Do you wish that you would wake up one morning without a single unwanted hair on your body?
Well, while this is not really possible, you can easily treat your body or face at the places where you don’t want hair with one of the excellent home laser removal devices like the top-rated Braun Silk Expert 5.
In a matter of several treatments, you will notice that the hair on the treated area is growing thinner, falling off, and eventually that it has stopped growing altogether.
With a good quality, safe home laser hair removal tool you can treat any area of your body or face which you want in the privacy and comfort of your home. Also, you won’t have to spend thousands of dollars on professional hair removal.
Since the market is full of low quality and possibly unsafe products that claim to provide permanent hair removal, we have created a list of the best safe and FDA cleared home laser hair removal systems for 2019 for you.
All of our top 10 picks are tested and are efficient, safe and easy to use at home.
Read on to find out more about these useful hair removal devices.
We picked the Braun Silk Expert 5 IPL BD 5004 home laser hair removal tool as the best one for 2019. This hair removal tool is probably the safest intense pulse light (IPL) home hair remover on the market right now.
The Braun Silk Expert automatically scans and assesses the skin tone 80 times a second. It then automatically adapts the strength of each and every flash, according to the skin tone. This is essential in order to prevent burns, scarring, as well as to increase the efficiency of the IPL hair removal technology.
The Braun Silk Expert 5 IPL hair remover is very reasonably priced in comparison to the other larger models. It is compact and ergonomically shaped so you can comfortably hold it in any direction while working on your chosen body area.
This premium quality home laser hair removal tool provides the perfect safety between safety and efficiency which other similar products on the market lack.
With its automatic skin tone sensor, you won’t have to worry about damaging your skin, or about using the inappropriate strength level of the IPL for permanent hair removal. This nifty home laser hair removal tool will automatically choose one of 10 different energy levels in normal mode.
Also, this device is designed to produce a flash only when the skin contact sensor is in full contact with the skin. This will save flashes and will ensure that you are getting the IPL intensity you need in order to start seeing results soon.
The tool is designed to allow for fast treatment of large body areas quickly because it requires only 1-2 seconds of recovery time before it emits the next flash. In fact, you can treat each and every part of your lower leg or arm in less than 7 minutes, and then move on to the next one.
This is essential because ladies often get bored and impatient when it comes to regularly treating their bodies with such IPL hair removal devices.
Using a device like the Braun Silk Experts 5 requires persistence and patience, like with all other home laser hair removal systems. But it has a special glide mode which allows you to treat larger areas and trigger more flashes without missing a spot.
There is also a precise treatment mode, which you can use to manually release the flashes when treating smaller or more delicate areas of your body or face.
The strength of the IPL flashes and the energy level automatically adapts to your skin tone, but you can also manually set the tool to a gentle or normal mode when needed too. In fact, it has 3 different modes to pick from manually – gentle, normal, and extra gentle.
This superb hair removal device pairs with the Venus Silk-expert app which is available for iOS and for Android smartphones and devices. The useful device will allow you to keep track and log your treatments, and then get a follow up on the progress. The app also has a feature allowing you to see how the automatic SensoAdapt skin tone sensor actually works.
It is sold with a lamp with a lifetime of 300,000 flashes, which is sufficient to treat your entire body every month for about 15 years. It emits flashes ranging from 3 to 6J per square centimeter and can lead to longer-lasting hair reduction as compared to the less powerful alternatives on the market.
It works at a 100-240V voltage so you can even take it with you when you are traveling and use it safely abroad.
The safe and efficient home laser hair removal tool by Braun comes with a luxury Gillette Venus Razor which you can use to shave the body areas before treatment, which is required in order to have an effect from the IPL hair removal procedures.
You can use this comfortable to hold and easy to use home laser hair removal tool on each and every part of your body and face safely and painlessly. It is only 4.3 x 14 x 6.8 inches in size and weighs 1 pound, so you can easily hold it in your hand and move it around comfortably and effortlessly.
Like the other similar devices using IPL technology, the Braun Silk Expert works best on people with light to medium skin tones and with darker hair.
This is a very safe product to use and has been FDA cleared and CE certified.
The premium quality hair removal device is sold at a fair price and comes with 100-day money back satisfaction guarantee, so you can buy it and test it, and if you are not happy – you can return it.
