Professionals who use a floor jack on a daily basis are well aware of the risks of purchasing a non-reliable and low-quality floor jack.
Problems such as jacks breaking down under the weight of the car due to low-quality materials or construction, which can not only damage your car but can injure you due to their inability to keep the vehicle safely lifted during work and repairs are some of the issues which you should consider when looking for a good floor jack.
There are a number of advantages of owning a high-quality floor jack, especially if you are in the automotive line of work. The range of available jacks is quite big, so you need to decide whether you need a heavy-duty floor jack, a lighter and more portable floor jack or pick between a steel or aluminum floor jack.
This depends on the type of vehicles you are planning to lift, as well as how often you are planning to use the tool and whether you are planning to carry it around with you or keep it in your garage.
Another important aspect as always is the price you are willing to pay for your new floor jack.
We have spoken to multiple auto mechanics and car repair enthusiasts in order to pick out the top 10 best floor jacks which you can rely on.
Here are our top picks for the best floor jacks for 2019.
If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of moving around a heavy steel floor jack, the Arcan ALJ2T is an option you should try out. It is light and yet sturdy and can lift any type of vehicle up to 2 tons.
- Portable and lightweight (only 50.4 lbs.,) and yet with a capacity of lifting 2 tons
- Can fit under very low profiles starting from 3 ½ inches
- Two-stage quick lift hydraulic system for easy and quick lifting with only a few pumps
- Lift height up to 19 ¼ inches
- Sturdy and light aluminum construction
- Features sturdy caster wheels as well as a base to keep it stable and safe
- Transportable and compact (30 x 14 x 7.5 inches) – you can easily keep it in your trunk
- A rubber saddle pad on the lifting arm to protect the car from scuffs and scratches
- Convenient carry handles on the jack
- Very cool and impressive design and colors
- The price is higher than some of the other floor jacks in this range
This floor jack from Arcan is easy to move around and easy to store. You need just a few pumps to lift a vehicle safely off the ground. It is a versatile and beautiful tool, which will definitely make an impression on your friends, and will come in handy whenever you need it – in your garage or on the road.
- Amazing lifting capacity of up to 3 tons – suitable for nearly all types of cars, SUVs and trucks
- Sturdy heavy-duty construction and yet lightweight thanks to the aluminum used (56 lbs.)
- Reinforced and durable lift arm
- Quick lifting via the dual pump pistons from 3.6 to 19.4 inches
- Pistons have shields for dust protection of the hydraulic system
- Great for professional and for home use
- Chassis torsion control
- The swivel caster wheels on the back and wide track ones on the front allow for easy mobility and for stability and safety
- A saddle pad for car protection and a padded handle to keep your hands comfortable and safe
- Dimensions of the jack are 31 x 12.5 x 7 inches
- The handle can be disassembled in two for easy storage and attached together with a quick lock
- A side mounted handle for easy positioning of the jack under the car
- Sleek industrial design
- Great price for the features and for the quality of the tool
- It is not made in the USA which can be a turn of for some
The Arcan ALJ3T floor jack is a light but heavy duty device which requires only up to 12 pumps to lift any kind of vehicle up to 3 tons up to a height of 19.4 inches. It can fit under many low profile sports cars as well. It is easy to use, easy to store and is definitely one of the top choices among the floor jacks of this range.
- Extra low profile – its height range is from 2.75 to 24 inches
- XL chassis (32 inches)
- Lifting capacity of up to 2 tons
- Dimensions are 32.5 x 8.2 x 11.2 inches, the weight is 97 lbs.
- Passes the American safety standard for lifting equipment 2009 ASME PALD
- Sold at a very reasonable price
- The dual pump system makes lifting a vehicle as easy and as quick as possible
- Made of heavy-duty steel
- Easy and safe car lowering thanks to the U-joint connection on the jack’s handle
- Sturdy and smooth rolling casters for better mobility and positioning of the jack
- It is quite hefty, so it is not as transportable as some of the aluminum floor jacks in the same range
The Arcan XL2T is extremely sleek and features an extra-long chassis which makes it possible to reach to any part under any type of vehicle. This tool is heavy duty, can fit underneath most of the lowest profile cars and will lift any vehicle weighing up to 2 tons with just a few effortless pumps. The price of this automotive tool cannot be surpassed, so this is definitely a top choice if you want a floor jack with these features and lifting capacity.
- Lifts up to 6,000 lbs. (3 tons)
- Construction is made of lightweight and strong aluminum with a steel lift arm for added sturdiness
- Features a quick lifting hydraulic system to save you time and effort for lifting
- Has a safety valve to prevent risking overloading the jack
- Has a rubber padded saddle to keep your car safe from scratches and damage during use
- Swiveling rear wheels for convenient mobility
- Can lift from 4 inches to 18 ¼ inches
- Lightweight and portable – 59.1 lbs., 28.4 x 13.9 x 7.4 inches
- 2 piece steel handle with foam cover for easy storage and comfortable handling
- 1 year warranty
- The thumbscrew which holds the handle is quite tough to turn
You will love the portability and the sturdiness of this floor jack. You can use for all kinds of vehicles weighing up to 3 tons. It has a quick lift system, a handle which can be disassembled, and has a lifting range of 4 – 18 ¼ inches. Overall, the Powerzone 3 ton floor jack is definitely a good choice if you want a reliable and durable automotive tool with a large lifting capacity.
- Has a lifting range from 5 to 18 ¼ inches
- Lifts vehicles up to 3 tons
- Heavy-duty welded steel construction
- The dimensions are 28 x 12 x 10 inches, 79 lbs.
