Do you suffer from muscle tension or aches? Or you tend to suffer through those unbearably painful menstruation cramps each month?
A good and safe heating pad can do wonders for those of you with arthritis, injuries, muscle pains, or menstrual cramps.
We feel for you, so we have asked a number of doctors and safety experts about the best heating pads which can help deal with the pain and the discomfort associated with one or more of these ailments.
After a lot of reviews and testing, we have come up with our top 10 list of heating pads for 2021. Read on to find out more about our top picks, why we liked them, how they will help you as well as some useful tips on choosing the heating pad for your needs.
Overall best choice
The smooth microplush cover is one of the softest and most comfortable we have tested. This wonderful heating pad can be adjusted to six different heating levels from 105 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit, so you can choose the heat level, which provides you with comfort. It has small increments, unlike other pads we tested, which makes it easier and possible to fine-tune in order to find that perfect eat level, which will soothe your aches.
The control unit is very simple to set up and use. All you need to do is switch the heat on and turn it up or down. It has a useful auto timer off function, which you can choose to use or not as well. The settings are simple and don’t require too much fiddling around with the controls.
The LCD display has large and easy to see numbers, as well as a backlighting function suitable for dark conditions, so you don’t need to get out of bed or turn the light on to adjust the settings.
The 9 ft. long cord is steadily plugged into the pad, which means it is very unlikely it will get loose during use.
The cover dries very quickly after washing, and the heating pad comes with a nifty storage bag, so you can easily put it away or carry it with you when you travel.
Its large size of 12 x 24 inches allows you to cover larger areas of your body easily or to wrap it around a painful body part for added comfort and relief.
You can also safely spray the heating pad with some water if you need it dampened for moist heating therapy.
It is reasonably priced and comes with a 5-year warranty, which is something everybody will appreciate.
Overall, the PureRelief XL King Size electric pad is definitely the best heating pad we have tested in 2021.
It has almost the same features as the PureRelief XL, including six temperature settings, a backlit LCD screen on the controller, and a similar soft and smooth texture on both sides of the cover. It too comes with a 5-year warranty from the manufacturer.
The Sunbeam is slightly more expensive than the PureRelief XL, and also the easy to attach and detach clip-in cord plug of our top choice is significantly easier and more comfortable to use than that of other models.
But still, the Sunbeam XPressHeat pad is an excellent heating pad that will help resolve your muscle or other pains and discomfort quickly. It can actually heat up completely in just 30 seconds, which is about 4 times faster than regular heating pads. So, if you are looking for a quick pain relief solution – this could be the right heating pad for you.
The size of this pad is again 12 x 24 inches which is large enough to cover your shoulders, legs, or back. The 9 ft. long cord will not get in the way as you move around.
The microplush fabric is very easy to maintain, as it is machine washable and will dry quickly.
The control has an auto shut off function which you can set in order to save energy and for safety reasons, like when you go to sleep.
Overall, we can highly recommend this large-sized heating pad to anybody looking for a reliable, quick heating and an easily adjustable heating pad, which provides ultimate comfort and is very easy to keep clean and maintain.
Best budget choice
This simple heating pad is for those you wary to use electricity for heating or cooling therapy. It weighs 2 lbs., which is the perfect weight allowing it to absorb and transfer heat, and yet not too heavy to become uncomfortable after a few minutes of use.
The Carex Bed Buddy is filled with all-natural materials, including herbs, grains, and flowers. It provides moist heating without the need of spraying it or wetting it because it absorbs the moisture from the air. It is a perfect choice if your ailment or treatment requires alternating between hot and cold treatments, as it is both microwaveable and freezable.
This form-fitting and comfortable heating and cooling pad is perfect for relieving neck, shoulder, or back pain. It will follow the contours of your body no matter whether it is heated or frozen. You can wrap it around sore joints or muscles, and use is at as a natural and non-electrical target relief solution.
It makes the perfect compress for soothing injuries as well. It is perfectly safe and provides the moist heat therapy recommended by so many doctors for relieving neck and other pain.
We strongly recommend this all-organic, budget-friendly, and versatile heating and cooling pad to anybody looking for a non-electrical and natural solution to their muscle or joint pains and ailments!
The other heating pads which made it to our top 10 list
- Reaches intense but comfortable heat levels in less than 3 minutes
- It switches off after 25 minutes of use – suitable for timed palliative heating sessions
- A large 14 x 27-inch pad can cover the entire back or abdomen
- soft removable cover, which is machine washable
- Easy to use slide control
- 6ft cord
- A safe and comfortable patented Moist-Sure technology for better heat penetration which pulls moisture directly from the air
- Flexible and yet rugged construction
- Features evenly distributed weights to keep the heating pad in place
Related article: What Handkerchief To Buy For Blowing Nose
- SmartHeat technology provides consistent heat without spikes and lows
- Designed for wrapping around the lower back, but can be used for the hip, neck, shoulder, or abdomen too
- Velcro strands secure the pad around the painful area
- Simple to plug and unplugs, so you can move around without needing to remove the pad
- 4 heat settings
- An auto shut off function
- Machine washable and dryable
- Made of 100% durable and soft polyester
- It can be dampened to increase the heating penetration
- Extra-large 12 x 24-inch heating pad which can cover your entire back, abdomen, shoulders, or legs
- Heats up in 4 seconds
- Has 3 heat settings to choose from and can reach up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- An automatic 2-hour power off function will help you stay safe and save electricity
- Versatile use, you can use it for soothing pain as well as for staying warm
- Can be moistened for a deep steam heating effect
- Safe for use, with ETL certification
- Comes with a 90-day warranty
- Ergonomic design made to fit the neck and shoulders comfortably like a scarf.
