A cordless leaf blower is a game-changer if you need a compact, efficient and affordable tool to clean up small areas from leaves, dust, and debris.
The battery-powered blowers are much lighter, easier to handle and maintain and are quieter and more eco-friendly than the gas and electric powered ones. You will not be restricted by a cord, and will not have to breathe in all of those nasty gas emissions if you choose to use one of these sustainable tools.
We picked the Dewalt DCBL720P1 as our top pick for 2019, but we have prepared a list of all of our top choices for the best cordless leaf blowers which you can buy in 2019.
Read on to find out more about these small-sized and yet highly efficient tools.
The Dewalt DCBL720P1 is our top pick for the best cordless blower for 2019 for a number of reasons. It features a brushless motor which not only ensures better performance and higher durability but requires very little maintenance, so you can focus on cleaning up your yard rather than with upkeep of your gardening tools.
The cordless blower features an ingenious axial fan which delivers a maximum runtime and air output. The leaf blower provides a 400CFM and a 90MPH performance for fast and efficient work.
It has a nifty variable trigger and a speed lock which will maintain the speed you need without having to keep your finger on it all of the time. This means less fatigue and stress on your arm and a much happier gardening and sweeping experience.
The leaf blower is powered by a 20V Max 5.0Ah lithium-ion battery which is compatible with over 100 of Dewalt’s other tools and products.
The blower is light and compact so you can carry and use it without too much effort. Its dimensions are 15.25 x 7.81 x 23.44 inches and it weighs 9.7 lbs. It also operates quietly so both you and your neighbors will be happy.
You can start it easily by pulling the trigger, which means less time spent on using tools and having problems starting the tool up.
The Dewalt cordless leaf blower is sold with a 3-year limited warranty, a 1-year of free servicing and a 90-day full money-back satisfaction guarantee.
Without a cord to get in your way and without the loud noise and harmful gas emissions, this cordless leaf blower is a joy to use, it is eco-friendly, easy to maintain and most importantly will do the job of clearing out your outdoor space of all the leaves, debris and grass clippings.
With a weight of only 4 lbs. and a clever design, the Worx WG545.4 cordless leaf blower will allow you to reach even the tightest spaces and ensure that your entire yard, driveway, patio or other outdoor area is clean and in pristine condition.
It is the perfect gardening tool for hard surfaces and comes with 8 different nifty attachments for creating a perfect clean zone.
The cordless blower has airspeed of up to 120mph and provides a flow of 80 CFM for quick and efficient cleaning up.
It is powered by a 20V lithium-ion battery which is compatible with a wide array of other Worx tools, so you can save money for batteries.
The size of this compact blower is 8 x 7 x 20 inches.
You can also use it to blow off the water off of your car when washing it without worrying about the paint getting scratched thanks to the rubberized attachment.
With the tool, you will receive a 20V 4.0Ah lithium-ion battery and charger, a wide nozzle, a dust brush, an extension hose and clip, a short brush, a detail brush, an inflator nozzle, a deflation cover, a dust tube, and a carry bag for all of the parts.
Overall, this cordless leaf blower is everything you need if you want a tool for quick, efficient, quiet and eco-friendly outdoor cleaning.
The budget-friendly choice for 2019
It is a handy cordless tool with a variable speed of 0 to 18,000 RPM and a maximum air volume of 91 CFM. The 3-speed motor has a maximum air velocity of 179mph.
You can use the Makita DUB182Z for up to 12 minutes at high speed continuously per charge.
It is ergonomically designed and very compact with a length of just 20 ¾ inches. The instrument weighs a mere 3.9 lbs. together with the battery, so you won’t feel exhausted and sore after you are done with the cleaning job in your backyard, workshop or any other place you need to be cleaned up. Also, you can easily reach into very tight areas such as behind furniture, air conditioners or in between two buildings or items.
The handle is rubberized for a comfortable and secure grip. It has a variable speed trigger that you can reach and toggle even if you are wearing gloves.
It works with a Makita 18V LXT lithium-ion battery which allows for combining optimal power and lightweight.
The device is equipped with Star Protection computer controls against overheating, overloading and over-discharging.
The rapid charger has an integrated fan to keep the battery cool and allow for faster and much more efficient charging.
