Want to buy an ultra-comfortable and durable giant bean bag chair to enjoy some relax time at home, your dorm room or your office?
We have carefully reviewed and tested a number of large-sized bean bag available right now, and have had quite a lot of fun while at it. Oh, the joy of jumping into one of these amazing chairs!
There are some excellent options which we can strongly recommend! You can choose one of these superb models which vary in design, size, materials, shape, and functionality.
Find the best one for your needs now!
Here are our top picks for 2019.
The Jaxx, 6-foot Cocoon, is a very versatile giant model. You can use it as a cloud-soft bed, or flip it and use it as a chair. You will feed all cuddly and comfy in this one.
- Multi-positional design – can be used as a chair or bed for lounging
- Great for guest rooms, kids rooms or for home theater
- Removable and machine washable lush micro-suede cover
- The filling is made of different density micro-cushions from polyurethane form
- The liner has a childproof zipper
- Very generous dimensions: 72(L) x 72(W) x 20(H) inches and 52 lbs.
- 1-year warranty
- Stylish design and various color options
- It does require initial assembly which can be a bit messy
- It comes with an odor, so you may want to air it out for a couple of days before using it
If you are wondering whether to get a comfy and extra-large bean bag chair or a normal size, the Jaxx 6 Cocoon is perfect, as it can be used as both.
Related – Which is the best 80 inch TV
If you want a model which you can effortlessly move around the house and enjoy its comfort in any room, the Flash Furniture oversized bean bag is a highly recommended option. We have picked it as the best bean bag at the best price right now.
- Very lightweight and portable (10 lbs.)
- Great comfortable size (42 42 x 19 inches)
- Filled with polyurethane foam beans which are light and breathable
- Nice cotton upholstery which is removable and can be machine washed or spot cleaned
- Safety zipper to keep the beans inside
- Pretty design
- Excellent price
- Some people may require an extra refill of the filling because it can feel somewhat flat
This light and portable giant bean bag chair is offered at a great price. It is easy to clean and is so comfortable that you will be fighting over who gets to sit and relax on it!
If you are dreaming of a giant bean bag chair which can actually replace your couch where you can relax and watch your favorite show, make sure to check out this Fugu bean bag chair!
- Filled with 28 cubic feet of strands of pillow grade form unlike others which have Styrofoam filling
- A durable and easy to clean machine-washable microfiber cover
- Comfortable and giant-sized available in 6 different sizes
- Protective liner to keep the foam inside safely
- Very cool design
- It comes vacuum sealed, so you need to give the liner 48 or more hours to decompress before you can use the chair
- It takes up quite a bit of room and is not as portable as others
The Fugu bean bag is offered in a number of different sizes, so you can choose whether you want a bean bag chair, or a huge bean bag bed to take naps or sleep. It is well made, not as portable and compact as others, but is definitely a joy to relax in.
This is a wonderful giant bean bag chair that you will never want to get up from. It is very well made, sturdy and incredibly soft.
- Upholstered with plush soft ultra-durable double-stitched fabric
- Soft, comfy and durable shredded foam filling
- Available in a very wide variety of colors to meet all tastes and match any decor
- Extra-large 34(H) x 60(W) x 60(L) inches, 55 lbs.
- Perfect for any room, and can be used as a chair or bed
- Will become the centerpiece in any room
- Not so easy to move around as it is quite hefty and big
- Takes a few days to decompress and fluff up the filling after shipment
- The foam can emit a smell at first
This Sofa sack is not a bean bag chair in which you can easily move around the house, but it is utterly amazing. The soft cover and the comfortable foam filling, as well as the large dimension, will make it your favorite place to curl up and enjoy your favorite book or show!
Do you want a gigantic bean bag lounger for you and your family? The Lumaland Luxury 7-foot bean bag chair could be the perfect piece of furniture for you!
