If you feel all stressed out when you hear the loud, piercing sound of your alarm every morning, you should try out the relatively new but very popular light alarm clocks. With a good quality light alarm clock like the Philips HF3520, you will wake up feeling relaxed and energized every morning instead.
Light Alarm Clock
These clocks simulate sunrise and wake you up gradually, gently, and naturally.
We have tested and rated a number of these devices and have come up with our top light alarm clock list for 2021 for you.
The Philips HF3520 Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock with colored sunrise simulation as well as sunset fading night light is our definite favorite for 2021. It is a gadget which will help improve your overall wellbeing by ensuring that you get enough sleep and feel energized when you get up in the morning.
This best-selling alarm clock has actually been clinically proven to benefit the wellbeing and the feeling of being refreshed as soon as it is time to wake up in the morning.
The light alarm clock will help you go to sleep faster via its dimming sunset light and the relaxing sounds. In the morning, the clock will stimulate the gradual soothing lights of a natural sunrise and will play one of 5 wake-up sounds or turn on the FM Radio to wake you up.
The nifty alarm clock has a one-tap snooze function if you decide to spend a few more minutes in bed before starting off the new day.
The Philips HF3520 has a PowerBackUp+ feature which will store and maintain all of the settings and alarms for up to 8 hours in case of a power failure, so you don’t have to worry that you will be late for work or school no matter the circumstances.
The light alarm clock by Philips has 20 different light brightness settings to choose from. It will turn on the light about 20-30 minutes prior to your set alarm and will begin increasing it until it is time to wake you up.
The light alarm clock has a light of a maximum of 200 lux and long life of the bulb, so you won’t need to replace it for years to come.
Apart from the colored sunrise stimulation this clock will sound a natural alarm sound of your choice or turn on the radio when it is time to get up. If you decide to spend another 9 minutes in bed all you need to do is give it a tap, and it will snooze the alarm.
You can also use this gadget as a night or bedside lamp for relaxing or reading before sleep. It doesn’t get hot so your children and pets will be safe around it.
The clock has non-slip feet so you don’t have to worry about it slipping and falling off your nightstand. The display of the digital clock is easy to see, and the design of the product is modern and sleek.
This light alarm clock is highly customizable and is easy to get used to. You will be amazed at how easy it will be to fall asleep to the dimming light and soothing sounds at night and how relaxing it will feel to wake up to the artificial sunlight and the sound of this clock once you start using it.
So, if you are looking for the perfect light alarm clock to buy in 2021, we definitely recommend the Philips HF3520. Plus, it is sold with a 90-day money back satisfaction guarantee!
The Philips HF3510 also uses light therapy to improve your sleep, boost your energy levels in the morning and promote your overall wellbeing.
You can set the clock to a 12 or 24 hour one, depending on your preference and easily adjust the time and your desired settings.
The light alarm clock has 20 different brightness settings. It will wake you up with a realistic sunrise simulation, but unlike our frontrunner, this one is not in color.
The sunrise feature will start about half an hour before your scheduled alarm after which the clock will emit one of the 3 calming sounds to gently wake you up. If you prefer you can set the clock to your favorite radio station and it will switch on the FM radio alarm in the morning instead.
It has a 9-minute snooze which you can switch on by pressing the easy to reach and read touch key on top of the lamp when the alarm goes off.
You can use the clock as a reading or night light as well, and choose among 10 different brightness options when you want to do some reading or simply relax in bed. You can also use the sunset dimming option when you go to bed so that you can go asleep faster.
The lamp has a 300 lux luminance and is UV free.
The clock itself has non-slip legs, so you can place it anywhere. It is safe for kids and pets, and Philipps claims that 92% of the people who have used this unique relaxing light alarm clock have claimed that waking up with the Philips HF3510 is significantly easier than with a regular alarm clock.
Once again, you will receive a 90-day satisfaction guarantee, so you can try it, and if it doesn’t work for you – return it and get your money back, no questions asked!
If you want to get into the groove of the increasingly popular light therapy alarm waking, but are not ready to spend a fortune, you can get the budget-friendly Sunrise Alarm Clock by Fitmaker. It is sold at a reasonable price and has all the functions you will need to take advantage of the new light wake-up technology.
The clock has a stylish modern design with wood which will look great on your nightstand. It is safe and works perfectly.
The budget-friendly alarm clock has both sunrise and sunset simulation functions. The wake-up light will start from a 1% dim light and gradually increase to 100% brightness when it is time to wake up, which will ensure the most gentle and stress-free wake up possible.
The sunset function works backward and will gradually dim the lights to zero as you doze off peacefully.
The clock has a choice 6 gentle natural sounds including birds chirping, waves, forest sounds, beeping, and soothing music. You can also set the alarm to turn on the FM Radio instead.
The Sunrise Alarm clock has a choice of 7 light colors as well as a mood light mode. You can pick among warm white, green, blue, red, purple, indigo or orange. You can also adjust the brightness to your liking and choose among the 10 different brightness level settings so that your eyes feel comfortable.
