Pressure cookers have been around for decades, but off-the stove electric pressure cookers are relatively new. There are many different types available but all of them cook the food under pressure which makes the cooking faster and helps preserve the nutrients and the taste of the foods.
Their capacities and functionalities can differ quite a bit, but the most important feature is safety which you should always consider with priority when looking for the perfect electrical pressure cooker.
We have tested a wide array of different electric pressure cookers, and here is our final verdict regarding the top 10 electric pressure cookers for 2021.
If you want a truly versatile electric pressure cooker, which can easily replace at least 7 other kitchen appliances and can make cooking much safer and easier, you should definitely go for the Instant Pot 7-in-1 multi-use pressure cooker.
- Versatile appliance – you can use it as a pressure cooker, a rice cooker, slow cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, warmer, and for browning/sauté
- Available in 3 sizes – 3, 6 and 8 QT
- This 6-quart multifunctional cooker can feed families of up to 6 people
- An easy to use, large control panel with 14 pre-set smart programs
- 3 temperature settings for slow cooking, sautéing, and an automatic keep-warm function
- Optional delayed cooking – you can set the timer for the next 24 hours, so you can come home to a warm, ready meal
- Manual setting of the timer for up to 120 minutes
- Features 10 tested safety mechanisms, UL and ULC certified
- One-touch control buttons
- The integrated processor will monitor and control the pressure and temperature, time the cooking, and adjust the heat levels accordingly
- Works with Alexa Skill and a free mobile app which you can use as a cooking guide, with more than 300 recipes, videos, a grocery list, a list of favorite recipes, and more
- Dual pressure feature – High-pressure cooking reduces the cooking time up to 6 times and saves 70% power, and low pressure helps cook delicate foods properly
- Made of a 3-ply, 18/8 stainless steel, and has a steam rack and lid which are all safe for food and for washing in a dishwasher
- ½ and 2/3 markings in the pot for added safety
- The lid holder is comfortable for left and right-handed people
- Removable cord for easy portability and storage
- Anti-blockage vent to keep the vent clean from food debris
- A safety lid lock
- A sensor will detect if the lid is properly locked
- Temperature monitoring will regulate temperature levels and prevent the food from overcooking or burning – so no more babysitting of the cooking is needed
- A fuse will cut off the power if dangerous temperature levels are detected
- Quiet operation and no steam or odors are released during cooking
- 6 quarts, 13.4 x 12.2 x 12.5 inches, 11.8 lbs.
- You can stack up several different meals in it to save time, power, and cleaning
- Customer care service is not as good as we wish it was
This 7-in-1 Instant Pot electric pressure cooker will easily replace 7 other kitchen appliances in your home, which will save you money, space as well as energy for washing up different utensils. You can program your cooker to prepare breakfast, lunch, or dinner for the family so that you can eat as soon as you wake up, or as soon as you get home from work. It is well made, with 10 proven safety features which will give you peace of mind when you are using this multifunctional electric pressure cooker.
If you want a multifunctional pressure cooker like the previous model, but don’t really need a home yogurt maker, you can purchase the 6-in-1 Instant Pot electric pressure cooker. It is a cheaper version, but still has all the useful programs and safety features of the 7-in-1 model.
- A 6 QT capacity is sufficient to cook several meals at once and can feed an entire family of up to 6 people
- The pot is available in smaller (3 QT) and larger (8 QT) versions as well
- Multiple functions include: pressure cooking, slow cooking, steaming, rice cooking, sautéing, warming and a useful egg and cake program
- 10 built-in programs: soup, meat, cake, sauté, egg, rice, porridge, multigrain, steam or slow cook
- The microprocessor controls the temperature level, cooking time and pressure
- Can be programmed to up to 240 minutes of cooking
- The delayed cooking function allows you to set the time for cooking up to 24 hours ahead
- Will keep the food warm for up to 10 hours
- 3 temperature levels for slow cooking or sautéing
- Large, easy to see and use display panel
- Made of safe and sturdy, fingerprint-proof stainless steel
- No chemical coating
- Has a quick and a natural release of the lid for instant or gradual stopping of the pressure cooking
- 3 ply bottom
- 10 safety mechanisms to ensure that the temperature and pressure levels are under control, that the food is not burnt, and that the lid is properly sealed, that the vent is not blocked and that the lid is not opened by accident
- Comes with a stainless steel rack, soup spoon, rice paddle, measuring cup, a recipe booklet as well as a cooking timetable and manual
- Works with Alexa and mobile app for favorite recipes, a recipe database, instructional videos, grocery list, and other useful features
- 2 x 12.2 x 12.5 inches, 11.53 lbs.