But with the quality of this tool, we don’t think you will be unhappy. In fact, if you use it properly and as recommended- once a week, then you can expect to see results with hair thinning and permanent hair reduction as early as 4 weeks after starting to use the Silk-Expert 5 IPL.
This is one of the best and most affordable home laser hair removal tools from the Philips Lumea series which you can find on the market in 2019.
With this easy to use hair removal tool, you will be able to enjoy up to 2 months of hair-free and smooth skin, after the first 4-5 treatments.
This Lumea uses an enhanced Salon IPL technology used in professional salons, which has been adapted for safe and efficient use at home.
The device has been designed and made in collaboration with leading experts in dermatology and science.
The Philips Lumea SC1998 is suitable for a wide variety of skin types except for very dark natural or tanned skin and is efficient for black, dark blond, blond, and brown hairs.
It is safe to use even in delicate areas such as the bikini, underarms, and face.
The hair removal tool comes with special attachments including a 2 square cm Precision attachment for the face, a 4 square cm Body attachment for the rest of the body, and a Bikini area attachment of 2 square cm for the bikini line and area.
You can safely use it for removing hair and fuzz from your face on all areas – including the chin, upper lip, sideburns, and others.
The IPL hair removal tool can be used in gliding mode for covering large areas of the body faster, or in stamp mode for smaller areas where more precision is required.
The treatment of the legs takes about 8 minutes, and of the face, underarms or bikini – about 1 minute for each area. As well as working on putting the hair follicles under the skin in a resting phase, the Philips Lumea will also make your skin softer and livelier.
The Philips Lumea has 5 light energy settings which the tool adjusts automatically in accordance with your skin type. It has an integrated safety system that allows for flashing only when the sensor is in full contact with the skin.
It also features an integrated filter that helps protect your skin from UV light.
The tests involving more than 2,000 volunteers have shown that complete hair removal becomes visible after just 2-3 sessions, and the skin of the average user becomes completely hair-free after only 5 sessions. Overall, the results from the research have shown that the majority of people using this tool achieve a 75% hair reduction in just four sessions. The recommended sessions with this excellent laser hair removal tool are 3-4 treatments once every two weeks.
The hair removal device comes with a lamp with a life of 250,000 flashes, so you will be able to treat your entire body once every two weeks or once a month for years to come.
This tool can be used in the US and around the world because it has a 110-240 voltage. It also comes with a convenient soft pouch where you can store your IPL tool and its attachments and power cord.
Overall, at this price, and with the excellent results and safety of use of this home laser hair removal tool, the Philips Lumea SC1998 is one of the best deals on the market right now!
The best budget-friendly option
The best budget-friendly home laser hair removal tool for 2019 costs less than $200 and comes with an amazing 350,000 flashes. It is efficient and can help you achieve permanent hair reduction of the full body for up to 15 years of use. You won’t need to spend more money on replacement cartridges.
The Remington iLight Essential hair removal system is compact and comfortable to hold and use. It features an advanced triggerless technology which releases 3 times faster flashes, so you can treat large parts of your body quickly and seamlessly.
The size of the home permanent removal tool is only 7.2 x 4 x 7.2 inches, so you can use it effortlessly to treat your entire body in one session.
It is suitable for skin tones 1 to 5 and is FDA cleared for use on the entire body and face for females, and on the body for men. It has a skin tone sensor which will ensure that it is safe for the flash to be released every time. This will prevent any burns or other damage to your skin.
The inexpensive laser hair removal tool by Remington uses a quartz lamp and a safe Home Pulsed technology (HPL) to heat up and put the hair follicles in a resting phase, which slows down and stops the hair growth for weeks.
The device has a power of 4J per square cm, and a treatment window of 3 square cm. the technology is approved as safe for home use and yet is capable of reducing hair growth significantly after a few sessions.
You can choose one of the 5 intensity levels to treat the different parts of your body or face with the iLight Essential hair removal system.
You will notice that the hair on the treated areas will become thinner, and will stop growing after several treatments.
Using the Remington home hair removal system is easy and painless.
The affordable laser hair removal system for home use works with 100-240V of AC power so you can use it all over the world.
It is a long-lasting device for permanent hair reduction, which you can use for years to come to make sure your skin is smooth and hair-free.
So, if you are not ready to break the bank for a good quality home laser hair removal system, we recommend you opt for this inexpensive and yet efficient and safe hair-reducing tool by Remington.
