If you are looking for an exercise bike that you can use in your small apartment, dorm, or other tight space, then a good quality folding recumbent bike like the Exerpeutic 400XL is the way to go! The foldable bikes are easy to store as they take up little space and can be put away when you are not using them.
Check out our top picks for the best recumbent bikes, which can be folded for easy storage and portability for 2021.
Folding Recumbent Bike
We simply love its feature-packed and intelligent design, and most of all, we are mad about its heavily padded large seat with a backrest, which is as comfortable as a good quality desk chair.
The 400XL has eight different levels of adjustable magnetic resistance control and a high torque crank system made of three pieces. Thanks to the ultra-quiet and smooth V-belt dual drive transmission system of this bike, you will be able to exercise without bothering other family members and neighbors and enjoy watching TV or enjoying the silence.
This foldable recumbent bike by Exerpeutic is suitable for people of all sizes and with different fitness levels.
The large display is easy to view and read, and will show you your time, speed, heart rate, and the number of calories you have burned.
The capacity of the recumbent bike is for people weighing up to 300 pounds, so you don’t need to be worried about your safety or comfort even if you are on the heavier side.
The dimensions of the 400XL are 33 (L) x 19 (W) x 46 (H) inches and can be adjusted to fit people sized between 5’2” up to 6’2”. The bike weighs 43 pounds.
There are quite an accurate hand pulse sensors on the handles of the recumbent bike so that you can keep an eye on your heart rate as you train.
Thanks to its semi-recumbent design, you won’t have a problem with getting on it or off it, which is excellent news for people with limited mobility.
Of course, what you will appreciate most about this bike is the fact that you can easily fold it down and roll it away when you finish exercising. When folded, the bike is 20 (L) x 17 (W) x 54 (H) inches only.
The Exerpeutic 400XL is sold at a very reasonable price and with a warranty of 1 year.
Overall, this is the top choice if you want an exercise tool with a perfect balance between price, quality, and versatility.
Our second best favorite folding recumbent bike is the Exerpeutic Folding Upright Bike.
The high torque three-piece crank system paired with the double drive transmission of this folding recumbent bike will ensure that you enjoy the smoothest and quietest workout possible.
The magnetic tension of the bike can be adjusted to eight different preset options, which you can set in accordance with your fitness level and the desired intensity of your workout session.
It has an oversized and very soft padded seat so you won’t end up sore or feel uncomfortable when you cycle.
The hand pulse sensors will allow you to monitor your heart rate as you go on the large display on that front.
The weight limit of the upright folding bike from Exerpeutic is 300 pounds.
It is made of strong materials and has an excellent sturdy construction, which is backed with a 10year warranty from the manufacturer.
The unfolded dimensions of this recumbent bike are 31 (L) x 19 (W) x 24 (H) inches, so its footprint is very compact.
Plus, the bike can easily be folded down to almost half the size to just 22 (L) x 20 (W) x 55.5 (H) inches, so you don’t need fret about having very little free space. You can take it out and unfold it when you decide to do some training, and then quickly fold it back and roll it away when you are done.
It weighs 42.8 pounds and is a good option for those of you who are 5’3” up to 6’1” tall.
We love how little space this bike takes, and how easy it is to fold it up and store it away until next time.
Best budget option
This bike is one of the most versatile recumbent bikes we have tested, as it combines a desk and a bike in one, making it perfect for those of you working at home and looking for ways to stay active.
- The 24 x 16-inch desktop can be adjusted from 41 to 45 inches in height and can be tilted to one of the three settings, so you can place your laptop on it at the best and most ergonomic viewing angle possible.
- The desk also has a drawer and 2 cup holders, as well as a padded armrest.
- This is an excellent alternative for a standing desk.
- It weighs 65 pounds and has transportation wheels for easier portability.
- The dimensions of the desk bike when unfolded are 42.25 (L) x 25 (W) x 51.25 (H) inches.
- The bike folds up to just 21.25 x 25.50 inches, so it is easy to store
- Smooth and quiet operation thanks to the V-belt drive and the high torque three-piece cranking system
- The large padded seat is covered with cooling material to keep your buttocks cool during use.
- There is also an LCD display so you can monitor your progress as you go.
- Suitable for riders who are 5’2” up to 6’3” tall as the seat height is adjustable
- Has a weight capacity of 300 pounds
- Three-year warranty
Related article: Top 10 Punching Bags
Our other top picks for 2021
This exercise bike is a perfect choice for people with all kinds of fitness levels because the magnetic resistance can be adjusted to one of the 8 preset levels depending on your preferences for the intensity of your workout.
Both the seat and the handles of this exercise bike are incredibly comfortable, thanks to the fact that the seat has extra padding and the handles are covered with foam grips which will not only make you more comfortable but also will enable you to stay stable and safe on the bike even during the most intense workout.
You can monitor your progress on the large LCD display, which will show the time, distance, calories burned, and the speed you are currently maintaining.
The counterbalanced pedals of this exercise bike will help keep your feet supported. They have straps that can be adjusted to fit your foot size.
The size of the Marcy upright bike when unfolded is 33.5 (L) x 18.25 (W) x 43.75 (H) inches. Once you are done with the training, you can fold the bike and roll it to the storage location easily.
The NS-652 is one of the best exercise bikes you can get if you have limited space and yet still want to work out at home and improve your fitness level, lose weight and stay active because it has a tiny footprint, and folds away for storage.
- 8 easy to adjust magnetic resistance levels for workouts with different intensities
- Made of high grade 14 gauge steel which is powder coated with a special scratch-resistant finish
- The counterweighted pedals make this bike feel like a high-end one
- The pedal straps are adjustable to fit all foot sizes
- A 2 inch LCD display will show you the time, distance, calories burned and speed in real-time
- Weighing only 37 pounds, this s one of the lightest bikes in this category
- It has a weight capacity of 250 pounds
- 32 (L) x 18 (W) x 42 (H) inches when unfolded – this is the perfect bike for limited space
- Only 14 (L) x 18 (W) x 51 (H) inches when folded
- The rubberized feet will help prevent damage and scratching of your floor
- This bike is probably the best exercise tool which will allow you to do your cardio at home when you have very little free space
- The adjustable seat makes the bike suitable for people of all heights
Related article: Most Recommended Compact Under Desk Bikes
The benefits of using a folding recumbent bike
Here are some of the benefits of investing in a good quality folding exercise bike:
- Collapsible and thus easy to store away when not in use
- The most suitable option for exercising for small spaces
- Usually much more affordable than regular exercise bikes
- It is cheaper than paying monthly gym subscription fees
- Easy to assemble, disassemble and transport
- Lighter and with a smaller footprint than a non-folding exercise bike
- You can work out rain or shine, whenever you choose to
- Works for people of all fitness levels when there are adjustable resistance levels
- Provides an excellent way to lose weight, get fit and stay healthy in the comfort of your own home
We really hope that we have helped you decide which the best folding recumbent bike for you is. All of our top picks are of excellent quality, made by reputable manufacturers, and with a lot of adjustability options.
We believe that there is an exercise bike in our list for anyone, no matter what your fitness level is, and no matter how tight your free space is at home.
All of these folding bikes have small footprints, are quiet, and can be stored away easily. They are adjustable in height, magnetic resistance, and in many other ways.
A bike like one of our top picks will help you lose weight, improve your fitness level and your overall health at a reasonable price, and in the privacy and comfort of your own home!