Everybody loves ice cream, right? Why not invest in a well-made home ice cream maker which will help you prepare your favorite ice cream, gelato, sorbet, custard, low-fat frozen yogurt, or any tasty frozen drinks at home?
We have spent quite a lot of time testing and reviewing the wide variety of ice cream machines that are currently being offered on the market. After trying huge quantities of delicious frozen desserts, and playing around with the features of these incredible appliances, we have come up with our list of the top 10 best ice cream machines for 2020.
Here they are:
- Features the new, improved mixing paddle which makes frozen drinks and desserts in less than 20 minutes
- A capacity of 1 – 1 ½ quart
- No need for adding ice thanks to the double-insulated freezer bowl with a cooling liquid – just freeze it in the freezer prior to use for 16-24 hours
- A transparent lid with an easy lock system allows for easy adding of the ingredients without spilling
- Fully automatized – press “ON” and add the ingredients in the freezer bowl
- A heavy-duty motor which can mix and make ice cream, sorbet, frozen yogurt, and frozen drinks
- Easy cleanup
- No mess
- You can add ingredients during the freezing cycle
- Non-slip feet to keep the machine safely in place
- Comes with a recipe booklet
- 10 x 10.2 x 15 inches, 9.65 lbs.
- The gel in the freezer bowl is not as durable as the rest of the machine, so you should wash it by hand
This top-selling ice cream maker has a large capacity and can make various delicious frozen recipes in a matter of minutes. There is no mess, no hassle, and no complicated mixing and premixing. Just remember to keep the freezing bowl in the freezer so that you can have it handy whenever you feel like a frozen yogurt, sorbet, or ice cream!
- A large capacity of 2 quarts
- Freezer bowl has double insulation and is infused with a special gel, so there is no need for ice
- The bowl needs to be kept in the freezer overnight, and the ingredient have to be cold when added for the best effect
- A heavy-duty motor which can mix and make the frozen dessert in up to 25 minutes
- A convenient spout for adding mix-ins during the cycle
- No BPAs
- Comes with a limited 3-year warranty
- Compact footprint: 10.5 x 10.9 x 16 inches, 2.3 lbs.
- Doesn’t have a refrigerating mechanism, so you need to keep the freezer bowl in the freezer instead
This is an affordable and very fast ice cream maker. It is very easy to use and requires very little maintenance. For the best result, always keep the freezer bowl in the coldest part of your freezer in order to have it ready and set for whenever you feel like an ice-cold home-made dessert!
- A capacity of up to 1 ½ quarts
- Stylish silver design
- Fully automatic
- Professional quality compressor
- Features two mixing paddles – one for original gelato, and another for making creamy ice cream
- Has a 60-minute timer
- Easy to use touchpad controls and an LCD display
- A 10-minute keep cool feature keeps the frozen dessert cool after the cycle has finished
- BPA free
- Various recipes for Gelato and ice cream in the recipe book which comes with the machine
- See-through lid which allows for adding extra ingredients during the freezing and mixing cycle
- No need for freezing the bowl before use
- 7 x 12 x 9.3 inches, 32 lbs.
- More expensive than the other Cuisinart ice cream machines in our list
This is a sturdy and very easy to use ice cream and gelato maker. The freezing bowl doesn’t need to be cooled or frozen before use, so you can make your delicious home gelato whenever you feel like it!
- Can make up to 2 quarts of any frozen treat
- Faster mixing and cooling thanks to the patented paddle – mixes and cools the dessert in less than 20 minutes
- 3-speed settings (gelato, sorbet or ice cream) can be easily set via the intuitive control panel
- A large LCD screen
- Has a timer with an auto shut off feature
- An integrated measuring cup with a convenient spill-free ingredient spout
- Automatic operation
- A recipe book
- No BPA
- Product dimensions are 7 x 8.6 x 13.2 inches, 13.5 lbs.
- The freezer bowl needs to be frozen prior to use
- Some users may find the lid to be a bit fidgety to fit
This is a well-priced, versatile ice cream machine, which you can use for making your own favorite ice cream, sorbet, or gelato recipes. The freezer bowl needs to be kept in the freezer, but overall, this is an excellent ice cream maker that has different speeds, a convenient timer, and an indicator alarm for when the time is up. Highly recommended product!
If you want a home ice cream making machine which doesn’t require that you pre-freeze the mixing bowl, and which you can use whenever you feel the whim of making another batch of sorbet, ice cream, frozen drinks or Italian gelato, the Lello 4080 Musso Lussino is just perfect for you.
- A high-quality unit made in Italy
- Beautiful design
- A capacity of up to 1 ½ quarts in up to 15 minutes
- Completely automatic process – just add the ingredients and press two buttons
- Stainless steel built-in bowl, paddle, and housing is durable and very easy to clean
- 12 x 11 x 18 inches, 38 lbs.
- A convenient timer
- The appliance can be used to make new batches one after the other without the need for freezing the bowl
- Very quick freezing
- Quiet operation
- 1-year warranty
- The price is on the higher end
If you want the crème of the crème of home ice cream makers, the Lello 4080 is the top choice for you. This is a high quality, Italian made stainless steel unit that will last for years and which you can use over and over again to make various gelato, ice cream, sorbet, and frozen drink recipes for you and your family. It is easy to use, even easier to clean, and is beautifully designed, so it will make a great addition to your kitchen.
- No need for ice or salt, because the unit works with a pre-frozen freezer bowl
- A transparent lid allows you to monitor the mixing and chilling process
- The non-stick chamber allows for easy cleanup
- Very compact footprint – 10 x 10 x 15 inches, weighs less than 9 lbs.
