Some people consider cat water fountains a waste of money, but the truth is these devices are not just beautiful toys for your cats, and in fact, they will allow for the kitties to have access to fresh, clean and filtered water at all times.
Also, with a cat water dispenser like our top pick for 2020 – the Fountain Blue Waterer, you can be sure that your otherwise reluctant cat will drink enough water to stay hydrated and healthy even when you are out.
Cats are naturally attracted by moving objects and moving water so with a fountain like one of our top picks for the best cat water fountains for 2020 you can be sure that your beloved kitty will have fun, and will drink enough water to stay happy and well.
This beautiful cat water fountain is our overall favorite one available on the market this year. It is designed not only to entice kitties to drink more water in order to stay hydrated and healthy. The fountain recycles the water and filters out any impurities, toxins, odors, tastes, as well as hairs and debris so that your furry friend always has clean and fresh water. This also means that you don’t have to worry about having to refill it, or it running empty when you are not home.
The cat water fountain by Fountain Blue has free-falling water streams which come from either the maple leaf or the flower spouts which are included with the product.
The fountain works quietly and at a safe low voltage of just 5V, and is powered via a USB plug adaptor.
You can easily adjust and control the water flow depending on your preferences.
The unit is very easy to disassemble and clean in a dishwasher. All of its parts are dishwasher safe. Also, it is made of BPA free safe materials.
The pretty and efficient cat water fountain is sold with 2 charcoal filters.
The size of the small pet fountain is 12.3 x 3.2 x 5.1 inches, and it can fit 1.8L (60 oz.) of water.
The manufacturer offers a 1-year refund or replacement guarantee.
The IPETTIE Tritone pet drinking fountain is our second choice for the best cat water fountain for 2020. It is yet another gorgeous product which will bring beauty to your home as well as provide your cat or small dog with the clean and fresh water it needs to stay healthy, hydrated and happy throughout the day and night.
The fountain is made of top quality ceramic, which is completely natural, non-toxic, and eco-friendly.
The design provides a triple water stream which aerates the water and which will capture the attention of felines, who will feel compelled to drink more water and play with it.
The Tritone cat fountain has a two-layer filtration system including a mechanical and a chemical one. This will ensure that the water in the bowl is fresh, free of any debris, hair, and other pollutants. Thanks to the carbon filter, any bad smells or tastes will be filtered out of the water too.
The pet fountain has a large capacity of 71oz. (2.1L) which is sufficient for 2 weeks or more per cat.
It has a whisper-quiet operation, and its pump runs on only 2W, which is both energy saving and safe for the animals at home. Its pump is IP68 waterproof and safe as well.
The device is easy to take apart and wash.
This excellent quality cat water fountain is available in several different color variations. Its size is 10.7 x 10.7 x 5.5 inches, and it weighs 7.1 lbs.
The package contains an AC adapter, 2 AC pumps with a 3-year warranty, 3 charcoal filters, and a foam filter.
Best budget-friendly option
This cute electric water dispenser will cost you less than $25, and it will provide your kitty with clean drinking water it needs to stay hydrated and well. The cat water fountain by Hommii has a pretty flower in the middle from which the water will flow and bubble up as it falls, so every cat is bound to be attracted by it. It works very quietly, so it is suitable for even the timidest felines.
You can set this reasonably priced fountain to 3 different settings including a gentle flow, a quiet flow, and a bubbly water flow, so you can pick the best mode for the temperament of your kitty.
The capacity of this water dispenser is 1.6L, so you can rest assured that your cat has all the water it needs while you are not home.
It has a coal filter which will remove hairs, debris and other impurities, and will soften hard water. Also, any odor or taste will be removed to make the water more attractive to drink.
The affordable cat water fountain is easy to take apart and wash. It is perfectly sized for the height of cats or small dogs – 7.48 x 7.48 x 6.3 inches, and works at a 12V voltage and small energy consumption of just 2Watts.
Along with the Hommii fountain, you will receive an AC adapter, a charcoal filter, and a silicone drinking mat.
Related – The Best Cat Food Your Cat is Going to Love
Here are the rest of the best cat water fountains for 2020
This top-quality water dispenser for cats and larger pets will continuously aerate and filter the water in the bowl and will encourage them to drink more water and stay healthy and happy.
- A 3-gallon reservoir suitable for cats and dogs up to 60lbs.
- The flow of the free-falling stream is adjustable
- The design of the ramp and spout reduce the splashing and the sound of the falling water
- A pre-filter captures hairs and other large debris before they get to the pump
- Made of BPA free plastic
- All parts except the motor and cord are dishwasher safe
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Sold with 1-year limited warranty
If your pet spends a lot of time outdoors, this outdoor dog and cat fountain could be the best option to ensure that your animal always has fresh water.