- Very spacey – its dimensions are 48 x 84 inches
- Machine washable and very soft microsuede cover – great for kids or pets
- Additional inner polyester cover
- Available in several amazing deep colors
- Filled with high-class foam which will help the chair cradle you as it takes the shape of your body
- Very modern design – great for any room
- Durable and well-made
- Quite large, so it is not suitable for small spaces and cannot be moved around easily
- Expanding the chair after shipment takes some time and it may need some fluffing up to accelerate the process
This is one of the best bean bag chairs we have tested. It is more of a sofa or bed as its dimensions are quite big. It is easy to clean, incredibly soft and can fit you and your family at the same time so you can all enjoy the fun and plush soft comfort together!
If you want a versatile and durable giant bean bag chair, this 6-foot Sofa Sack is an excellent option for you. You will feel as comfortable as ever in one of these!
- Very durable and ultra-soft cover which can be removed and washed
- Impressive size – 34(H) x 72(w) x 72(L) inches
- Double-stitched seams to keep the filling inside and the chair intact for long
- Available in all sorts of colors
- Featuring comfortable and durable furniture grade foam filling
- Made in the US
- Its size and weight when fully expanded make it challenging for moving it around. Make sure you place it where you want it once you received the compressed chair
- Decompressing and expanding it fully can take from a few hours to a few weeks
This dangerously comfortable bean bag chair can be used as a chair, an ottoman, a sofa or even as a bed. It gets quite big once it is fully expanded, so make sure you measure your room or area before decompressing this wonderfully soft and comfy piece of furniture.
Wow, the Big Joe bean bag chair is definitely a front-runner in our top 10 best bean bag chair list. It has extras that will allow you to sit in it for hours without wanting or needing to get up.
- Has a convenient bottle or drink holder and a pocket for your book, tablet or another device
- Features a convenient handle to move it around the house easily
- Durable and stain-resistant upholstery made of SmartMax ballistic nylon
- Easy to clean
- Double-stitched for added resilience and safety
- Available in a wide array of colors
- Filled with UltimaX beans that take the contours of your body for ultimate comfort
- Not as large as others (33 x 32 x 25 inches) makes it suitable only for children and youngsters
This giant bean bag chair features a unique design and is made of waterproof and easy to clean sturdy materials. It is a superb choice for your kid’s room, and its handy bottle holder and storage pocket make it a perfect addition to any home.
Dreaming of cuddling on a giant bean bag chair or bed which is as soft as a cloud? This Chill Sack bean bag chair will provide you with the ultimate comfortable and relaxing experience.
- Oversized (60 x 60 34 inches)
- Great for young and old
- Can collapse into a seat or be used as a bed
- Filled with top quality, durable shredded memory foam for ultimate softness and chill
- Available in different stylish colors
- Soft and removable microsuede fiber cover which is stain resistant and machine washable
- Very attractive design
- Made in the USA
- May need to be fluffed up periodically so that it remains soft and doesn’t flatten down
- Quite hefty (55 lbs.) and large, so it is not very portable
This giant 5 x 5-foot bean chair is a perfect addition to any room. You will find yourself spending long hours relaxing and enjoying the cradled feeling which this Chill sack provides.
Want to buy a bean bag chair for your kid to play its video games in ultimate comfort? The 2 foot Chill Sack is an impeccable choice for young children and for teenagers.
- Suitable for children – 24 x 24 x 20 inches
- Provides dreamy comfort
- Filled with durable and very soft shredded memory foam
- Double-stitched, removable and very soft microsuede fiber cover
- Machine washable cover, and comfortable inner liner
- May need some time to fully decompress right after purchase
This is a top-quality and reasonably priced bean bag chair which your child will love! You can move it around and keep it clean easily. Your kid will be so happy if you purchase one of these amazingly comfy and soft bean bag chairs.
Another bean bag chair which is specifically designed for use by children, the ECR4Kids toddler classic bean bag chair is safe, soft and sturdy, which is what you need for a young child at home or at school.
- Very durable upholstery made of soft leather polyurethane which can be cleaned with a mild soap and warm water
- Great for daycare or for any child’s room
- Strong and comfortable polystyrene bean filling held safely inside by double zippers
- Double-stitched for added sturdiness
- Non-toxic materials used
- Compact and light, this chair is 22 x 22 x 11 inches and weighs only 4 lbs.
