One of the biggest fears of all dog parents is losing their dog. This though, unfortunately can happen, and when it does, there is very little to be done.
Dog GPS Collar
With a good quality dog GPS collar like the Garmin Alpha 100 TT, you can rest assured that your dog can always be found no matter what. You can see the location of the dog in real-time, set safety zones, receive notifications if the dog leaves the geo-fence, as well as use a number of the useful features of these indispensable devices for any loving dog owner.
We have picked the best dog GPS collars for 2020 for you. Rea don to find out more.
You probably are aware that Garmin is one of the pioneers when it comes to GPS devices and technologies, so it should come to no surprise that our top pick for the best dog GPS collar is the Garmin Alpha 100 TT.
It is a leader in our list because it is multi-functional and can be used not only for locating the dog but for training it as well as it features the Tri-Tronics dog training technology.
The bundle has a high sensitivity GLONASS satellite and GPS tracking, and the monitor can track up to 20 dogs of up to 9 miles away.
The handheld has a 1.53 x 2.55 inch TFT color touchscreen display and a 3 inch diagonal, and you can view the map of your area and where each dog is at any given moment. You can also easily set virtual boundaries on it, so when a dog leaves them, you will receive an alert, and the system will automatically transmit a recall signal.
The display updates itself every 5 seconds, so you know where each dog is in real-time.
It will also measure your dog’s speed and distance covered. The bundle comes with TOPO US 100K preloaded maps of the US.
The device can be set to 18 different levels of momentary or 18 levels of continuous stimulation for training the pups.
You can transmit tone and vibration alerts to your dogs with it.
It has a battery life of up to 40 hours.
The collar has a comfortable strap with a width of 1 inch and works with a standard 5 inch or extended range 13-inch antenna.
You can set up your laptop as a control center by installing the BaseStation software if you prefer to monitor and control your dogs on a larger display.
This dog GPS collar is a high-end product, but it is incredibly reliable, versatile, and has the most functions we have seen in one of these collars in 2020.
This smart pet GPS tracker is actually perfect for both cats and dogs. The Whistle 3 uses an advanced GPS and cellular technology, which can pinpoint the exact location of your dog anywhere in the US (on the AT&T network).
You will receive a pet collar attachment, which can fit collars up to 1 inch in width, and a Whistle 3 GPS tracker and activity monitor. The device itself is very compact and light so that it can be worn by even the smallest dogs and cats – it is about 1.6 x 1.5 x 6 inches in size and weighs less than 1 ounce.
It is reasonably priced, but in order to take advantage of its excellent pet tracking features, you will need to subscribe to the cellular service, which starts at $6.95 per month. You can track your pet via the Whistle app for Android or iOS phones and devices.
You can set up a safe place for your dog or other pet if there is Wi-Fi connectivity, and you will receive alerts in case the animals stray away from it.
You can also monitor the whereabouts of your pet thanks to the 24-hour tracking history. Also, you can monitor its activity to ensure that it is in the best shape possible for its age, breed, and weight.
The battery of the Whistle 3 can last for up to 7 days, depending on the wireless connectivity and cellular coverage. You will get an alert whenever the battery needs recharging, and you can fully recharge it for just 2 hours.
The device itself is waterproof, so even if your pup has gone for a swim, you will be able to track it down.
This dog, GPS collar unit, is one of the best options for dog owners from the US at the moment. It is reliable, doesn’t cost too much to buy or to subscribe for the tracking service, and it has a wide coverage of the largest American cellular network AT&T.
Best budget-friendly option
Dynotag Web Enabled Super Pet ID Smart Tag. Deluxe Coated Steel, with DynoIQ & Lifetime Recovery Service. Fun Series
OK, so the Dynotag is not exactly a GPS tracker for your dog, but it is an ingenious ID smart tag that will help anybody who finds your lost dog get all of the contact, medical, and other information which you have chosen to provide.
The web-enabled smart dog ID tag costs less than $20 but can be a lifesaver if you happen to lose your dog. The tag comes in several options with different colors and patterns reading: “Oh Crap, I ‘m Lost,” “Help me get home safely,” “See reverse to contact my parents,” or “Have your people call my people.”
Every tag is unique, made of stainless steel, and coated with protective and noise eliminating polymers. It doesn’t have any electronics, batteries, or anything in it which can go wrong or run out.
Everybody who has access to the Internet or has a phone or device with a QR code scanner can read the contact and other information you have inputted to your Dynotag .com account. Your info will be there forever, and you will receive e-mail notifications whenever the tag of your dog has been read.
It works in the US, in Canada, in Europe, and in other countries.
It comes with a reward for return as well as a lifetime service, even though these tags are incredibly durable and need no maintenance.
The Dynotag is very reasonably priced, it easy to set up, requires no maintenance, and will give you peace of mind that if your dog or cat gets lost, anybody who finds it can easily contact you via e-mail, phone, message or whatever contact method you have specified.
And here are the rest of the best dog GPS collars for 2020
Like our budget-friendly choice, the Paw Prints ID is another affordable way to ensure that your dog has all your contact information and any other relevant info with it no matter where it happens to end up.