- A large 5-gallon capacity
- Two 1-gallon reservoirs which are easy to remove and refill via the handles
- Offers double filtration with foam and carbon filters to remove debris, odors, tastes, and pollutants from the water
- The high sides of the bowls reduce the splashes and the spills during drinking
- The fountain is suitable for both cats and dogs
- It can be disassembled completely and washed in a dishwasher
- The water flow helps to aerate and clean the water
- 1-year warranty by the manufacturer
- A large 2L capacity
- The water will be filtered, aerate itself and be fresh and tasty for drinking for up to a month
- The fountain is suitable for cats, dogs, birds, and other animals
- Made of safe antibacterial resin, which is BPA free and is food grade certified
- Quick-release construction allows for easy disassembly for washing
- A silent pump which won’t frighten the animals off and won’t bother you
- Low consumption of 2W
- The pump has a life of 20,000 hours, and can even continue running without water for about a week
- There are 3 water flow settings – flower bubble, flower waterfall, and gentle fountain
- It has 2 interchangeable spouts – normal and flower
- The carbon filter will remove odors and tastes and will purify the water
- The size of the cat fountain is 732 x 7.32 x 5.12 inches
- The water is aerated from the flow
- Cyan colored and with a very cute design
- The fountain comes with a silicone mat to keep the water splashes off of the floor
- Sold with a 45-day guarantee and a 12-month warranty and 24/7 technical support
- This water dispenser has a minimal safety water line and a LED light indicator which will alert you when the water is running low
- If the water falls below the minimal level, the fountain will switch off for safety reasons
- The fountain has a large capacity of 3L (100 oz.)
- A three action filtration system – a PP cotton filter removes the large debris, then a carbon filter along with a high-density nylon mesh help remove any odors, tastes, bacteria, and contaminants
- You can choose among 2 modes for the dispenser – normal mode for continuous flow of water and eco mode for 4 minutes of operation followed by a 2-minute pause
- The fountain is super silent
- It is made of safe, BPA free, non-toxic, antibacterial and mold-proof ABS
- The size is 8.6 x 8.6 x 5.6 inches, and the volume of the bowl is 8.6 inches in diameter and 5.6 inches in height
- The water bottle has a capacity of 3 gallons
- The gravity fed design will replenish the supply of the water in the bowl once it reaches a low level
- Made of antimicrobial materials and easy to clean PP plastic
- A perfect fountain for homes with more than one pets
- A recessed handle area makes it easy to carry
- It has non-skid feet to keep it safely in place and from getting tipped over
- The size of the dispenser is 18 x 17.5 x 10.5 inches, and it weighs 1.9 lbs.
- The device is completely maintenance free – no filters, no cleaning, and no refilling
- The water starts to flow when the cat gets near the motion sensor
- The flow will stop automatically
- The cat will have access to fresh tap water from the faucet whenever it is thirsty
- The fountain makes no sound at all
- It is very easy to connect to the faucet, and won’t get into your way when you use the sink
- The size of the base is 5 x 5.5 inches (width x height), so it has a very small footprint
- Together with the spigot, its height is 12.5 inches
- It comes with the tubing and diverter, and the aerator thread adapters need for mounting it
- It is connected to a constant water supply, so it never needs to be refilled manually
- The bowl doesn’t keep standing water which can get contaminated and filled with hairs and debris over time
- A flow of water will fill the bowl as soon as the cat or other pet approaches it with their nose
- Works at a low voltage and is completely safe for the pets and you
- No filters and no cleaning is required
- It is sold with everything necessary for installation
- Its size is 13.5 x 11 x 4.5 inches
The design of the Avalon cat water fountain is perfect for elderly cats or those suffering from arthritis or joint pains because it is easy to access and drink from.
- Made of natural ceramic porcelain which is easy to clean and is more sanitary than most other materials
- Dishwasher safe
- It has a capacity of 70 oz. of water
- The water is continuously filtered and aerated
- It has a dual free-falling water flow which will attract the cat and encourage it to drink more water
- There are two drinking levels for the pets – an upper and a lower dish which makes it an excellent choice for cats of all ages and sizes, as well as for small and medium-sized dogs
- It works with a low 12V voltage system
- The pump is submersible and perfectly safe and quiet
As you can see, there is a wide variety of types, sizes, and shapes of cat water fountains on the market. While some people see them as just fancy gadgets, more cat parents have come to the conclusion that a reliable and good quality cat water fountain will appeal to all cats no matter whether they are used to drinking from a bowl or from a tap. With a cat fountain, the water will always be fresh, clean and safe to drink, and in most cases, a carbon filter will remove any nasty chemical or other odors and tastes from it as well.
With a water dispenser like this, you don’t have to worry about refilling the bowl with fresh water several times a day. Instead, you can rest assured that your fur baby has all the water it needs whenever it needs it no matter whether you are at home or not.
A cat water fountain will not only add beauty to your home but will make your feline friend happier, because as we know our curious friends love everything that moves and most of them are attracted by running water anyway.
All of our top picks for the best cat water fountains for 2020 are of high quality, safe for you and your pet, and will give you peace of mind that there is always fresh, clean and safe drinking water for your cat and all of the pets at home!
Last update on 2020-03-30 at 09:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API