Due to the rise in perpetrator attacks, it is crucial for you to equip yourself with a pepper spray gun so that you can buy some time to escape before any harm befalls you.
Pepper Spray Gun
After all, hijackers, rapists, carjackers, muggers, and even dangerous animals are everywhere, meaning that you are better off protected with pepper gun spray.
With that in mind, you will want to buy the best pepper gun on the market. So, what are some of the recommendations when you want to get an effective pepper gun?
Here are the top ten. Read on and avoid falling into the trap of those who sell toy guns while assuring you of selling authentic pepper spray guns.
There is an immediate stopping power due to the accurate and massive coverage when using the liquid inflammatory agent.
You can use the gun on drug suspects or violent persons since it adopts a detachable magazine that holds two separate shots for better perpetrator control.
With it, you can be sure to have a gun that will deliver accurate results since it fires the liquid spray 23 feet away at 405 MPH.
More to that, the gun includes a powerful pepper spray rated at 4 million SHU. The pepper gun is a great choice when you need a gun that will last for a long since it features a durable construction while does not require batteries.
- Liquid-only jet that acts to minimize the risks of injury.
- A detachable magazine holds two separate shots for better perpetrator control.
- The gun fires liquid spray 23 feet away at 405MPH for better accuracy.
- Durable construction and a battery-free model enhance convenience.
- Well constructed, high-quality gun.
- It delivers fast and accurate shots.
- It can shoot over a long distance.
More to that is a UV dye that leaves an invisible marker on a target. As a result, you can be sure to have an easy time when you want to identify an attacker.
The gun can dispense up to 7 sprays where it provides a 20-ft range. It uses a 10%OC pepper formula delivered from hot peppers to guarantee the expected results.
It also has an LED strobe that helps to activate the trigger and provides additional light for an accurate shot. You can expect it to come with a water cartridge that will help you familiarize yourself with it. The gun is available in black, silver, and pink colors.
- A power stream spray pattern enables the gun to deliver an accurate shot.
- Ability to dispense up to 7 sprays at a 20ft range.
- A UV dye that leaves an invisible marker on a target enables you to identify an attacker.
- An LED strobe helps to activate the trigger and provides additional light for an accurate shot.
- The gun includes a preloaded practice gun that makes it easy to practice.
- It is easy to use.
- An LED strobe light enables it to deliver accurate shots.
- A safe mode prevents accidental firing while in the pocket.
- A little bulky for the pocket.
Stop a planned attack by disabling an attacker for up to 45 minutes with the newest model of Kimber Pepperblaster II. It includes a highly concentrated pepper solution that is super hot and super effective so that you can be sure to effect a positive stop of an attacker.
You can use the gun with the assurance that it will not lose pressure over time since the concentrated spray is not pressurized like an aerosol spray.
In addition to that, you can be sure that the spray will remain effective for a long since it features a full four-year shelf life. The gun features an ergonomic grip so that it can provide a perfect and comfortable grip for any size of a hand.
More to that, it can shoot the pepper spray to 13 feet in 1/10th of a second so that it can eliminate the chances of a blowback. You can use the gun in the heat, rain, cold, or wind since it features a leak-proof design. The gun comes with a metal tin storage case making it easy to store and carry.
- A metal tin enhances safe storage.
- The gun can shoot the pepper spray to 13 feet in 1/10th of a second so that it can eliminate the chances of a blowback.
- A highly-concentrated pepper solution designed to disable an attacker for up to 45 minutes.
- Easy to use with the trigger.
- It conceals easily into the pocket.
- The gun is well made.
- It is comfortable to hold.
The spray is strong enough to cause an intense burning sensation so that it can stop an attacker from giving you time to defend yourself. You can replace the spray when it is empty, which assures you of the best value.
What’s more, is that you can shoot the stream of spray up to 20 feet away and from any angle so that you can rest assured to remain protected even from a far distance.
The gun includes a Picatinny rail that lets you attach additional accessories. More to that is an LED strobe light that lets you know when the trigger is activated while enabling you to benefit from improved accuracy.
- A Picatinny rail that lets you attach additional accessories.
- LED strobe light that allows you to know when the trigger is activated.
