So sick and tired of waking up in the middle of the night all sweaty and feeling unrested?
I have always been a “hot” sleeper and used to wake up like this nearly every night until I discovered the wonderful world of cooling pillows.
No products found.
Yes, these wonderful pillows will stay cool even on the hottest nights, and you will wake up in the morning nicely rested, happy, and ready to meet the new day with a smile if you get one that suits your needs.
I have been researching and testing these incredible cooling pillows, and I must say I have become somewhat of an expert. They are available in so many variations, with different contours, materials, and features, so you really need to find the one which will work for you if you want to be happy with your purchase.
Here are my top recommendations for the best cooling pillows, which will remain cool and keep you comfy and allow you to sleep tight all night long.
So, get ready to say goodbye to insomnia or those bothersome hot flashes with these incredible cooling pillows.
Coop Home Goods – Eden Cooling Pillow (Editor’s Choice)
- Adjustable fill made of hypoallergenic infused memory foam paired with fiberfill
- Superb neck support, so you can forget about the agonizing feeling of waking up with neck pain.
- Made of polyester and bamboo-derived Rayon, which provide excellent breathability and keeps the pillow cool throughout the night
- No clumping up or becoming flat over time
- Easy access to the fill for customizing your pillow
- Dust mite resistant, flame regarding, and hypoallergenic patented materials used only
- Machine washable cover and pillow
- Comes with a 100-day trial
- It is plushy soft and yet provides firm comfort for the head, neck, and shoulders
- Standard sizes available – king and queen
- The pillow can have a specific odor for the first couple of days after purchase, which needs to be aired out
- If you need extra stuffing you have to order it separately
You will definitely appreciate the investment you are making if you choose the Eden cooling pillow. There will be no more night sweats, cushion flipping, and no more tossing and turning! You can also say goodbye to back and neck pain! You can adjust it, wash it and be sure that you will never need another pillow again if you buy one of these!
No more restless nights once you start sleeping on your Laniloha orthopedic bamboo cooling pillow. This is a truly amazing cooling pillow which will relieve your neck pain and keep you dry and comfy throughout the night especially if you are a stomach or side sleeper.
- Washable cover made of polyester and Rayon derived from bamboo
- Features a charcoal bamboo technology for air purification and natural and eco-friendly deodorizing for neutralizing nasty odors
- Provides superb support to the head and neck, improves blood circulation, and helps with jet lag
- Stays much cooler than traditional cotton pillows (about 4 degrees cooler)
- Moisture-wicking properties which will keep your head and neck dry all night long
- The gel foam and bamboo contours to your head’s shape
- The solid core will never get lumpy
- Very durable
- Anti-mite and antibacterial protection
- Antiallergenic properties
- Orthopedic design helps relieve neck pain and snoring
- Only available in queen size
- Can be a tad too firm for some people
This is an excellent orthopedic, antiallergenic, and cooling pillow that will help you sleep tight without night sweats or neck pain. It can also help relieve snoring and will ensure you get a good night’s sleep!
You won’t want to leave the bed once you start sleeping on this Snuggle-Pedic ultra-luxury cooling pillow. It is perfect for all kinds of sleeping styles, no matter whether you like to sleep on your back, side or on your stomach.
- Made of eco-friendly bamboo shredded memory foam
- Adjustable liner and cover for perfect customized comfort
- Breathable and hypoallergenic, removable cooling pillow cover
- Machine washable cover and pillow
- 120-day trial and 20-year warranty
- Anti-mite and hypoallergenic properties make it perfect for people with allergies and respiratory problems
- Orthopedic support for the neck and head will contour to the shape of the head and spine- suitable for the stomach, back, and side sleepers
- Available in standard, king, and queen sizes
- Suitable for those who use CPAP machines
- Very durable
- US made with all US, non-toxic materials
- The ground rubber smell it comes with can take some time to air out
You can’t get it wrong if you go with the Snuggle-Pedic cooling pillow. It will keep your neck and spine aligned, help you stay cool and non-sweaty, and will protect you from dust mites and other allergens which can interfere with your sleep! The 20-year warranty is simply amazing too!
This reversible cooling pillow will cradle your head and neck throughout the night and will allow you to sleep soundly no matter whether you prefer to sleep on your side, back or stomach.
- Reversible with cool gel on one side and memory foam on the other for colder nights
- Cooling memory foam which promotes airflow and keeps the cushion and you comfortable and cool
- Will cradle your head and neck and retain its form through the night
- A comfy 5-inch loft
- 16 x 24 x 5 inches
- Not too soft and not too firm, it has a medium plush feel for ultimate comfort
- Hypoallergenic, antibacterial and mold and mite-resistant
- 3-year warranty
- It is heavier than most standard pillows
- Some people may need more support due to the soft memory foam
The reversible cooling pillow is quite versatile and will keep your head, neck, back, and shoulders properly aligned and cradled throughout the night. You can use it for cooling down in the summer as well as for warm comfort and support in the colder nights.
