Portable projectors have become a thing today when people want more mobile and on-the-go solutions. With a small, easy to transport and set up projector, you can ensure that you and your family can enjoy your favorite movies or videos wherever you want. You can also use it for your business presentations, for educational needs and for just about any event where you want to show a group of people files, photos, videos, and other content.
We checked out the most popular portable projectors on the market and agreed that our overall favorite is the ViewSonic PG8000HD projector.
Kindly read on to see what this projector and our other top picks can offer you.
The ViewSonic PG800HD amazed us with its Full HD 1920 x1080p resolution capability and all of the advanced visual features it provides. This projector is suitable for office, home, school or any other settings and installations.
It can project up to 300 inches with a brightness of 5000 lumens and a contrast ratio of 50,000:1.
The ViewSonic projector offers quite amazing color accuracy thanks to its segmented color wheel with 6 sections, and the dynamic lamp control capability which results in exceptionally beautiful images especially when coming from a portable projector.
The projector is compatible with just about all types of media players, computers, Macs, mobile devices and others thanks to its variety of inputs and outputs including 2 HDMI ports, a USB, VGA, an audio port and others.
It has an intuitive PortAll compartment which can connect your wireless streaming device, your HDBaseT receiver, PC stick or others for discreet cable-free streaming.
You can set this projector up pretty easily just about anywhere. You can also adjust the 1.3x optical zoom, the vertical lens shift, the centered lens, and the vertical keystoning, so you can get the perfect projected image just about anywhere you set it.
It has an integrated speaker chamber and amplifier with dual speakers that can deliver a captivating 20Hz – 20 KHz sound range.
The projector can be set to turn on automatically as soon as a video input is detected and power off when the signal is no longer detected.
It can also be monitored and controlled remotely, and remote alerts can be received about its status by the network admin.
Along with this amazing projector, you will receive a remote control, a VGA cable, and a power cable.
It is sold with a 3-year limited warranty for the parts and labor and a 1-year warranty for the lamp, which is pretty extraordinary for a projector.
The ASUS P3B is our second best choice for 2018 when it comes to portable projectors. The unit is powered by a powerful 12,000mAh battery which allows for a full 3 hours of wireless projection. It can also be used as a power bank for your other devices when you are not using it.
Thanks to its advanced DLP technology and the LED lifespan of 30,000 hours, this compact wireless projector will be a reliable tool for all of your presentations, lectures, meetings, or for watching media content at home, as well as for whatever other use you need it for.
The ASUS portable projector has a brightness of 800 lumens and will provide you with a top quality 1280 x 800 native resolution. It also has an auto adjust keystone correction function, so the projected image will always be in focus and in the best resolution possible for the conditions.
The projector can easily fit on your palm which means you can carry it with you to work, on trips or move it around easily when needed. It weighs only 1.65lbs and is 10.1 x 11.7 x 3.2 inches large.
This portable battery powered projector by ASUS is the best in its class when it comes to a 1:1 short-throw ratio.
It is compatible with a variety of sources thanks to its HDMI/MHL and VGA ports. The projector can also playback files from your memory cards and USB devices because it has a USB port and a MicroSD card slot.
It comes with an integrated ASUS Sonic Master enhanced audio speaker of 2 Watts for authentic audio reproduction too.
You can connect it to iOS devices and Samsung devices if you purchase the necessary adapters. It is also compatible with a number of devices, operating systems, and formats.
The P3B portable projector is definitely one the most compact, brightest and most versatile devices in this class which we have tested.
Best budget-friendly choice
The budget-friendly portable projector has a Full HD resolution and comes with an upgraded TFT LCD technology of the display as well as an improved LED light source which can help reduce any diminishment in the light and offers about 80% more brightness than other projectors in this range. The LED lamp has a long life of 50,000 hours which is equivalent to using it for 10 hours every day for 10 years without the need of replacing it.
The VANKYO projector has an amazing 1920 x 1080 resolution and 1000:1 contrast.