- An OC pepper spray is contained in a replaceable cartridge.
- It comes with a practice water cartridge.
- The gun is sturdy and well-built.
- It sprays over a long distance.
- It includes an LED light that delivers a steady on light or flash mode.
- Trigger pull is quite heavy for the first spray.
Are you looking for an affordable pepper spray gun that will require you to point and shoot without having to worry about the direction of the wind? If that is the case, then opt for Kimber PepperBlaster II.
It adopts a proprietary delivery system so that there can be no chance of blowback or drifting of pressure. As a result, you can be sure to deliver an accurate shot at all times.
Besides that, the gun delivers the projected pepper spray shot at 112MPH. This means that it will be effective even when used on a person with eyeglasses and ski masks.
On top of that, it uses a superior ingredient, which is a combination of a powerful solution of 10%OC with benzyl alcohol for viscosity.
You can get it when you need the perfect pepper gun that is easy to handle since it only weighs 4.2 pounds.
More to that, it features an ergonomic grip and a handle that fits in hand nicely to assure you of comfort when using it. The gun includes holsters that make it easy to access when you need it.
- An ergonomic grip and lightweight design make it easy to handle.
- The gun delivers the projected pepper spray shot at 112MPH to eliminate the chances of blowback.
- It includes a combination of a powerful solution of 10%OC with benzyl alcohol for viscosity.
- Holsters enhance ease of access.
- It delivers a good non-lethal force.
- The gun is compact and concealable.
- The trigger safety adds to the peace of mind.
- The gun is ergonomically designed, and it points naturally.
- The gun provides for two shots only.
With an ability to blast out pepper spray up to 13 feet in 1/10th of a second, this is the pepper spray gun to get when you want to eliminate the chances of blowback or the loss of pressure.
With it, you can be sure to reduce the chances of contaminating anyone else rather than the target.
What’s more, is that the gun helps you to incapacitate an assailant with eyeglasses and ski masks.
The reason is the exceptional OC mixture that blasts out at 90 mph so that you can stop the attacker before he/she defends himself. You can get the gun when you need a pepper gun that is easy to use since it only requires you to point and shoot.
However, note that the gun is not reusable. So, you should dispose of it off when you discharge both shots.
- The gun blasts outs the pepper spray at 90 mph to reduce the chances of a blowback.
- An exceptional OC mixture assures you of disabling an assailant for 45 minutes.
- It fires fast.
- Good esthetics.
- The gun is compact and handy.
- It includes an ergonomic pistol grip.
- It provides two shots only.
- The spray effect is not long-lasting.
On the seventh spot is the Salt Supply pepper spray gun which is a perfect choice when you want to benefit from the non-lethal protection of a pepper spray gun with an accuracy of a traditional firearm.
This gun comes in the form of a kit that includes ten pepper spray rounds, a lockable case, ten practice rounds, a user manual, and one magazine.
As a result, you can be sure to have a pepper gun that is easy and convenient to use, even for beginners.
You can get this pepper gun when you are in need of a pepper spray gun that will offer a long protection distance.
The reason is that it can hit targets that are 150 ft away while it features a 6-10 ft protection distance while using the normal pepper spray.
In addition to that, you can get the kit when you need a military strength product having in mind that the self-defense kit is proven safe and reliable by several agencies.
The gun does not produce a loud bang or a violent kick when fired, making it a perfect choice when you need a gun that is easy to use. It comes while accompanied by a pepper spray that has a 5-year shelf life so that you can get it with an assurance of reliability and durability.
- Kit includes ten pepper spray rounds, a lockable case, ten practice rounds, a user manual, and one magazine to enhance ease of use.
- 5-year shelf life of pepper spray enhances convenience and reliability.
- Gun doesn’t produce a loud bang or a violent kick to enhance ease of use.
- The gun is easy to use.
- It delivers accurate shots.
- The pepper spray has a long shelf life.
- The gun fires quietly. So it does not scare the untargeted.
- It offers a long range of protection due to a long shooting distance.
- It is quite expensive.
- The large grip might not be comfortable for small hands.
