If you want to enhance your home movie theater viewing experience without spending thousands of dollars on a large-sized TV, a mini projector is a perfect option for you.
Best Mini Projectors
These devices are small-sized, affordable, easy to set up, and are portable, so you can take them camping or traveling with you.
It comes as no surprise that devices like our top favorite Epson VS350 mini projector are gaining popularity these days and that there is such a wide variety of mini projectors available on the market. This is why we have carefully reviewed and tested a number of these portable and pico projectors and have handpicked our absolute favorite 10 mini projectors for you.
The Epson VS350 mini projector is only 11.9 (W) x 9.3 (D) x 3.2 (H) inches and is our overall top pick for a compact-sized projector for 2021.
It offers a superb XGA resolution of 1024 x 768p which is 1.5 times more than the SVGA resolution. The resolution of the Epson projector makes it suitable for projecting very text heavy presentations, and also allows for the easy viewing of all the small details in images and text no matter whether the room is well lit or dark.
The Epson VS350 is in fact about three times brighter than other mini projectors, as it has 3,300 lumens of color and 3,300 lumens of white brightness, which is absolutely amazing for a device as small as this.
This small-sized portable projector also has colors which are more accurate and vivid than the majority of other projectors in the market.
The aspect ratio of the projected image by this device is 4:3, and its contrast ratio is a stunning 15,000:1.
The Epson VS350 is very simple and easy to set up and adjust. It has a manual keystone correction option which will help you achieve the perfect rectangular projection.
The device has an optical zoom of 1.0-1.2, and its lamp has a life of 10,000 hours. The replacement bulbs for this model are very affordable, and you can find economy options for as little as $40.
The mini projector by Epson is compatible with just about all types of computers, laptops, media players, and other devices. It has HDMI and USB ports for enhanced connectivity options.
The unit also has a 1 Watt integrated speaker which will add the sound you need for your presentation or a projection while traveling, at work or on-the-go.
The projector is great both for indoor and outdoor use and can operate at temperatures ranging from 4 up to 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
Overall, we strongly recommend this projector by Epson to anybody looking for a small-sized and yet top-quality portable projector that offers incredibly bright, vivid, accurate colors and a crisp and detailed image. It is excellent for traveling, for work or school, as well as for home theater use and other entertainment purposes.
Our second favorite mini projector so far for 2021 is an older model, but it is still an exceptional choice. The LG PH550 Minibeam has an HD 1280 x 720 resolution and offers wireless connectivity with Android and Windows-enabled devices.
The device itself is wireless and is powered by a battery with a runtime of 2.5 hours. This means that you can take it with you when you go out, on a business meeting or to a house party and not worry about plugging it in in order to show your colleagues or friends the content that you want.
The brightness level of the PH550 Minibeam projector is up to 550 lumens. The contrast ratio is 100,000:1, so you will be able to see every single detail on the screen.
The size of this compact device is 4.3 x 6.9 1.7 inches, and its weight is just 1.43 lbs.
Thanks to the built-in mirroring function, you can easily connect it to your smartphone or other mobile device and project the content directly from them. You can also use the USB drive to display documents, pictures, and media content.
The LG mini projector also has Bluetooth connectivity allowing you to stream audio content from the mini projector directly to your soundbar, speaker, headphones, or other Bluetooth enabled audio system.
The LED lamp has a massive life of 30,000 hours, which means that you will be using the projector for at least a decade.
The LG PH550 is sold with a nifty carry pouch which makes it even more suitable for traveling and for taking it with you to work or wherever you want.
It is a tad larger than the smallest projectors on the market, but given the quality image, the huge contrast ratio and its numerous connectivity options, this projector is definitely worth investing in.
The projector from LG has an HDMI, USB, and composite video inputs as well as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and coaxial connectivity.