- Affordable price
- No dual pressure function
Save a ton of space and time for babysitting your cooking with the Instant Pot 6-in-1 cooker. You will no longer need to worry about rushing home and jumping into the kitchen to get dinner started. Just program the timer to a delayed start and you will come home to a ready meal which will be kept warm until dinner time. This is a versatile, safe and very effective electric pressure cooker for cooking all types of healthy and delicious meals.
Do you want to put an end to the guessing game you have been having when planning a meal time? With the Mealthy MultiPot 9-in-1 pressure cooker, you can rest assured that your cooking is going as planned and will know when the food will be ready to be served.
- A highly versatile multicooker – it combines 9 functions in 1 unit, including: pressure cooking, sauté, slow cooking, steaming, cake baking, rice cooking, pasteurizing, yogurt making and keep warm
- The added stainless steel steaming basket allows for stacking up food and cooking two meals simultaneously
- 14 easy touch pre-set programs for poultry, meat, bean or chili, soup, rice, sauté, cake, porridge, multigrain, slow cook, steam, yogurt, keep warm and pressure cooking
- Accessories include: silicone mitts, an extra silicone gasket, a steam rack, rice paddle, ladle and measuring cup, as well as a recipe booklet
- The Mealthy Mobile app includes a wide range of recipes, videos and other features
- Progress indicator will keep you informed about the status of the cooking (preheating, cooking, end) so no more guesswork
- Intuitive interface of the LCD panel
- A bright red pressure float
- Adjustable pressure level for high and low pressure cooking
- Safe and wide handle to protect the hand from the steam
- Quick reference cheat sheets will save you time
- 2 x 13.4 x 12.5 inches, 16.25 lbs.
- The inner pot is not non-stick
The Mealthy MultiPot is the perfect electric pressure cooker for any kitchen, as it will easily replace so many other appliances, pots and utensils. You can cook just about anything in it, and even bake a cake. You will have real-time information regarding the status of the cooking thanks to the useful indicator, and you get to choose from a wide variety of preset and quick access cooking programs and settings. Of course, you can manually set this pressure cooker too, so you can cook any kind of meal exactly as you want it to turn out.
Duo Plus is another multifunctional electric pressure cooker from Instant Pot, which has even more functions than you have dreamt about. It is an excellent investment and will save so much space and money from having to buy 9 different kitchen appliances instead.
- 6 QT size, but it is available in smaller and larger versions too (3 and 8 QT)
- 9 functionalities: pressure cooking, rice cooking, slow cooking, egg cooking, yogurt making, sautéing, sterilizing, warming and baking
- Gets meals cooked 70% faster with the high pressure cooking function
- 15 preset microprocessor controlled cooking programs for perfect results
- The pot, lid and inner pot and steam rack are made of safe, food grade 8/18 stainless steel – all are dishwasher safe
- 3-ply bottom of even cooking
- Included in the package: a steam rack with handles, a serving spoon, a soup spoon, a measuring cup and a recipe booklet
- A large LCD display with a heat and cooking indicator
- Light and sound indicator for power on and off
- You can sterilize your baby bottles and pasteurize milk in it
- Allows for adjustments to the cooking settings even after the cooking has begun
- Dual pressure options – high and low for fast or for delicate cooking
- Alexa skill – with access to over 300 recipes, grocery lists and other personalized functions
- 10 tested and proven safety mechanisms to regulate the temperature, the pressure, the proper functioning and the status of the cooking
- 4 x 12.2 x 12.5 inches
- 83 lbs.
- The rubber seal can absorb the smells of the food, so you may want to buy an extra one – for sweet or for savory cooking
This is possibly the greatest electric pressure cooker from Instant Pot available right now. It is so versatile, that it can easily replace 9 or more expensive kitchen appliances. You will love the fact that you can always see how the cooking is progressing, and that you can rely on the safety mechanisms to keep your home and family safe even during unattended cooking. It is easy to use, and very easy to clean, and comes with a set of useful accessories.
