Have a new home carpentry project in mind? Make your life easier by purchasing a high-quality brad nailer instead of wasting time and energy hammering all those nails in with a regular hammer.
Since I have quite a bit of experience with making my own cabinets and other DIY projects involving the use of brad nailers, I have worked with and tested a large number of different models over the years
This is why I feel competent enough regarding these handy tools to help you make your pick, by giving you my list of top 10 best brad nailers in 2020, with some brief notes and reviews regarding each of these helpful tools.
Tired of stopping work in the middle of your carpentry project to reload your brad nailer or for jam clearing? With the WEN 61720, your work will be effortless, fast and without unnecessary pauses.
- Fires brad nails from 3/8 to 2 inches
- Lightweight aluminum body for reduced fatigue (3 lbs.)
- Excellent grip thanks to the rubber handle
- Operates at 60-115 PSI
- Features a ¼ inch NPT air inlet
- The quick release spacious magazine holds up to 100 brads
- The kit includes adjustment wrenches, oil, and a durable carrying case
- 1-year warranty and friendly customer service
- You may need to make some adjustments via the depth gauge before using it to get the brads properly into the wood without imprints
This is a very reliable brad nailer, with a very spacious magazine, and with a quick release which ensures that there is no jamming and that the work is done properly. Some adjustments may be needed before a job, but overall, this is a top-notch brad nailer.
You are looking for a lightweight and yet effective brad nailer, which you can use without ending up with your hand and arm sore and fatigued? The Hitachi NT50AE2 is just what you need!
- Works with 5/8 – 2-inch brad nails
- Very light body (2.2 lbs.)
- A depth dialer to adjust the depth of the nail in the wood
- Easy switching between contact fire and bump fire mode
- Works with 70-110 PSI
- Slip-resistant handle grip
- Removable nose cap
- easy to clear nose for quick and hassle-free nail jam clearing – no tools required
- High capacity nail magazine – approximately 100
- 360-degree exhaust vent
- Included in the kit: mounted nose cap, safety goggles, and a protective storage case
- Visual nail indicator allows you to check on the number of nails in the magazine
- 5-year limited warranty by Hitachi
- It is a bit challenging to shoot the brads from certain angles
- No indicator informing you when the nails have run out
This is a superb compact and light brad nailer which is perfect for small carpentry projects. Nail jams are easy to resolve, and the convenient switch between firing modes will make your job much easier and efficient.
If you want a multi-functional tool for your DIY carpentry and other home projects, you should seriously consider purchasing this Stanley TRE550Z combined brad nail gun and an electric stapler.
- Lengthy 8-foot power cord for easy maneuvering
- Works with both Stanley staples and with nails (1/2, 9/16, 5/8 inch brads)
- Two power options for softer and harder materials
- Flush nose for easy use in tight areas and corners
- Anti-jam feature
- Contoured comfortable grip
- Lifetime warranty
- Heavier and heftier than some of the other brad nail guns
This combined brad nailer and stapler from Stanley is a heavy-duty, versatile and very sturdy tool which will serve you perfectly while working on your projects. It is heftier than others, but that’s what heavy-duty is about, right?
Looking for a sturdy brad nailer which requires little or no maintenance and which you can rely on for all of your carpentry work at home or at your job? The Dewalt DWFP12231 is a serious contender for the leading position in the best brad nailer recommendations for you!
- Works with 18 gauge nails (5/8 to 2 inches long)
- Durable and maintenance-free motor
- Easy depth of drive adjustment
- Tool-free jam release
- Rear exhaust for safe work
- High capacity magazine for 100 nails
- Adjustable hook for your belt for easy reach
- Comfortable rubber grip for safe and precise work
- Non-marring removable nose tip
- Heavier than some of the other products on this list
This is a very precise and reliable brad nailer which requires little or no maintenance and nail jams can be resolved very quickly without the need of special tools. It will help you get the job done with high precision. This is truly a great carpentry tool!
Tired of getting air and dust in your eyes while using your air compressor powered brad nailer? This one has a rear exhaust to keep it out of your face for safe and worry-free work.
- Drives 18 gauge nails from 5/8 to 2 inches
- The motor is maintenance free
- Adjustable depth of drive – no tools required
- Sequential style trigger – easy to access during work
- No oiling of the motor is needed which keeps the surfaces you are working on clean and free of stains
- Anti-jam feature
- Rear exhaust
- Very light – only 1.25 lbs.
- The depth adjustment wheel is not as easy to work with as with some other nailer guns
This nailer gun is highly efficient, and its anti-jam feature and maintenance free motor makes it very easy to use while working on a wide variety of projects – big or small. It is possible one of the lightest brad nailers right now, so if this is a feature you are looking for – this brad nailer is perfect.
