Do you forget to drink at least 8 cups of water a day? Or you dislike drinking it because it is not cold enough, and doesn’t taste too good?
With a high-quality water cooler, you can have quick and easy access to clean, crisp cold water whenever you feel like it.
A water dispenser will also ensure that you have piping hot water to make your favorite tea, cocoa, or French press coffee, as well as an instant soup immediately, and without having to turn on the kettle, microwave or stovetop.
Plus, your refrigerator will have more space available once you take out your water jugs and bottles.
Besides, with a water cooler, you will save tons of money for buying bottled water, as well as for cooling it or heating it, because most of the top quality dispensers are energy saving.
There are even some which have their own integrated filters for filtering your tap water.
Best Water Cooler
Since there are so many water coolers and dispensers being offered on the market, we have selected the top 10 to make your choice easier.
Read on to find out more about the leading water coolers for 2021, as well as to get some tips for choosing the most suitable one for your needs.
The prime water cooler for 2021 is possibly the most versatile of all of the water coolers being offered on right now.
Not only will it ensure that you always have access to ice-cold or piping hot water, but it also has a dishwasher safe, removable pet bowl on the bottom for your beloved pets too.
Just like you and your family need to stay hydrated in order to be healthy and well, so do your furry friends.
With this water cooler dispenser, you can rest assured that your pet has access to fresh water at all times, even when you are not at home.
It is designed to dispense water for your pets only when the bowl has been correctly attached to it, so even if your four-legged companion has been naughty or has accidentally moved its water bowl, there is no danger of water spilling on your floor and possibly damaging it.
You can install the pet bowl on either side of the dispenser or the front, wherever you prefer.
Your dog or cat will enjoy drinking fresh and cool water at any time with a single press of the button.
The water cooler can chill the water and maintain its temperature at 40 degrees Fahrenheit with the help of its powerful and energy-efficient compressor.
All of the materials which come into contact with the water are BPA-free.
This dispenser does not require any expensive filter replacements and will free up a lot of valuable space from your fridge where you usually keep your water bottles or water jug.
The internal water tank is made of stainless steel, which is food safe and will prevent the development and growth of harmful bacteria.
The dispenser is very easy to maintain, by plugging in a 3 or 5-gallon bottle prefilled with purified water under the Primo Exchange System.
You can also use the Primo Refill process, which allows for refilling the water bottles with 4-stage osmosis filtered water too.
Primo sells the cooler with added coupons so you can test both of the water refill or the replacement options.
It has a special spill-proof filter that will prevent spillage even if the bottle is damaged, or not appropriately placed.
The water cooler is of premium quality and has a sleek and modern design. It is 11.8 x 11.8 x 41.1 inches in size (the pet bowl adds another 9.5 inches on the side or front), and weighs 32 lbs.
It even has a nifty night light so that you can fill your glass with water even in the middle of the night.
With this elegant and multifunctional water cooler, you will have cold or hot water whenever you feel like it, and your pet will have fresh and clean water at all times as well.
This countertop water cooler by Avalon is a perfect option for people who do not have space for a free-standing water cooler and dispenser.
It is made of high-quality materials and has a modern design. It is slim and has a very small footprint which will fit on any countertop or tabletop.
With this water cooler, you and your family can enjoy a glass of chilled water, or make yourself a cup of tea or other hot beverage without using other electrical appliances. It will chill and maintain the cold water temperature at 47 degrees and Fahrenheit, and keep the hot water piping hot at a temperature of 185 degrees Fahrenheit.
Not only will this save you time and effort, but it will save you money for the power bills as well.
The water cooler by Avalon has been Energy Star, and UL approved. It has a child safety lock on the spout for the hot water to prevent any accidents, and to keep your kids safe at all times.
At the same time, the adults will be able to pour the water of their choice easily, thanks to the easy to use press paddle spouts.
The water reservoir is made of premium grade 304 stainless steel, to prevent the growth of bacteria and to keep your water safe no matter what.
