The Merkur Stalwaren Solingen Company is the worldwide leader in the shaving equipment industry ever since it was established back in 1896.
After a lot of tests and interviews with barbers and wet shavers, we have come up with our list of the top best Merkur razors for you.
Along with our top pick – the Classic MK-34C, we have chosen several other double edge safety razors, which will save you a lot of money and will provide you with the smoothest and closest shaving experience you have had.
This brilliant razor has an extra-thick and short handle and a heavy head, which makes it easy to hold and maneuver, and which will ensure that you get a close, safe and perfect shave every time.
Thanks to the double edge razor blades and the design of the MK-34C, it is the razor itself that will do most of the work when you are shaving. It allows for the closest possible shave but without the skin irritation, which comes from multi-blade shaving.
Also, the double edge blades are of the highest quality and are very durable, and their replacements are affordable, so you won’t have to break the bank when you have to purchase new ones. You will receive a sample blade with this razor.
It is easy to use for wet shaving. All you need to do is apply the lather to your skin, hold the Merkur razor at a 30-degree angle, and proceed with the shaving.
This two piece razor is made by the famous Solingen based company and is commonly referred to as the Heavy Duty razor. Its large head allows for a very comfortable and close shave.
When you start using this razor for wet shaving, you will say goodbye to skin irritation, ingrown hairs, and you will be able to enjoy the true pleasure of shaving.
The blade is easy to load and remove, and the razor features the classic Merkur closed comb with a straight head design.
It has a knurled handle which is easy to grip and is non-slip. Depending on your preferences, you can also get it in polished chrome, matte stainless and in gold colors.
The razor is 3.28 inches long, and its handle has a 0.46-inch diameter and a length of 3.04 inches. The weight of the razor is 2.72oz.
We love the feeling of this razor in the hand and on the skin, and the way it almost navigates itself while as providing the closest and smoothest shave we have experienced.
With this safety razor, you will save tons of money because it will last a lifetime, and the replacement blades are inexpensive and recyclable.
The MK-34C is the perfect razor for any man who appreciates traditional wet shaving with a safety razor and will be the best gift to give a loved one for any occasion.
It has an extra-long handle and features a 2-piece closed comb design, but is also available with a handle with a standard length as well.
It works with double edge single blades and can be easily adjusted in accordance with your needs.
You can change the blade angle by twisting the knob on the base of the razor which will result in either a narrower or a wider gap between it and the safety bar. The lesser the tension of the blade, the wider the gap will be and the closer the shave will be.
The blade can be adjusted in 5 different angles and positions for individual fine-tuning of the closeness of your shave.
The Progress Merkur razor comes in two styles – with an extra-long handle and with a standard one.
The head of the Progress is 1.63 x 1 inch, and the standard handle length is 3.125 inches with a diameter of 0.438 inches, and it weighs 3 oz. If you have larger hands you may want to pick the longer handle version which has the same diameter but is 1.625 inches longer and is a tad heavier.
The handles of both versions of this razor have rib designed spans to ensure a steady grip even with wet hands.
Both the handle and the neck of the razor are brass plated.
The loading of the blades in the razor head is very easy and straightforward, and so is the blade gap adjustment.
With this razor, as well as with all Merkur razors there is no need to apply too much pressure, as the razor itself will provide the pressure need for a precise close shave.
You can adjust the closeness and aggressiveness of the shave in accordance with your skin type or the part of the face, neck or body you are currently working on.
With a razor like the Progress, you can forever say goodbye to uneven shaves, irritated skin, unsightly bumps, and ingrown hairs, as well as spending hundreds of dollars on expensive cartridges.
Made from Solingen steel, this safety razor will last you a lifetime if cleaned and taken care for properly.
Best budget choice
This razor which is also known as the Merkur 180 has a comfortable to hold 3.87-inch extra-long handle and is very light in weight, so you can easily achieve a close shave without any irritation or cuts. If you prefer, you can get it with a standard handle which is 3.01 inches long too.
The overall weight of the long handle version is 2.12 oz. and of the standard handle version is 1.98 oz. The overall length of the former is 4.16 inches and of the latter is 3.33 inches.
The Classic razor features a straight cut and comes with either a closed or open comb head which can fit any standard double edge blade. The open comb versions are perfect for men who have heavy or tough beards.
The Classic razor comes with a shiny chrome finish and has a non-slip knurled design of the handle to keep the razor safely and steadily in your hand even when it is wet.
The 23C safety razor is the classic razor for men with large hands and is one of the most aggressive double edge safety razors available on the market, which means that you will always get that clean close shave wherever you are with the help of this affordable Merkur razor.
This is, in fact, one of the most popular and best-selling lines in the double edge safety razor market.
Its 3-piece design allows for easy cleaning and maintenance of the razor.
This inexpensive Merkur razor will change your shaving experience forever, in a way that you will never want to go back to using a cartridge razor ever again.
And here are the rest of our top picks for 2021
- It is recommended for people with more experience with wet shaving
- An easy to clean 2-piece design
- Features a slant bar head for a closer shave
- Nicknamed the “sledgehammer” due to its 4-inch length and 79-inch handle and added weight (3.99 oz.) which makes shaving easier and more precise
- It comes in a version with a standard handle of 3.04 inches, an overall length of 3.28 inches, and a weight of 2.79 oz.
- The handle is knurled and slip-proof for a safe and precise shaving experience
- Come with a beautiful chrome finish
- Compatible with all double-edged blades
- Will help prevent razor bumps, ingrown hairs, and skin irritation
- Made in Solingen, Germany
Related – Best Beard Trimmers in 2021
- A high-quality brown leather Dopp toiletry bag with one large compartment and 2 storage areas with zippers as well as an expandable pocket for larger accessories
- The bag has a waterproof lining which is easy to clean and will prevent leakage
- The dimensions of the bag are 10 x 3 x 6 inches
- It comes with a 20-inch long handle for carrying and hanging it
- The kit also includes a Merkur #23001 double edge safety razor with an extra-long handle for a better grip
- Also included are 10 double edge razor blades
- You will also get a 21mm knot pure badger shaving brush and a bar of GBS All natural Ocean driftwood shaving soap, a GBS Bloc, and a stainless steel shaving bowl with a diameter of 3.1 inches
- The MK-23001 razor included in the kit is a 3-piece razor with a length of 4 inches and a weight of 2.15 oz., a stylish chrome finish and a diamond patterned knurling slip-proof handle
- The razor and everything included in the kit is the perfect starters package for a beginner in wet shaving
We have picked the best Merkur razors for 2021, which are suitable for beginners and for experienced wet shavers. Hopefully, you have found the perfect one to get for yourself or as a gift to a loved one.
Whichever Merkur razor you pick, you can rest assured that it is sturdy, beautiful and will last a lifetime. It will also save you loads of money for cartridges and for disposable plastic razors, plus you will help the environment too!
Some of our top picks are 2-piece and others are 3-piece razors. We have chosen one with an adjustable head gap, and others which are less aggressive. All of them are made of the renowned Solingen steel.
So, there is a suitable Merkur double edge safety razor for just about anybody on our list.
Enjoy your purchase and the most pleasant and efficient shaving experience you have ever had with one of these amazing razors.
- Kombucha – Ingredients, Health Benefits, and Risks - January 29, 2021
- What is HEPA Air Purifier? - January 29, 2021
- Air Purifiers – The Complete Guide - January 29, 2021
Last update on 2021-03-06 at 15:43 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API