I’m going to go straight to the point. I love BBQ, especially when my husband makes it.
But with the recent weather developments, it’s not possible to enjoy a proper BBQ session.
That’s when the magic happens.
Check this out:These patties aren’t from the grill.
Catherine’s Way of Saying Occasional “NO” To BBQ Patties
I’ve made them in my convection oven.
There were no smells, no issues, no dirty dishes or stubborn burned fat on the grill.
You know what I mean.
The process of baking them is very straightforward, and couldn’t be more “set-and-forget-it” than this.
The sauce was very easy as well. It took me around 5 minutes to prepare it and around 15 to complete it.
I’m not experienced like Barbara, but I do know a thing or two about photography. 🙂
Still, the composition part isn’t as straightforward to me. I’m experimenting with layouts, props, and elements.
You’re more than welcome to tell me what you think.
(Barb told me that I’m way better than her already! Ha!)
Anyway, the patties. They’re healthy, they’re good for a diet.
And they are DELICIOUS.
Further Reading:Most Recommended Frozen Hamburger Patties
My creative mess, so perfect!
Here’s what you need to make them
- 1ВЅ pound (24 ounces) of clean chicken breast meat, minced (double minced if possible)
- One onion, finely chopped
- Four garlic cloves, finely chopped
- One egg
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the sauce
- One pound of chopped tomatoes (fresh is better, but canned is ok as well)
- One onion, chopped
- Two garlic cloves
- Parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- A pinch of oregano
Related Read:Learn How To Thicken Tomato Sauce
I’ve prepared this dish simultaneously, and have developed these instructions in easy segments for you to follow. It might look tremendous as this text, but believe me – anyone can do this.
- Mix all the ingredients for patties in a large bowl, and treat it like a bread dough.
- Get busy, and try to process it for at least 5 minutes, until the mass is smooth.
- Leave it to rest while you prepare the sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a large pot and mix well.
- Put the pot on low to medium heat.
- Let it cook for 15 minutes (all the veggies should be tender)
- Reduce to low heat and simmer for another 20 minutes until the sauce gets reduced by в…“ or even ВЅ, (depends on how you like your sauce – simmer longer for a thicker sauce)
- While your sauce is on a low simmering, get back to the meat. Set one sheet of baking paper in a large baking sheet. (hehe)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)
- Start creating small patties (not thicker than your finger), and putting them on the sheet.
- When your sheet is full, put it in the oven, and leave to bake for 15 minutes.
- Now it’s time to check your sauce. If you’re satisfied with the thickness & texture (the smell will be delicious) just turn off the heat and leave it there.
- When the 15-minute mark is reached, open up the oven. Carefully flip the patties and return in the oven for new 15 minutes of baking.
- When the patties are done, remove them from the oven, and start serving this beautiful dish.
- Each serving should contain several patties and a handful of sauce to dip. You can serve them separately or in a big plate, however you like.
Related Recipe:Chicken Gizzards Stew & Baked Chicken Gizzards
What to serve with patties in red sauce?
Here’s an interesting thing – you can serve these with almost anything!
I’ve tried serving them with pasta, potato chips, french fries, and even now, with a loaf of warm bread.
I have a special relationship with homemade bread baking, and I love my bread baker so much (will tell you about it later), so I’ve tried this combination, and my whole family literally screamed of joy!
This turned out to be the best possible combination ever!
Let me know what you think about these, would you make one, and how it went!
Until the next dish!(I’m planning something new already) 😉