Do you have chicken wings in your freezer and aren’t sure what to do with them?
I always keep chicken wings in the freezer, in case the boys get hungry, and I need to make a quick snack. And if guests arrive unexpectedly, the chicken wings are the best option, since they are quick and easy to make.
Free Bonus: Have some leftover wings? Click here to download my free recipe ebook and make some fantastic things today! It’s totally FREE!
Everyone loves them, so you can’t be wrong if you cook them. Their taste goes from spicy to sweet, and they are the best snack you can think of because they are so easy and simple to eat.
When my boys come home from hanging out with their friends, they are usually hungry.
That is one of the main reasons why I started keeping chicken wings in the freezer. I don’t think that there is anything as tasty and quick to make for when a situation like that happens.
When Jack and his friends have their poker nights, I always prepare chicken wings.
That is why I want to share all the ways to cook frozen chicken wings with all of you.
My family simply adores the sweet and sour chicken wings, but we’ll see which one is your favorite.
Cooking Them In The Oven
What You Need:
- The oven, obviously
- Cookie sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Non – stick cooking spray
This is one of the simplest ways to cook frozen chicken wings.
The first thing that you have to do is preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then you’re going to place the aluminum foil over the cookie sheet and spray the cookie sheet with the cooking spray.
Then you layer the frozen chicken wings on the foil. Cook them for about thirty minutes, and after you cook them, it’s time to serve.
Related: Learn To Find The Best Roaster Oven
Cooking Them In The Microwave
This is probably the quickest and easiest way of cooking frozen chicken wings.
What You Need:
- The microwave
- Oven mitt
- Microwave-safe plate
Put the chicken wings in a circle on the microwave-safe plate. Turn the microwave on and set it on high. The chicken wings should be ready in about 8 minutes. Use an oven mitt to remove them from the microwave.
When you have removed them from the microwave, serve.
See Also: Best Frozen Pizza Reviews
Brown Sugar Chicken Wings
What You Need (for about ten wings):
- 2 tbsp of black sugar
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp of allspice
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- One green onion (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. (checkout oven thermometers)
- Put the chicken wings in a ziplock bag, add the olive oil and shake it.
- Mix the brown sugar and all the spices in a bowl. Put half of that into the bag and shake it. After you did that, put the rest of the mixture into the bag and shake that as well.
- Place the chicken wings on a cookie sheet. Put it in the oven for about twenty minutes. After that, remove them from the oven and turn them to the other side. Return them to the oven and bake for another twenty minutes.
When you’re done, garnish them with the chopped green onion and serve them hot.
Sweet And Sour Chicken Wings
What You Need:вЂ‹
- 2/3 cup of dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- 2 tsp of dry mustard
- 2/3 cup of vinegar
- 1 can of crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- As always, the first thing that you should do is preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Spread the wings in a pan and put them in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes.
- After that, remove them from the oven, drain the fat from the pan and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Combine all the other ingredients (except salt and pepper) in a saucepan. Cook it on medium heat and stir constantly, it is done when it becomes thick and glossy.
- Cover the chicken wings with half of the sauce, reduce the heat in the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook it for another thirty minutes.
- After that, simply turn the wings, cover with the rest of the sauce, a cook it for about 30 minutes.
- When the time is up, your chicken wings are ready to be served.
Requirements (for 12 wings):
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle of cayenne hot pepper sauce
- One stick of butter
- Several dashes of hot sauce
- Several dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Blue cheese dip
- Celery sticks
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat three inches of canola oil in a heavy pot at the same temperature.
- Add half of the chicken wings to the oil and cook them until they’re brown (it takes about 5 minutes).
- Remove and drain them on paper towels. Repeat with the other half.
- Heat the cayenne sauce and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts.
- Add the hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Turn off the heat when it bubbles up.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken wings, and put them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- When it is done, serve it with blue cheese dip and celery sticks.
See Also: Best Cheese Slicer Reviews
What You Need (for ten wings):
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Oil for deep frying
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup of hot sauce
- One dash of ground black pepper
- One dash of garlic powder
See Also: Best Flour Sifter
- Mix the paprika, cayenne pepper, flour, and salt in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken wings in a glass bowl and sprinkle the mixture over them, until they are evenly coated. Refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (See my choice for the best home deep fryer). There should be enough oil to cover the wings completely (about one-inch deep).
- Combine hot sauce, pepper, butter, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together until the mixture is well blended. Remove from heat.
- Fry the wings in hot oil for ten to fifteen minutes, or at least until parts of wings become brown.
- After you remove them from the heat, put them in a serving bowl, add the hot sauce mixture and stir together.
- When you’re done, it’s ready to be served.
Related: Paprika Substitute – 5 Alternative Spices You Can Use In Your Recipes
Honey And Orange Chicken Wings
What You Need (for 6 chicken wings):вЂ‹вЂ‹вЂ‹вЂ‹вЂ‹
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp of orange juice
- 4 1/2 tsp of honey
- 3/4 tsp of lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp of ground ginger
- Dash of garlic powder
Related: How Much Juice Is In One Lemon?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the wings into three sections and discard the wing tip sections.
- Brush the wings with ketchup and after that, coat them with flour.
- Coat a shallow baking pan with cooking spray and place the wings in it. Bake them for about 20 minutes.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Brush some of that mixture over the chicken wings. Bake until the chicken juices run clear, frequently spraying them with the rest of the orange juice mixture.
- Serve the wings with some potatoes.
See Also: Best Potato Mashers – Barbara’s Choices
Enjoy Your Chicken Wings
See Also: Is Your Chicken Looking Suspicious?
I hope that this will help you decide on what to do with your frozen chicken wings.
When you have tried all of the recipes above, I’d like to know which one is your favorite. If you have some more ideas to share, I’m waiting!