As a dog owner, you want what is best for your fur baby right?
Feeding your pup with pure, all natural and well-balanced food is essential for its health and wellbeing. Pure Balance dry or wet food is the perfect solution to keeping your beloved pet happy and healthy.
The Pure Balance dog food brand was first established in 2012 by Walmart who recognized the growing demand of dog owners for affordable, top quality, safe, natural and nutrient balanced pet food.
Walmart hired Ainsworth to produce the perfect affordable dog food, and the manufacturer managed to combine all these features in its Pure Balance dog food product line. They are readily available in several different recipes, dry and wet types and various quantities at reasonable prices, unlike other high-end pet foods with natural and pure ingredients which often have to be especially ordered and are difficult to find in regular stores.
Here are the main pros and cons of Pure Balance.
- It is readily available in every Walmart store and on Amazon, unlike other pure and healthy high-end dog foods which are sold at designated pet stores or can only be pre-ordered, so there is no need to place orders and wait for it to be delivered
- The ingredients are carefully picked and combined to provide well balanced, nutritional healthy meals for your dog. The wholesome ingredients make the digestion of the food easier and help improve the digestive and immune systems of the dogs leading them to be much happier and healthier.
- They are much more affordable than high-end dog foods which also use wholesome and natural ingredients
- As with any other type of dog food, some pets may not respond well to this one. They can dislike it, or may show negative digestive effects after consuming it
Pure Balance dog food is a reasonably priced, readily available, healthy food for your pets with all pure ingredients combined perfectly to create a delicious and properly balanced meal for a healthier and a happier canine friend.
The ingredients in Pure Balance
The ingredients used for making the different Pure Balance wet and dry dog foods are similar to those used in the high-end natural balance foods for pets. The main ingredients in Pure Balance include real meat such as salmon, chicken, and bison, which are no doubt excellent proteins necessary for the wellbeing of your dog.
However, there is some added chicken and other meat meal for added protein in certain Pure Balance products which some pet owners may find problematic.
Certain products from the Pure Balance line are grain free and have added omega fatty acids, not all are grain free which can be of concern if you are one of the dog owners who wants to limit or eliminate their pet’s intake of grain.
The Walmart pet food brand uses brown rice rather than white rice which is a definite plus, as it is much healthier for canines. No wheat, corn or soy is used as a filler for the Pure Balance foods, which is also very good news for dog parents who monitor the diets of their baby’s closely and who don’t want them to consume caloric and yet non-nutritional meals.
Overall, at this price range, the ingredients used for the production of Pure Balance dog foods are comparable to other natural balanced dog food brands.
Recall history and potential dangers
No recalls of Pure Balance dog foods have been recorded on the FDA website. Even so, there are some reviews by customers who have complained that their dogs got diarrhea and similar digestive problems after consuming Pure Balance food. So, it is a good idea to test whether your dog is not too sensitive to the food before purchasing large quantities of it.
Is Pure Balance the most suitable food for your dog?
You are getting a new dog, or are looking at different options for changing your dog’s diet? Pure Balance can be the best choice for you, or maybe it isn’t.
The answer depends on your dog’s nutritional needs, its health, its activity level, as well as on the environment.
Overall, the ingredients used for the making of the Pure Balance dog food line are way above the average, but still, every dog is individual when it comes to how it accepts, digests and reacts to a certain food.
It is always a good idea to ask your vet for advice regarding the best type or brand of food to feed your dog.
You should know though that the Pure Balance brand has passed the minimum requirements of AAFCO Pet Food Committee for dog foods, which means that it is healthy for your dog.
What are the different types of Pure Balance dog food?
Pure Balance Grain Free
Pure grain-free dog food means that there are no fillers which are usually used in low cost and low-quality pet foods. The problem with grains such as corn, wheat, and soy fillers is that they contribute to the calorie intake of the dog, but have very little nutritional value.
High-quality dog food uses pure meat and proteins for its foods, and such is the case with Pure Balance too.
The grain free Pure Balance foods include Wild and Free, Super Food and Limited Ingredient foods.
Pure Balance 95%
This is the first Pure Balance canned food line. It too is grain free. While it is considered a premium dog wet foot, it is available at a very reasonable price as compared to other high-end premium pet foods.
There are different recipes in the 95% line, including Beef and Chicken, Turkey and Chicken and only Chicken.
There are no fillers used in the Pure Balance 95% canned food line.
Pure Balance Dry Dog Food
Apart from the grain-free and 95% lines, there is a series of regular dry dog recipes offered by Pure Balance. These dry foods are corn free, and instead of this type of filler, they contain brown rice, which has some nutritional value as compared to corn.
The quality of the dry foods of Pure Balance is much higher than the average dry dog foods.