There is a removable drip tray underneath the spouts, which is easy to empty and wash.
This is a top-loading dispenser so you can always keep an eye on the water level, and replace the bottle when it reaches to minimal levels.
The size of this water cooler is 13 x 12 x 19 inches, and it weighs 30 lbs.
It is available in black or white color options.
With its child safety feature, its space-saving design and its energy-saving functionality, the Avalon Premium Top Loading dispenser is one of the finest water coolers for people with young children and those with limited space.
The top budget-friendly option
If you need a water cooler but do not want to break the bank for one, then this simple and affordable water cooling jug by Igloo could be the perfect option for you.
It costs less than $30, doesn’t use electricity, and is easy to transport and take camping with you.
Plus, you can even use it as a seat when spending time outdoors.
The jug has a 5-gallon capacity and has ultra-herm insulation which will keep the water inside cold without the need for electricity.
It can keep ice for up to 72 hours, even when the temperature outside is 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
The bottom of the jug is impact resistant, and it has two convenient reinforced handles to allow you to move it around whenever necessary.
It is perfect for camping, outdoor trips, sports events, and others.
Thanks to its specially designed pressure fit lid, no dirt, mold or other contaminants will be trapped in it. It also has a keeper cord, which keeps the top fixed to the container, and allows you to use it as a seat or table safely.
The spigot is drip-resistant and easy to use for dispensing water.
The cooler is heavy duty and is stackable for easy storage.
The size of this budget-friendly water cooler is 10.2 x 9.8 x 13.8 inches, and it weighs 5.29 lbs.
So, if you want an affordable and portable water cooler, the Igloo 5-Gallon Jug could be the perfect possible option available on the market in 2021.
The rest of the best water coolers for 2021
The Primo Bottom-loading water cooler is easy to use, has a child safety feature, and will ensure you have access to cold or piping hot water whenever you need it, without the need to resort to other electrical appliances, and without taking up your refrigerator space.
- Easy bottom loading of the water bottle
- Two temperature settings – cold and hot
- A child safety feature to protect your kids from burning themselves with the hot water
- Easy to use thanks to its push-button controls
- No plumbing or complicated installation is required
- It comes with coupons so you can check out the Premium Self-Service Drinking Water refilling option or the Purified Water with Minerals replacement option offered by Primo
- It fits a 3 or 5-gallon water bottle and is compatible with many of the water bottles by other manufacturers and brands
- The water tank is made of stainless steel to keep your water clean and safe to drink
- The dispenser has a sleek design and a small footprint
- It has useful light indicators on the front
- It has a removable drip tray
- Its dimensions are 14.2 x 12.2 x 40.9 inches, and it weighs 38 lbs.
If you want a water cooler and dispenser, but don’t want to keep spending money for buying replacement bottles of water for it, we suggest that you check out this bottle-less water cooler by Avalon.
- It has three temperature settings – crisp cold, room, and piping hot temperatures
- The cooler does not require the purchase of replacement bottles
- You can easily connect it to your sink
- The cooler has two filters integrated into it which will filter your tap water, including a carbon block filter and a sediment filter
- The filter will last for filtering up to 1,500 gallons of tap water, or for 6 months
- You will save a lot of money from having to buy replacement water bottles
- You will also be helping the environment by not buying plastic water bottles
- The cooler and dispenser has a nifty self-cleaning feature that will sanitize it and prevent the development of bacteria and germs
- There is a built-in nightlight above the spouts, so you can pour a glass of water when it is pitch dark
- There is a filter replace light indicator
- The cooler is Energy Star rated
- The two water tanks are made of premium stainless steel
- It has a child safety lock for the hot water spout to prevent accidents
- It comes with a complete installation kit, including ¼ inch tubing, a 3-way plastic ¼ inch push connect adapter, a 3/8 inch adapter with a shut-off valve for under the sink, a filter flushing adapter and detailed, illustrated instructions for installation
- Its size is 13 x 12 x 41 inches, and it weighs 44 lbs.