If you want a pillow that doesn’t collapse and heat up during the night, you should try out the Xtreme Comforts slim pillow.
- Hypoallergenic shredded bamboo center foam filling for excellent and durable orthopedic contouring and support
- Machine washable, mite resistant, breathable, and vented pillow cover will keep you cool and sweat-free at night
- Large queen size
- Healthy and safe – no toxic materials or heavy metals used for making it
- Durable and with uniform density, this pillow will not go flat on you
- Great head, neck, and back support for the stomach, back, and side sleepers
- Money-back guarantee given by the manufacturer
- Fluffier than solid memory foam pillows
- It is a slim pillow, so you won’t be satisfied if you are looking for a thick one
- The shredded foam could cause the formation of some lumps over time
This is overall a very comfortable cooling pillow, which is perfect for stomach sleepers and for those who prefer slimmer and yet soft and stable support. It is breathable and will stay cool even on hotter nights, so you will be getting a much more peaceful sleep once you start using it.
This Plixio pillow helps reduce and even eliminate snoring, back pain, and insomnia, so if you suffer from one or more of these issues, you may want to try out this particular cooling pillow.
- The shredded bamboo memory foam helps the pillow stay cool at all times
- The pillow cover is breathable, washable, moisture-wicking and will remain dry while you sleep
- Suitable for back, stomach, and side sleepers
- 2-year warranty
- Conforms to the shape of the head and neck
- Adjustable softness – you can make it fluffier by placing it in a dryer for a few minutes
- Durable, it won’t become flat over time
- Both the pillow and the cover are resistant to dust mites and allergens
- Its softness level is not adjustable
- Can’t be machine washed
This is a very comfy and supportive cooling pillow that will stay dry and keep you cool while you sleep. Has very good quality and affordable price. If you suffer from insomnia, night sweats or snore, the Plixio cooling pillow can help you improve the quality of your sleep and allow you to rest properly.
This contoured cooling gel pillow is ideal for side sleepers who want to wake up well-rested and without neck pain or covered in sweat.
- Features a comfortable contour design and U-neck design to mold into the shape of your body and keep it cool at the same time
- Dust mite and allergen resistant
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Size is 19 x 12 x 5 inches
- Breathable and hygienic cover
- Great for side sleepers
- It is not machine washable
- It is denser than some of the other foam and cooling gel pillows
If you suffer from neck pain or you tend to get unpleasant night sweats, this contoured cooling pillow is perfect for you. It is made of high-quality materials, comfortable and cooling, so you will definitely be happy with this purchase
Whether you are menopausal or for other reasons wake up in the middle of the night covered with sweat – the Perfect Cloud dual option cooling pillow could be a savior for you!
- The cooling gel along with the ventilated memory foam will ensure that you are cool and fresh all night long
- The form and foam filling help relieve any neck or shoulder pain and tension
- The stretch knit pillow cover is machine washable, breathable, and plush soft
- The cloud-like feeling will eliminate any weight you may feel in the head
- Comes with a 10-year warranty
- Reversible with cooling gel on one side and memory foam on the other
- Dust mite and allergen resistant
- It cannot be washed in a washing machine or placed in a dryer
- Maybe a little too soft for some people
If you want a plush soft and yet supportive and cooling pillow, this could be the right one for you. It is as soft as sleeping on a cloud and still will help relieve your neck discomfort or pain, plus it will keep you cool and sleeping rather than constantly waking up from hot flashes.
If you want to have full control over the softness and thickness of your cooling pillow, you definitely should get one of the Bamboo Diamond Series cooling pillows.
- The memory foam filling is made of shredded foam of different densities and can be customized by you by molding it or by removing parts of it
- Great for back and side sleepers
- Hypoallergenic pillow cover and an inner cover with a zipper for easy adjustability
- The shredded memory foam mixture is breathable, supportive, and comfortable and expands back to its original shape, so you won’t end up with a flat pillow over time
- 5 year never flat guarantee
- Machine washable
- It comes with a slight foam odor
- Since it is sold compressed you will need to wait for 24 – 48 hours until it takes its full shape
This is an adjustable cooling pillow that you can play around with in order to create the perfect pillow to fit your sleeping style, your needs, and preferences. It is durable, well made and will keep you comfortable and cool during sleep.
There will be no more tossing, turning and endless restless nights once you start sleeping on the PharMeDoc contour memory foam cooling pillow.
- Designed for ultimate comfort, neck pain relief, and orthopedic curved support
- The memory foam combined with the cooling gel will provide pain relief and coolness while you sleep
- The height of the pillow is reversible at 4 and 5 inches
- The pillowcase is mite resistant and hypoallergenic as well as machine washable
- The cooling gel helps disperse the body temperature and helps relieve night sweats
- Comes with a chemical smell which can be a throw off for more sensitive people
The PharMeDoc cooling pillow has two options for height and both provide superb comfort to the head, neck, and shoulders. You will love sleeping on this contoured pillow with responsive memory foam and a very efficient cooling gel.
