Do NOT Buy a Compact Treadmill Before Reading This
Want to work out at home, but don’t have space for a treadmill or other exercise gear? Don’t worry; you don’t have to live in a palace to own a good quality compact treadmill.
These small treadmills are light, reasonably priced, and compact enough to fit in the tightest living space.
Some are foldable, and others are so small and portable that you can place them just about anywhere.
Even though these treadmills are smaller than the ones in the gym, they still can provide you with an excellent opportunity to do some running or walk in the privacy of your own home, even if you have limited space available.
Make sure you pick one which is stable enough to hold your weight and stay in place during your exercise session. Also, keep an eye on the dimensions, warranty, incline range, top speed, and horsepower when you are picking a small-scale treadmill for your home.
Here are our absolute favorite top 10 compact treadmills with their pros, cons, and brief reviews.
Our top pick
The ASUNA compact folding treadmill has a relatively large and comfortable running deck but can still fit in tight spaces in your home. You can enjoy your daily run or walk while watching your favorite show or listening to music at home, thanks to this superb small treadmill.
- 19 x 61-inch deck space for comfortable striding and running
- Added handrails and deck rails for support and safety
- Compact dimensions and foldable design for storage and space-saving
- A 1.25 HP motor with a peak horsepower of 2.5 HP
- Can be folded to almost completely flat and can stand upright by a wall or other surface
- 6 LED windows which present all the workout data during your session
- Easy to reach and use functions
- 8 built-in workout programs, as well as the option to create 3 customized ones that best suit your needs and goals
- Easy to adjust 12 automatic incline levels from 2 to 5 degrees
- USB charging port for your device
- An AUX cable for connecting a music player
- Soft drop system
- A precise pulse monitor to help adjust your workout levels for the best results
- Added transport wheels for easy rolling and transport
- The speed range is only up to 8 mph
- It has a weight capacity of up to 220 lbs.
This is a well-made, top quality compact treadmill that will be a perfect fitness tool and addition to your home. It is versatile, so your whole family can use it for walking, running, or jogging. Stay in shape without leaving your home by purchasing the ASUNA Spaceflex foldable, portable treadmill!
This is an entry-level compact treadmill from NordicTrack and is among the most affordable treadmills offered by the brand. The T 6.5 S is foldable and light, which means you can easily store it away when not using it to save space.
- Small-sized and foldable, and yet robust make
- A digitally adjustable incline of up to 10 degrees of the spacious and high quality 20 x 55-inch tread belt
- 20 built-in workouts designed by pros
- 6 continuous horsepower motor
- iFit compatible, so when running or walking a set Google Maps route, it will automatically adjust your incline in accordance with the natural terrain on the map
- Great 5-inch display to help track your progress, distance, speed, time, calories burnt, and heart rate
- You can choose between a FlexSelect cushioned deck or a firmer one via the adjustable knob
- An integrated sound system which you can connect your iPod or mp3 player
- Built-in heart rate sensors in the handles
- Easy one-touch control of the speed and incline
- A choice of speed between 0 and 12 mph
- The motor comes with a 25-year warranty and a lifetime frame warranty
- A convenient tablet holder as well as cup holders
- It can carry up to 300 lbs.
- No cooling fan
- If you want an iFit monitor you need to buy one separately
This is a very cool foldable treadmill, which is very reasonably priced, but is powerful, sturdy, and has all the functionalities you need for your daily run or walk on your home treadmill.
If you don’t want to bother with assembly and get a portable treadmill that you can start using out of the box, this small folding treadmill is a great option. You can quickly unfold it and start walking, running, or jogging right away!
- 99 preset workout programs
- A large 11 inch LED display for real-time information on your progress
- A hi-fi sound system
- A heart rate monitor belt will measure your pulse, and the intelligent control of the treadmill will automatically adjust the speed in accordance with your heart rate
- Very convenient and space-saving vertical folding design (16.2 x 22x 50 inches when folded)
- Manual incline adjustment is possible
- Has a mobile app for added functionality and for transmitting your workout data to your phone
- Has a USB charger for your devices
- The runway size is 43.3 x 15.8 inches
- Speed can reach 7.5 mph
- Can hold a weight of up to 220 lbs.