If you want a water cooler that doesn’t require that you lift and flip a huge water bottle upside down, this bottom loading water cooler by hOmeLabs could be one of the most suitable options for you.
- The water cooler and dispenser offers 3 water temperature choices – room, chilled (49 degrees F) and piping hot (185 degrees F)
- The control panel is intuitive and very easy to use
- Easy to reload bottom-loading design – just place the bottle inside, and insert the probe in it
- No more flipping and dripping of bulky and heavy water bottles
- It can fit 3 or 5-gallon water bottles
- Thanks to its sleek design it will fit in just about any space at home or at the office
- Its size is 14.2 x 12.2 x 40.9 inches
- It has a useful LED nightlight
- There is a refill water indicator
- It has a removable drip tray for easy emptying and washing
- There is a safety locking feature for the hot water spout to prevent children and adults from burning themselves by accident
- The cooler is sold with a 2-year warranty and a money-back guarantee
The Brio Limited Edition Top Loading countertop water cooler and dispenser is one of the most compact of all water coolers on our list. With its small size and footprint, you can place it on any surface or countertop, even if you have limited space.
- Small size of only 15.5 x 12 x 20.5 inches, and a weight of 29.1 lbs.
- A convenient countertop design for easy access and safety
- Three temperature settings for the water – cold, hot and room temperature which are always available
- There are three separate faucets which you can use simultaneously
- Easy push-button dispensing of the water
- Stainless steel water reservoirs
- Child safety lock which will prevent accidents with the hot water dispenser
- An easy to remove drip tray
- Energy Star rated and UL listed
- The top-loading feature will let you monitor the level of the water in the bottle
- An antibacterial coating on the splash plate
- Sold with a 1-year warranty
This bottom loading cooler and water dispenser by Primo has 3 temperature settings to choose from – room temperature, piping hot or ice cold. You can have access to the water you need easily with a single press of a button.
- The dispenser will pour hot, ice cold or room temperature button with a press of a button
- The hot water feature has a child-safety lock to prevent incidents
- The bottom-loading design makes the replacement of the water bottle easier than ever
- The water tanks are made of stainless steel
- The water compartment has a stainless steel door panel which adds to the sleek design and durability of the water cooler
- It is easy to install, with no plumbing required
- The cooler is Energy Star rated so your electricity bill will hardly be affected by this useful appliance
- It is sold with a 1-year limited warranty
- The size of the dispenser is 14.2 x 12.2 x 40.9 inches, and it weighs 34 lbs.
- The cooler comes with 2 free coupons so that you can try out the water exchange and water refill programs offered by Primo
The Bottom Loading Water Cooler by Primo is an elegant, easy to install and easy to use water cooler which is suitable for any kitchen, room, office or gym.
- Energy Star rated and UL listed
- The dispenser has two temperature settings for chilled and for hot water
- A push-button easy dissension system
- Child safety feature for the hot water dispenser
- The bottom-loading design eliminates the need for lifting and flipping the heavy water bottles
- No installation required
- The bottle is hidden inside the bottom compartment for a sleek and clean look
- Stainless steel water tanks
- Removable drip tray for easy emptying and washing
- It comes with 2 included coupons for the two Primo water replacement and refilling options
- Whichever option you choose you will be helping the environment because the bottles can be refilled or are reused if you decide to exchange yours
- The size of the dispenser is 45.6 x 17 x 16 inches, and it weighs 38.9 lbs.
- There is a nightlight allowing for dispensing water without turning the lights on
- Sold with a 1-year limited warranty
The Avalon A1 water cooler is yet another top-quality appliance that will allow you to enjoy an ice-cold glass of water, or make some aromatic tea or delicious cocoa whenever you feel like it, without the need of using any other kitchen appliances.