- Pretty small, so it is suitable only for toddlers and young children
This cute little bean bag chair is great for toddlers because you can easily move it around, clean and disinfect it, and it is perfectly safe for your precious child. Definitely a top best bean bag chair for a youngster!
Related: Top 10 Best Recliners for Big and Tall Men – 2019
Bean Bag Chair history
Everybody has sat on a bean bag chair at some point in their life, right? The fun and ultimate comfort of these chairs never seize. But have you wondered who the genius who invented this type of chair was, and how bean bag chairs evolved over time?
Here is how it all started.
The first predecessor of these chairs was invented by Roger Dean in 1965 and was filled with sea urchin. The so-called Sea urchin chair took the form of the person sitting on it thanks to the natural foam filling. This was the beginning of the evolution of today’s bean bag chair.
The first actual bean bag chair was designed in 1969 by Gatti, Teodora, and Paolini – Italian designers working for Zanotta Design.
Their innovative chair was designed to meet the tastes and preferences of the flower power generation in those amazing hippie 60’s and 70s. They called their design the “Sacco” also known as Socco.
The original Sacco was pear-shaped and made of leather. It was filled with thermocol pellets and later on with shredded polyurethane foam, polystyrene beads, urethane foam, PVC pellet or Styrofoam.
The designers were aiming at designing something practical, comfortable which will meet the style and lifestyle of the free-thinking flower children.
The original Sacco had a headrest and was made of genuine leather and filled with pure Styrofoam pellets.
Pretty soon, the Sacco became a widely popular piece of furniture. People used it because it was close to the floor and allowed for all kinds of lounging positions. This made it a perfect accessory for those casual social lifestyles of those years.
Then came the bean bag chairs of the 1970’s. They became increasingly popular as they found their place in many department stores and thus became available to the masses.
In those years, the bean bag chairs were more like the high-end ones we know today. They were mostly made of durable leather and filled with Styrofoam pellets.
Consumers around the world loved how portable, light and comfortable these wonderful chairs were. No wonder they soon became a huge hit in the US and in the rest of the western world.
It was around that time that therapists noticed that these comfortable chairs helped children with sensory integration problems. Doctors also noted how wonderful these chairs were for patients who had undergone spinal surgery too.
In the 1990s the bean bag chairs made became as versatile as ever. Manufacturers started making bean bag sofas, ottomans, recliners and other casual and inexpensive pieces of furniture.
It was in the last decade of the 20th century when unfortunate incidents including children being injured or suffocated after crawling in the filling of these chairs led to regulations for childproofing this type of chairs with safe zippers.
Now that we are well into the 21st century, the good quality bean bags are made with washable and removable covers and filled with biodegradable or other safe fillers.
Styrofoam has gradually been abandoned and instead more producers choose to use urethane or high quality shredded memory foam for added comfort and durability of the bean bag chairs.
Today you can find this type of chairs in a multitude of designs, shapes, sizes, and materials. They are well-made, childproof, and sturdier and more comfortable than their predecessors.
Just how wonderful this invention was is evident even now in 2019, nearly 50 years after that first sea urchin chair was made, when the modern version of the bean bag chair is still one of the top preferred chairs for young and old!
Join the giant fan club of giant bean bag chairs and buy one for some amazing comfort and chill right away!
- The Best Console Gaming Chair – 2019 Reviews
- Which are The Best Air Purifiers?
- Dogs That Don’t Shed: 20+ Hypoallergenic Dog Breeds
- 25 Largest Dog Breeds Ever
- The Best 10 Giant Bean Bags Chairs in 2019
- Top 10 Best 55-Inch TVs in 2019
- Top 10 Best 60-Inch TVs in 2019
- Top 10 Best 75-Inch TVs in 2019
- Which is the best 80 inch TV?
- The 100 Best Christmas Movies of All Time – 2019
Last update on 2019-12-16 at 01:55 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API