- Comes with a detailed instruction manual and a recipe booklet
- You can make 1 – 1 ½ quarts of ice cream, sorbet, frozen drinks or frozen yogurt in less than 20 minutes
- You can add nuts, chocolate chips or other mix-ins at the end of the chilling process without interrupting the chilling and mixing cycle
- Very easy to use, no pre-mixing is required
- Sold with a 3-year limited warranty
- It does require that you keep the mixing bowl in the freezer overnight, so you can’t make a new batch immediately
This is a simple, automatic, and efficient home ice cream maker, which is a superb choice for people on a tight budget. It is very user-friendly, can be cleaned quickly, and doesn’t require the use of ice or salt. All you need to do is pre-freeze the bowl, switch the machine on, and pour the ingredients in. In about 20 minutes, you will have a delicious frozen treat or beverage ready!
If you are dreaming of a home ice cream machine that can make up to 4 quarts of ice cream, custard, gelato, frozen yogurt, or sorbet in less than 40 minutes, you should choose this inexpensive and yet large and efficient Hamilton Beach ice cream maker.
- A huge capacity of 4 quarts
- One of the least expensive units in our list
- Fast and fully automatic operation – from 20 to 40 minutes
- Can make gelato, sorbet ice cream, frozen yogurt or custard
- An easy-lock lid
- Dimensions are 15.3 x 12.5 x 11.1 inches and weigh only 5 lbs.
- 1-year warranty
- Comes with a recipe booklet with 20 mouthwatering recipes
- It requires the use of ice and rock salt
This is a surprisingly affordable, easy to use and a very large ice cream maker which can prepare enough delicious frozen desserts for the entire family or group of guests at once. It is easy to clean, doesn’t take up too much space, and, as we already mentioned – it is offered at an extremely reasonable price!
This retro-styled ice cream machine is a joy to the eye and to the taste buds! The Nostalgia ICMP400Blue is a wonderful home ice cream maker that will make the process of preparing homemade ice cream gelato, sorbet, or frozen yogurt a pure fun experience!
- Makes 4 quarts of ice cream, gelato, sorbet or frozen yogurt in 20 to 40 minutes
- A superb retro design with a modern touch
- Very easy to clean plastic bucket and aluminum canister
- A convenient handle for easy portability
- A see-thru lid to monitor the preparation process and can be used for storing the leftover ice cream in the freezer for later
- A powerful electric motor will do all the mixing and churning for you
- The manual includes dozens of recipes
- BPA free
- Dimensions are 15 x 17 x 16 inches
- Weight is 6.4 lbs.
- Budget-friendly price
- It does require the use of ice and salt
This Nostalgia blue bucket ice cream machine is inexpensive, with a large capacity, and can make a wide variety of frozen treats and drinks pretty quickly. It is very easy to use and clean and can be carried around thanks to the lightweight and the convenient bucket handle.
If you are shopping for an ice cream maker with a very large capacity, so that you can make enough ice cream or other frozen desserts for a bunch of guests – the White Mountain Appalachian series ice cream machine is the best choice for you.
- Ultra-large capacity of up to 6 quarts
- Can make creamy and smooth ice cream in 20-40 minutes
- A powerful electric motor (12,000 rpm) will do all the churning and blending for you
- Features a twin blade dasher made of heavy-duty cast iron
- Both the canister and the beechwood blades turn which allows for a very efficient blending of the ingredients and scraping them off of the canister
- Durable stainless steel canister and lid
- Handcrafted pinewood bucket with strong galvanized hoops – looks great and will last for years
- Recipes are included with the item
- Every single part is made of very durable and sturdy materials, rather than plastic, and it comes with a 5-year limited warranty
- 4 x 13.3 x 20.5 inches, 19.2 lbs.
- More expensive than some of the other ice cream making appliances on our list
If you like to invest your hard-earned money in top quality, well-built products which will last for years, you should consider purchasing this ice cream maker. Made entirely of strong metal and wood, it will serve you well for a long time. It has a huge capacity and can make up to 6 quarts of ice cream or other delicious frozen desserts very quickly and efficiently!
If you love the retro wooden bucket design of the previous ice cream maker, but don’t want to spend too much money on one for yourself, this Nostalgia wood bucket ice cream maker is an excellent, affordable alternative.
- A very attractive retro wood bucket design
- Can make up to 4 quarts of ice cream or another favorite frozen treat or beverage
- Easy to clean
- Fitted with a powerful motor for the blending and churning
- Comes with a number of recipes in the user manual
- Works best with the Nostalgia ice cream mixes, but you can make your own recipes too
- The useful transparent cap allows for viewing the mixing process, as well as for covering and storing the leftover dessert in the freezer
- No BPA
- 2 x 12.2 x 15.8 inches, weight is 6.6 lbs.
- The motor is not as powerful as that of the more expensive units
This Nostalgia wood bucket ice cream machine is a perfect accessory for every kitchen. It is available at a low price, and it can make up to 4 quarts of amazingly smooth and creamy ice cream pretty quickly and without any effort on your side.
Home ice cream machines are a must for every kitchen, especially if you love homemade ice cream, sorbet, gelato, custard, frozen yogurt, or other frozen drinks.
These ice cream makers are all great additions for your kitchen and will be highly appreciated as gifts for any occasion too!
You just need to choose the capacity you want, the types of treats and desserts which these appliances can make, as well as decide whether you prefer to use ice and salt, or prefer to rely on pre-frozen mixer bowls instead.
Some of these machines can make one batch of ice cream after another without pausing, and others require some time for the bowl to freeze.
Thankfully, all of the machines we have picked are automatized, easy to use, and easy to clean!
The different ice cream makers on this list vary in size, price, and features, so hopefully our brief resumes of all the features, the pros and cons will help you find the best one to suit your needs!
Have fun and enjoy those mouthwatering homemade frozen desserts with the ice cream maker of your choice!