If you are a perfectionist and want to get each nail exactly where you want it to be, the Bostitch BTFP12233 could be the right brad nailer to suit your needs.
- Features a small nose which allows for greater precision when firing nails
- Works with 5/8-2 1/8 size 18 gauge nails
- Tool-free jam resolution
- A ¼ inch air connection
- Dial-a-Depth adjustment
- Also included in the kit: a ¼ inch air fitting, extra no-mar tips, belt hook, sample fasteners, and a carrying and storage case
- reduced work damage from compressing and from oil-free use
- 7-year warranty
- It is not as efficient for working with a hardwood such as oak
This is a fine carpentry tool which allows for excellent visibility and precise control at all times. If you like to have everything under control and get the nails exactly where they are meant to be – this brad nailer is an outstanding choice.
Want to save money for purchasing a brad nailer and a stapler separately? This 2-in-1 tool is an outstanding option.
- Double function – brad nailer and stapler
- Works with 18 gauge 3/8-2 inch nails and ½ – 1 5/8 inch staples
- Depth is adjustable
- Especially designed no-mar tip to protect from work damage
- An anti-dust cap for clearer air during work
- Useful re-load indicator
- Comes with air tool oil, a fastener and hex wrenches
- 1-year warranty and 30 days warranty for the wearable parts
- Works at 60-110 PSI
- It is smaller and not as heavy duty as some of the other similar tools
This multifunctional compact tool is a must-have for anyone who wants a reliable and affordable brad nailer and stapler combined in one easy to use package! It is gentle on the surface you are working on and yet highly efficient in getting the nail or stapler in it.
If you hate the frustration and fumbling accompanying getting nails in tight and difficult to reach spots, the Makita AF505N will be a heaven-sent brad nailer for you.
- The nose is very narrow which allows for effortless nailing in very tight spaces
- Adjustable depth
- The magazine has a capacity of holding up to 100 brad nails
- 360-degree rotating exhaust
- Quick jam release without tools
- Non-mar rubber nose to lessen surface damage
- The hook can be rotated at 180 degrees for your convenience
- Indicator window for timely reloading of the magazine
- Sold with safety goggles, nailer oil, 2 no-mar tips, and a case
- Doesn’t have a rapid-fire function
This brad nailer from Makita is a very precise tool, and it can be used for finicky jobs when you need to get a nail into a constricted or tight area. Also, with this nail gun, you can always check on the number of nails left in the magazine, so that you don’t run out during work.
Ryobi P320 Airstrike 18 Volt One+ Lithium-Ion Cordless Brad Nailer (Battery Not Included, Power Tool Only)
If you dread working with a corded tool and getting tangled and restricted by the cable all the time, you should opt for a cordless brad nailer instead. The Ryobi P320 is one of the best cordless brad nailers at the market.
- Cordless function, battery-powered tool
- Fires up to 700 nails per charge of the 4 amp Lithium-Ion battery
- Dry fire feature protects the surfaces from damage
- Stops working when the magazine is empty so no more firing blanks
- Feature 2 bright LED lights for better visibility
- Fires 5/8 to 2-inch nails
- Depth control adjustment via a dial
- No air compressor needed
- Resolving nail jams is more complicated than in other models
This battery operated Ryobi brad nailer is great if you don’t want to carry an air compressor around with you when doing handy jobs around the house. It is powerful, precise and allows for free movement at all times.
The PowRyte brad nailer is an incredibly light and comfortable to hold instrument which is suitable for all kinds of projects.
- No-slip handle
- Very lightweight (approximately 2 lbs.)
- Works with 18 gauge nails from 5/8 to 2 inches long
- 70-110 PSI
- Indicator to warn you when you are running low on nails
- Adjustable exhaust for eye protection
- Easy and fast jam release
- The capacity of the magazine is 100 nails
- It performs better with shorter nails and not so well with longer ones
This is an easy-to-use and very light brad nailer which will keep you away from fatigue and sore hands and arms during work. It will duly inform you when you are running out of nails and will automatically stop when the magazine is empty, so you won’t waste your time shooting an empty gun instead of working.
No matter how good a professional or a DIY carpenter you are, a reliable brad nailer can make a huge difference in your work and overall performance.
Say goodbye to the slow and painstaking manual hammering, and get one of these top-notch brad nailers to help you become better, faster and more precise when working on your next carpentry project or other home errands.
You can get a cordless one, or one which combines both a brad nailing gun and a stapler. Plus, you can choose between the lighter ones and the heavy-duty models in my list, depending on the type of work you need this handy tool for.
The choice is big, but all of the products which made it on my top 10 best brad nailers list are definitely worth investing in. Just pick the one which you feel will be of most use for you, and you will be done with using that regular hammer for most of your home projects and work once and for all
Good luck with your purchase and keep those projects going with your new brad nailer!
Last update on 2020-07-11 at 07:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API