Have you already got your Hydro Flask? I heard about the Hydro Flask a few months ago. My friend and I were just chatting when she mentioned a water bottle that could keep temperatures steady.
The conversation really made me want to discover more about this intriguing water bottle. As I discovered more, I became more and more interested. After a couple of days of research, I decided to get my husband a hydro flask.
How To Clean Hydro Flask
I figured that John should have one since he always brings coffee to work and complains about how he drinks it cold every morning.
At first, he was very skeptical about it. He didn’t believe that it would be any better than what he had already been using. But after the first time that he used it, he started bragging about how amazing it is.
He interested all of his friends and colleagues in getting them, and he even got one for each of our boys.
The Hydro Flask put a smile on each of their faces.
What Is A Hydro Flask?
It is a water bottle advertised that it can keep cold liquids cool for more than 24 hours and hot liquids warm for more than 12 hours.
It is made with food-grade stainless steel and double-wall vacuum insulation that can keep temperatures steady.
The lightest bottle in the insulated hydration category, the hydro flask, has a small metal disk that absorbs moisture and gasses in the vacuum process.
The thin wall design keeps your drink cold even on a sunny day and your hot beverage steady even in winter. If you put some ice in your hydro flask, it is guaranteed that it will stay there for hours.
The outside temperature won’t affect your drink. No matter the temperature of the drink or outside, the bottle will be comfortable to hold.
See Also: Iced Tea Makers Reviewed in 2022
Furthermore, it is highly resistant to absorbing bacteria, odor, and taste, and it is also one-hundred-percent recyclable.
All Hydro Flask bottles are BPA-free. BPA is an industrial material that is used to make plastics.
Research has found that it can seep into food or drinks without you noticing. It can have a bad effect on the blood pressure, brain, behavior, and health of fetuses, toddlers, and children. It is designed for various occasions and situations – your imagination is the limit.
Common Mistakes When Washing A Hydro Flask
Putting your Hydro Flask in a dishwasher or exposing its exterior to hot water will affect the inner insulation. The dishwasher can get hot enough to damage it.
I discovered that when it was already too late, so John had to buy a new flask when he noticed that the temperature of his coffee started getting cooler and cooler after the same amount of time spent in the bottle.
We were all pretty disappointed when it happened, but also sort of relieved when we found out that it was my fault and that the water bottles are actually fine.
There really is no point in putting your flask in the freezer since the outside temperature literally has no effect on the temperature of your drink. If you want to make your drink colder, try putting ice cubes in it.
Putting your bottle on the stove will not make your drink any warmer, it will just damage the outside of your flask.
Chemicals like bleach and chlorine will just ruin the stainless steel, so don’t even try using it on your Hydro Flask.
If you have been making any of these mistakes on a regular basis, it is time for you to get a new flask and start washing it properly.
Further Reading: All You Need To Know To Clean Copper Mugs
Why Do I Have To Clean Hydro Flask?
Every time you take a sip of your drink, it will lead to germs spreading on your bottle. If that isn’t enough, bacteria can also accumulate in your bottle.
If you don’t clean it regularly, it will just get harder to clean once you finally decide to do it.
Yes, your stainless steel bottle is resistant to rust, but it can still experience rusting. That will require you to clean it with an appropriate cleaning solvent.
It can become extremely dirty if it isn’t maintained properly. It can even experience discoloration.
Remember that there is no reason for you not to clean it because it is so easy. It is even easier to clean than a plastic water bottle. Stainless steel is much stronger and better at repelling bacteria.
The spots can be really stubborn, and the stains will get harder and harder to clean. Discoloration is also a common problem with Hydro Flask.
But don’t worry, because there is a solution for every single one of the problems.
The Right Way
It is made of stainless steel, which makes it harder to rust than any other water bottle, and that is why it is really easy to clean.
As I said, it is vital to clean them regularly.
There are plenty of ways to clean it:
- It is recommended to use a bottle brush while cleaning it. And you should make sure that you use that brush as often as possible.
- You can use white distilled vinegar for cleaning it. It will help you remove any stains or discolorations on the inside of your Hydro Flask. I usually put one-half of a cup of vinegar in the flask. Next thing to do is to gently swirl it around the flask so that it can wash any affected areas. After that, I let it sit for around 5 minutes. Once that is completed, I just rinse it out with warm water, and sometimes I even repeat the process if it’s needed.
- If there is a spot on your flask that just won’t go away, what you need is baking soda. Just mix 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda with a bit of warm water to form a paste. Dip your bottle brush into the paste and rub it into the spot inside of your flask. Repeat it as many times as you have to until the stubborn spot is finally gone.
- You can wash your Hydro Flip Lid and Wide Straw Lid in the dishwasher. The dishwasher doesn’t have a positive effect on them, but if they need to be deep cleaned, it is acceptable.
- If the stains are tough, you can also use detergent with your bottle brush. That way, you will clean your Hydro Flask more efficiently. This is used for cleaning the fingerprints off your bottle. Prints appear especially if you’re consuming greasy food or sweating heavily while using your Hydro Flask.
- The basic soap-and-water technique is also good for everyday cleaning. Use it with your bottle brush to clean the dirt left from your drink or food.
- For stubborn stains or spots, or even light rust stains, use non-scratching creams or polishes (with your bottle brush, of course). After that, you should rinse your flask with water. And when you’re done with that, dry it with a clean towel or cloth. Remember to avoid using drying pastes.
- To avoid water stains on your bottle, you should use non-mineral water when cleaning it.
After washing your Hydro Flask with any of the solutions above, you should let it dry upside down. Air drying your flask is the best way to dry it because it will prevent it from collecting bacteria.
Enjoy Your Drink Hot Or Cold – However, You Want It
Related: Most Recommended Coffee Tumblers
Now that I’ve told you everything I know about the Hydro Flask, I hope that it will help you keep your water bottle the same as it was when you got it.
Now, get your bottle brush and get busy.
Good luck 😉
- Hydro Flask Increases Overall Revenue by 91.5% Year-Over-Year
- Hydro Flask Case Study
- Design Case Study: Hydro Flask 20 oz (591 mL) Water Bottle
- Gifts for Readers at the Wedding Ceremony That Show Your Gratitude - March 8, 2022
- Terrific Retirement Gifts for Nurses - March 8, 2022
- Best Graduation Gift Ideas for Sister to Honor Her Achievement - March 4, 2022