The tool and the battery are covered with a 3-year warranty, and it is available at a very affordable price, but you will have to purchase the battery and charger separately in case you don’t already own a Makita battery of course.
The rest of our favorite cordless leaf blowers for 2019
This powerful cordless blower can compete with the electric powered and the gas-powered blowers minus the noise, the emissions and the restriction of the power cord.
- It has a turbine fan which can deliver a stunning 480 CFM
- The highly efficient brushless motor is durable, requires little maintenance and offers an excellent performance
- 3-speed design
- The tool is compatible with all EGO Power+ Arc Lithium batteries
- The blower has a weather-resistant construction so you can use it in all kinds of conditions
- It has a variable speed of 250 CFM up to 480 CFM
- It is light, compact and very quiet (with a noise rating of under 65dB)
- Its size is 35.8 x 6.7 x 10.8 inches
- It works with 2.0Ah or 2.5Ah 56 Volt lithium-ion batteries
- The tool is sold with a 5-year limited warranty, and there is a 3-year warranty for the battery kits
With an excellent power to size ratio, the Milwaukee M18 compact blower is one of the best you can buy if you want a reliable and efficient cordless leaf blower at a reasonable price.
- A 3-speed electronic switch with a fatigue-proof lock-on feature as well as a variable speed trigger
- It moves the air at 160mph and at a 100 CFM velocity
- The polymer body is sturdy and shock absorbent for added durability
- The nozzle is also made of soft crush-resistant material which will ensure that you will use this leaf blower for years
- It comes with a 9-inch extension nozzle for cleaning dust and debris, as well an inflator and deflator
- It is powered by a Milwaukee M18 Battery
- The length of the blower is just 20 ½ inches, and it is 5 ½ inches wide with a total weight of only 2.6 lbs.
- Excellent for patios, driveways, gutters, workshops, and others
- The tool is sold with a 5-year warranty
This Makita Blower Kit is an excellent deal because you will get a highly efficient cordless leaf blower, along with four 18V LXT 5.0Ah, as well as a Dual Port Charger – all at a great price.
This means that you can clean up your lawn or other outdoor space while one pair of the batteries are charging, and use the other pair in the meantime, which will save you a lot of time.
- The leaf blower uses two 18V LXT Lithium-ion batteries which adds up to 36V, with a run time of up to 28 minutes at medium speed of 15,800 RPM
- The additional two batteries in the kit can be charged while you are using the other pair for cleaning off the leaves
- It has a variable speed of 11,400 – 21,500 RPM
- You can adjust the velocity and air volume to one of six available settings via the easy to reach and use selection dial and the speed control trigger on the back of the tool
- The powerful brushless motor can produce an air volume of 473 CFM and an air velocity of up to 120 mph
- The blower is quieter than most – with a rating of 61 dB, thanks to its special double housing structure, and the three-blade fan, and the noise absorbing sponge inside the unit
- The dual-port charger allows for fast charging of two batteries at a time and has a fan which circulates air to speed up the process even further
- The charger also provides overload, overheat and over-discharge protection for prolonging the lives of the batteries
- The batteries are compatible with more than 225 other Makita garden and other tools
- The dimensions of the blower kit are 9 x 22.5 x 19.5 inches, and it weighs 20.2 lbs. the blower itself weighs around 15 lbs. with 2 batteries
Do you just dread cleaning up the gutters from leaves and twigs, especially when having to deal with a long and heavy power cord while climbing the ladder? With this superb leaf blower by WORX which comes with a nifty Gutter Pro Kit, cleaning up the gutters and the leaves from your outdoor space will become much easier and safer.
- Thanks to the Gutter Pro Kit, you can clean up those gutters efficiently while standing safely on the ground, rather than climbing up a ladder
- The blower itself weighs a mere 4.4 lbs. along with the battery, and has no cord, so you can easily use it with one hand only
- The Gutter Pro Kit includes 8-foot tubes, which can reach a length of 11 feet, and is easy to set up and use. It can be used with the majority of other cordless leaf blowers
- The blower is powered by a 20V 2.0 ah battery which provides 20 minutes of operation per charge
- It has two-speed options of 55 and 75 mph for tackling different kinds of cleaning jobs with one hand only
- The Turbine technology of the leaf blower can deliver 225-360 CFM
With a powerful cordless leaf blower like the WORX WG592 Turbine, your yard work and cleaning the leaves in the fall will become a much faster and easier task.