- It can be used for the legs, arms, and body parts too
- Excellent non-electrical heating option
- No cord – so it is portable, and you can walk around with it easily
- Made of non-pill thick fleece and filled with rice
- Since this model can be a tad too heavy for some (2.5 lbs.), there I an optional wider and lighter model filled with flax seeds (2 lbs.)
- The rice perfectly shapes to fit the contour of your body so that the heat is spread evenly through the painful area.
- The wrap is microwaveable, and the heat can last up to 1.5 hours
- Very fast heating to 149 degrees Fahrenheit
- An extra-long 10 ft. cord
- Perfect for relieving headaches, tension, stiffness, or pain
- The 12 x 24-inch pad can cover or wrap large areas of the body
- Can be used for warming up when lounging or sleeping
- A 2-hour auto shut off will help save energy and keep you safe from overheating
- Can be used dry or moist
- 3 adjustable heat settings
- Machine washable
- Sold with a 90-day warranty
Related: Back Massagers For Pain Relief
If you are shopping for a large-sized heating pad that can cover large muscle groups and which can be used as an electric heated throw, the PureRelief XXL is the absolute best choice available in 2021.
- Extra wide size of the heating pad (20×24 inches) allows you to cover and wrap around your entire back, shoulders, legs or can be used as a warming throw on the cold winter nights
- 6 temperature settings from 105 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit with small increments allowing for perfect fine-tuning of the heat level
- 120-minute auto shut off function
- The super soft microplush cover provides ultimate comfort even on bare skin
- The fabric can safely be machine washed and will dry very quickly
- The pad heats up in just a few seconds to provide instant warmth or pain relief
- It can be used dry or moist
- An easy to use controller with an LCD display for quick and easy setting and adjustment
- 9 ft. cord
- 5-year warranty, 24/7 customer support
- Multi-purpose rectangular design – it can be used for heating any body part
- Has a comfortable weight of 2.5 lbs. which provides gentle and soothing pressure, perfect for relieving sore muscles, injuries, painful joints, arthritis, tendonitis, and so on
- No cords and no electricity, you just need to microwave it to heat it up
- You can use it whenever you want and wherever you want
- Dimensions are 11 x 6 inches
- One side is cotton (for added heat), and the other is fleece (less hot and softer)
- Filled with rice which conforms perfectly to the shape of your body
- Can be used to keep you warm in the winter
- Durable make
- 1-year warranty by the manufacturer
- Very affordable price
Which features to look for when picking heating pads
The heating pads being offered on the market may seem very similar, but there are some features that could make one heating pad significantly better than another.
Here are some of the features we looked for when testing the heating pads, which can help you choose the one for you:
- It should have 3 or more heating levels (if it is electrical powered, of course)
- Ability to adjust and fine-tune the temperature level precisely
- It should offer both moist and dry heating options
- Machine washable cover or pad
- An auto shut off timer
- An easy to use controller
- The softness, comfort, and nice feel of the pad on the skin
- The heat dispersion and even heating
- Quick heating for instant relief or warmth
- Lightweight and yet heavy and flexible enough to stay in place and provide comfortable soothing through direct contact with the skin
- Ease of use
- Usability – this is determined by the pad size, the cord length, and the style of the controller.
- Safety features – auto shut off, certifications, and others
A good heating pad can be a much healthier, safer, and cheaper alternative to using pain medication, messy creams, and patches for relieving chronic or other pain. The heat produced by these pads can help alleviate arthritis pain, sore muscles, neck, back, shoulder, hip, chest, leg, and any other pain or tension in the human body.
The heat causes the blood vessels to dilute and helps improve the blood flow and thus the influx of nutrients and oxygen in the injured area allowing it to heal faster.
Plus, a heating pad can do wonders even if you are not in pain, as you can use it for stress and fatigue relief, as well as a good old electric heating blanket or mattress pad when the temperatures drop.
Hopefully, we have provided you with the answer to the question – which is the best heating pad for 2021.
All of our top picks have been tested by us and by experts, and we can honestly say – there are no better options on the market right now. They are all safe, affordable, and efficient and will help you relax those painful body parts quickly and very pleasantly.
So, good luck with your purchase, and enjoy the warm, soothing, and relaxing feeling of that heating pad against your body!
- Are Ionic Air Purifiers (Ionizers) Safe or Bad for Your Health? - September 20, 2021
- Levoit Air Purifier Reviews 2021 - September 14, 2021
- The 10 Best Multivitamin for Men – 2021 Review - August 18, 2021
Last update on 2021-09-22 at 22:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API