If you feel uncomfortable wearing headphones all day long when you are at work, watching movies or playing games, or if the sound of your computer is just not satisfying enough, we strongly recommend you upgrade your computer setup with some good quality computer speakers like the Edifier USA e25 Luna Eclipse speaker set.
A good set of speakers will enhance your listening experience immensely and will make playing games, watching movies online, and surfing the web a much more enjoyable experience.
Read on to find out which are the best 10 computer speakers currently being offered on the market and what you can expect from each one of these amazing audio devices.
The size of each of the oval-shaped speakers is 4.8 x 8.35 x 8.74 inches, and each has a ¾ inch silk domed tweeter paired with a 3-inch full-range bass driver, which provides rich bass and overall excellent sound quality.
The Luna speakers come in red, black, and white color options and will bring beauty to any workplace.
They offer exceptional stereo separation, a fantastic balance with enhanced mids, and a very powerful bass that will rock your world literally.
Thanks to the incorporated DRC and DSP technologies, you will be able to enjoy the audio from your game, streaming content, or another video with minimal distortion and with an enhanced sound.
The speakers have easy to reach and use touch-sensitive controls and also come with a small but very handy remote control to adjust the sound settings. You can toggle the volume, choose to return or skip tracks, play or pause the audio via the touch controls. When the speakers are in Bluetooth wireless mode, you can use swiping motions to switch tracks and increase or decrease the volume level too.
They have Bluetooth and 3.5mm jack inputs and a headphone jack output for versatile connectivity options, as well as a USB port for charging.
These speakers can easily be paired with any device which is Bluetooth enabled.
So, you can use them with your computer, or to stream music and audio straight from your phone, tablet or other Bluetooth enabled device. And you can also connect them to other devices via the 3.5mm port.
Not only are these speakers gorgeous looking, but they will present you with the best listening experience you have had from any computer speakers up until now.
Get ready to listen to the audio from your computer with very little or no distortion with these excellent versatile speakers, and to enjoy the perfect sound from your favorite streams, games or other content.
The ProMedia system has been THX certified for home theater-quality sound, so you can expect to be blown away by the quality of the sound and the punchy bass no matter whether you are playing a game, watching a movie or other video or listening to music.
The computer audio sound system is offered at a very reasonable price for the value offered. In fact, the quality of the sound is better than many home theater audio systems we have heard.
The speakers have ¾ inch Pol compression tweeters and a 6.5-inch side-firing fiber composite cone woofer. They have a very wide frequency range of 31Hz to 20 kHz.
Thanks to the Klipsch Micro Tractrix Horn technology, you will get the maximum sound quality out of compressed MP3 audio, CD’s as well as when listening to radio streams.
The system is 200 Watts and is compatible with all computers, laptops, music players, and other devices that can be connected to it via its dual stereo analog or headphone jack inputs.
It comes with two 9.5 ft. 22 gauge speaker cables.
Overall, you should expect to get a crisp clear and smooth sound quality out of this audio set, with warm mid-tones and a rich and smooth bass, which you can easily adjust in accordance with your preferences.
This THX certified 2.1 computer speaker and subwoofer set is one of the best offers available for the price asked.
Best budget-friendly option
Don’t get us wrong, these computer speakers are not cheap, but given how powerful they are, we strongly recommend them as our best budget-friendly choice.
The Z623 2.1 channel home speaker system set includes two 7.7 x 4.6 x 5-inch speakers and an 11.2 x 12 x 10.5-inch subwoofer. Together these three will provide you with excellent soundstage with superb highs and mids and thundering bass to make your gaming, or viewing experience even more exciting, immersive and enjoyable.
The set also includes a Logitech Bluetooth adapter which will allow you to stream music and audio via any device with Bluetooth connectivity as well. The Bluetooth adapter is very easy to pair and offers automatic re-pairing with all previously paired devices automatically.
Of course, if you are not interested in pairing the system with Bluetooth devices you can opt for the even less expensive Logitech Z623 speaker system only.
The wireless range is wide and allows you to stream music and other audio content to the speaker system from a distance of up to 50 ft. away.
The Logitech Z623 computer speaker system is also THX certified which means that you will feel like in a movie theater when you switch the speakers and the subwoofer on.
The peak wattage of the system is 400 Watts, and the RMS wattage is 200 Watts, which means you can listen to music or other audio as loud as you want by turning it up via the nifty on-speaker controls.
The system has RCA and 3.5mm inputs, so you can connect it to your laptop or computer as well as to another two devices simultaneously. You can also connect your game console, your DVD player, iPad or another device alongside the computer so that you can enjoy the powerful and immersive sound which these exceptional computer speakers and subwoofer produce.
This affordable home speaker system from Logitech will fill your room large or small with amazing sound and bass, and your gaming, viewing or surfing experience on your computer or laptop will reach a whole new level with these THX certified computer speakers and subwoofer from Logitech.
The rest of the best for 2020
- Each of the two speakers is 6 x 4 x 5.25 inches in size, which makes them suitable for even the smallest rooms and settings
- They both weigh just 6. Lbs.