- The powerful blower comes with a 56V MAX Lithium battery and a charger
- The battery charges for 90 minutes, and can provide up to 30 minutes of operating time at medium speed, and about 15 minutes at the highest power setting
- The speed is 60-125 mph
- The air volume is 225-465 CFM
- The brushless motor and the Turbine technology provide a very high and forceful air volume which will allow you to move and clean off large volumes of leaves and garden waste
- The blower weighs 8.1 lbs. and is designed to be used comfortably with one-hand only
- The speed controls and the Turbo boost switches are placed in an ergonomic position, so you can adjust them with one hand only
- The tool has a keyhole cutout, so you can hang it on a hook or nail for neater storage and easier access
- It is sold with a 3-year warranty for the blower, and a 1-year warranty for the battery
If you prefer a backpack cordless leaf blower instead of a hand-held one, then the Greenworks Pro could be the best choice for you.
- The backpack design makes carrying the leaf blower easier on your arms and hands and will make yard work much less stressful
- The cordless leaf blower is powered by a Greenworks Pro 60V Lithium-Ion battery, which is not included in this kit but can be purchased along with the charger at an excellent price
- The run-time per charge is 30-45 minutes
- The tool is powered by a high-efficiency brushless motor which provides maximum run time, power and motor life
- You can choose the speed via the convenient variable speed trigger, and the cruise control
- The Turbo boost function can deliver up to 540 CFM at 140 mph which can move even the most stubborn or wet grass, leaves, and twigs
- The size of the unit is 36 x 12 x 10 inches, and it weighs 12 lbs.
- With a 5.0 ah battery, you can use the cordless blower for up to 180 minutes per charge
- Quieter and more eco-friendly than a gas-powered leaf blower
The Earthwise LB21020 cordless leaf blower is inexpensive, charges very quickly and is lightweight, so you can clean up your driveway, sidewalk or other outdoor space easily, quickly and without waiting for hours for the battery to be recharged.
- It is sold with a 20V 2.0 Ah lithium-ion battery and a fast charger
- The charger will fully charge the battery for 60 minutes
- The tool will operate for up to 30 minutes per charge
- The blower comes with a useful 20-inch two-piece Snap-On tube
- It is lightweight and weighs less than 4 lbs. for less fatigue and no more sore arms
- The handle is ergonomic and has an easy to access and convenient full grip trigger
- The tool has variable speed control of up to 130 mph
- The size of the unit is 32.75 x 9 x 8 inches
- The leaf blower comes with a 2-year warranty and a 1-year warranty on the battery
- It is very affordable
How to choose the best cordless leaf blower?
The answer to this question depends on what you are planning to use the tool for. If you need to move huge volumes of leaves and garden debris, then you may want to opt for a more powerful battery-powered, or gas-powered leaf blower. For smaller areas and tasks – a lighter, battery-powered leaf blower can do the job perfectly.
Also, the cordless leaf blowers differ in style. Some are handheld, others are backpack-based, and there are some wheeled products.
The larger backpack and wheeled ones are usually the gas-powered ones, but we have picked a battery-powered backpack leaf blower for those of you who want a more eco-friendly and easier to maintain garden cleaning tool.
Picking between a battery-powered or a gas-powered leaf blower does depend on the volumes of work you need to do. Gas-powered units are more powerful, but they are also much louder, they are heavier, they emit harmful fumes, they are more expensive to buy and use, and they do require regular maintenance. While the battery-powered tools are eco-friendly, much quieter, and require only battery recharging. They are also lighter so even people who are elderly and small ladies can easily use them without too much effort.
Some cordless leaf blowers come with mulchers and vacuums too, for those of you who prefer more versatile tools, and who want to complete the outdoor cleaning job faster.
The main downside of a battery-powered cordless leaf blower is that the battery has a specific and limited runtime, so unless you have an extra battery you will need to wait for it to recharge before continuing with your work. This is why these leaf blowers are more suitable for smaller volumes and cleaning up smaller areas.’
