Do you tend to toss and turn all night and can’t seem to find a comfortable position for sleeping? A good body pillow which provides comfortable support can resolve your problems with insomnia or body aches and pains, and can become your best sleeping buddy!
Since body pillows come in so many shapes, varieties, and sizes, it could be quite challenging when looking for the best one to fit your needs and provide you with the desired support and comfort.
To help you, we tested a variety of body pillows in the last couple of months, and we came up with our final verdict on the top 10 best body pillows you can buy in 2020.
Take a look at our top picks and choose the best one for your sleeping style and specific needs.
We had no doubts when we picked the Snuggle-Pedic body pillow as our top choice for 2020, because it provides amazing comfort, support, and relief to the muscles and joints, and will allow you to sleep soundly as a baby.
This 20 x 54-inch full body pillow is filled with completely safe, shredded low VOC hypoallergenic Biogreen memory foam combined with CertiPUR foam. The foam is breathable and provides that unmatched cool pillow feeling we all love.
The patented Ultra-Luxurious Kool-Flow cover of the pillow is made of 43% bamboo viscose, 56.4% polyester, and 0.6% Lycra and is soft, hypoallergenic and will keep you cool all night long.
The bulky pillow is about 7 lbs. and features a design that is especially targeted at conforming to the shape and contours of your body and providing orthopedic support.
It won’t change in shape over time and doesn’t need to be fluffed to stay soft.
Plus, if you are allergic to dust or have breathing problems or irritable skin and eyes, you don’t have to worry about this one, as it is completely hypoallergenic and dust-mite resistant.
Probably the best feature we liked about the Snuggle-Pedic pillow is the fact that it is sold with a 120-night satisfaction guarantee, which allows you to test it for about 3 months, and if you are not completely happy with the product to return it and receive a full refund, no questions asked. The manufacturer also offers free customization of the pillow if, for some reason, you are not satisfied with its density and shape.
The pillow comes with a 20-year warranty, which speaks a lot about just how confident the manufacturer is in the quality and durability of the pillow.
This excellent body pillow is especially suitable for side sleepers who can use some added support and comfort. It is also one of the top choices for those of you who are stomach sleepers, as well as for pregnant ladies.
Its large size means that you can still get all of the comfort and support you need even if you are tall and have a large body frame.
The Snuggle-Pedic pillow is machine washable, so you don’t need to be concerned about how you are going to keep it clean and sanitized.
If you want to order it online, you don’t have to worry about receiving a bulky package as it is delivered vacuum-sealed.
With the quality of the materials used for the filling and the cover, the amazing design, and the comfort it provides, along with the 120-night sleep guarantee and the 20-year warranty, the Snuggle-Pedic is most certainly the best body pillow on the market right now!
If you are picky about the density of your pillows, you will love this fully adjustable body pillow from Coop Home Goods. You can take out or add more of the memory foam via the nifty zipper on the side, in order to achieve that perfect density which you need for support, comfort, and for sound sleeping.
You can mold the pillow to fit your specific needs and sleeping style, so we can recommend this body pillow to back, side, or stomach sleepers as well as for expectant women who can use that extra support and comfort during their pregnancy.
The Coop Home Goods pillow is the runner-up in our list and is the same size as our top pick the Snuggle Pedic – 20x 54 inches. It too is an excellent choice for people of all sizes.
It is filled with CertiPUR shredded, gel-infused memory foam. It’s removable, and machine washable cover is made of 60% polyester and 40% bamboo viscose rayon.
The filling and the cover provide excellent air ventilation and will help keep you cool and comfortable throughout the night.
If you suffer from dust allergies, asthma, or eczema, you will feel a huge relief once you add this pillow to your bedding, as it is dust mite resistant and hypoallergenic.
The pillow weighs 9 lbs. and it is sold with a 100-day satisfaction guarantee by Coop Home Goods, so you can test this one as well, and if you are not happy with the results, you can return it without any hassle and get your money back.
The manufacturer also gives a 5-year warranty for the full body pillow.
Available at a reasonable price, sold with a 100-day satisfaction guarantee, 5-year warranty, and made of safe, hypoallergenic, and adjustable filling and a removable cover, we can strongly recommend this sizeable body pillow to just about anyone.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly full body pillow to use during your pregnancy, or simply for adding that extra support and comfort you need while you are sleeping, we suggest that you buy the Utopia Bedding 20 x 54-inch pillow which is our best budget choice for 2020.
