You suddenly realized just how dependent we all are for nearly everything on electricity when the power went off during a storm? The truth is that most of us take electrical power for granted until it suddenly goes off, and with it go the lights, the TV, the fridge and our computers.
You can get ready for such frustrating moments by investing in a good quality Honda generator, which will ensure that you still have all those lights and appliances on and working even when the grid is off for one reason or another.
We have been testing a wide array of portable and industrial Honda generators, in order to pick out the best deals and the best selections for you because we believe that Honda Power Equipment makes the best generators in the world!
The different models were tested for all the essential features which a top-notch generator must have, including – reliability, safety, ease of use, ease of maintenance, quiet operation, price and power generated.
In order to help you continue living a normal life during a hurricane, a snowstorm or during other moments when you feel like you are back in the dark ages, we have picked the top 10 best Honda generators for you.
Read on to find out which ones are our favorites, and why we recommend investing in one of these power generating units.
You have heard of the legendary Honda EU2000i generator, right? Well, get ready for the newly born legend – the EU2200i! It was introduced in the spring of 2019 as a successor to Honda’s most successful portable generators, and we must say – we are truly impressed by it!
Honda has long been recognized as one of the leading manufacturers of portable inverter generators for more than two decades now. The Japanese company was the first to introduce the inverter technology which is much more efficient than the conventional generators.
The EU2200i is the result of 20 years of improvements and innovations. It is light, easy to use, quiet, durable and is capable of generating more power than ever.
In fact, this latest model can generate 10% more power than its predecessor the EU2000i.
We highly recommend it for camping or as an additional backup to have in your home for the cases when the power goes off and you are left in the dark.
First of all, it comes at an excellent price given the quality and all of its amazing features.
The EU2200i is much quieter than other generators which have its capacity.
Plus, it is very portable, so you can easily take it with you when enjoying time outdoors camping, hunting or fishing.
This Honda generator requires minimal and easy maintenance and is sold with a 3-year warranty.
It also has some new features such as color-coded components, easy oil drain and fill thanks to the large opening and gutter, a smart valve for shutting off the fuel, a low RPM with an impressive output and many others.
This unit is very easy to start thanks to the automatic mechanical decompressor. It weighs a mere 47 lbs. and has compact dimensions of 20 x 11.4 x 16.7 inches which makes it the perfect portable generator. Also, the sound it makes during operation is less than 57 dBA, which is super quiet.
The generator is equipped with a smart Oil Alert technology which shuts it off automatically when it detects low oil levels. This means you don’t need to keep checking the oil all the time and be worried about damaging the unit.
The EU2200i has a fuel capacity of .95 gallons and it offers 10% longer run time than the previous model – the EU2000i.
The engine which powers this amazing generator is the legendary Honda GXR120 121cc commercial series motor which is widely recognized for its fuel efficiency and its smooth and quiet operation. The fact that it was originally designed for heavy-duty construction means that it is much more durable and reliable than most other portable generator engines out there.
The output of the EU2200i is for AC output – 120V 2200W, 1800W rated, and DC output – 12V, 100W. This allows you to power a number of different electrical appliances and items with it including a blender, a TV, microwave oven, incandescent lighting, a computer, an Energy Star freezer or refrigerator and many others.
Another feature worth mentioning is the ability of this generator to be paired with another EU2200i or an EU2000i for even more power and convenience.
The large 2.31 square inch ventilation area of this unit allows for more efficient inverter cooling, and the added ducts allow for better airflow to keep all components cool and safe during operation.
Overall, with its compact size, powerful, energy efficient and quiet motor, easy maintenance and durability, the Honda EU2200i s definitely the best portable inverter generators you can buy in 2019!
The runner-up in our top best list is the predecessor of our favorite choice. The EU2000i has become legendary for its ultra-light weight of just 46 lbs. and small size of 20 x 12 x 17 inches, its durability, and the fact that it can generate sufficient power for long running hours.
It has two AC and one DC outlets which allows for a flexible choice of appliances, rechargeable items, and other electrically powered items to be kept going during a blackout, or when you are off the grid camping or enjoying time in your RV or outdoors.
The EU2000i has a 1.1-gallon tank, and 2,000 Watts of starting power and 1,600 Watts of running continuous power.
The powerful Honda GX100 engine operates at only 59 decibels at full load and at only 53 decibels at quarter load which means that you can place it wherever you want without being disturbed by the noise.
It is easy to maintain and durable thanks to the top quality materials and components, as well as to the nifty Oil Alert function and the circuit protection switch which will keep it safe from overloading and being damaged.