Pure Balance Canned Dog Food
This line is very similar to the 95% one, but it has higher customer ratings. It costs less and yet is of higher quality. The way to differentiate it from the 95% series is to look for the word “stew” on the can.
To help you choose the best food from the Pure Balance line, we have reviewed, tested and rated them all. Here are our top picks for the best offers by Pure Balance.
The top dog foods from Pure Balance
- Pure Balance Grain-Free Formula, Salmon & Pea Recipe
- Pure Balance Wild & Free Bison, Pea & Venison Recipe
- Pure Balance Dog Food, Lamb & Brown Rice Recipe
- Pure Balance 95%
- Pure Balance Grain-Free Small Breed Chicken & Garden
This wonderful dry food from Pure Balance is perfect for small breeds. The small-sized kibbles are filled with all the great nutrition which your favorite dog needs. They are suitable for puppies and for senior dogs as well.
The Grain-Free small breed Chicken and Garden dry food from Pure Balance has real chicken as its premium ingredient.
It contains no harmful fillers, such as corn, soy, wheat or other grains, so your doggie won’t add any extra weight, but rather it gain lean muscle and become more active as it receives all the nutrients pertinent to its health and wellbeing once you start feeding it with these grain-free small breed kibbles.
- Contains real chicken as its main ingredient
- Grain-free – no soy, wheat r corn as fillers
- All the ingredients are natural and have added minerals and vitamins to them
- The food doesn’t contain artificial additives, such as preservatives, flavors or colors
- Helps build lean muscle and improve the immune and other vital systems
- Very small kibbles suitable for even the tiniest of breeds
- Available in different packs – 11, 24 lbs. or sets of 3 or more
- No bad odor when the pack is open
- It does have chicken and turkey meal added
The Pure Balance Grain-Free Small breed chicken and garden dry dog food is perfectly sized and prepared for even the smallest breeds. It is suitable for young and old dogs. The real chicken included in the ingredients as well as all the added vitamins, minerals and died veggies will help the muscles of your pup to get leaner, so it can run, jump and enjoy life even more. The recipe is also excellent for building and strengthening your dog’s immune system which is vital for its wellbeing and overall health! It is affordable and is available in different packages. Definitely one of the best balance dry dog foods for small breeds on the market!
It is made out of very carefully selected wholefood ingredients which are essential for the proper nutrition of your dog and without any added unnecessary and often fattening and harmful grain-based fillers.
The primary ingredient is real salmon, with added peas for more natural fiber and carrots for improved eyesight.
The added minerals and vitamins, including vitamins C and E which are natural antioxidants, will help keep your dog’s heart and immune system healthy and strong.
- The first ingredient is real salmon – superb for muscle health and strengthening
- The carrots help benefit the eyesight and the peas are natural healthy fibers
- The food contains a lot of vitamins and minerals including antioxidants Vitamins E and C which are essential for your dog’s heart health and the strength of its immune system
- There are no added artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
- No corn, no soy or wheat added as fillers, so no unnecessary weight gain
- Excellent complete balanced meal for puppies, adult dogs, pregnant or lactating female dogs
- It contains salmon and fish meal which some owners may not be too happy about
This grain-free Pure Balance salmon and pea dry food is a superbly balanced dog food which is suitable for all dog breeds and ages. The pure protein from the real salmon is perfectly combined with the fiber from the peas and the beta-carotene from the added carrots.
It is offered in different sizes, and your dog will be as happy as ever to eat this pure, delicious and nutritious food on a daily basis. This dry food is excellent for muscle strengthening, for eye health and for the digestive system of your fur baby.
If your dog is particularly pretentious about its food, you should definitely try out the Pure Balance Wild and Free Bison, Pea and Venison dry dog food. The combination of ingredients creates a perfectly balanced meal for any kind of dog. Your pup will be overjoyed by these delicious kibbles, and you will be able to rest assured that you are providing your beloved pet with the best of the best dog foods too. It contains real bison as its first ingredient, which is an excellent source of protein essential for the health and well-being of your dog.
- Perfectly balanced natural ingredients
- Contains real bison and real venison
- No corn or grain fillers makes it a superb choice for dogs with food sensitivities
- Wonderful taste – will appeal to even the most pretentious pups
- Has a wide array of added vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which are essential for the immune system and the health of the heart of your dog
- Long lasting food
- No added preservatives, colors or flavors
- Available in different packaging sizes and options
- Does contain some turkey and chicken meal, so it is not 100% real meat
Dogs seem to love this Pure Balance Wild and free Bison, Pea and Venison dry food. They will be even willing to perform tricks and beg for some more of these delicious kibbles.
The ingredients are all perfectly selected to create a fully balanced and nutritious meal for dogs of all ages and breeds. The protein from the real bison and venison will help the dogs develop leaner muscles and allow them to run, jump and be more active.