- The running belt can be too narrow and short for people taller than 6 feet.
This pretty looking treadmill is the perfect size for home use, and it can be folded and kept away for some added space-saving too. You don’t need to assemble this Goplus 1.5 HP treadmill, so you can start your training program as soon as you receive it!
If you don’t want to break the bank when you buy your own personal compact treadmill, the Sunny Health and Fitness SF-T4400 is a highly recommended option. Don’t let the low price of this machine fool you – it is very well built and has the functionality of bigger and more expensive treadmills.
- A powerful 2.20 peak horsepower motor
- A 15.75 x 82-inch running surface
- A maximum speed of 10 mph
- Incline can be adjusted to up to 5%
- Easy to use handrail controls for the incline, speed, and start and stop
- A large LCD display to view the time, distance, pulse, and calories burnt
- 9 built-in workout programs for cardio and weight loss
- A tablet or phone holder
- Shock absorption system
- Pulse monitor on the hand grips
- BMI capability
- Easy to fold via the soft drop mechanism with folded dimensions: 34.23 x 26.25 x 58 inches
- Compact so it can fit in tight areas (62(L) x 27(W) x 58(H))
- Convenient safety lock
- A power-saving option
- Transportation wheels for better portability
- The track is not as wide and as long as in the higher end, bigger treadmills
- The warranty is only 3 years unlike the longer warranty given by other manufacturers
- The maximum user weight is only 220 lbs., so it is not suitable for bigger people
This top budget compact treadmill is a wonderful fitness machine to help you lose those extra pounds and stay in shape without having to go to the gym or running outdoors. It encompasses all the necessary functions of a basic treadmill and is sold at an amazingly low price!
If you are a newbie to working out, jogging, or walking, and want a basic small-scale treadmill to start training at home, you should consider purchasing the Weslo Cadence G 5.9. It is petite enough to fit in your home; it is foldable to save space and is offered at an affordable price.
You can check our full Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill review.
- 6 integrated workout programs designed by licensed trainers
- Very compact and space-saving foldable design (64(L) x 24(W) x 55(H) inches)
- A 2.25 horsepower motor and a speed of up to 10 mph
- Adjustable incline (2 positions)
- Great cushioning and shock absorption of the deck to protect your feet, legs and back
- A heart rate measuring sensor on the console
- An LCD with priority display showing your time, speed, distance and calories burnt
- 16 x 50-inch running surface
- The maximum user weight is 275 lbs.
- It can be used only for jogging and walking and not for running
- Only 1-year warranty for the motor and 90 days for the parts
This is the right treadmill to choose for use in a limited living space. You can jog and walk on it for hours safely and easily control all adjustable options.
Professional trainers devise the integrated programs, so you can choose the one which best fits your fitness goals. Affordable and well made – the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 compact treadmill is a great personal fitness tool to invest in!
If you prefer the convenience and energy saving of a mechanical treadmill, then this 4-in-1 versatile workout machine could be one of the best options to buy in 2021. It uses zero electrical power, so you can set it up and use it anywhere, even off the grid, for free, and with a minimal carbon footprint.
- No electricity is used, and thus it saves money and energy and helps the environment
- It includes 4 workout tools in one single machine
- You can use it as a treadmill, a sit-ups panel and cushion pads, a Draw rope and a T-wisting machine
- Perfect for improving and strengthening your waist muscles and the flexibility of your spine
- It comes with massage wheels for massaging the soles
- The slope is adjustable
- An easy to view digital LED display for time, speed, distance, and calories
- A nifty tablet and phone holder to keep you entertained as you exercise
- Very easy to install and to set up
- It is foldable so you can store it away and save space
- It is lightweight and portable, with added wheels
- It has strong suction cups to keep it stable and safe on the floor
- Affordable price
- Weight capacity of up to 440 lbs.