You can pair the EU2000i with another generator of the same model or with the newer EU2200i for double efficiency and a power output of 4,000W.
Just like the other Honda Power Equipment inverter generators, this one is energy efficient and eco-friendly which makes it perfect for both home and commercial use. In fact, the low sine wave inverter technology allows for the production of electricity as clean as that from your power outlets at home.
The Eco-Throttle mechanism will control the speed of the engine automatically to ensure that is working efficiently in accordance with the load which is being used. This means that you will save fuel and that you will have optimal power generation as quietly as possible no matter how many appliances and items are being charged or powered by it at a time.
The EU2000i can run for 3.4 hours at full load and for more than 8 hours at 25% load, and all this on less than a gallon of fuel. This makes it perfect for providing overnight power when off the grid.
It is a safe power generator which is backed by a 3-year full warranty which we highly recommend for anybody who needs a portable or backup generator which is efficient, quiet, portable and very easy to maintain.
The EU2000i can easily power an electric oven, refrigerator and other appliances as well as to safely charge more sensitive devices like a phone, camera or TV.
We strongly recommend this generator to anybody who wants to make a reasonable long-term investment and have a reliable power source for any situation!
Our top budget pick for Honda generators in 2019 is the EU1000i. It is amazingly portable and light and is perfect for traveling in an RV, or for camping, and can be used as a backup power source for your home as well.
This generator is very compact (17.7″ x 9.4″ x 15.0″) and weighs only 29 lbs. It operates at 42 to 50 decibels, which means that it will be quieter than an average conversation when working on a full load.
The Honda inverter technology will ensure that you receive a stable flow of clean power, which is as reliable as the power you get from your wall outlets at home.
The EU1000i has the useful Oil Alert system which will shut the engine off automatically when a low level of oil is detected. This helps protect the engine and all components, and also will eliminate the need to keep checking the fuel levels constantly.
This tiny portable generator is powered by a Honda GXH50 motor which can run for hours on one tank with a capacity of 0.6 gallons. In fact, you will find that you are saving loads of money for fuel because the EU1000i will use only 0.6 gallons of gas for 7.1 hours of operation thanks to the Eco-Throttle System which will automatically control the speed of the motor based on the current load.
The runtime per full tank is 7.1 hours at a 25% load and 3.2 hours at full load.
The AC output is 120V 1,000W and 900W rated, and the DC output is 12V 96W.
It is suitable for powering lights, TV, microwave, a slow cooker, a blender or a portable fan as well as other smaller appliances and for sensitive equipment like computers, phones, and digital cameras.
The EU1000i too can be paired with another identical generator and work together for up to 2,000 Watts of power.
It is the best priced portable inverter generator from Honda and is sold with a 2-year full warranty.
Our remaining best Honda generator picks for 2019
If you want to invest in a portable, eco-friendly, efficient and quiet power generator which is powerful enough to simultaneously power all of your essential lights and appliances of your home for days, then the powerful Honda EU3000iS could be the best choice for you!
- An amazing output of 3,000W starting and 2,800W continuous watts
- Powered by a 4-cycle 196cc Honda engine
- The 4-gallon tank along with the Eco-Throttle feature allows for a runtime of up to 20 hours on a 25% load and up to 7.2 hours on full load
- It can be connected to another generator of the same model for double the power output
- The Eco-Throttle will automatically lower the engine speed when the load is lower to save fuel and to make operating quieter
- Has a handy fuel gauge for easy monitoring of the fuel levels at all times
- Operates at 49 dB at 25% load and at 58 dB at full load – which is much quieter than other generators with this capacity and size
- It is compact for the power it provides – 22.4 x 18.9 x 25.8 inches, and 134 lbs.
- It delivers clean electricity analog to the one from the grid
- Can be used safely for charging and powering sensitive equipment
- Excellent backup option for blackouts and emergencies for any home as you can keep running all essentials (lights, TV, refrigerator, AC, computer, and others) simultaneously until the power is restored
- Great for indoor and outdoor use, so you can take it camping, and use it outside to run your power tools
- Easy to see and control display and control panel on one side of the unit
- There is an output indicator, an overload indicator, and oil level indicator to keep the machine and your appliances safe
- You can pair it with another EU3000iS to double the power output at an amazing 6,000W
- Has an easy to use electric start, but has a backup starter as well
- It is CARB compliant and meets emission standards
- A microprocessor controls the output
- Recessed wheels on the front and handles on the side for easier moving
- A convenience light on the unit makes it easy to operate in the dark
- You can start most RV Ac’s with the 3,000W surge
- Also has a 12V DC outlet for car batteries
- It does require some maintenance, but it is easy and has been described in detail in the user manual (oil change or refill, air duct cleaning, etc.)