This reasonably priced gadget is easy to charge via USB, or you can plug it into a wall jack. If you worry about the charge running out, you can place 3 AAA batteries as a backup just in case.
You can choose between a 24 and 12-hour time format on the easy to read LED display. The clock has intuitive touch controls.
It is 7.2 x 7.1 x 4.4 inches in size and weighs 1.1 lbs.
Overall, this excellent inexpensive light alarm clock is the top bang for the buck you can get in 2021.
And here are our other top picks for the best light alarm clock for 2021
- Made of certified safe ABS material
- It has 5 beautiful natural sound options including thrush, kingfisher or cuckoo singing, a thunderstorm or waves to pick from
- The sunset simulation starts from a brightness of 10% and gradually increases to 100% when it is time to wake up
- The touch panel on the top is easy to reach to turn the alarm off or to adjust the settings
- You can use it as a night light and choose between a low, medium and high brightness suitable for reading in bed
- The light can be set to 256 RGB color settings
- You can choose a fun auto-color changing mode for a romantic and colorful atmosphere
- Since it is wireless you can carry it anywhere as an emergency light, a night light or to give color to outdoor parties
- The built-in lithium-ion battery charges via USB
- The light has a lifetime of 20,000 hours
- Its size is 5.1 x 3.9 x 6.7 inches, and it weighs 1.32 lbs.
- It has an option of 6 gentle wake-up sounds, including a piano, violin, forest, waves, and birds, instead of a stressful blaring alarm.
- The sunset simulation will start at a low intensity and gradually reach the full intensity when the time has come to wake up.
- The clock is easy to set via the touch keys.
- It can be charged via USB from a device or via an AC adapter.
- It has a backup option of being powered by a CR2025 battery.
- You can choose among 7 RGB color settings.
- The clock can serve as a night light, a reading light, or a table lamp.
- The brightness can be adjusted to 10 different levels.
- You can choose to switch on your favorite FM radio station instead of hearing a wake-up sound – the clock covers over 40 radio stations.
- The snooze will give you 5 more minutes of shut-eye but will gradually increase the volume of every upcoming alarm to ensure you wake up no matter how heavy a sleeper you are
- It comes in blue, pink, purple and teal color options
- Features a patented cute design which has won many awards and mentions in leading magazines and tech websites
- The clock displays facial expressions as well as the time to teach kids when it is time for bed and when it is time to wake up – it will display a smile in the morning, a sleepy face when it is time to sleep and a playful expression 30 minutes before the alarm
- The clock will light up in yellow half an hour before waking time, and turn to its main color when the time has come to get up
- There are 5 brightness settings
- You can choose between 5 volume settings
- The time can be shown in a 12 or 24-hour format
- It has 3 sleep sound options and 3 wake-up alarm sound options
- The clock has 5 different night light colors for children who prefer to sleep with the lights on
- There is an option to set up countdowns for timed activities and naps for your children
- It is made of safe and durable materials
- It comes with a 1-year warranty and a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- It is powered via a USB cable which is detachable
- The dimensions of the alarm clock are 4.25 x 4.25 x 4.50 inches
- Recommended as a night light for newborn babies, and for all other functions for children over the age of 3
- It has relaxing sunset and sunrise simulation options
- You can set the sunrise simulation to turn on from 10 to 60 minutes before the alarm and will gradually increase in brightness
- The brightness of the sunrise simulation light can be adjusted from 5% to 100%
- You can voice control the clock via a Google Home or Alexa device, so you can use voice commands to turn it on and off, or to change the settings in accordance with your desires
- The clock can store up to 4 alarms per day for different times
- You can set separate alarms for the weekdays and for the weekends
- You can also set one for you and one for your partner
- The clock has 7 different natural wake-up sounds to choose from
- You can also set it to turn on the radio when the time comes to get up, the clock can store up to 15 preset FM radio stations
- The snooze will give you from 7 to 15 minutes of extra sleep time
- You get to choose between 7 different colors or 20 intensities of the warm white light
- The clock has a sleep timer (from 10 to 120 minutes) so you can program it to play a certain radio for a set time period and then to switch off after you fall asleep
- The clock has an additional USB port so you can charge your phone or another device
We hope that you have found the perfect light alarm clock which will wake you up as gently and as stress-free as possible. Our top picks are all excellent options and will ensure that your day starts with a smile, rather than with an adrenaline rush.
All of these clocks are multifunctional so you can use them as emergency lights, reading lights, night lights as well as for going to sleep easier and faster. Plus, they are highly customizable so you can set them to suit your specific needs by choosing the appropriate volume, light color, brightness, and alert type. So you can set your clock to reflect your personality and your sleep patterns.
We wish you good luck with your new light alarm clock and we hope that you enjoy a much more pleasant way to start the day with one of these amazing gadgets.
Last update on 2021-09-23 at 00:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API