- Sold with a 1-year warranty
- It is not electrically powered
- There is no cooling fan
The Weeloloe 4-in-1 Mechanical Treadmill is among the most versatile of all of the home fitness machines on this list. It doesn’t rely on electricity to work, so you can use it anywhere, no matter whether there is a power outlet available.
It is foldable, and portable, and can be used as a regular treadmill, as well as a panel for sit-ups, a twisting machine, a draw rope tool, as well as a massager.
It is reasonably priced, easy to use, and will help you perform full-body workouts in the comfort of your home.
The bestselling LifeSpan TR3000i Touch treadmill is a powerful and highly customizable exercise tool, which is a perfect option for people who do a lot of running, as well as for families where more than one person will want to use the treadmill.
It is feature-packed, has a sturdy and yet lightweight construction, a high-speed and high-power motor, and is easily customizable via the 21 pre-set workout programs.
- A 2.75 HP DC Continuous duty sturdy motor
- Adjustable speed from 0.5 to 12 mph, suitable for runners and joggers of all ages and fitness levels
- The deck can be inclined easily into one of the 15 available positions
- 8 compression shocks on the deck for minimal impact on your knees and other joints
- A large color touchscreen display
- You can view your progress, distance, time, speed, calories burnt, and more
- An EZ-fold system with hydraulics for space-saving and easy storage
- It has 21 pre-set training programs and regimens suitable for any member of the family
- An accurate Intelli-Step pedometer so you can make sure you cover your daily 10K steps
- LifeSpan feature
- A 3-speed cooling fan for a fresh breeze during your workout sessions
- An auto-pause of the belt 20 seconds after you have stepped away from the deck
- A belt size of 56 (L) x 20 (W) inches suitable for walking, jogging, or running
- Overall unfolded size of 71 (L) x 33 (W) x 56 (H) inches
- When folded, it is only 42 (L) x 33(W) x 60 (H) inches
- It offers Bluetooth connectivity, and the receiver will sync your workout data automatically with your smartphone
- It comes with a free LifeSpan Active App to monitor your progress, heart rate, and other features
- It is compatible with all fitness tracking apps which can process data from Google fit or Apple health
- There is a USB port which you can use for charging your devices or for uploading your training data to a flash drive
- A capacity of up to 350 lbs. of body weight
- Sold with a lifetime warranty for the frame, 5 years for the parts, and 1 year for labor
- It comes with a single free LifeSpan Fitness Club membership, so if more of you want to use the tracking system, you will need to pay for the additional memberships
The LifeSpan TR3000i is among the best treadmills to buy if you want a reliable, customizable, and feature-filled home exercising device.
It is sturdily built, with a lifetime warranty for the frame, and 5 years for the parts, so you can rest assured that you are covered in case anything goes wrong.
The treadmill is powered by a continuous duty powerful motor. Its deck is highly customizable, you can choose among the numerous different pre-integrated programs and training regimens, as well as all safety features to ensure you are protected from injury while training.
When you are not using it, you can easily fold the treadmill with zero effort to put it away.
It is definitely one of the best multifunctional treadmills you can buy in 2021.
Don’t have the time to hit the gym or go out jogging? Why not do it in the comfort of your home instead with the Merax foldable treadmill? It is very reasonably priced and has all the functionality necessary for your safe and efficient workouts at home.
- Great size, easy to fold, and with rolling wheels for easy transport and storage
- Multi-functional display for tracking your progress
- A safety emergency key to keeping you well and safe during or after a workout
- Low noise motor, great for home use
- Cushioned deck for lower impact and quicker recovery of the muscles and joints
- Sturdy frame
- 3 pre-set workout programs to choose from
- Durable 4-layer running belt
- Pulse sensor on the hand grips
- Folded size is 25 x 25 x 51 inches
- Assembled size is 25 x 45 x 58 inches
- Very lightweight – only 70 lbs.