- Affordable price and no subscriptions required
- The entire contact information, as well as medical records, x-rays, and other relevant info, are stored on the chip
- It works everywhere around the world
- The data can be read with a quick and easy QR scan via a mobile device
- You will receive an email or text message when somebody scans the tag, and if the person scanning it has a GPS smartphone you will get the exact location as well
- You can store any kind of document or photo directly on the tag
- You will receive infinite alerts and reminders without any fees to pay
- It is only 4 x 1.2 x 5 inches and weighs 0.6 oz.
- No cellular or GPS network is required for the system to work
- Perfect when traveling with your dogs or other pets
- Easy setup and use, you can start searching for the dog with a single push of the button
- The feedback about the location includes the direction and the distance at which the pet is
- Includes all you will need for tracking one pet, but can be expanded for use for up to three pets as well by buying more tags
- You will receive an alert within 80 seconds after a pet leaves the perimeter of the safety zone you have set
- You can use it to scan the areas you are at like a radar if your dog is lost and you are walking around
- You will be guided to your pet via arrows on the screen which will show you the strength of the signal and the right direction
- The tag on the collar of the pet will respond once in every 5 seconds to let you know its location
- The tracking tags are fully waterproof, light enough for small dogs and cats to wear, and are rugged to withstand the wear and tear of years of use
- The collar battery can last for up to 6 weeks of continuous monitoring
- The battery is rechargeable
- The range is up to 2 miles in open conditions without too many obstructions
- Suitable for Cats and Dogs 5 lbs. and larger
- The system includes a collar with an antenna and a remote monitor – receiver
- The bundle can be expanded to track up to 20 dogs
- It features high sensitivity GPS and GLONASS satellite reception
- The handheld remote has top US 100k mapping uploaded
- You receive 1 year of free satellite birds-eye imagery with the device
- It also can provide you with hunt metrics which will show the performance of each dog tracked, including the distance, traveled, the time on field and others
- The unit is powered by either standard AA batteries or a rechargeable NiMH battery pack which is built in it
- The battery life is up to 20 hours
- The size of the receiver is 2.4 x 6.3 x 1.4 inches
- The system can track the dogs at a range of up to 9 miles
- You will also receive a notification when a dog is barking or is in an On Point or Treed position
- The device is compatible with an array of other Garmin devices so you can get info on your dog’s location on your GPS watch or a Garmin GPS navigator system as well
- It can be expanded to track up to 20 dogs simultaneously
- You can send an emergency alert with your location to the other Alpha users in the area
- It comes preloaded with detailed TOPO US 100K maps
- The remote monitor has a 3-inch color touchscreen display
- You can monitor the speed, direction, and distance covered of each dog
- It also has a barometric altimeter
- The system can track dogs up to 4 miles away
- You can send vibration or tone alerts and warnings to the dogs
- Features the Garmin Tri-Tronics dog training technology, which will allow you to track and control and train the dogs
- You can set up a safe zone with virtual boundaries and receive an alert if one of the dogs leaves them
- You can send 18 levels of continuous and 18 levels of momentary stimulation to any of the dogs when needed
- The rechargeable lithium-ion batteries can last up to 20 hours
- It comes with a wall charger, a car charger, and a USB charger so you can charge the tracking system no matter where you are
- You can expand it to keep track of up to 21 dogs or people (hunters)
- You can create customizable geo-fence borders and set an alert when a pet leaves the save zone
- The updates of the location are updated every 2 seconds
- The system and app feature up to date and accurate maps
- The range is up to 9 miles outdoors
- This system is available for training and tracking both
- High-quality tracking devices which will withstand a lot of wear and tear – made for use while hunting and on the field
Pet Tracker Petfinder GPS Tracking Unit Dogs Cats Horses Remote Activity Tracking Collar Tag Locator
- The system doesn’t require internet
- It is completely waterproof (IPX7)
- The battery will last up to 3 days
- The device works with both Android and iOS devices
- The collar requires a SIM card, but it is provided for free with monthly plans of just $5
- The device will allow you to do 2D real-time tracking of your pet throughout the US
- You can designate a safe zone and get alerts if your pet leaves it
- You can reassure or comfort your pet from a distance by communicating directly to the collar via your smartphone
- The manufacturers suggest that it is very useful for elderly people with dementia and Alzheimer’s or young children too
If you have ever lost a dog, you know exactly how helpless and how guilty one feels at this moment. You wish that you had done the best to keep your dog near you and safe, and yet it has gone missing.
In order to prevent future dramatic situations like this, it is a good idea to invest in a good quality dog GPS collar or another tracking device for your pet.
With a tracking collar like this, you can keep an eye on the location of your dog, receive alerts if it leaves the safe zone you have set up for it, or in the case of the ID tags, you will get notifications about somebody scanning the QR code on your dog’s tag and their location.
This can make life so much easier for dog owners who constantly worry about their pets wandering off or getting stolen.
We hope that we have helped you find the best dog GPS collar or another tracking device for your needs and that you will be able to rest assured that your precious pup is under control and can be found at all times, no matter what!
Last update on 2021-01-26 at 04:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API