If you live in a humid area or if your home is damp, then you know just how unpleasant the air inside can get. What is more worrying is that too much humidity in the air can also be unhealthy and cause the growth of mold, mildew, fungi, and other microorganisms in your home as well.
Too much moisture in the air can destroy your home, furniture, and belongings, as well as harm you too. This is why many people choose to use dehumidifiers at home, at work, or elsewhere.
Energy Efficient Dehumidifier
But given the fact that these devices need to work continuously to maintain the humidity levels normal, it makes sense to look for an energy-efficient dehumidifier like the Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier.
With a good quality device like that, you will not only breathe better and healthier air and preserve your belongings, your furniture, and your home from the damage which moisture can cause, but you can do it at a low ongoing price as well.
Read on to find out more about the best energy-efficient dehumidifiers for 2021.
The Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier is the best energy-efficient dehumidifier for 2021 according to our in-depth analysis and research, and based on the main features we set for this category, namely: energy efficiency, efficiency for moisture removal, price, tank capacity, warranty, and dimensions.
This is a highly energy-efficient dehumidifier which can cover an area of up to 4,500 square feet. It has moisture removing performance of 70 pints a day and a tank capacity of 1.3 gallons.
It is sold at a reasonable price and is not too big – with dimensions of 15.4 x 10.8 x 23.2 inches and weighs only 40 lbs. Plus, it has four easy-roll casters for easy mobility as well.
The unit has a 6-foot long cord, so you can move it around and place it wherever you like without extension cords.
The warranty for this Energy Star dehumidifier is 1 year, but it is a high-quality unit, which, if maintained properly will work well for years to come.
The fact is, the Ivation 70 Pint dehumidifier requires very little maintenance – you only need to empty the 1.3-gallon tanks and wash the air filter periodically.
The tank has a transparent water level indicator as well as handles and a lid for easy carrying and emptying.
It is fitted with a humidistat, which allows it to work at a higher power only when too much moisture is detected in the air.
It has two fan settings and utilizes an innovative filtration and evaporation system to keep the air in the home at normal humidity levels and keep the construction, the furniture, and you well.
Thanks to its powerful dehumidifying function, it can help prevent the growth of mildew and mold inside, as well as remove dust, odors, and allergens from the air.
It will help you breathe healthier and fresher air and prevent asthma or allergy attacks.
The unit has a bright LED display, which will inform you of the humidistat and the current setting, as well as the fan speed, the timer setting and also, will indicate when it is time to wash the filter.
You can easily adjust any of the settings via the intuitive easy touch buttons, including adjusting the timer.
The Energy Star certified moisture remover has a nifty and energy-efficient auto defrost function, and an auto shut off, as well as an auto-restart function for power outages.
Thanks to the energy-saving timer, auto shut-off and the cleanable and reusable filter you can be sure that you are doing the best for the environment, as well as for your budget if you invest in this high-quality energy-efficient dehumidifier.
The LG Energy Star PuriCare 70 pint dehumidifier is the best one you can buy for areas up to 2,000 square feet.
This is a powerful 650-watt dehumidifier which can remove up to 7- pints of moisture per day. The device has a large 1.66-gallon water tank and its sleek size of just 16.8 x 12.6 x 26.2 inches and weighs 48.5 lbs. makes it suitable for fitting in tight spaces as well.
The device has wheels which make it even easier to move around.
The dehumidifier has an automatic humidity control function via the built-in humidistat, so it will use the higher speed setting only when there is too much moisture in the air of the room or area.
This is a two-speed energy-efficient dehumidifier which also has a timer which you can set for up to 12 hours ahead for added energy saving.
The large LED display will inform you what the humidity level in the room is, as well as the humidity level you have set the unit to.
The tank has a transparent indicator so you can monitor the water level at all times, the unit also has a full tank alert indicator which will inform you when it is time to empty it. When it comes time to empty the water reservoir, this can be done very easily and mess-free thanks to the handy side-loading bucket which has a handle and splash guard.
If you don’t want to be bothered with monitoring and emptying the tank, the Puricare dehumidifier also has an option for connecting it directly to a drain, so the water can get drained continuously without the risk of overflowing.
The device will switch itself off every 23 hours to prevent overheating. It is also fitted with thermal resistant parts and has a metal case which will prevent an outbreak or spreading of fire in your home.
Unlike many of the other dehumidifiers, this one has a really sleek and contemporary design so it will not clash with your décor unlike many of the other similar units offered on the market.
The LG PuriCare is very easy to set up and you can get it running right out of the box.
This dehumidifier has been designed to work at low temperatures as well, so you can use it in your basement or somewhere where you don’t have heating as well.
With an energy-saving dehumidifier like this, you will not only ensure that the air in your home is healthier to breathe and that there is no mildew, mold or fungi growing inside, but you will also be able to save money from the power bills and money for replacement filters, as this unit has washable and reusable ones too.
Best budget-friendly option
If you want an inexpensive dehumidifier which you can use for your kitchen, bathroom, closet or any other small room or space continuously without having to pay huge bills for electrical power, then the hOmeLabs Small Space Dehumidifier is the best option for you.
It works best in rooms or areas which are up to 150 square feet in size.
It costs just over $30 and is an excellent small dehumidifier which has a 9-oz moisture extraction capacity per day and a 16-oz tank.
This affordable energy-saving dehumidifier is perfect for use at night with low energy consumption because it is safe, quiet and energy-efficient.
You don’t need to worry about the tank starting to overflow, because this clever little energy-efficient dehumidifier has an auto shut off function which will switch off the unit when it detects that the tanks are full of water.
It also has a tank full indicator, so you will know when it is time to empty the reservoir too.
The unit also has a certified adapter for preventing overheating, so you can safely leave it on and go to sleep.