As we already mentioned, this long pillow for side sleepers and pregnant women is very reasonably priced but is nevertheless an excellent pillow which will improve your comfort and sleep.
It fits the contours of the body and is large enough to provide the necessary support even for people with larger body frames.
The filling is made of ultra-soft 2000G Ball fiber, and the cover is made of 100% breathable, soft and durable cotton.
The cover has double-stitched edges, which will keep the Utopia pillow from tearing over time.
We can recommend this affordable body pillow for those of you looking for some added hip, shoulder, abdomen, or back support. It is a great choice for those of you who prefer to sleep on your side or stomach.
Expectant moms will appreciate the added comfort and support they will get during the months when sleeping on the stomach becomes impossible, and finding a comfortable position in bed becomes a real challenge.
The pillow can safely be washed in a washing machine and tumble dried on a low setting, so you can make sure that it is nice and clean all the time without worrying about the pillow losing its fluffiness, softness, and shape.
We love how soft and well made this pillow is, as well as the fact that you can wash it and dry it as often as you want without too much hassle. The best part is that it is inexpensive, so you won’t need to spend a fortune to get that added comfort and full-body support you are craving for every time you go to bed.
Related – 12 Best Baby Monitors of 2020
Here are our other top picks for the best body pillows for 2020
This U-shaped body pillow has a unique design that follows your body shape to provide the full support you need, especially if you are expecting a baby, or if you often wake up during the night to look for a more comfortable position.
- Unique ergonomically designed U-shaped pillow made for pregnant women, but comfortable for everybody
- An extra-long middle section which provides full-back or abdomen support
- Designed by physical therapists and helps you keep your spine and hips in a neutral position
- A size of 55 x 31 inches
- The removable and machine washable cover is made of comfortable and soft 100% Jersey Knit Cotton
- The filling is made of polyester hollow fiber
- Provides perfect back, head, hip, knee, and neck support and helps relieve heartburn, sciatica, arthritis, fibromyalgia, upper body pain and pain in the lower back
- Can be used for sleeping, watching TV, nursing, and lounging and can be molded in different shapes
- Suitable for all family members
- A completely natural breathable cotton cover which you can remove and machine wash safely
- A U-shaped design which is perfect for pregnancy support, for breastfeeding as well as for relieving the pain and discomfort from conditions like gastric reflux, fibromyalgia, congestion, sciatica, carpal tunnel syndrome, and others
- Eliminates the tossing and turning and sleep interruptions
- Can provide comfy support to the back, sides, belly, head, feet, and knees
- Hypoallergenic filling and cover – suitable for those of you with allergies, eczema or asthma
- Comfy neck support for any sitting or lying position
- Helps reduce leg fatigue and soreness
- Comes with a 90-day guarantee with a refund or replacement if you are not happy with the pillow
- A design and size which adjusts to the contours and the shape of your body perfectly
- Full body length pillow – 60 inches long
- Made for pregnant ladies, but comfortable for everybody
- Provides support to the neck, belly and back simultaneously
- Will relieve you from the discomfort caused by sciatica, lower back pain, and heartburn
- Removable zippered cover which can be machine washed and tumble dried
- Saves space in the bed as it can replace the multiple pillows you use for added support to different body parts
- Will improve your sleep and eliminate discomfort and constant tossing and turning
- Sold with a 30-day money-back satisfaction guarantee
Are you sick and tired of using 3 or more pillows to support your back, knees, and neck while you are sleeping? With this body pillow from Meiz, you will free up bed space and will enjoy the best sleeping experience ever!
