying it. Also, make sure you check out the dimensions and the footprint of the recumbent bike, in order to ensure that you will have sufficient space to place it and some extra space for added safety when using it.
Recumbent bikes are perfect for people recovering from surgery or injuries, or for those who need to be careful about the impact they put on their back, arms, legs, neck and all joints.
You can get a foldable bike that takes up less space or opt for a larger one if you feel like it is more comfortable and stable.
Whichever you choose, you will find it very easy and enjoyable to use, and will soon feel the effect of your workouts as your weight starts dropping, and your fitness level starts increasing!
Have fun with your new recumbent exercise bike!