For the perfect value, you might want to get this double pack from Mace. The pepper spray gun kit consists of two spray guns and six refill canisters. Among the six cartridges are two water practice cans and four police-strength pepper spray cans. As such, you can get the package for use by someone who is training to use a pepper gun.
Something else that makes the gun suitable for use by an inexperienced pepper gun user is the strobe light. This helps you to aim at the attacker while letting you disrupt their vision to buy you some time to deliver a perfect shot.
You can get the gun with the assurance of disabling an attacker, thanks to the 10% OC pepper formula. Also, you can be sure to have an easy time identifying a perpetrator due to the invisible UV-identifying dye.
- An invisible UV-identifying dye makes it easy to recognize the attacker.
- A 10% OC pepper formula that is strong enough to disable a perpetrator.
- The bundle contains two spray guns, two water practice cans, and four police-strength pepper spray cans to enhance convenience.
- An LED strobe light helps you to aim correctly and disrupt the attacker’s vision.
- Reasonable price.
- The gun is easy to use due to the strobe light.
- The included practice water cans make it easy to learn.
- The guns are quite big hence cumbersome to use with small hands
If you are looking for an ideal pepper gun for self-defense, then you should opt to go with the Firestorm JPX 4 pepper spray gun. It is designed for less lethal self-defense where it can hold four separate pepper spray canisters.
You can shoot these canisters 23 feet away at 590FPS. As such, you can be sure of a little possibility of blowback, if any.
You can carry this pepper gun in your car as a self-defense tool since it is not considered a firearm by ATF.
The gun comes with OC cartridges made of a high-grade OC solution that is hot but not strong enough to kill a perpetrator. In addition to that, it comes with a case that makes it easy to store when not in use.
- The gun can shoot canisters 23 feet away at 590FPS to reduce the chances of blowback.
- The gun is not considered a firearm by ATF hence a perfect choice when you need a self-defense tool.
- A high-grade OC solution renders it effective in attacking a perpetrator.
- A storage case makes it easy to put away when not in use.
- The trigger is easy to operate.
- It gives instant access to four separate shots of pepper spray.
- The spray does not blow back even in the strong wind.
How to pick a pepper spray gun
Now that you have an idea of the top 10 pepper spray guns, what factors should you consider so that you can determine the most appropriate gun?
Here are some of these factors. Keep reading to get an idea.
The number of shots in a row
How many shots can the gun deliver before disposing of or replacing the cartridge? Note that there are guns that can provide as little as two shots while others can deliver up to 8 shots.
If you want to get a pepper spray gun that will help you defend yourself from more than one individual, you might want to get one that can deliver more shots.
How long can the gun dissipate the pepper spray? This is yet another factor that you will need to pay attention to if you want to get nothing but the perfect pepper spray gun.
After all, you want to get a gun that will help you deliver the expected results. Therefore, based on your situation or previous experience, you will want to determine the maximum shooting range that you will need the gun to cover so that you can select the best.
A quick tip to doing this is getting a gun with a longer shooting range. That way, you can be sure to get a powerful gun that will let you defend yourself from an attacker who is at a distance of 20+feet.
Refillable or a disposable type
Pepper spray guns are available in two main types; the refillable type and the disposable type. The refillable type is a gun that comes with a replaceable cartridge, where you can replace the pepper spray after the depletion of the first.
On the other hand, the disposable type is that which requires you to dispose of it as soon as the shots are over. Hence, it is not intended for long time use. You will need to weigh the value that each of these guns delivers.
Note that a refillable type is expensive, but it will give you a long service life. On the other hand, a disposable gun is not very expensive, but it will not serve you for a long period.
Type of spray the gun uses
Pepper sprays are available in different forms, including fog, stream, gel, foam, among others.
As such, you will need to determine the spray type your gun should use for you to pick the best. Let’s have a brief look at these types so that you can determine the type of gun to get:
Stream pepper spray
The stream type of spray is great when you want to cover a long distance. It delivers great range, but it may require you to aim directly at the face since it requires longer exposure for it to be rendered effective.
Besides that, the spray is great when used even under windy circumstances since it propels at a high velocity to reduce the chances of blowback. The spray is a great choice for outdoor areas to eliminate the chances of you having to inhale it.