Another important feature to keep in mind when choosing the best cordless leaf blower is whether there are local regulations regarding the harmful emissions and the noise levels of the tools you can use. This usually affects gas-powered blowers only, so make sure you check out any existing regulations which may affect your choice of a leaf blower.
How important is the Max Air Speed (MPH)
As you can see from our list of the best cordless leaf blowers for 2019, there is a difference in the CFMs and the MPHs of the different models. Plus, some have variable speeds.
The CFM is the number of cubic feet of air per minute which the leaf blower can emit.
The MPH is the miles per hour airspeed rating which the cordless leaf blower can put out.
In the case of leaf blowers, it is really the CFM which you should pay attention to. Here are the different types of tools based on their CFM, and what they are suitable for:
Less than 200 CFM
These are the least powerful of all cordless leaf blowers. They are usually the least expensive ones too. A tool like this can be useful if you have limited outdoor areas like a patio, a driveway, a workshop or gutters to clean.
From 200-400 CFM
These tools are more powerful and are suitable for cleaning up small lawns, yards, sidewalks, patios, and others.
From 400-450 CFM
These cordless leaf blowers are great for cleaning up medium-sized yards and can be too powerful for patios or driveways.
Over 500 CFM
The cordless leaf blowers with a CFM of 500 or more are usually gas-powered and are the most powerful of all of the cord-free tools. They are suitable for moving very large volumes of leaves and debris, and for cleaning up large outdoor spaces.
Is a battery-powered cordless leaf blower worth the investment?
Yes. Buying a battery-powered leaf blower is an excellent investment if you have smaller or medium-sized outdoor areas to clean up. Investing in a gas-powered leaf blower is worth it for cleaning up larger areas and larger volumes of garden waste and leaves.
While some people prefer the corded leaf blowers, because they provide constant power for as long as you want, others prefer the convenience of the cordless, battery-powered ones, which do not have cords which can limit your movement.
With the advancement of technology, the batteries of these tools are improving, so if you choose a good quality battery-powered leaf blower, you can expect it to do the job it is meant for, and also be a very wise investment in the long run.
They are light, cordless, compact and easy to use for both indoor and outdoor cleaning, which is not the case with the gas-powered ones, which should not be used indoors so you cannot use them in your garage or workshop.
Does the brand matter?
Even though most of the battery-powered cordless leaf blowers are relatively inexpensive, they are still an investment that you will be making, so picking a reputable brand and manufacturer who guarantees the quality of the tool via a longer warranty is a must.
The better the brand, the better the warranty of the blower will be, and this is something to think about in the long run, because you will hopefully be making a long-term investment when you are buying such a garden cleaning tool.
The higher the quality of the cordless leaf blower – the more wear and tear it will withstand.
Nobody likes to spend hours raking up leaves or clearing out debris from their gutters, but choosing the best Cordless Leaf Blower to meet your requirements can seem a little daunting. We have to give you a selection of battery-operated leaf blowers to help you select the best one for you. Take the hassle out of keeping your yard, workshop or house clear of debris by using one of these versatile tools. Our selection of the Best Cordless Leaf Blowers on the market makes it easy for you to choose the best one with confidence.
A battery-powered cordless leaf blower is a highly efficient tool, especially when compared to the larger, noisier, and heavier gas-powered or corded one is quite a hassle to carry around and use.
These battery-powered blowers are extremely light and compact. They are much quieter than the electric and gas sweeping tools and are also eco-friendly and a joy to use. They are less expensive and do not require too much maintenance too.
You can use your blower to clean up after a DIY job at home, for sweeping your patio or driveway, for cleaning the gutters, and for handling those piles of leaves and garden debris in the fall. You can also use the blower for getting the excess water off of your car or another vehicle when you are washing it.
We hope that we have helped you choose the best cordless blower for your needs among our top favorites for the best cordless leaf blowers of 2019!
Good luck with your purchase and enjoy a fatigue-free, fast and satisfying leaf or dust blowing experience with any one of these convenient tools!
- Pros and Cons of Cordless Leaf Blowers
- Cordless Leaf Blower – Benefits and Advantages – Ezine Articles
- Cordless leaf blower benefits: Cordless- vs. corded
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Cordless Leaf Blower 2019
Last update on 2020-01-19 at 18:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API