Overall, this portable projector is an excellent option if you need a device which you can take camping or to an outing with you without worrying about finding a power outlet. It offers HD quality and a supreme contrast ratio. Even though it is not as bright as some of the other projectors on this list, the LG Electronics PH550 is definitely an exceptional choice if portability and versatile connectivity are what you are aiming for.
Best budget-friendly option
The top budget-friendly mini projector for this year is this wonderful compact Apeman mini portable projector. It costs a fraction of what other projectors of this size and category do, and yet is a reliable, easy to use and good quality device.
The Apeman mini projector has a brightness of 3500 lumens and supports HD 1080p resolution quality content. It offers 2000:1 contrast ratio and will become the perfect addition to your own home theater, allowing you to watch your favorite movies and other content on a larger screen.
The projection size can be adjusted from a 34 inch diagonal to a huge 180 inches. With the help of the keystone correction option, you can ensure that the projected image is a perfect rectangle.
You can also pick the ratio you prefer between 4:3 and 16:9 for an even more satisfying viewing experience. The projection distance range is 3-12 feet, and the recommended distance is from 3 to 9 feet from the screen. You can place it on any surface, on a tripod and even mount it to your ceiling, depending on your preferences.
This affordable projector has multiple connectivity options including HDMI, USB, VGA, AV, and MicroSD, which means that you can connect just about any computer or another device to enjoy top-quality projections. In fact, you can connect just about all computers, laptops, tablets, game consoles, and smartphones to it. It is also compatible with Chromecast and TV Box.
You can ensure that the projector has wireless connectivity if you plug in a Wi-Fi dongle as well.
Thanks to its highly efficient cooling system, the bulb life can reach 45,000 hours, and all this without any distracting noise from the cooling fans. This means that you can watch the content of your choice for over a decade continuously and for much more if you use the mini projector for several hours a day.
The Apeman mini portable projector has two integrated speakers and is the perfect option for enjoying watching the movies or other content of your choice even in dark conditions without hurting or tiring your eyes as a regular screen would.
Apart from the fact that you can purchase this excellent projector for less than $100, you will also receive a 30-day refund or replacement guarantee and a 1-year warranty for it by Apeman. The package includes a remote control, a power cable, an HDMI cable, an AV 3 in 1 cable and a user manual.
And here are the rest of the best mini projectors for 2021
- It has a screen projection size range of 30 to 120 inches superb for multiplayer gaming, as well as for movie viewing
- Specially designed for Nintendo Switch, but you can use it with your laptop, tablet or smartphone as well
- A luminance of 1200 lumens
- A resolution of 854 x 480p
- A 1000:1 contrast ratio
- The projection ratio is 16:9
- The rechargeable battery provides 4 hours of display per charge
- You can use it to charge your phone as well
- Offers HDMI and lightning cable connectivity, as well as 2 USB 3.0, a USB Type-C ports, and a 3.5mm audio line out
- No wires, no need for power outlets, this projector is completely portable
- You can use it plugged in if you prefer, you can also charge it at 12V in your car when you are camping or traveling
- Integrated dual speakers for excellent stereo sound and audio quality with an output of 5 Watts
- The size of the device is 6.69 x 3.35 x 3.27 inches, and it weighs 1.76 lbs.
- Sold with a free travel bag
Related article: Most Wanted 4K Projectors in 2021
- It costs less than $100
- LED brightness of 2400 lumens
- Offers 40- 60% more brightness than other projectors in this range
- It supports a 1920 x 1080 resolution
- The contrast ratio is 2000:1
- The aspect ratio can be adjusted to 4:3, 16:9 and Auto for the finest viewing experience
- The lamp life is 40,000 hours
- The projected display size range is 32 – 176 inches
- The projection distance is 4.9-16.4 feet, but the recommended distance for perfect viewing is 6.5 feet
- Keystone adjustment for a rectangular shape of the projected display
- It offers HDMI, USB, VGA, AV, TV Box, TF Card and MicroSD connectivity
- Can be connected to most game consoles, smartphones, TV sticks, and other devices
- Thanks to a special noise suppression system you won’t be bothered by the noise of the cooling fans
- It has two integrated speakers for stereo audio
- The projector has two focusing options – via the focus ring and the lens hood
- It comes with a great looking carry bag for traveling and storage
- Its size is 7.9 x 5.9 x 3.1 inches, and its weight is 2.12 lbs.