- Supports the back, head, belly, hips, knees, sides and feet at the same time, eliminating the need for multiple separate pillows
- A generous length of 55 inches for people of all heights and sizes
- Made for pregnant women, but it will be appreciated by anyone who needs added comfort and support
- Supports the pregnant belly, and can be used for relaxing, nursing and sleeping
- Helps relieve the pain from sciatica, leg swelling or back problems and prevents hypertension syndrome
- Suitable for people recovering from surgery or in need of more back support
- Keeps the spine and neck aligned in a neutral position
- Removable and washable hypoallergenic cotton pillow cover
- Durable and soft inner cover
- Great for side and back sleepers
- Filled with odorless 7D hollow fiber filling
- Will retain its fluffiness for a long time
- Sold with a 30-day refund satisfaction guarantee
- A soft Jersey cover which is available in pink, blue and grey colors and is removable and washable
- Comfortable mixed polyfill filling
- C-shaped full body maternity pillow
- Eliminates the need and saves the space you need for using multiple cushions for added support and increased comfort
- Supports the back, head, neck, hips, and knees all at once
- Perfect for sleeping, reading, resting, breastfeeding or working on your laptop
- Suitable for people recovering from surgery
- Helps align the spine
- Finished with a sturdy double stitch to keep the pillow from ripping even after prolonged use
- Very reasonable price
- Queen size U-shaped 66 x 33 x 8-inch body pillow will be comfortable for people of all heights
- Designed as a maternity body pillow, but can provide pain relief, support, and comfort to just about anyone
- A very soft, washable Jersey cover
- Filled with plush hollow fiber
- Provides belly support and helps improve the circulation of the blood in your body which is essential for a healthier pregnancy
- A great option for people recovering from an illness or a surgery
- Eliminates tossing and turning
- Replaces the multitude of different cushions which you use for full-body support at night
- Great for relaxing, sleeping and breastfeeding
If you want a pillow which will make you feel like you are sleeping on a cloud and yet provides all the support you need for a good night’s sleep, you should definitely get a Moonlight Slumber Comfort-U full body pillow.
- U-shaped design which is suitable for all types of sleepers – back, stomach and side
- Provides versatile support to the entire body and reduces the tossing and turning in bed
- Large size, with legs which are 64 inches long and 10.5 inches wide
- Filled with hypoallergenic, odorless and machine washable fusion fiber
- The filler allows for good air circulation for a cooler and healthier sleeping experience
- It can be used for working on your laptop and watching TV as well
- Suitable for pregnant women as well as for people with dust allergies or other dust mite sensitivities including respiratory problems and skin irritation
- Tested and approved for safe use by parents and babies
- Suitable for people who need added back, hip or neck support
- Can help soothe body aches and pain
- Made of top quality materials in the USA
Features to watch out for when buying a body pillow
Body pillows come in a very wide variety of types, shapes, and sizes. In order to pick out the best one, you may want to look into the following features:
The lengthier and larger the size, the more comfort, pain relief, and support it will provide. It is recommended that you choose one which has a length which allows you to use it for supporting the head, full-body, and down to underneath the knees. We have picked a variety of tube-shaped, U-shaped, C-shaped, and other full-body pillows for you to choose from.
The type of sleeper you are
The different designs of the body pillows are suitable for different sleeping preferences. As a whole, body pillows work best for stomach or side sleepers, but some models provide the comfort and support you need if you are a back sleeper too.
Pregnancy or other health conditions
If you are expecting a baby and you are experiencing lower back pain, swollen ankles, and feet, heartburn and discomfort due to your growing belly, a full body maternity pillow can do wonders to alleviate your discomfort and help you sleep and feel better. Our top list contains several pregnancy pillows which you can choose from.
Also, people who suffer from some painful conditions, as well as those undergoing physical therapy or recovering from surgery too can benefit largely from one of these body pillows. Read our brief reviews to find the model which is most suitable for relieving your condition.
A money-back guarantee and test period
It is no wonder that we chose the pillows with the longest test periods – the Snuggle-Pedic with a 120-day testing period, and the Coop Home Goods pillow with a 90-day guarantee. This money-back guarantees will eliminate any doubts you have and will allow you to test the body pillow for months before you decide whether or not you really like it and want to keep it.
Make sure you choose a body pillow that provides such an opportunity, especially if you have no previous experience with this type of bedding.
Filling and cover materials
Remember to pay special attention to the type of filling and the material used for the cover of your pillow, especially if you are allergic or have respiratory problems or skin issues caused by dust and dust mites. There are some excellent hypoallergenic body pillows on our list to choose from. Also, ensure that the materials used for the filling are certified and safe for you and your family members, especially if you are expecting a baby.
Washing and cleaning
Our top pick, the Snuggle-Pedic pillow as well as several other pillows from our list are machine washable. There are other models that have removable, machine washable covers as well. So, check out how easy it is to keep the pillow clean before purchasing it.
Did you find the body pillow which will become your favorite sleeping partner on our top 10 list of the best body pillows for 2020?
We have handpicked them all after thorough testing and reviewing, so you will definitely be making a good choice whichever one you decide on buying.
Take advantage of the test and money-refund opportunity which some manufacturers provide just to stay on the safe side if you are new to full-body pillows.
Good luck with your purchase, and get ready to meet your new favorite sleeping partner once you receive your new body pillow!