- It is sold with a 3-year warranty for commercial and private users which covers replacement parts and the labor for replacement
- Definitely worth the investment given the warranty, the quality and all features of this powerful generator
Are you looking for the best investment in very powerful Honda generator which can back up your home and RV, or be used for industrial purposes? With the Honda EB5000, you can rest assured that your money will be well spent.
- 4,500W running power and a surge of 5,000Watts starting output
- The iAVR (Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulation) technology allows for reaching a surge of up to 7,000 Watts for 10 seconds sufficient to start large equipment
- CARB compliant, and can be sold in all 50 states
- GFCI protected circuits
- 6 outlets allow you to connect multiple tools simultaneously
- 223 lbs. and 41.9 x 27.2 x 29.2 inches in size
- A noise level as low as 65 decibels thanks to the sound muffler
- A runtime of more than 8 hours at full load and up to 11.2 hours at 50% load
- Powered by a 389cc Honda iGX commercial range engine
- The capacity of the fuel tank is 6.2 gallons
- Safe operation – OHSA compliant for all workplaces
- A useful 120/240V selection switch – you can choose 120 Volts only or both, suitable for powering units which require a larger voltage
- The iAVR technology also ensures a steady and consistent power flow which will keep your expensive tools and equipment safe
- Foldable handles and wheels for easy mobility and storage
- A touch welded frame keeps the generator safe even in rough conditions and terrains
- The Oil Alert feature will shut the generator off when a low oil level is detected to protect the motor and the other components
- Electronic ignition for easy and instantaneous starting
- There are circuit breakers to keep the unit from overloading
- A fuel gauge will allow you to monitor the fuel levels
- A 3-year warranty for both commercial and residential use
Do you need a portable generator which is capable of powering your expensive power tools and equipment safely, quietly and efficiently? The new Honda EB2200i is the best compact portable industrial generator we have tested in 2019!
- AC output 120V2200W maximum and is1,800 Watts rated
- Delivers 10% more power than its predecessor – the EB2000i
- At 47 lbs. you can easily carry this lightweight and compact generator around with you on the job
- Features a larger oil opening and drain, and a longer oil gutter for easy refill and draining, and for cleaner oil
- One tank can run up to 3.2 hours on full load and up to 8.1 hours on a limited 25% load
- Powered by the commercial range Honda 121cc GXR120 engine which runs smoothly, efficiently and very quietly
- A large ventilation area of 2.31 square inches allows for better cooling and airing of the motor and parts for an improved inverter cooling system
- Fuel off feature will shut down the motor once the fuel in the carburetor is consumed – great for storing the unit and for preventing stale fuel problems
- The Oil Alert technology will automatically shut it down when oil level gets critically low
- It can power a wide variety of industrial tools safely and efficiently
- Made for heavy-duty use, and thus is incredibly durable and reliable
- Provides complete GFCI protection
- CARB, LA-ETL, and OSHA compliant – this is the perfect portable generator for any job site
- Operates at 48 to 57 decibels which is as quiet as an industrial generator can get
- USDA rated spark muffler
- A recoil starting system
- Comes with a 3-year commercial and residential warranty
- The cool Realtree APG camouflage design will blend in any outdoor environment and looks great whether you choose to use it inside or outside
- It weighs only 46 pounds which makes it very portable and suitable for traveling and outdoor adventures
- Very fuel efficient operation – it will run for up to 9.6 hours on 1 gallon of gas
- The inverter technology provides a safer and more stable power which is suitable for your computer, phone, camera and for other sensitive technology and equipment
- Has a maximum output of 2,000Watts, and is perfect for powering your TV, satellite, refrigerator, coffee pot, computer and others
- It has a DC outlet for charging 12V batteries
- Powered by Honda’s 121cc GRX120 commercial grade motor which works smoothly, efficiently and extremely quietly
- Works at 48 to 57 decibels only
- Made for easy and quick starting thanks to the automatic mechanical compressor
- The fuel efficiency is further enhanced by Honda’s Eco-Throttle system
- The parallel capability feature allows you to connect it to another generator such as an EU2200i or an EU2000 to generate twice as much power at once
- The Fuel Shutoff system will make sure that all or most of the fuel in the carburetor is consumed which is essential if you don’t want problems with old fuel or if you want to store the unit easily and safely
- Made of durable and strong materials and component
- The Oil Alert function shuts the motor off when low oil levels are detected
- USDA qualified
- An electronic circuit breaker will keep your generator safe from overloading
- Comes with a 3-year long warranty
The Honda eU7000iS is the most powerful Honda generators on our list, and it is the most expensive one too. But we are pretty certain that for anybody who wants the best generator which can power up their whole house and be used every day quietly and with very little fuel consumption, this is the generator to go with!