How to choose a cooling pillow
Still not sure which cooling pillow will be the most appropriate one for you?
Here are some tips on the features you may want to consider and take a closer look at when searching for the best cooling pillow.
- Choose a cooling gel or water-based pillows
The cooling properties of this type of pillow are provided by either a special cooling gel or by a water layer. They both help absorb the heat from your head and neck and disperse it throughout the gel or water. This helps relieve you from hot flashes and keeps you cool and comfortable during sleep.
The cooling pillows which have cooling gel layers are usually with memory foam filling. Paired, these two provide ultimate comfort, support as well as a cool feeling. The downside of the pillows with cooling gel is that if you use a standard pillowcase, the cooling effect will not be as effective. The good news is that most of the models I have recommended have special pillow covers which are breathable and moisture-wicking and help enhance the cooling provided by the pillow.
The pillows with layers of water are more customizable as they take the shape of your neck and head. They provide great support, but in some cases, if there is air in the water pouch sleeping and moving around on them can be a tad noisy, which is not so great for light sleepers.
- Machine or hand washable
Some of the cooling pillows can be popped into the washing machine safely, but others need to be hand-washed. Usually, the water-based models can be machine washed if you remove the water pouches beforehand. Most of the models come with covers which can be washed in a washing machine, so you can guarantee that your pillow is nice and clean at all times.
Many cooling pillows have a bamboo or buckwheat filling or covers which provides excellent airflow and helps reduce the heat coming from your head and neck. The better breathability adds to the cooling effect and helps moisture evaporate. Look for a model which has a moisture-wicking and breathable removable cover, especially if you tend to sweat a lot at night.
Both do not rely on synthetic cooling agents so they are excellent for people with allergies and those sensitive to synthetic materials.
- The material of the pillow
The most popular filling used for cooling pillows is memory foam – either solid or shredded. The solid foam molds to the shape of the head and neck and provides comfortable and firm support. This type of pillows are denser and heavier, and are usually quite high which is not a suitable option for those of you who prefer to sleep on your stomach, or for people who like flatter and lower pillows.
The cooling pillows with shredding foam offer better air circulation which facilitates the cooling effect of the pillow. Since it is less dense, shredded foam pillows are more fluffy and plushy and do not provide so much support as those made of solid foam.
One problem which many pillows made of memory foam have is that they come with an initial odor which some people find quite problematic. Usually, manufacturers will recommend that you let your new pillow air own in a well-ventilated area for 1 to 3 days before using it.
Another popular material used for the filling of cooling pillows is gel fiber. It is washable and breathable and provides great support, but is much fluffier and plusher than memory foam.
Natural materials such as bamboo or buckwheat are eco-friendly and hypoallergenic, so you should keep them in mind too when purchasing a cooling pillow, especially if you have asthma, allergies, or other sensitivities to allergens.
- The shape and design
This is probably the most important feature to keep in mind when buying a cooling pillow. Pick one with a shape which is suitable for your sleeping style and preferences. If you are a back or stomach sleeper, you should probably pick a slimmer soft, or medium-soft pillow. If you are a side sleeper, you should try out the higher and firmer cooling pillow models. If you sleep on your back or side and suffer from neck, shoulder, or back pain, you should opt for one of the contoured cooling pillows on my list. They will help keep your spine and neck aligned and pain-free and at the same time provide you with that cooling effect you are looking for.
- The warranty
Look for a cooling pillow that comes with a money-back trial period as well as a longer warranty. After all, you want to be sure you are making a reasonable long-term investment when you are buying a good-quality cooling pillow, right? Look for a pillow that comes with at least a 3-year warranty. This means that the manufacturers are sure about the quality of their products and that you will probably be happy with their quality too.
If you want to sleep well through the night without flipping over your pillow and tossing and turning around all the time, you should definitely consider buying a cooling pillow.
It will hugely improve the quality of your sleep, especially if tend to sweat a lot at night.
Also, think about how adding a cooling pillow to your sleeping regimen can help both the environment and lower your electricity bills from having to use the AC all night long.
Cooling pillows are usually breathable which helps hot sleepers sleep more restfully and without interruptions. They are especially useful in the summer. This type of pillow is also recommended for those of you who suffer from insomnia as it helps cool down the prefrontal cortex and thus promotes better sleep.
Overall, I must say that for me cooling pillows have changed my life for the better. Now I can sleep well for hours without waking up looking for water or dripping with sweat. The key is to find the model which has the right shape and is made of the favorite material to suit your preferences and your sleeping style and habits.
So, good luck in finding the best cooling pillow! You will be so glad once you set your head on one of these babies, believe me!
Last update on 2021-07-26 at 17:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API