The rest of the best
The Remington iLight Ultra is one of the most powerful home laser hair removal systems which are approved by the FDA for use by men and women. With a device like this, you will see stunning results of up to 94% hair reduction after only 3 treatment sessions.
- It uses a Professional Light Technology which releases 24J per flash, which is more than most of the other IPL home hair removal tools offered on the market
- It provides longer-lasting results
- This tool is as close as you can get to the professional laser hair removal tools used in salons
- The tests of the tool show that up to 94% hair reduction is achieved after only three treatments, so it is perfect for those of you who do not have the patience to wait for months for the first results to become evident
- You will notice that the hairs on the treated area start falling out after 7-10 days following the treatment
- With a device like this, you can say goodbye to that ugly and prickly stubble
- The system has been FDA approved and clinically tested as safe and efficient for treating the whole body and the face
- You can safely use it to permanently remove those unsightly hairs on your chin, upper lip, and sideburns
- It is sold with 65,000 flashes
- The set includes a Face cap and a Body cap
- The flashes are released every 3 seconds when the Body cap is in use, and every 4 seconds when the Face cap is in use
- The IPL system comes with a base and a comfortable to hold and maneuver hair removal treatment tool
- The system is safe for face tones from 1-4, and like other IPL tools works best on lighter skin tones and medium to darker hairs
- You shouldn’t use this tool if you have darker skin, or on moles, dark spots or tattoos for safety reasons
- The recommended treatment is once every 2 weeks
- It can be used in the USA and in other countries because it works on both 110 and 220V
- The dimensions of the entire unit with the base are 10 x 9.5 x 8.5 inches, and it weighs 4.12 lbs.
With a flash power of 32J per flash, this FDA-approved home hair removal system by Remington is as close as you can get to the pro-range laser removal systems used by professionals.
- The tool is among the most powerful home laser hair removal devices which have been FDA approved for use on the face and the body
- It emits a stunning 32J per flash which means it is twice as effective than most of the other home laser hair removal tools on the market
- It uses a Professional Intense Pulsed Light technology to heat up and dissolve the hair follicles
- The treatment cap has a large treatment area of 4 square cm, which means you can treat larger areas of your body and face much faster, and by using fewer flashes
- There is also a smaller Precision cap with a treatment area of 2 square cm, which is useful for more delicate and smaller areas
- The treated hair will start falling off in 7-10 days following the treatment
- Your skin will become hairless and much smoother after just 3 treatments with this powerful home hair removal system by Remington
- It works safely and efficiently on skin types 1-4, and should not be used on dark or tanned skin, or on moles or tattoos
- The size of the tool and its base is 10.8 x 10.9 x 5.2 inches
- It works on 110-230V
If you want to achieve truly permanent hair removal with a system that you can use in the privacy of your home, then the V2R Galvanic Electrolysis System is the best tool to opt for. While IPL achieves permanent hair reduction and removes the hair for up to 2 months, with electrolysis you can achieve permanent hair removal.
Plus, with electrolysis, you can treat and remove hair of all colors, and use it on all skin types.
- Electrolysis is the only form of permanent hair removal which has been approved by the FDA
- It works by destroying the hair follicles through heat conducted into each follicle, so every hair is treated individually, but with a permanent effect
- It may be slower and not so easy to use as a home IPL hair removal system, but the results are permanent
- This is the type of machine which is used in salons for permanent laser hair removal treatment
- You will save thousands of dollars from going for professional electrolysis treatments if you invest in this machine
- The V2R galvanic Electrolysis system has an output intensity of 18,000 kµV
- This is one of the few and the best valued pro-range electrolysis machines approved for home use you can find on the market
- The output can be precision adjusted to different levels for comfortable and safe use on all body parts
- It comes with a probe stylus, an anode, a footswitch, 5 other disposable sterile probes, 2-oz conductivity gel and very detailed instructions for use
- The electrolysis machine can be used anywhere around the globe
This IPL home laser hair removal system from the Lumea Series is one of the newest and most advanced of all Philips Lumea tools offered on the market. The Lumea Prestige is efficient, easy to use, and works well on men and women, and is the most powerful IPL hair removal device from the Lumea series so far.
