Are you tired of spending loads of cash on getting your car’s interior cleaned at the car wash? You can ensure that the upholstery, carpeting, and air inside of your vehicle are clean of all pet hairs, crumbs, dirt and other debris including those stuck in the hard to reach nooks and crannies with the help of an efficient car vacuum cleaner.
Since there are so many vacuum cleaners that are very efficient for car cleaning, we decided to test a large number of them and came up with our top 10 best car vacuums list for 2020 for you.
Read on to find out which vacuums we have chosen and why, as well as some useful tips on cleaning your car easily and properly.
We love that it is a versatile vacuum which you can use as a regular stick vacuum when cleaning your floors, and quickly turns into a handheld vac when you want to clean your car or furniture.
It is light and comfortable to hold. It weighs less than 8 lbs. which means that you won’t end up exhausted and with a sore arm after a cleaning session.
Plus, you can easily clean the entire interior of your vehicle without too much effort thanks to its portability and maneuverability.
The special home and car detail kit includes some miniature tools which can reach in and clean all of the tiniest crevices and spaces in your car.
Also, the Shark Rocket has nifty fingertip controls, so that you can switch from carpet to floor mode with one hand only.
The vacuum can be fixed to the bottom of the wand or on the wall mount, according to your preferences.
The easy swiveling and steering of the vac will allow you to get every speck of dirt out of the upholstery, mats and other parts of your car without effort.
You can also use this vacuum cleaner to clean your floors at home or the garage from dust and debris with the useful Dust-away hard floor attachment.
The HV302 has strong suction, which is sufficient to clean out pet hair and other particles from the interior of your vehicle without the need of covering the same area over and over again.
It has a 4.2 amp motor and uses cyclonic technology to remove the dust and debris without the need for a bag.
The filters are easy to access and washable so you won’t get all messy when you clean the Shark Rocket out of the collected dirt. Plus, they are supposed to last at least as the vacuum does, so you won’t need to spend money on costly replacements over time.
The vacuum is corded, which means that you will need a power outlet nearby, but at the same time, it will keep the suction and power going for as long as you need it, unlike with cordless vacuums which will lose power at some point during the cleaning. The cord is 30 ft. long, so you shouldn’t have a problem accessing each side and each part of the car with this wonderful car vacuum cleaner.
Our top pick has an auto shutoff function if the unit starts overheating, which will keep it from damage.
Overall, we love the Shark Rocket HV320 because it is a versatile device that you can use for cleaning your home as well as your car. It is light and can be used as a stick vacuum and a handheld vac. It doesn’t require expensive filter changes and is easy to maintain. It is light, maneuverable and has a dedicated car cleaning kit so that you can clean just about any particle of dirt or debris from all nooks and crannies, and your car will always be in pristine condition!
Our second favorite automotive vacuum for 2020 is the HOTOR DC 12V car vacuum. It is a miniature vac which you can keep in your car to clean up any spills, messes, and debris right on the spot, without the need to go home, take the vacuum out, plug it in and start cleaning.
You just need to plug it in your car cigarette lighter plug or another 12V DC plug, and you are set to go!
It provides powerful suction and has a washable and durable HEPA filter to remove all those airborne particles as you clean. This is especially important if you or a family member has dust, pet dander or other allergies, respiratory problems, or eczema.
This small vacuum cleaner will successfully clean both dry and wet spills, which is perfect because we all know how often incidents with spilled beverages and foods happen when on the road.
The detachable head of the HOTOR vac is very easy to remove, which will allow you to empty the canister without hassle and without making a mess. It is washable, so you can easily wash the filter out even after cleaning a nasty wet spill.
The vac also has a useful LED light which will help you locate any hidden debris, hairs, and other particles in the car and remove them.
The HOTOR comes with an extended tube, a brush and a crevice nozzle which can reach absolutely everywhere in between the seats, the mats and other bits of the car’s interior which seem to attract the most dirt. The cord is a generous 16 ft. long so you can easily reach any part of the car and even the trunk. You will also receive a nifty carrying bag to store the vac and accessories when not in use and just pop it into your trunk for next time.
Best of all, the HOTOR car vac is sold at a very affordable price, and it comes with a worry-free money back guarantee, so you really don’t want to miss out on this deal if you want the best car vac for your money!
The Vacplus is small and light, which makes it very easy and painless to use for thorough cleaning of all parts of the car’s interior.
It is powered by the 12V DC cigarette lighter plug, and its 16.4 ft. long cable is sufficient for reaching each and every part of the car, including the trunk. The Vacplus even has a small LED light to help you clean up a mess in the dark too.
The stainless steel filter is washable and reusable, so you won’t have to keep spending money on replacements over time.
The bin is easy to empty and clean, which means less mess and a hassle-free experience.
The small vac fits perfectly alongside all accessories in its carry bag and you can easily keep it in the storage underneath the front seat or in your trunk.
This is the perfect, budget-friendly car vac to have on the road with you, especially if you have small children, pets or both, or if you tend to be clumsy with the snacks and beverages you eat along the way.
For this kind of money and all of the amazing features it has, there is no other car vacuum which you can buy in 2020!
