Pasta is one of the most beloved types of food around the world, and this is no surprise since it is so easy to make, it can be prepared with almost anything, and it is downright delicious.
I agree entirely with the Federico Fellini’s claim that “life is a combination of magic and pasta.”
There are several traditional pasta recipes everyone will try to eat and make at least once in a lifetime – Bolognese, Milanese, Carbonara and Aglio e Olio.
However, in time, you will realize that the best recipe for pasta is an inspiration that comes straight from your heart… and the things you have in your fridge.
A couple of days ago, I wanted to make the traditional Bolognese recipe, but I didn’t have all of the ingredients, and I didn’t have the time to go grocery shopping.
After a detailed search of my supplies, I found that I have everything I need: a pack of dried tagliatelle, some ground veal and pork, spices, parmesan, tomato sauce and delicious organic rocket salad (arugula).
Do you want to know how it turned out?
I’ll give you something even better, a recipe that you can make by yourself so you can taste how it turns out.
Further Reading: How Long Does Pasta Last In The Fridge?
Travel to Italy with little time and effort invested.
Proof that making of the perfect pasta starts with an idea. If you don’t believe me, try it for yourself. 🙂
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 people
- Half pack dried tagliatelle (between 10 and 15 ounces)
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 10 ounces ground veal and pork (mixed)
- A handful of arugula
- 5 tbsp parmesan
- 2 tbsp ground bell pepper
- 2 tbsp mixture of seasonings (dried garlic, basil, oregano, chili, and pepper)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Further Reading:How To Thicken Spaghetti Sauce – Barbara’s 5 Easy & Quick Ways
- Heat one spoon of olive oil in a skillet. Add the ground meat.
- Pour the seasonings, including the bell pepper and one teaspoon of salt, into the meat, and leave to cook for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- When the meat gets nice brownish color, add the tomato sauce and arugula.
- Meanwhile, pour about 4 cups of hot water into a pot, add a spoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of salt.
- When the water is near to boiling, add the dried tagliatelle and leave to cook about 7 minutes.
- Serve by putting the cooked tagliatelle on the plate first and then adding the sauce on top of them.
- To with parmesan and fresh arugula for decoration.
Cooking pasta may be easy, but it is also easy to make a mistake while doing that.
- Really, nothing tastes as disappointing as overcooked tagliatelle, so make sure you don’t leave them on the stove longer than 7 minutes.
- If you are using fresh instead of dried tagliatelle, the cooking time is even shorter, and you will need to take them off the stove after no longer than six minutes.
- As for the seasonings and the other ingredients, you can modify them to suit your taste buds the best.
For me, arugula is one of the more exciting ingredients, because it adds a bit of bitterness which goes perfectly with the soft texture of parmesan, but it is not for everyone’s taste.
More Recipes:One Pot Leftover Pasta
Pasta is love, and you should cook it with what you love.
That way you won’t make mistakes.
What do you say? Are you ready for your culinary trip to Italy?
Good luck and Buon appetito! 😉