- Has an output of 7,000 at peak ad a steady output of 5,500 Watts for up to 18 hours on a full tank
- Powered by the 389cc Honda GX390 commercial grade engine – definitely one of the best
- The fuel tank has a capacity of 5.1 gallons of gas
- The EFI (electronic fuel injection) ensures better efficiency as well as lowers the need for maintenance
- This is a heavy duty machine which can be run on a daily basis without breaking down and without fail thanks to the strong build and the several auto shut off functions which protect the unit (overload, current, and low oil pressure)
- The inverter ensures that the power is safe and stable so it can be used for computers or other sensitive equipment
- Has a nifty electric start function
- It is relatively compact given its power and has comfortable and very sturdy metal foldable handles and rubberized wheels which can pass through any terrain and even climb stairs
- All controls are on one single front-facing panel which makes it very easy to access them
- Has a completely electric starter so no more tanking on the ripcord with this one. Just turn it on and press start and off you go!
- The control panel has an LCD display for the status of the power output, voltage, RPM and power use which is incredibly handy for deciding how much equipment to connect to it
- It has two standard 110v plugs, one locking ground GFCI 110v connector, and a 120V/240V switchable output
- The Eco-Throttle mode helps control and lower the consumption of fuel in accordance with the current load of the generator
- The unit generates very steady power with a clear and non-distorted sine wave, which can be of better quality than the power from the grid in certain places – this makes it perfect for home backup and for powering very sensitive, high-end equipment
- It is very quiet (52 to 59 decibels) as compared to other generators of this size and power capacity thanks to the motor and inverter technology
- Sold with a full 3-year warranty
- Has an output of up to 2,800 Watts of clean, top quality 120V power which is safe for your most expensive and sensitive tools and equipment
- Superb portable generator for residential and commercial use
- Very compact and light – you can easily carry the unit with you as it weighs less than 67 lbs.
- It comes with a protective Honda branded OFI Cover
- It offers GFCI protection for your equipment
- OSHA and LA-ETL compliant – so it can be used on any job site
- The advanced inverter technology saves fuel and allows for the quietest operation possible for a commercial grade generator
- Great as an emergency backup unit for your home, for your tools at work and for powering your RV (it has a 30A outlet) or camping appliances
- It is suitable for powering refrigerators, microwaves, a TV, a furnace, cell phones, etc.
- The muffler will reduce the noise of the unit to 61 – 69 decibels
- The Eco-Throttle technology ensures that the right amount of fuel is used for the current load, which means you will be saving a lot on fuel
- It can operate for 12 hours on 2.1 gallons of gas on ¼ load and up to 5.1 hours on full load
- Meets the emission standards of EPA and CARB emissions
- It has a sturdy frame which protects the generator and nifty handholds as well as ties to keep the unit steady during transport
- Has a fuel gauge to let you know how much gas you have left in the tank
- Has a 2,800W max and 2,500Watts rated 120V AC output
- 2 20A 125V outlets and a 30A 125V locking plug
- All outlets have circuit protection against overloading
- A recoil starting system
- An Oil Alert function which will shut it down when the oil level becomes dangerously low
- Tank capacity of 2.1 gallons
- 3-year warranty
- Open frame design
- Compact recreational and emergency backup generator – 80.5 lbs. 16.9 x 17.6 x 18.9 inches
- An output of 2,800Watts of surge load and 2,500Watts running of consistent and stable 120V power voltage
- The inverter technology allows for quiet functioning and smooth and stable electric power supply which is suitable for sensitive equipment
- Has a nifty 30 Amp RV/marine outlet for your travels and for easy connection with your home via a transfer switch
- The tank has a capacity of 2.14 gallons of gasoline and has a floating fuel gauge
- Has fuel shut off and oil shutoff functions to protect the unit from damage
- 3 power outlets
- Perfect for a backup unit during power outages, this generator can handle all the basics in your home
- It can work for up to 12 hours on 25% load and up to 5.1 hours on full load on one full tank of 2.1 gallons
- Works quietly at 62 decibels
- Has the protective Honda Oil alert function to preserve the unit from being damaged due to low oil
- Meets all US emission level standards
- 3-year warranty for home users, a 1 for commercial use
Why should you buy a Honda generator
Honda Power Equipment has been widely recognized as the leading producer of inverter power generators in the world.