- It has separate cold (47 degrees Fahrenheit) and hot (185 degrees Fahrenheit) water dispenser spouts
- It dispenses the water via press paddles which you can use with one hand only
- The hot water spout can be locked to keep the children and clumsy adults safe from accidental burning
- The cooler is Energy Star rated and UL approved
- It has a slim design so it won’t take up a large footprint wherever you decide to place it
- The top-loading design allows for an easy view of the water bottle and the water level
- The appliance is 14.5 x 14.3 x 46.5 inches in size and weighs 37.5 lbs.
- It has stainless steel water reservoirs for the hot and the cold water
- The cooler is sold at a very reasonable price
Features to look for when shopping for a water cooler
Since a water cooler or water dispenser is something which you will hopefully be using for years and in most cases is a relatively substantial investment to make, it is essential to choose the perfect one for your needs.
Here is a brief guide with all of the features to look for when buying a water cooler, as well as the other factors to keep in mind before choosing the one for you.
The different types of water coolers
There are different types of water cooler and dispensers which you can choose from. Each one of them has its pros and cons to take into consideration.
The bottom load water cooler
If you have ever tried to lift and flip a huge and heavy water jug and place it on top of a water dispenser, you will have to agree that it is not always the easiest task to complete.
With a bottom loading water cooler, this entire process is eliminated. Instead, the loading of the water jug or bottle is easy and hassle-free. All you need to do is put it inside the compartment on the bottom of the dispenser, and connect it via the probe or another method.
This is the easiest water cooler type to load and is suitable for older people, people with mobility problems, those with weak arms and hands, and for those who simply want to avoid spillage incidents during the reloading process.
The top-load water cooler
This is the more traditional type of water coolers and dispensers and requires lifting and turning around of the water bottle. Needless to say, this requires much more effort than merely placing the bottle in the bottom of the cooler, and can also lead to spilling the water on the floor.
While these are harder to load with replacement water jugs, these water coolers are generally less expensive than the bottom loading ones and are also easy to use.
With these water coolers, the bottle is exposed and not as aesthetically pleasing as the bottom loading ones, but on the bright side, having a full view of the water bottle will allow you to keep an eye on the water level at any time.
The countertop water cooler
These are the most compact of all water coolers and can fit on your countertop, on a table or another surface easily.
The countertop units are easy to access, as you don’t need to bend over to pour water, and will also take up no floor space at all.
They may not be as elegant as some of the other freestanding coolers, but they are definitely very convenient for homes and offices.
The portable water cooler
This type is the cheapest of all. It can be used outdoors and off the grid, and requires no electricity to keep the water cool for days.
You will pay just a fraction of the price of an electric-powered water cooler if you decide to buy a portable one. Of course, it cannot keep the water ice-cold for weeks like the other water dispensers on this list and is also limited to cooling water, while the other dispensers we have picked offer hot water, and in some cases room temperature water as well.
But then, you can easily transport this type of water cooler, and when not in use, you can store it away without hassle too.
The capacity of the water cooler
Most of the water coolers on our list work with water jugs of 3 or 5 gallons. But there are smaller and larger water coolers and dispensers as well.
Plus, you can choose a bottle-less model which can be connected directly to your water line and will have a continuous water source and thus an infinite capacity.
Make sure you choose a cooler which has a capacity sufficient for the number of people who will be using it for a longer time, but not too long to let the water sit and to become stale.
The ease of use
Just with any appliance, choosing a water cooler that is easy to use is essential, especially if you are not too tech-savvy. The leading water coolers have user-friendly controls, paddles or push buttons for dispensing the water of your choice, and are also easy to maintain.
Most of the dispensers have removable drip trays, which are dishwasher safe, which also will make cleaning and keeping the machine sanitary much easier.
The hot water safety lock feature
Since nobody wants to get burned by piping hot water, choosing a water dispenser that has a lock or child safety feature preventing kids and adults alike from accidentally pouring hot water on themselves is highly recommended.
Most of the high-quality water coolers on this list have this type of safety feature.