Thanks to its compact size and lightweight, the hOmeLabs Small Space Dehumidifier is easy to carry around from room to room when needed. It is just 6.5 x 5.3 x 8.5 inches in size and weighs a mere 2.6 lbs.
In order to make sure that it is working as efficiently as possible, you should clean the device once a week and empty the tank when it is full.
With this mini energy-efficient dehumidifier, you can make sure that your room is free of mildew, mold, and fungi, as well as limit the growth of dust mites and other harmful allergens.
This affordable and portable dehumidifier is suitable for traveling as well, so you can take it with you when you go on a vacation or on a business trip too if the location you are going to is too humid for your taste and for your wellbeing.
The rest of the best
Do you need a dehumidifier for your basement or for another area where you will be running it continuously and don’t want to pay a ton of money for the electricity bills?
The Haier 30 Pint Energy Star Portable dehumidifier HEN30ET is one of the best you can find on the market.
- Removes up to 30 pints of moisture per day
- Two fan speed options
- A capacity of dehumidifying areas of 2,000 – 2,500 square feet
- A 0.9-gallon water tank capacity
- A size of 19.0 x 13.4 x 9.6 inches
- A full tank indicator light and audio alert
- The reservoir has handles and is easy to remove and empty.
- An adjustable digital humidistat
- The unit will shut off automatically when the desired humidity level in the room is reached.
- A 24-hour timer to turn the device on and switch it off when needed
- An optional drain connection with a standard hose will save the time and effort of having to empty the water tank manually and will allow the unit to run continuously.
- Built-in caster for easy portability and mobility
- Size of 20.8 x 14.8 x 10.5 inches, and a weight of just 28 lbs.
- Quiet operation
- It will help prevent mildew, mold, fungi and other harmful microorganisms from growing in the warm and humid areas of your home.
- Energy Star certified
- A large and easy to use and see LED display
The Vremi 30 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier is an affordable device which will not only help you keep the air at home fresh and the furniture and home free from mold, mildew, and fungi, but will also cost you very little when it comes to electrical power.
- 30-pint removal capacity per day and a 0.8-gallon tank
- Suitable for rooms and areas of up to 1,000 square feet
- Best for bedrooms, dens, living rooms or offices
- Has an auto-stop function so it will switch itself off after a continuous 24-hour cycle, and when the tank is full
- You can also attach a drain hose to it for continuous drainage without having to empty the tank.
- The Turbo mode switches to High air which works at 138 cubic feet per minute, while the Normal air works at 129 CFM.
- Absorbs the moisture quickly and efficiently with minimum energy consumption
- A sleek and contemporary style which will fit in any interior
- Has caster wheels and side handles for easy mobility
- The size of the unit is 16.1 x 10.4 x 19.9 inches, and it weighs 30.9 lbs.
- A 6-foot long cord
- It has an air filter which purifies the air from airborne pollutants, which is washable and reusable, so you don’t need to spend money on expensive replacements.
- Easy to set up and adjust via the digital control panel on top
- Energy Star rated
- The dehumidifier is also available in a 70-pint capacity version.
If you want to invest your hard-earned money in a safe, energy-saving, and efficient dehumidifier, you won’t go wrong if you choose the Honeywell TP30WK.
- A capacity of removing 30 pints of moisture from the air per day
- Also available in larger options – 50 and 70 pints, as well as 70 pints with a pump
- Suitable for rooms or areas up to 1,000 square feet
- It is Energy Star rated.
- A smart automatic digital humidistat will help save energy and keep the humidity in the room at the desired levels, always.
- The dehumidifier has 2 fan settings.
- The noise level is as low as 49.5 decibels.
- There is a 24-hour energy-saving timer option as well, which you can set to turn the device on and switch it off automatically.
- The unit also has a nifty sleep mode.
- It has a low-temperature operation mode.
- The dehumidifier will restart and restore its previous settings automatically after a power outage.
- It has a washable and replaceable air filter that will remove dust, allergens, and other pollutants from the air.
- It helps remove or prevent mildew and mold and keeps your home, furniture, and belongings safe from excessive moisture and harmful microorganisms
- A detachable water tank with comfortable handles as well as anti-spill guards make emptying it easy and mess-free
- It has an option for a direct connection to a drain for automatic drainage.
- The size of the appliance is 10.5 x 13.2 x 20.1 inches, and its weight is 30.9 lbs.
- Sold with a 5-year warranty and friendly and useful customer care and technical support service
- Very powerful dehumidifier suitable for rooms and homes up to 4,500 square feet
- 70-pint moisture removal capacity per day
- It has an internal pump which allows for the collected water in the water tank to be drained in any direction to 15 feet away from the unit
- It also has an option of connecting the device to a drain for continuous drainage via a ¾ inch garden hose
- Energy Star rated which makes it good for your wallet and for the environment
- UL-approved for safety
- A very low noise level of 48 decibels at the lowest speed, 50 decibels at the medium and 52 decibels at the highest speed option
- Automatic restart in case there has been a power outage – the dehumidifier will turn on and continue working with the last settings
- It has an air filter which is washable and reusable. An indicator light will let you know when it is time to wash it and dry it
- The size of the dehumidifier is 14.8 x 11.4 x 24 inches, and its weight is 51.8 lbs.
- This same model is available in smaller capacities of 30, 50 and 70 pints (without a pump) so you can pick the one which suits the size of your room, office or another area, as well as the humidity levels best.
What Causes High Humidity In A House? | ABC Blog
- The 6 Best Kitchen Whisks in 2021 - January 29, 2021
- 10 Best Teapots of 2021 – Reviews & Buying Guide - January 29, 2021
- Top 5 Best Vacuum for Stairs – Easy Clean for Carpeted Steps in 2021 - January 29, 2021
Last update on 2021-02-28 at 00:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API