- The rapid pump quick lift system allows you to lift the vehicle or load in 3 and a half pumps
- Protective foam on the handle helps protect the car and you during lifting
- Knurled steel handle provides a steady grip
- Suitable both for professionals and for automotive enthusiasts
- A universal joint release for load control
- The jack may need some bleeding of the hydraulic box before first-time use
- Not as light or portable as some of the other floor jacks we have reviewed
This is a heavy-duty steel floor jack which will serve you well for years no matter if you use it in a professional repair shop or in your own garage. True it is heavier than some of the others but is a sturdy instrument which you can rely on at all times. Also, it is available at a quite reasonable price!
Do you want to add a light and powerful floor jack to your collection of automotive tools in your garage? Jegs 80006 is a beautifully designed, 2-ton lifting instrument suitable for nearly any kind of car or load.
- Lifting capacity of up to 2 tons and a range from 3 ½ to 19 ¼ inches
- Low profile design (only 2.5 inches) allows it to fit under low profile cars
- Ultra-lightweight aluminum construction – 49 lbs.
- A 4 – 9 ¼ (diameter) lifting pad
- Meets US safety standards
- A two-piece handle with a protective sleeve and a knurled anti-slip grip
- Easy maneuvering thanks to the handles on both sides of the tool
- The low profile chassis is 26.4 (L) x 13 (W) inches
- Large wheels for easy portability and transport
- Attractive design
- It needs some venting (air removal) which can cause an oil spill before the first use of the tool
This is a good quality, elegant looking and sturdy floor jack. It is easy to set up and use, and is extremely light and portable. You can use it in your garage, or carry it with you in your trunk. It is a bit higher priced than some of the other similar models, but the Jegs low profile aluminum floor jack is definitely worth the investment.
- It comes at an affordable price
- The tool weighs only 40 lbs. but has a lifting capacity of 1.5 tons
- Very compact, the dimensions are 22 13/16 x 9 7/16 inches, so you can have it in your car trunk at all times
- Thanks to the dual parallel pump system you can lift a vehicle or a load with only 3 and a half pumps
- Entirely made of strong and durable aircraft aluminum
- The knurled handle can be disassembled for space saving purposes and for added portability
- The minimum height of the saddle starts from 3 ¼ inches and lifts up to 14 ¾ inches
- Its lifting capacity is limited to 1.5 tons, so it may not be suitable for a central whole lift of a large vehicle
This light and compact floor jack is perfect if you want to have a jack with you at all times while on the road. It is easy to use, robust and will lift the wheel of your car when the car is chocked and you need to change a tire or do other work.
This 1.5-ton floor jack doesn’t have the lifting capacity of many of the other ones on this list, but it does do wonders when you need a car jack on the road, as you can carry it in your truck without it taking too much space or putting too much weight on your car. You can get it at a superb price too!
If you have a low profile sports car and you want a floor jack which can easily fit underneath it and lift it up safely, the Sunex 6602LP may be the perfect tool for you.
- The jack fits under 75-inch cars and spaces
- It has a lifting capacity of up to 24 inches
- The load capacity is 2 tons
- Can work for low profile exotic cars as well as for trucks and SUVs
- The dual pump pistons allow you to lift a vehicle to the maximum height (24 inches) with 6.5 effortless pumps
- The 18-inch throw can reach all lift points under the car
- The low profile design of the chassis allows for full reach beneath the car
- Tested for compliance with the heavy lifting equipment standards of the USA
- Features a quick release 2-piece handle for easy storage
- Not as portable as some of the other jacks in this range, this one weighs 103.6 lbs.
Although this floor jack is quite heavy and not as easy to maneuver around as others on this list, this one has a very low saddle minimum height of 2.75 inches, which makes it perfect for those of you who have cars with really low profiles. It is sturdy, and thanks to the rapid lift system, you can lift your car or truck with just six and a half pumps up to the maximum 24-inch height.
- The minimum height which this jack will fit under is 2.5 inches
- The side frames are extra-long which allows for a long and safe reach underneath the car
- The universal joint mechanism allows for very precise control from any handle position
- Features a safety bypass device which keeps the hydraulic system from being damaged from overloading
- The wide stance and the low gravity center of the tool offers maximum stability
- The dimensions of this jack are 45.2 x 10 x 15 inches
- It is heavier than most of the other similar capacity floor jacks (120 lbs.)
- It is on the expensive side
This is an incredibly sturdy and easy to use floor jack suitable for sports and exotic or other low profile cars. The minimum height is only 2.5 inches. This 2 ton floor jack provides a strong and stable support of your car, and its long chassis will reach to any point under your car.
- Sturdy, heavy-duty steel construction
- Low profile design – 3 inches min. height
- Lifting range is 3 inches up to 19.7 inches
- The maximum weight which can be lifted is 6,000 lbs. (3 tons)
- Features a fast dual pump lifting system requiring a few easy pumps to lift the car to maximum height
- The steel handle is covered with a foam sleeve to keep the finish of your car intact
- The knurled steel handle can be disassembled in two easy to store parts
- The saddle has a strengthened rubber pad for added friction and protection
- Easy to roll and maneuver thanks to the efficient caster wheels
- It can be too hefty to keep in your car trunk – 73 lbs.
This Liftmaster floor jack is an incredibly strong and sturdy automotive tool which will endure a lot of wear and tear as well as the test of time. Made of strong steel, and featuring a low profile design, it is suitable even for the lowest of cars. It has an easy lifting system which allows you to lift vehicles up to 3 tons safely.
This is a great quality floor jack worth every cent you are paying for!
So, hopefully, this list of the best floor jacks for 2019 has helped you pick the best one for you. As you read these reviews, these floor jacks may all seem quite similar, but the devil is in the detail, so make sure you take a closer look at all the features, pros, and cons before deciding which one you are going to purchase.
Whichever model from this list you pick out – you can be certain that you are making a good investment!
Last update on 2019-04-26 at 09:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API