See also: The recommended way of fixing mushy rice
- Capacity of 6 QT is great for cooking for 2 to 6 people
- The pressure cooker cooks 70% faster than regular pots
- Multiple functionality – you can use it for pressure cooking, simmering, browning, sautéing and warming
- Cool touch handles for comfortable and safe handling
- Safe, non-stick internal pot and trivet are very easy to wash
- High and low pressure cooking options
- 1000 watts
- Safe brushed stainless steel
- The tight seal keeps all vitamins and nutrients inside of the pot for a healthier meal
- The lid is locked during the pressure cooking, and released only when the cooking is over
- The valve for pressure release can be removed for better and easier cleaning
- 2 x 12.2 x 13.2 inches, 12.57 lbs.
- The non-stick coating is less durable than stainless steel ones
The Cuisinart CPC-600 is an excellent, reliable electric pressure cooker, which will ensure that your meal is properly cooked and stays warm even if you are not at home. It is easy to set-up, and has two pressure levels to choose from depending on whether you want high quick pressure cooking or slower cooking of delicate foods at the low pressure setting. The quality of this pressure cooker is excellent, and it comes with a 3 year limited warranty.
You have a family of over 6 people and need an electric pressure pot which you can use to cook for them all at once? The Instant Pot Ultra 10-in-1 has a capacity of 8 QT and is an excellent choice for you.
- Very large capacity of 8 QT which can feed more than 6 people at once (it is available in smaller sizes too – 3 and 6 QT)
- Can replace 10 kitchen appliances: pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, cake maker, yogurt maker, egg maker, steamer, sauté, sterilizer and warmer
- An intuitive central dial for precise and easy adjustment of the temperature, time and for program selection
- A large blue LCD display
- 16 built in cooking programs
- An Ultra program for customizable precise pressure and non-pressure cooking
- Embedded microprocessor to control the pressure, temperature, time and cooking status
- 11 safety features including a new steam release reset button
- All components are made of food grade stainless steel
- A useful cooking status indicator shows whether the meal is preheating, cooking or done (warm)
- A quick release button for instant stopping of the pressure cooking
- The sterilize function is great for baby bottles as well as for canning
- Alexa Skill – access to numerous recipes, videos and other features such as personalized grocery lists, favorites and others
- 8 x 14 x 14.5 inches, 15.7 lbs.
- The instructions for changing the settings are lacking, so you may want to do some internet research for instructions by experienced users instead
This is a highly customizable electric pressure cooker, which can replace a number of big and small kitchen appliances altogether. It can be used to cook just about any type of sweet or savory meal. It has new added safety features, and is incredibly easy to set, customize and adjust, once you get the hang of it.
It is large and you can feed a whole bunch of guests with one cooking session. With the high pressure setting you will be cooking 70% faster, and thus save time and money for the electricity bills. Yet, the food will still be delicious and will have all its healthy nutrients in it too.
- Deep, non-stick cooking an
- Integrated safety features
- 6 QT capacity
- Fully automated
- Preserves all vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients as well as the flavors
- Cooks food much faster than regular or slow cooking and yet retains the same delicious taste
- Automatic keep warm feature
- You will save time and energy
- Versatile – you can use it for making all types of meals and desserts, and for canning
- 9 x 13.4 x 12.2 inches, 11.7 lbs.
- No accessories are included
The Power Cooker Pro will help you forget about cooking on your stove, microwave or using a specialized canner. You can cook delicious meals much faster in it, and yet end up with succulent, delicious and nutrient-rich meals with it.
It is easy to use if you are familiar with pressure cooking, and you will definitely be happy with this investment and with the new addition to your kitchen.
See also: Great Kitchen Optimization Hacks
- Reasonably priced
- 8 QT generous capacity size
- Available in various vibrant colors
- Has a precise and reliable thermostat to keep you and the food safe
- A convenient keep warm mode will ensure that your food is warm at all times
- Useful measurement marks in the pot
- Comes with 37 unique Wolfgang Puck recipes
- 1200 watts
- 5 x 13 x 14 inches
- 12 lbs.
- Faster cooking of food with the taste qualities of slow-cooked meals
- It is made of aluminum and Teflon, unlike the stainless steel ones
The Wolfgang Puck 8 QT pressure cooker is probably the simplest one on our list, but it is inexpensive, looks great and is easy to use. You can cook any kind of meal much faster than you would in a regular pot or in a slow cooker. Yet, the dishes you will end up with taste delicious, and still have all the essential vitamins and other nutrients you need to stay healthy and well.