- The device works at 100 and 220 volts so you can use it at home and abroad
- Sold with a 3-year money back warranty
If you are looking for a true pico projector which will literally fit on the palm of your hand, the Insignia Reverb is most definitely an option which you shouldn’t pass by.
- It uses DLP image technology for a crisp picture
- Its dimensions are 2.6 x 5.6 x 5.6 inches and weighs 1.56 lbs.
- A brightness of 100 lumens
- A projected display size of up to 100 inches in diagonal
- Thanks to the built-in amplifier by Yamaha, you will be able to enjoy a rather impressive sound for such a petite device
- You can also use it as a standalone speaker
- Cable-free, the projector is powered by a battery with a runtime of up to 120 minutes
- Has HDMI connectivity as well as Bluetooth and a headphone jack
- It is sold with an HDMI cable, a Micro-HDMI to Mini-HDMI adapter and a power adapter as well as a nifty carrying pouch
- An amazing native resolution of 1280 x 800p
- Utilizes DLP Technology by Texas Instruments
- Has the ability to upscale lower quality content to 1080 HD
- A brightness of 700 lumens which provides excellent color accuracy and a vivid and bright picture
- A 10,000:1 contrast ratio
- The life of the LED lamp is about 20,000 hours
- It has a very short throw ratio of just 0:8:1 so you can project from a very close distance which is great for tight spaces
- It has various connectivity options including HDMI, USB, 3.5mm Audio, MicroSD
- You can also mirror content from your phone or another device via MHL to the projection screen
- It features a built-in document reader so you can project DOC, PDF, and other text files directly from a USB thumb drive or MicroSD card without the use of a laptop, phone or another device
- Excellent both for home and for work use great option for gamers thanks to its lightning response time, vivid colors and superb contrast
- It comes with a remote control but it is effortless to adjust and navigate via the control menu on the device itself as well
- Quiet operation won’t distract you from your viewing experience
- An included lens cap to keep the lens safe and scratch free
- A sleep timer function will save energy and prolong the bulb life
- It is sold in black and red versions
- The nebula capsule provides remarkable contrast and perfect clarity of the picture
- Uses DLP IntelliBright algorithms
- A resolution of 854 x 480, and a display ratio of 16:9
- The projected image can be up to 100 inches in diagonal
- A brightness of 100 ANSI lumens
- An integrated omnidirectional 360-degree speaker with a 5-watt output
- The device can be used as a standalone speaker too
- Runs on Android 7.1 and can seamlessly stream content from YouTube, Netflix, and other streaming services
- You can connect it to streaming devices, Blu-ray players, and game consoles via HDMI and mirror content on the screen of your laptop, phone or tablet on the projected display, the device also has a USB port
- It also has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- It is very portable, as it is the size and shape of a soda can and weighs only 15 oz. – perfect for camping, backpacking, and traveling
- The battery provides 4 hours of continuous video playtime and up to 30 hours of audio playtime per charge
- It comes with a dedicated mobile app for Android and for iOS to control the device via your phone or another device
The Epson Home Cinema is not exactly a pico projector, but it is still relatively small and portable and provides a rich and brilliant picture – perfect for a home movie theater.
- A brightness of 3000 lumens for both white and color
- Uses an LCD technology
- Provides a WXGA widescreen home movie theater experience and a native aspect ratio of 16:10
- It can project images of up to 300 inches in diagonal
- A contrast ratio of 12000:1
- A 1.20:1 zoom lens ratio
- The lamp life is 4,000 hours and 5,000 hours in Eco mode
- The size of the unit is 9.21 x 11.69 x 3.11 inches, and it weighs 5.29 lbs.