Foam pepper spray
The foam type of spray is quite similar to the gel type, only that it covers a smaller distance. The spray is ideal for indoor use since it acts to coat the face so that you can buy some time to run away.
Fogger pepper spray
Unlike the stream spray that delivers long-distance coverage, the fogger spray is not the best for long distances.
However, it does not require accurate aiming since it is inhaled fast to deliver the desired results. The only drawback of this spray is that it is not the greatest for windy conditions since the fine droplets can be blown back to you.
Gel pepper spray
This type is for those who need pepper spray for an indoor setting. It can cover a long distance while it sticks to the proprietor without causing any splash.
FAQ About Pepper Spray Guns
What are the advantages of pepper spray guns?
Pepper spray guns have two advantages over traditional pepper spray. The first is that it allows for a more accurate shot, making accidental discharge and collateral damage less likely. This may be true if an attacker in a crowd reacts differently to the pepper spray weapon than they might with liquid or gas-based pepper sprays.
Secondly, for those who are faint of heart – the gun enables them to preserve their sense of distance against attackers while still being able to defend themselves effectively.
Do you need a license to carry a pepper spray gun on your person?
In some locations, people under the age of 16 may not use pepper spray guns. In others, gun users must be at least 18 years old or have an adult permission slip signed by their legal guardians. Anyone that wants to carry a pepper spray firearm, should first make sure that carrying it is entirely legal.
How do I use a pepper spray gun?
To use a pepper spray gun, you will need to equip it with an assailant deterrent using a projectile device (usually CO2). Aim and fire when the perfect opportunity presents itself and your attacker is within range.
Are pepper spray guns effective?
Pepper spray guns are effective when used properly. Most people are surprised to learn that a pepper spray gun fires an actual projectile. The canister is propelled out of the device at a high velocity, typically between 185 and 500 feet per second.
Pepper spray guns have been used in law enforcement for many years, as well as by private citizens. Like any weapon, they must be used with care.
You must have it within your reach at all times for quick use. Studies show that most criminals do not plan their crimes extensively, and many of them are completed in less than a minute. Your gun may be the best protection you can find if attacked by an armed robber or rapist.
The most effective way to use a pepper spray gun is against one person that you’re trying to restrain or disable but has managed to escape your grip or repeatedly comes back for more even after you have sprayed him with OC.
The second-most effective way is against a crowd that’s acting up; this technique can scatter them so they lose momentum, and often break their contact with each other too (like if they were beating on someone).
How to choose the best pepper spray gun for personal self-defense?
It is advisable to go for a pepper spray gun with UV Dye Marker. It helps people be aware of your presence and can identify the culprit easily.
Choosing the best pepper spray for self-defense is an important consideration and personal safety should be your top priority. Before you purchase a self-defense product, it is necessary to determine how far your target will be and what level of force we are talking about. If someone means harm towards you, they may only be a few feet away while using pepper spray against them from five or six feet away may not work as well.
When choosing between different types of pepper sprays, look at the range that each manufacturer claims that their product can reach. You want to make sure that any weapon that you use for self-defense where there could mean life or death doesn’t have too much risk associated with it including misplaced shots and inadvertent exposure to loved ones.
What are the advantages of using pepper spray guns against handheld weapons?
One of the biggest advantages is that pepper spray guns are designed to incapacitate an aggressor.
In a confrontation, whether you’re dealing with someone who’s aggressively intimidating or trying to physically take something from you, it may be hard for some people to incapacitate their aggressive assailant without inflicting serious harm.
Pepper spray dispenses a sticky liquid containing oleoresin capsicum and related natural products over a long distance, which maximizes its effect on the target. This provides distance between yourself and the aggressor while they are incapacitated. In this way, carrying pepper spray can allow you to defend yourself against threats safely without using lethal force – which could save your life or the life of another person.
Also, check our top choices for pepper sprays
Safety is paramount to everyone, whether you are a law enforcement officer or an ordinary citizen. Because of that, it is crucial that you remain protected with our pepper spray guns. So, be sure to consider these products even while on a budget since there is a product for each one of you.