It is without doubt a top choice if you are on a tight budget and are not interested in investing in a much more expensive one which has all the bells and whistles.
Not sure you will be happy with your new electric pressure cooker? Why not buy a Chefman 9-in-1 multicooker, which comes with a 30-day money back satisfaction guarantee, so that you can try it out first?
- 9 in 1 functionality can replace your slow cooker, pressure cooker, sautéing pan or soup pot and oven, your steamer and your rice cooker
- 6 Qt capacity
- 24-hour delay timer for better meal planning
- 9 built-in programs allow for high or low-pressure cooking, rice making, cooking soup, chili, beef or poultry, as well as to slow cook, sauté and steam
- Digital display and easy to set functions, temperature and time settings
- 1000 watts
- Carry handle for easy portability and a locking feature to keep the food inside when transporting it
- Cool touch design for your safety
- Has a steam rack included in the package
- Provided with access to the Club Chefman which has numerous recipes, instructions, and videos
- 30-day money back guarantee and a 1-year warranty
- 11 x 11 x 12.5 inches, 10.65 lbs.
- The instructions are not detailed and clear enough
The Chefman 9-in-1 multicooker works perfectly well as a pressure cooker. It is safe, fast, and easy to set and adjust. You can take it with you and with the food inside it safely thanks to the handle and the locking mechanism.
It is a great option when it comes to versatile electric pressure cookers, and best of all, comes with a 1-month money-back guarantee, and a 1-year warranty, so you will be making a pretty wise investment if you pick this one.
- Made by Crock-Pot
- 8 one touch meal settings – meat r stew, chili or beans, sauté or brown, poultry, yogurt, soup, dessert and multigrain
- Versatile use – allows for slow cooking, pressure cooking, browning, steaming or sautéing
- 6 QT capacity of the dishwasher safe non-stick pot
- A safe airtight locking lid which remains sealed under pressure
- Delay start timer of up to 12 hours to set the pot to start cooking before you return from work
- Keep warm setting
- Comes with a steaming rack, a serving spoon and a cook book
- Make all kinds of dishes and desserts
- Great for unattended cooking
- Digital display for the cooking time, status indicator, and for adjustments of the temperature, the time as well as the pressure
- 5 x 11.4 x 10.4 inches, 12.8 lbs.
- The rubber seal may absorb the smell of the food being cooked
This 8-in-1 Multi Use Crock-Pot is a must-have if you want a reliable, reasonably priced multifunctional device which you can use for safe pressure cooking, as well as for slow cooking, steaming or browning. It is easy to use, doesn’t make a mess or emit a smell, and is easy to wash.
A good quality safe electric pressure cooker is not a simple appliance as you can see. There are so many features that it has to have in order to ensure the safety of your home and family, and so that it can cook you delicious, nutritious, and healthy food at all times.
When you are looking for the perfect electric pressure cooker, you should first start with the budget you are ready to spend on one of these amazing appliances.
Also, pick a capacity which is the most suitable to meet your needs. The most common capacities of these units are 3,6 and 8 QT. Some models come in all sizes, and others don’t. Remember that you can fill these pots up to only 2/3, so keep this fact in mind when you are choosing a capacity for yours.
Also, you need to decide whether you want a stainless steel one or one with a non-stick interior. The stainless steel doesn’t affect the flavor of the food being cooked and is more durable than aluminum.
Of course, you need to check the safety settings and features of the pressure cooker before bringing it into your home and using it. We have specified the types of settings ensuring your safety these appliances have.
Also, you may want to pick one which has more than one pressure settings so that you can use it to cook both tough meats as well as delicate fish in it.
There are electric pressure cookers which are quite multifunctional, and others which are simpler and have less functionality, so decide whether you want a multi-cooker or just a pressure cooker.
If you prefer easy, one-touch settings – choose a model that has integrated cooking programs and options.
It is advisable to go for a pressure cooking appliance that has a delay timer function. This will allow you to set it to start cooking in the afternoon so that the food is ready and warm once you get home, or set it before bed to ensure you have warm breakfast ready as soon as you wake up.
Hopefully, you have managed to pick out your dream electric pressure cooker from our list, and can soon start enjoying the fast, less-messy, and healthier cooking experience with your new appliance right away!
- Pressure Cooking – Water helps you cook under pressure
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Pressure Cookers
Last update on 2021-06-18 at 11:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API