The antioxidants from the added vitamins C and E will help keep your dog’s heart and immune system healthy and strong. It is an excellent option for doggies with known food sensitivities.
The peas have a lot of natural fiber which fill help your dog’s digestive and other vital systems to remain healthy and well.
Overall, this is one of the best dry food options offered by Pure Balance at an excellent price for the quality provided!
Does your dog have a sensitive stomach? Instead of trying out each and every one of the high-end dog foods to alleviate its symptoms, why not go with the reasonably priced and yet superb Pure Balance Lamb and Brown rice dog food?
This dry dog food doesn’t contain any grains and corn, so there are no fillers to cause digestive upsets. On the contrary, the ingredients used for the making of these kibbles are very carefully selected to be gentle on the stomach and alleviate any digestive problems.
It contains real lamb as a perfect and delicious source of protein for your pup. It is combined with easily digestible brown rice which contains fibers important for ensuring proper digestion and elimination. This is all combined with all other essential nutrients in the form of vitamins and minerals to keep your dog healthy, happy and well. The added omega 3 fatty acids from the poultry fat and flaxseed help keep the dog’s coat shiny, and its skin healthy.
- Real lamb is the number 1 ingredient in this food
- No grains, no corn
- Added omega 3 fatty acids for a healthy and perfectly shiny coat and healthy skin
- The fibers in the brown rice help ensure that the digestion system works well and ensure proper elimination
- Added peas, carrots and beet pulp are superb for the digestive system and the eyesight
- Perfect for dogs with digestive problems
- Added vitamins and minerals for immune health and for a well-balanced daily diet
- No artificial additives
- It does contain some lamb meal
The Pure Balance Lamb and Brown rice dry food is another superb mix of natural ingredients, which are specially selected to provide your dog with all essential nutrients and at the same time to keep it happy with the wonderful taste of these kibbles.
The real lamb meat is one of the best proteins for your pup. Also, the fibers in the added brown rice and peas will help the dog digest the food properly and eliminate the waste without any problems.
This feature makes the Lamb and Brown rice recipe especially suitable for dogs with stomach and other digestive upsets.
The omega 3 fatty acids will help make your dog’s coat even more beautiful and shiny.
No need to worry about any artificial additives or unnecessary and possibly harmful fillers if you decide to purchase the Lamb and rice Pure Balance dry dog food for your canine friend.
If you prefer to feed your beloved pet with wet food, you should definitely try out the Pure Balance 95% wet food series. Available in cans and containers in different sizes and portions, as well as in different tastes and recipes, the 95% canned food series is a top premium dog food at an amazingly affordable price.
You can choose between the delicious chicken or beef flavors, or why not opt for the variety pack which includes several cans or trays of each. This will allow your pup to enjoy a different meal every day and will make it anticipate mealtime even more.
Made of wholefood real ingredients, the wet dog food from Pure Balance is an absolute joy for dogs of all breed, ages and sizes.
- Very well balanced recipe
- Contains no corn, wheat, soy or gluten
- No added preservatives or artificial colors or flavors
- The real chicken meat is combined with peas, sweet potatoes, and gravy
- The real beef meat is mixed with sun-dried tomatoes, carrots, and gravy
- The variety pack includes 12 trays of 3.5oz each (6 chicken and 6 beef dinners)
- Can use the tray as a food bowl and then throw it away instead of washing up after meal time
- Very reasonable price for the top premium quality of the product
- The canned food comes in 3 flavors: chicken -beef, chicken-turkey and chicken
- Canned food doesn’t last as long as dry dog food
The Pure Balance wet dog food will make a perfect meal for any dog – young or old, big or small. It comes in various flavors, but all of the recipes are made of all-natural ingredients, with no added harmful fillers or artificial additives.
The wet food is available in cans or in smaller trays. The recipes include Beef, Chicken, Chicken-Turkey and Chicken -Beef.
The food is grain and gluten-free, so it is great for dogs with stomach problems or other sensitive pups.
It is offered at an excellent price for the high quality and the health benefits this wet dog food from Pure Balance provides!
While it is still relatively new on the market, Pure Balance dog food has already made a name for itself among pet owners. Dog owners are happy with the affordability, availability and the nutritious value and well-balanced recipes and ingredients of this dog food brand, and as it seems – so are the dogs, so go ahead and bring some joy with all the health benefits attached to it to your beloved dog today!
- Which are the dog shock collars you can trust in 2019?
- The 9 Best GPS Dog Collars of 2019
- 25 Largest Dog Breeds Ever – 2019
- 41 Best Small Dog Breeds – List of Top Small Dogs with Pictures
Last update on 2019-05-25 at 20:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API