The rest of the best 10 car vacuums for 2020
- The powerful 90W motor provides suction sufficient to absorb even the tiniest particles sized less than 0.1 microns stuck in the upholstery
- Powered by durable 2200mAh li-on batteries with 30 minutes of running time
- An easy to empty and clean large 600ml dust container sufficient for cleaning the car and trunk several times
- Great reach into crevices and other difficult to reach places in the car
- You can use it for cleaning your furniture and your home as well
- Great for cleaning pet hair and accidental spills and messes
- Can clean liquid spills of up to 100ml
- Comes with a crevice and rubber jar tool, a dusting and a clean brush, a washable filter, and a charging station
- The battery is fully charged for just 45 minutes
- Quiet operation
- Sold with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 12-month warranty
- Over 25 ft. of reach thanks to the 18 ft. power cord and the 7 ft. hose
- Extreme suction power and airflow for all kinds of cleaning or blower jobs – it is not called “Beast” for nothing!
- Great integrated organization of the cord, hose, and accessories will save storage space
- Includes a durable kink resistant hose, utility and car nozzles, a crevice tool, extension wand, a fine dust filter, and foam wet filter as well as a noise and air diffuser
- Highly efficient dry or wet cleaning
- A large canister which fits a 5-gallon bag and is easy to clean
- Compact and yet very powerful
- Compact and light and yet immensely powerful
- You can mount it on the wall for easy storage and access via the integrated wall mount
- A large cleaning field thanks to the 10ft. Flex hose, the 11ft. standard hose and the 20 ft. cable
- A powerful 5 horsepower dry and wet vac with a durable 2-stage motor
- Sublimely quiet operation
- Has a nifty blower function
- Comes with 2 extension wands, a combo floor nozzle and brush, a round dust brush, a car nozzle, a crevice tool, and an air and noise diffuser, as well as a handy remote control and caddy
- Can turn the unit on and off via the remote control on the handle
- The foam sleeve and cartridge filters are washable and reusable
- Large carry handle for better portability
- Excellent onboard storage for the accessories
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- A 50 ft. crushproof hose
- Comes with several wands, a caddy, a dusting brush and floor, and upholstery tools
- Made of durable and corrosion resistant galvanized steel
- The dust canister has a large 7-gallon capacity and uses 5-layer HEPA style bags so there are no filters to wash and no canisters to clean
- The HEPA system removes more than 99% of the harmful airborne particles and allergens
- Can be mounted on the wall for space saving and easy cleaning
- A powerful and sturdy Ametek Lamb motor and 740 Max Air Watts
- It can be used for all kinds of cleaning jobs (residential or commercial) just about anywhere – great for vehicles, garages, repair shops, and others
- Can be used as a blower as well
- Made in the USA
- 5-year limited warranty for residential use
- Small, light and yet powerful enough to get all of the hairs, dust and other debris stuck deep in the upholstery and mats of your car
- A comfortable carrying handle with an easy to reach power switch
- An 18 ft. long cord
- Multiple levels of HEPA filtration help reduce the allergens in the air of your car or home
- Comes with a hose adaptor nozzle, a rubber contour nozzle, a wide mouth tool, and a crevice tool as well as a 2 ft. hose
- 1-year warranty
- Up to $10 of every purchase of a Bissell vac adds to the proceeds of the company’s Pet Save foundation
Related: The best vacuum for carpeted stairs
How to properly vacuum your car
As you all know, the car attracts all kinds of dirt, and is prone to all kinds of spills and messes, especially if you have pets and kids.
In order to properly clean your car from the unsightly and possibly harmful debris, particles, pet hair and dander, pollens and other allergens, you need to deep clean it on a regular basis.
The best way to do it is with a powerful car vacuum that will suck up all of the microscopic debris from the upholstery and floor and will reduce the airborne allergens in the air if it has a HEPA filtering system. This is crucial if you or a family member has allergies, asthma, or eczema.
Here are some tips on how to ensure that your car seats and interior is cleaned properly and safely:
- Use a powerful vacuum cleaner which has suitable crevice and car cleaning attachments to reach all nooks and crannies
- Remove any trash and all personal belongings before proceeding
- Remove the mats
- Start by vacuuming the loose dirt from the floor and seats, seat folds and other areas with a wider attachment for carpets
- Shake the mats and then vacuum them thoroughly
- Use a stiff brush attachment to vacuum and remove any stuck particles in the carpeting
- Use the narrower crevice and car attachments for the harder to reach places such as seat crevices, vents, cup holders, ashtrays, door seals and others
- A soft brush attachment is suitable for removing any dust in the vents and nooks of the car
- Remember to vacuum under the seats as well
- If there is a bad odor you can use a freshener or sprinkle the area with baking soda and let it rest before vacuuming it off
- Clean the car area by area, so that you make sure you don’t miss a dirty spot
By vacuuming your car properly on a regular basis, you will not only make it much more pleasant to ride in, but you will also ensure that the interior stays intact and lasts longer. This will give your vehicle better resale value and will also ensure that the air you breathe inside it is free of allergens and other harmful airborne particles.
With one of these vacuum cleaners, you will ensure that your car looks perfectly clean and is safe for you and your family. Plus, you will also help keep the fabrics inside intact and safe from damage which can occur from too much dirt and other debris stuck in it.
The quality of the air will improve, any hairs and dander from your pets will be long gone, and you will enjoy a wonderful ride every time.
So, go ahead and invest in one of these excellent car vacuums, and your car will look like new without having to pay for professional deep cleaning and without having to put too much effort and time for removing even the tiniest microscopic allergens and other debris stuck deep in the carpet and seats.
Good luck and enjoy your perfectly clean and pristine car once again with one of these top best car vacuums for 2020!