- The speakers have a 60 Watt peak power output and 15 Watts RMS or 30 Watts per channel
- A frequency range of 65Hz to 22kHz
- Custom made by Audioengine in Austin, Texas
- They are fitted with ¾ inch silk dome tweeters combined with 2.75 inch Kevlar woofers
- The speakers are very good looking
- A built-in Digital-to-analog converter (DAC) will allow you to listen to high-quality digital audio directly from the USB port of your laptop or computer to the USB port of the speaker system
- The RCA output allows you to connect a subwoofer for some extra bass
- There is also a mini-jack analog input for connecting other devices such as a turntable
- The speakers have classic A/B analog amplifiers – perfect for audiophiles who enjoy warm sounds
- The amps are built into the left speaker, the right speaker is passive
- The computer speakers are extremely easy to set up, no drivers or software is necessary to get them going
- They work with both 110 and 240V voltage, so they can be used in the US and abroad safely
- You can get the inexpensive Audioengine DS1 pair of stands for even better placement of your speakers
If you want to add a surround sound system to your computer for the perfect immersive experience when playing your favorite game or watching movies, we strongly recommend you consider the Logitech Z906 5.1 channel surround sound TV and computer speaker system.
- THX, DTS Digital, and Dolby Digital surround sound certified
- You can connect it to your TV, computer or other devices of your choice
- 1 channels, the system includes a center channel, 4 satellites, a controller console, and a subwoofer
- The satellite speakers are 6.5 x 3.9 x 3.7 inches in size and weigh 2 lbs. each, they have a wattage of 67W each
- The subwoofer is 11.5 x 11.1 x 12.6 inches and weighs 19.8 lbs. and has a wattage of 165W
- The center channel is 3.9 x 6.5 x 3.7 inches in size and weighs 2 lbs.
- The console is 11.5 x 11.1 inches and weighs just 1 lb.
- The volume of each speaker and the subwoofer can be controlled and adjusted individually, so you can pick between 2.1, 4.1 or 3D surround sound options
- The power output has a peak of 1000 Watts and 500Watts RMS power
- Provides a movie theater-like experience with a sound which you can not only hear but feel as well
- It offers versatile connection options thanks to the various inputs and outputs including a 3.5mm, RCA, digital coaxial and optical and six channel direct
- The system also includes a handy remote control
- It can be paired with a nifty Logitech Bluetooth adapter for wireless streaming as well
- Sold with a 2-year limited warranty
If you are looking for something different than the boring mainstream computer speakers we are all used to seeing, you can’t go wrong with this absolutely unique looking computer speaker system by Harmon Kardon. The Soundsticks III look like nothing you have ever seen, but just wait until you hear them too!
- A translucent industrial style design with a LED glow, which is incredibly aesthetically pleasing
- It’s predecessor – the Soundsticks II became a permanent exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art in New York
- The 2.1 channel sound system includes two satellite speakers which are 10 x 2 inches
- A 10.8 x 9-inch subwoofer
- Four 1-inch drivers – full range transducers
- A gratifying sound with crisp highs and a booming bass
- With a 3.5mm jack, the system is compatible with computers, laptops, TVs, DVDs, Blu-ray players and all devices which have a mini-jack output
- Touch controls for the volume and muting
- The satellite speakers can be tilted and angle adjusted for the best results
- An output power of 10Watts RMS per each channel and a down-firing 20 Watt subwoofer for a total of 40 Watts
- Top quality, replaceable premium audio cables
- Energy efficient operation
- Very reasonably priced and sold with a 2-year limited warranty
Are you tired of all the cables on your workspace? With the Logitech MX Sound computer speakers, you can say goodbye to the wires. The MX Sound stereo speakers are one of the best Bluetooth computer speakers on the market right now.
- The set includes a pair of speakers 6.3 x 6.3 x 3.28 inches each
- They have dual Bluetooth connectivity to pair them with more than one Bluetooth device and have two 3.5mm audio jack if you want to connect them to two other devices without Bluetooth
- Thanks to the Easy-Switch technology you can seamlessly switch from one audio source to another
- 24 Watts of peak power and 12 Watts RMS power
- A headphone jack output for private listening
- Excellent stylish design
- Great soundstage and an overall powerful audio performance
- Touch controlled via the sensitive motion sensors on the front of the speaker which are backlit and easy to access
- Very reasonably priced
- The set includes two 4 inch Bluetooth studio speakers and a pair of headphones, as well as acoustic isolation monitor pads and top quality audio cables (1/8 inch stereo RCA for computer connectivity and 1/8 to 1/8 inch cable for smartphones, as well as a speaker-to-speaker cable)
- The monitors are made of premium quality materials and components including wood cabinets, high output drivers and a professional monitor wave guard system
- Studio quality, professional design for use with computers, TVs and others
- You can stream music and audio directly from your smartphone, tablet or other Bluetooth enabled device to them
- An easy to access front panel where the AUX in and the headphone jack is located, so you can connect your tablet, phone or another device without having to turn the speakers around or get up
- The audio inputs include RCA, Bluetooth, 1/8 and ¼ inch
- A peak power output of 50 Watts, and 28Watt RMS
- Their frequency range is very wide – from 70Hz to 20kHz
- The left and right speakers are interchangeable – you can decide which will be which, and where the volume knob will be located so that it is easier to access
- The volume knob is also located on board the wooden cabinets
- The speakers are fitted with 4-inch propylene coated woofers and .75 inch Ferrofluid-cooled, silk-domed tweeters
- Very reasonably priced for the premium studio range quality provided
- 2-way speakers with 2/4 inch silk tweeters paired with 5-inch aramid fiber woofers will provide you with a high-end rich and warm full stereo sound with a punchy and tight real bass
- All essential components are designed and made by Audioengine, so they are actually custom-made rather than products of mass production
- These are classic analog amplified speakers which will amaze you with their sound quality, but you can purchase the Audioengine D1 Digital to Analog converter if you prefer
- A peak power output of 150 Watts, and 50 Watts RMS or 75 Watts peak per speaker
- The dimensions of the left speaker are 10.75 x 7 x 9 inches, 15.4 lbs., and the right one is 10.75 x 7 x 7.75 inches and weighs 9.6 lbs.