- Energy Star certified
- Integrated speaker with a 2Watt output
- It has 2 USB ports, an HDMI, VGA, S-video ports and video and audio jacks
- Has both horizontal and vertical keystone correction for a perfectly rectangular image
- Sold with a 2-year warranty
- A native resolution of 854 x 480 (FWVGA) and a supported one of 1600 x 1200p
- An aspect ratio of 16:9, and a supported ratio of 4:3
- The rechargeable lithium-ion battery has a runtime of up to 4 hours per charge
- You can also use the projector as a power bank to charge your phone or another device
- A brightness of 200 ANSI lumens
- The lamp life is 20,000 hours
- Connectivity options include HDMI, MHL for video, audio and HDCP and USB
- A compact size of 4.7 x 4.3 x 1.2 inches which means you can carry it in your bag or even in a large pocket
- Very light weight of just 0.77 lbs. which makes it perfect for traveling and to take with you to work or when enjoying time outdoors
- A contrast ratio of 2000:1
- It can project a picture with a diagonal of up to 100 inches
- A 1X optical zoom
- The LED light switches on immediately, so no need to wait for it to warm up
- An integrated speaker eliminates the need to use other audio systems for sound
- It has three pre-integrated picture modes – standard, bright and Eco
- It can be used both in the US and abroad as it supports 100 – 240 Voltage
- A great option for small rooms as well as well-lighted rooms
Benefits of using a mini projector
Pico and other portable projectors have an obvious benefit of being small-sized, light, portable and relatively affordable devices. They have a number of other benefits as well.
Here is what to look forward to when you buy a mini projector:
- They have a customizable screen size which means that you can watch a large sized image projected on a wall or screen, or choose to adjust it to a smaller size if you are in a tight space. This is something you can’t do with a TV
- You can enjoy huge images without having to pay for the very expensive ultra-large TVs. Many mini projectors can project images sized 100 and even 200 inches in size. This means that you will get a movie theater-like experience without spending thousands of dollars for a large-sized TV
- Projectors are better for your eyes than regular displays. Watching a projected image is actually much more comfortable and safe than watching TV or viewing media on your computer, tablet, or phone screen. Not only are the images projected larger, so you can see them better, but also reflected light is much easier on the eyes than emitted light
- The small size is a definite plus. Some pico projectors can easily fit in your pocket, bag or in the palm of your hand. This makes them perfect for traveling, camping and for taking them with you wherever you go. Also, you don’t have to worry about the projector taking up a large footprint and a lot of space in your home or room
- The fact that these small-sized projectors are so compact and light makes them perfect for portability. You can easily use them for outdoor viewing, take them to work with you or enjoy watching your favorite content on a big screen when you go on a trip
- Last but not least, the price of these nifty devices is definitely a huge benefit, especially when compared to large-sized In fact, the cost to benefit ratio of these mini projectors is excellent, so you don’t have to worry about the investment you will be making when you purchase one of these amazing compact projectors
More people are looking for portable mini or pico projectors as a cheaper and more compact alternative to widescreen high-resolution TVs for their home theaters. These small-sized projectors are also gaining popularity thanks to their easy portability, which allows for easy transport and use when enjoying time camping, traveling or just hanging out outdoors.
We have carefully reviewed a number of mini projectors for you, and have come up with an ultimate top mini projector list for 2021.
Hopefully, you were able to find the perfect small-sized projector for your specific needs, and pretty soon you will be able to enjoy all of the benefits of owning such a portable, compact and customizable device which is easy to set up and use.
- Best Pellet Smoker Reviews 2021: Top 5+ Recommended - May 26, 2021
- The Best Pillow for Stomach Sleepers in 2021 - April 24, 2021
- 7 Best Travel Hair Dryers to Buy in 2021 - April 24, 2021
Last update on 2021-06-18 at 02:14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API