It is equipped with just about every input and output port you will need, including HDMI, USB, VGA, AV as well as Micro SD, so you won’t be limited to the sources of content you want to connect to the device. You can connect it to your computer, phone, tablet, flash drive or use a memory card to enjoy the audiovisual content you want.
It has an integrated playing engine which can decode just about any video format and full format videos.
The two built-in cooling fans will keep the device safe from overheating but without too much distracting noise.
This portable projector can support a small and big screen from 44 – 200 inches at a distance of 4.9 to 18 feet. The shortest distance is 4.9ft., and the best viewing distance is 10ft. with a 98-inch projection size. This means you can create your own home cinema to enjoy videos with your friend and family without needing to install expensive and complicated hardware.
The small projector has two 3Watt speakers which will ensure that you get excellent sound without the need of installing external speakers.
The device is portable and weighs just about 5.5 lbs. You can mount it to the ceiling with a hanger which is sold separately if you prefer.
The inexpensive Full HD portable projector comes with a remote control, an HDMI cable, and AV cable, a carrying bag, and a user manual.
The manufacturer offers a 3-month satisfaction money back guarantee and a 3-year warranty for this excellent projector.
It is the perfect affordable portable projector for home entertainment as well as for small business presentations and needs.
- 7 Best Wireless Surround Sound Systems
- What Size TV Should You Buy?
- Top 10 Best 55-Inch TVs in 2019
- Top 10 Best 60-Inch TVs in 2019
- Top 10 Best 75-Inch TVs in 2019
- Which is the best 80 inch TV?
And here are the rest of our top picks
- Provides 3,300 lumens of white and 3,300 lumens of color brightness which is 3 times brighter than traditional projectors
- Projects images with extremely accurate and vivid colors even in very bright rooms. The accuracy is up to 3 times higher than other projectors
- Offers an XGA (1024 x 768p) resolution which is 1.5 times more than SVGA and is superb for showing the text and details projected clearly
- A 4:3 aspect ratio
- The projected size is 30 to 300 inches
- The contrast ratio is 15,000:1
- It is extremely easy and fast to set up and adjust thanks to the manual keystone correction to get the perfect rectangular projection
- The optical zoom is 1.0 – 1.2
- The lamp has 10,000 hours of life
- Has an integrated 1 Watt speaker
- Compatible with most laptops and media players
- Has HDMI and USB connectivity
- Its dimensions are 11.9 x 3.2 x 9.3 inches, and its weight is 5.5 lbs.
- Can work in temperatures from 41 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit
- It comes with a VGA and power cable, as well as a remote control, an instructional CD and quick setup instructions
- A WXGA resolution, but this projector comes also in XGA and SVGA resolution options as well
- Suitable for big screen projections – up to 120 inches from a distance of 15ft.
- 3600 lumens for an incredibly bright and colorful picture
- The SuperColor technology provides a life-like accurate image projection
- Very easy to set up and use
- The lamp can last for 15,000 hours thanks to the nifty eco mode
- Displays smooth videos and images with very low input of less than 16ms
- Works with most computers, Macs and mobile devices
- Has 2 HDMI ports, VGA, audio in and out, and other connectivity options
- The HDMI outputs are HD Blu-ray ready
- Comes with a VGA cable, a remote control and a power cable
- Its size is 4.33 x 11.57 x 8.58 inches, and it weighs 4.89 lbs.
- Sold at a very affordable price with a 1-year lamp guarantee and a 3-year factory warranty
We sincerely hope that we have helped you find the best portable projector for your specific needs. Our top picks include the best projectors which are small enough to carry around, set up and use. They are also devices which will provide you with top quality images no matter where and when you want to use them.
The projectors in our list are pretty versatile, with numerous connectivity options, so you can easily connect them to your phone, tablet, computer, media player or pretty much any other device.
We have picked projectors with excellent brightness levels, which have a long lamp life, so you won’t need to pay extra for replacements any time soon.
The best part of owning a projector like this is that you can always take it with you to work when you need it or set it up anywhere in your home to entertain your family and guests when you decide.
So, good luck with your purchase and enjoy the advantages, the mobility and the top picture quality of any one of these devices!
Last update on 2019-10-13 at 22:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API