These generators are much more efficient when it comes to fuel consumption than others, and are quieter. Plus they provide top quality, consistent power which is safe for even the most sensitive equipment connected to them.
If you need an emergency backup generator for your home or workplace, a generator for your RV, yacht or camping trips, one for powering your tools outdoors, or for any other need, there is no better choice than picking one of these amazing Honda generators which we have handpicked for you.
These are the best Honda generators on the market, and all are of top quality, durable, easy to maintain, efficient, eco-friendly and are superb investments to make.
You will thank us (and Honda) next time the power goes off and you have a reliable backup solution to this frustrating problem!
What to look for when buying a Honda generator
So, if you are not quite sure which features to look for when shopping for the best Honda generator for your needs, here are our suggestions, and the features which we took into consideration when assembling our top 10 best list for you:
What will you be using it for?
If you need a generator for home emergency backup, then the EU and EM series all have easy to connect transfer switches which you can use to quickly supply the basic appliances with power during a blackout.
If you want a generator for your RV, boating, tailgating or camping, we suggest you choose one of the portable and super quiet EU generators.
Last but not least, if the generator is for industrial need, you should probably go with the EB series and the other units which have GFCI protection and are OHSAS certified.
The noise level
All of our top picks are quieter than other generators of the same capacities. You should choose the models from the EU series which run at lower decibels of 49 to 60 decibels if you are planning on using them indoors, in an RV or for camping.
For industrial use, you may go with the louder ones, which are still much quieter than generators from other brands thanks to the mufflers and the inverter technology and 4-stroke silent engines.
Fuel efficiency and runtime
Our top pick as well as the other models on our list are all fuel efficient and have long run times. This is mainly due to the Honda Eco-Throttle technology which allows for automatic adjustment of the motor speed in accordance with the current use and load of the generator.
Some of our top picks form the EU series can run for up to 20 hours! And some from the EG, EB, and EM series have extra-large fuel tanks.
Make sure you check out the specifications we have provided regarding the tank capacity and running hours on full and on quarter load so that you pick the one which will best serve your needs.
The quality of the power output
Thanks to the advanced inverter technology and the AVR, iAVR and DAVR systems for voltage regulation of many of these generators by Honda, the sine wave of the power generated has nearly no distortion or fluctuation. This is extremely important to keep your electrical appliances safe as well as the generator safe from damage. It is highly recommended for those of you planning on powering expensive and sensitive equipment and tools with the generator.
Size and portability
Of course, you need to consider whether you will be carrying the generator around, traveling with it, or keeping it static in your garage or home and where you will be storing it before you buy the best one for your needs.
The EU and other portable generators by Honda are very compact and lightweight so you can carry them around literally anywhere.
For less mobile needs, you can pick one of the larger EB or EM generators which have two wheels and foldable comfortable handles.
The 4-stroke engines of all Honda generators are legendary for their ease of being started. Some of our top picks have electric starters, for added convenience, such as the EU3000iS, and the EU7000i among others.
Durability and quality
Since buying a generator can be quite a substantial investment, it is essential that you pick one which is made of top quality materials, and one which has safety mechanisms to protect it against damage due to low oil levels, overloading, and fluctuations in the power output.
Thankfully, all of Honda’s generators are very sturdy and durable and have integrated protection which switches them off before any damage is done to the unit due to various problems with the currency, the load, and the oil.
Models like the Honda EU7000iS can literally be used 24/7 day after day without worries about it getting damaged.
Honda is considered one of the most reputable manufacturers of reliable and durable generators and offers 1 to 3 years of warranty for all its products.
Repair parts, service, and support
When you buy an expensive piece of equipment like a generator you need to make sure that you will have access to all necessary spare parts, as well as to reliable service for years to come.
All of Honda’s generators are backed with quite comprehensive warranties Honda has the best dealer network in the US, plus more than 2,000 authorized dealers around the world, so you can rest assured that if anything goes wrong with your generator, you will get the best class service and find all the necessary parts without a problem!
Buying a Honda generator is one of the wisest and best investments you will ever make. We are certain that whichever generator from our list you pick, you will be extremely satisfied with the results. These generators are incredibly durable, well-made, reliable and efficient. You won’t need to worry about your generator failing during the next power cut or emergency blackout with one of these amazingly quiet, safe and easy to use power generators which will supply you with the best quality power possible!
Good luck with your choice and enjoy the benefits of owning a top quality Honda generator!
Last update on 2019-03-21 at 05:43 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API