- It comes with four smart attachments, including a Body, Face, Underarm and Bikini treatment attachments
- The device features a SmartSkin Sensor which automatically adjusts the energy level of the flash in accordance with your skin tone
- It is suitable for a wide variety of skin and hair types, excluding very dark skin, and white or very light blond or red hair
- Studies show a 92% hair reduction after only 3 treatments with this device
- Treatments should be conducted every 2 weeks, and after 4 of these treatments, you will only need to perform touch-ups once a month
- The tool uses Intense Pulsed Light-IPL to out the hair follicles in a resting phase, and after follow up treatments, the hair growth reduces significantly
- The Body treatment attachment has a window size of 4.1 square cm, and has a convex curved form for easier treatment of all of the curves on the body
- The Face treatment attachment has a window size of 2 square cm and an extra filter to protect the delicate skin on the face, it is flat for easier treatment
- The Underarm attachment has a window sized 3 square cm and a curved shape so you can zap all the hairs on your armpits easily
- The Bikini attachment is curved and has a 3 square cm window and an added filter to protect the sensitive skin in the bikini area
- The lamp of the tool has 250,000 flashes
- The home laser hair removal device is sold with a useful Satin Compact pen trimmer so you can easily remove any singular hairs from your face and body before or after treatment, without leaving unsightly stubble
- The tool is comfortable to hold and maneuver and has 5 different direction settings so you can treat large body areas faster, and without stopping
- It works with 110-230V and comes with an EU plug and an adapter for use in the USA
- It comes with a 100-day money back guarantee and 2 years of warranty
The Braun Silk Expert Pro 3 PL3111 is the newest, safest and fastest IPL permanent hair reduction tool by the company. It will be released in the first week of January, but you can pre-order it now at an excellent price.
- This is the latest generation of Braun’s successful IPL hair reduction system line
- It will help you achieve a permanent hair reduction on the face and body in just 3 months
- It is the safest IPL hair removal technology approved by the International Skin Health Organization and is cleared by the FDA for home use
- The tool has a SMART IPL which uses a SensoAdapt skin sensor to adjust the power of each flash in accordance with the skin tone
- The IPL light also provides UV protection of the skin for added safety during and after use
- Thanks to the design of this innovative IPL hair removal tool you can treat both of your legs for just 9 minutes, using the lowest energy level
- It is twice as fast as the previous Silk Expert 3 IPL device
- The home laser hair reduction tool comes with a Precision head attachment, a premium quality bag for storage and traveling, and a gentle Venus razor
- The precision head is suitable for treating smaller and more delicate areas like the face or bikini area
- It has a fast gliding as well as an individual stamp mode, so you can use it seamlessly on larger areas, and more precisely and slowly on smaller parts of your body or face
- The device itself is about 15% smaller and 25% lighter than the previous models in this series by Braun, which will make using it even easier and more comfortable
- It features 2 comfort modes – normal and gentle
- Its lamp has a life of 300,000 flashes which is sufficient to last you for 16 years, and which is 20% more than the previous Silk Expert
- The device has 3 intensity levels
- Its size is 9.3 x 4.1 x7.6 inches, and it weighs 1.63 lbs.
- At the moment it is available for pre-order at a great price
- The device is sold with a 100-day money back satisfaction guarantee
The Silk’n Sensepil Professional Grade hair removal device uses a safe and efficient hair reduction technology like the ones used by professional hair removal systems. It is smaller and FDA cleared for safe home use.
- It utilizes the patented Home Pulsed Light (HPL) technology to slow down and permanently reduce the hair growth on the body and face
- It will help you save thousands of dollars for professional treatment, and you can use it whenever you like in the privacy of your own home
- It has a large treatment window of 2 x 3cm which allows for faster treatment larger body areas
- The tool is high-speed and can emit 1 pulse per 3.5 seconds, so you can treat 1.7cm of your skin in just a second
- The device comes with a lamp with 200,000 flashes
- The maximum energy level of the unit is 5J/square cm
- The HPL hair removal device is fitted with a safety skin tone sensor, so it will work only when the skin tone is safe to work on and will adjust its energy levels accordingly for safe and comfortable use
- It works with 100-240V AC power
- It is an affordable and compact alternative to the professional range hair removal systems
- You will be able to see the first results after only 6 treatments, and you will only need to do maintenance treatments once a month after the first 8 sessions
- The device is suitable for use by both men and women
- The size of this pro-grade home laser hair removal system is 5.4 x 7.6 x 8.3 inches, and it weighs 3.55 lbs.