- Dual analog audio inputs and an optional subwoofer output, a 3.5mm stereo mini jack and an RCA L/R input
- An RCA line out and a USB output for charging and power
- The speakers work with both 115 and 240Volts, so you can use them worldwide
- A frequency response of 50Hz up to 22kHz
- The speakers are available in satin black, solid carbonized bamboo or white color
- A remote control is also included in the package
- Apart from the 2 speakers and remote, the set includes a speaker wire, power cord, 6.5 ft. minijack audio cable, an RCA-RCA audio cable, cloth speaker bag, a bag for the cables
- They are sold with a 3-year warranty
So, you are not the most tech savvy person and prefer the convenience of an easy to connect and install computer speaker system? The JBL Pebbles 2 speaker system requires only that you connect it to the computer or laptop via USB and start enjoying the great sound right away.
- Very compact and chic design and look of the two iconic speakers
- They are USB powered so you can take them anywhere with you
- Excellent open soundstage and stereo sound – the best from speakers of this size
- Their size is just about 5 x 5.5 inches
- 2 x 2-inch full range transducers
- One step USB 2.0 plug-and-play easy setup
- The smart cable management system will keep your desk or other workspace clutter free
- The easy to access integrated volume control will automatically sync with that of your computer
- Designed by industry leader Harman
- The AUX input allows you to connect your phone, music player or another device as well
- A 70Hz – 20kHz frequency response
Features to look for in computer speakers
If you have been doing research and searching for the best computer speakers for your needs, you are probably already pretty overwhelmed by the huge choice available on the market. The truth is, there are computer speakers for everybody out there – you just need to know what you are looking for.
Here are some tips for the important features to keep in mind when buying speakers for your laptop or desktop computer.
Today you can find computer speakers which cost about $10-20 only, as well as some which will cost you several hundred dollars. So, make sure you set a budget and try not to go over it when you are buying new speakers for your computer. We have added the best speakers in all budget categories, so you can find a set which suits your needs and your budget as well among our top picks.
The inputs and outputs
Of course, you will be using these speakers with your computer, but why not find audio systems which have more input options, so that you can connect your other devices, such as your phone, tablet, console, TV, Blue-ray player, music player or other to them too? Most of our top picks have various inputs and outputs, so do think about which devices you would like to connect to your speakers before proceeding to buy them.
Our top pick – the Edifier e25 Luna, as well as the Logitech MX and the Mackie CR computer speakers all, offer built-in Bluetooth connectivity. This feature will eliminate the need for more cables when you want to connect a Bluetooth enabled device to enjoy listening to music or other audio. Some of these speakers allow for pairing multiple Bluetooth devices at once, like the Mackie’s. Others, like the Logitech Z623, come with an added Bluetooth adapter.
Make sure that the volume controls are easy to access and use so that you can control the level of the audio at all times. Most of our top choices have volume controls on the front, some have touch sensors, and others have dedicated controls for each speaker and for the bass, so you can control the different levels individually. You can even find speaker systems in our list which come with remote controls.
The engineering and the build
Always look at the build of the speakers and other components in the audio system. The higher the quality of its components – the better the sound quality will be. Thankfully, we have chosen only top quality computer speakers for you, so whichever one you pick – you will be making a pretty wise decision.
We have tried to give you all of the dimensions of the computer speakers in our list so that you can choose the ones which will fit your workspace or other available space. Some of our top picks are pretty compact, while as others include many components or have larger bodies and footprints. So, make sure you pick computer speakers which will fit on your desk. Also, if you are looking for portable speakers, make sure that they are USB powered like the JBL Pebbles so that you won’t need a separate power outlet for them when on the go.
Since we know how different everybody’s audio preferences are, we have tried to choose computer speakers which will fit many different tastes and expectations.
Hopefully, you have found the speakers which will complement your computer setup perfectly from our top 10 list.
We are pretty sure that whichever speaker set you to choose from our list, you will be extremely happy with the sound and with your purchase.
So, good luck with your purchase, and enjoy a much improved audio and sound quality with one of these amazing computer speakers!
Last update on 2020-10-21 at 08:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API