Contrary to what most people think, a kitchen sink isn’t the cleanest place in your kitchen. In fact, it’s dirty. Very.
Scale, food particles, fingerprints, water stains – meet the enemies of your kitchen sink. These enemies are ideal for bacteria growth. So, they have to be destroyed.
To keep your kitchen sink clean and safe, you need to clean it regularly. Of course, there are many ways to do that. But, the funniest part about cleaning your sink is that you can do it very quickly, and easily IF you have the right information.
That being said, we want to give you easy, quick, and fast ways for turning your kitchen sink into a spotless place for your dishes.
Stick with us to find them out.
How to Make Your Sink Look Perfect
Here are a few ways to clean your kitchen sink quickly and gently to keep its performance and look at the top level.
The Power of two: Baking Soda and White Vinegar
Baking soda is great for cleaning all kinds of kitchen sinks as it is powerful enough to remove stains, but it won’t damage the surface of the sink. Add to that might vinegar and you created a top-notch cleaner for your sink.
- Distilled white vinegar
- Baking soda
- Kitchen towels
1. Empty your sink and rinse it meticulously. Make sure to remove all food particles.
2. Cover the sink with baking soda; it should look like a paste. Then, wash baking soda away.
3. Soak kitchen towels in white vinegar and cover the entire sink with them. Leave it that way for 15-20 minutes.
4. After that, remove kitchen towels. Rinse with warm water.
Be Gentle with your Sink
Here’s another quick way to clean your sink.
- Non-abrasive cleaner or All-purpose spray
- A soft sponge
1. Apply the cleaner/spray on the sponge first, instead of applying the cleaner directly to the sink. Doing that way could damage its finish and shine.
2. Gently scrub the sink, focusing on those stubborn stains around the faucet or drain.
3. Rinse the mixture thoroughly. If you like having a perfectly cleaned sink, use a dry cloth to dry the sink. But, if you don’t want to do that, it’s okay. Your sink will still be clean.
Get rid of those stubborn stains on your sink
If you like most people, you probably hate water/scale stains on your sink. Well, how about you finally get rid of them? Believe it or not, there aren’t any special ingredients to do that.
You just need to make a paste combining ½ cup powdered borax and ½ lemon juice. Then, soak a sponge in that paste. Next, rub stains with a sponge and rinse with water.
This paste is great for all kinds of sinks, be that stainless steel, enamel, or some other type.
How often should you clean a kitchen sink?
There’s no golden rule to follow when it comes to cleaning a kitchen sink. You should clean it when it gets dirty.
If you clean it too often with all kinds of cleaners, it can lose its shine and become stained.
On the other hand, if you don’t clean it regularly, bacteria will grow.
So, make sure to find a balance.
Don’t miss this part: Cleaning a kitchen faucet and handles
Now that your sink is spotless, you should clean your kitchen faucet and handles. Otherwise, that spotless sink won’t be so perfect.
Don’t worry; cleaning the faucet and handles is both simple and fast. You can do that with a mild soapy solution or white vinegar.
Using a mild soapy solution
For the first one, you need a soft sponge and a mild soapy solution. Clean the faucet thoroughly, making sure not to miss the bottom part of the faucet.
After that, wash away the solution. Then, wipe the faucet with a dry cloth.
Using white vinegar
The second option is to use a cloth soaked in white vinegar. This is great for those who aren’t fans of cleaning their kitchen with chemicals. Here’s how to clean the faucet and handles with vinegar:
- Use a cloth previously soaked in vinegar to wipe the faucet and handles. This will remove fingerprints and/or water stains.
- Soak a kitchen towel in vinegar and cover the faucet. Leave for 10 minutes and rinse.
Keeping your kitchen sink clean is one of the vital things for your and your family’s health. These tips will help you defeat the enemies of your sink and also to have a spotless sink. So, try them!
- The Best Noise Reducing Curtains 2021 – Simple Way to Quiet Home and Style - June 21, 2021
- Barbecue Time: How Many Ribs Are In A Rack? - May 26, 2021
- What Do Beets Taste Like? The Healthiest Food Definitely Worth Trying - April 24, 2021