Do you want a home laser hair removal system which you can use all your life without needing to buy new cartridges, or replacing it? With the Silk’n Infinity, you can have this – and at a very reasonable price.
- It is sold with a lamp with 400,000 flashes, which is enough impulses to last you a lifetime, without the need to replace cartridges or buy new hair removal systems
- The tool uses an improved Enhanced Home Pulsed Light to make the hair follicles enter a resting period, and postpone and decrease hair growth
- The Enhanced HPL combines IPL and galvanic current, which helps open up the pores of the skin so that the light can reach even the deepest and most stubborn hair follicles and ingrown hairs
- The technique is both efficient and gentle on the skin, and will help not only remove the hairs but will rejuvenate your skin as well
- You can choose between the convenient glide or pulse modes, so you can treat larger areas faster, and smaller or more delicate areas with greater precision
- The tool has 5 customizable energy levels
- The quartz bulb reloads very quickly allowing for faster impulses and faster treatment – of flashes every 1-2 seconds
- It is suitable for both the face and the body, including delicate zones like the face, or bikini area
- The treatment window area is 0.9 x 3cm (2.7 square cm)
- The maximum energy level of an impulse is 4J per square cm
- It has a skin tone sensor which will keep your skin safe and will allow for use at certain energy levels depending on the skin color
- The device is compact and very easy to use even if you have small hands
- It comes with a useful mobile app which will allow you to schedule your treatments and monitor your progress
- The recommended treatment plan includes 4 treatments every 2 weeks, and then another 3 weeks every month. After that, the treatments should be done as needed
- You can see the results after the first 3-4 sessions
- The size of the unit is5.1 x 3 x 2 inches, and it weighs 4.8-oz
- It is FDA cleared and CE certified for all skin types except black
- You can purchase the Silk’n cleansing stand and share the device with your family or friends
- It is suitable for use by both men and women
You may have noticed that we have rarely used the term permanent hair removal devices in this article. The reason is, that the majority of the best home laser hair removal systems use IPL or HPL technologies that emit light that reaches the melanin in the hair follicles and makes them go into a resting phase or to destroys them.
None of these devices are certified and cleared as permanent hair removal devices. They are more of hair reduction or long-term removal systems.
With a tool like this, you can achieve a temporary hair-free zone for two or more months. After that, follow up treatments need to be done. But then again, your hair will eventually become finer, thinner and will be much less noticeable and thick if you use one of these superb tools.
The only home laser hair removal system on our list which can help you achieve real permanent hair removal is the V2R Galvanic home electrolysis machine. But it is slower and more difficult to use due to the fact that you need to treat every single hair follicle individually.
For those of you who want an easy solution – the IPL and HPL hair removal tools from our list are perfect.
They work quickly, efficiently and safely, and you can treat your entire body and face in one session easily and without help.
Most of them require only 3-4 treatment sessions every other week in order for the results to become visible.
You will need to be consistent and patient for the results to start showing, unlike with shaving or waxing, but the long-term hair reduction, slower growth, and hair removal makes these home laser hair removal devices absolutely worth investing in. during the treatment, you should not pluck, wax or dye the hair you are treating. Instead, you should shave or trim it until it falls off as a result of the treatments.
We have selected the leading models of all of the reputable manufacturers and brands of such home hair removal systems, and have excluded any of the false or potentially unsafe products which are offered as efficient permanent hair removal tools.
It is essential that you pick a home laser hair removal device from a brand you can trust, because you will be applying it on your own skin, and you want to keep your skin healthy and undamaged, right?
Most of our top picks are suitable for use both by women and men too.
Keep in mind that IPL and HPL hair removal systems are not efficient for removing white, grey, light blonde or red hair. Also, they should not be used on dark brown or black skin.
So, go ahead and choose the hair removal device which suits your needs the best, and enjoy living a hair-free life from now on!
- Electrolysis vs. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal vs. Electrolysis: What’s the Difference?
- I Want to Get Rid of My Facial Hair. What Method Should I Use?
- IPL Hair Removal – What are the Risks and Benefits?
- What is IPL Hair Removal? | Philips
- Intense pulsed light – Wikipedia
Last update on 2019-12-12 at 23:35 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API