The construction of the water dispenser
Choosing a premium quality water cooler that is made of sturdy materials and has stainless steel water tank is crucial if you want your appliance to last for longer, and if you want to avoid your water being contaminated by bacteria and other harmful microorganisms.
The overall design and build of your water cooler are not only important because of aesthetics, but they are also vital if you want to ensure that you are making the best possible long term investment when buying one for your home or office.
Why should you get a water cooler?
If you are still deliberating on whether buying a water cooler is a good idea, here are some of the advantages of having one at home or in your workspace:
The water will taste better
If you keep forgetting to drink water or simply don’t enjoy its taste or its temperature, then a water cooler or water dispenser can help you with that. You will have access to nicely chilled water whenever you feel like drinking a glass or two. Many of the coolers work with pre-filled mineral bottled water, but some have select refilling subscriptions and programs, and even have their own filters to make your tap water taste better.
It is accessible at all times
Your water cooler will be available for use 24 hours a day. Some of the appliances even have nightlights so that you can get a refreshing cup of water in the middle of the night too.
With a water cooler situated in your home or office, it is more likely that you will drink the recommended amount of water every day to stay healthy, well and fit.
It is convenient
A good quality water cooler will be energy efficient and will enable you to have access to cold, hot and in some cases room temperature water whenever you want.
You can get a cup or bowl of piping hot water to make yourself a coffee, tea, oatmeal or an instant soup without having to use a kettle or stove. Also, with a water cooler, you can free up all that space in your refrigerator, which you use to keep your bottles and jugs of water.
A water cooler is also a great way to get your children and other family members to drink more water and to stay properly hydrated.
Cleaning your water cooler or dispenser
Just like with any other appliance you use for preparing or storing your food and beverages, a water cooler will need to be kept clean and sanitary. Regular maintenance and cleaning will prevent the development and growth of harmful bacteria and other microorganisms, which can contaminate the water you drink.
Some of the products on our list have a nifty self-cleaning feature, which will give you peace of mind that the water you are drinking is germ-free and healthy.
Others that do not have an automatic cleaning feature can be cleaned easily by following the specific instructions of the manufacturer.
In case there are no instructions, one of the easiest and safest ways to clean your water cooler is to remove the empty bottle and the lid and baffle from the water tank, and then add three cups of hot water and a cup of white vinegar. You can also wipe the inside of the container with a clean cloth before and after the procedure. Then run the water and vinegar solution through the dispensers to ensure that all nooks and crannies are cleaned and disinfected.
Following the procedure, make sure you run some clean water through the dispensers several times, to remove the vinegar completely.
To keep your water cooler clean, you should do this at least once in every six months.
Vinegar is perfectly safe for human consumption, and is a natural disinfectant, so you don’t need to worry about the water you will be drinking after the cleaning is over.
In most cases, you can disassemble the taps of the dispensers and wash them manually or in a dishwasher. The same goes for the drip tray beneath them.
As you can see, purchasing a water cooler has multiple benefits, including helping you and your family or colleagues to stay properly hydrated, saving money for using various appliances to chill or to heat the water, and helping the environment.
These appliances are easy to maintain, easy to clean, and easy to use, so you and your children will have no more excuses for not drinking the recommended amount of water every day.
We hope that we have managed to help you make the right choice for the most suitable water cooler or water dispenser for your needs.
So, good like with your purchase, and enjoy your new, incredibly convenient appliance, and stay healthy by drinking clean and crisp cold water whenever you feel like it.
- Bacteriological Quality of Water Cooler Dispensers of Educational Settings in Zanjan University of Medical Sciences
- Assessment of Drinking Water Quality from Bottled Water Coolers
- Paprika Substitute: 5 Alternative Spices You Can Use In Your Recipes - July 29, 2021
- How Long Does Cooked Shrimp Last In The Fridge: Think Before You Eat! - July 28, 2021
- Want To Know Does Brown Sugar Go Bad? Here’s Your Answer! - July 28, 2021
Last update on 2021-07-29 at 14:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API