- 3 incline positions
- The weight capacity is limited to 220 lbs.
- The shorter track may make it difficult for taller people to jog or run
- The belt may need to be adjusted when it comes loose
This small-scale treadmill is a superb choice if you don’t have sufficient space for a larger model. You can fold and unfold it quickly and roll it to a storage place when you are done with your workout. Very light and yet sturdy, you will be pleased with the quality and functionality you will receive for the money paid for this small and foldable treadmill.
Having limited space should not stop you from staying active and fit, and being able to complete your daily step goals and jog in your home or office. With this compact manual walking treadmill, you don’t need to worry about where you will be working out, and how you will be storing your treadmill.
It is lightweight and folds flat, so you can store it in a limited space, like a closet once you are done with your training.
Plus, it uses no electrical power so that you can set it up in a room or area without a power outlet nearby too.
- A walking or jogging surface of 42 x 13 inches
- It is suitable for beginners, and for non-intensive running
- A safe, non-slip surface to keep you safe
- Comfortable soft foam handlebars
- Unfolded size of 49 (L) x 23 (W) x 50 (H) inches
- When folded, the machine is only 50 (L) x 23 (W) x 20 (H) inches
- It is lightweight (46 lbs.) and portable and has transportation wheels
- A nifty LCD monitor to scan and view your performance hands-free
- Weight capacity of up to 220 lbs.
- No power outlet needed, and no electricity used
- Zero carbon footprint when using it
- Easy assembly
- Offered at an affordable price
- The incline angle is not adjustable
- No cooling fan
- Not suitable for fast intensive running
The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T1407M Manual Walking Treadmill is an affordable, easy to set up, and compact workout machine, which is perfect for those of you who want to stay active, and yet don’t have too much available space for large-sized gym equipment.
It is small, lightweight, and foldable, making it an excellent choice for limited spaces.
The treadmill does not use electricity, so you can set it up wherever you want.
Plus, it costs a fraction of what the higher-end treadmills with all the bells and whistles cost.
We no longer recommend Shayin products
If you are thinking about equipping your home with a sturdy and yet compact treadmill for some home-based workouts, you should take a closer look at the Shayin Portable folding treadmill.
- Takes up minimal space (61.4 x 28 x 47.6 inches)
- Features an easy and safe folding and unfolding system
- A built-in heart rate sensor for real-time heart rate monitoring during a workout
- A nice and big LCD display with all the workout data you need to know during your exercise session
- A wide selection of 12 pre-set training programs to choose from
- Pre-assembled, so no assembly is required
- Rolling wheels for portability and hassle-free storage and access
- 3 incline options for building endurance, weight loss, and muscle toning
- 2 HP motor
- A maximum speed of 9.2 mph
- Safety key to keeping you safe while training
- Reduced noise and vibration thanks to the cushioning design of the unit
- Double layer running boards
- USB, SD card, and AUD input options
- 8 shock absorption springs for lower injury risk and fatigue
- Works for people with a weight of up to 243 lbs.
- You need to let the treadmill motor rest for about 15 minutes after every hour of training to cool down
This is a perfect foldable and small-sized treadmill that will allow you to get into shape and improve your well-being without having to go out on a running session. It is a stable, sturdy, and easy to maintain, fold and store fitness machine, suitable for any home.
There are so many benefits of leading a more active lifestyle, especially if you are used to a more sedentary one. Your overall health will improve, your body will become stronger and more toned, you will lose those extra pounds, and your stress levels will decrease.
Exercise is great, and if you don’t feel like joining a local running club or hitting the road every day, a small treadmill that you can use at home is a perfect solution.
These treadmills are compact, in many cases, they are foldable, and so they will not take up all of the free space in your house.
They are excellent machines for doing your everyday walking, jogging, and running safely, efficiently, and without needing to leave your home!
Related Content: The Best Folding Recumbent Bike