All vacuum cleaners are not created equal. While one variant may give you suction power and filtration that you gush about to your friends and family, another one may leave you picking up stray hair and pieces of junk that didn’t get picked up by the vacuum cleaner. Even within vacuum cleaners, some are more suitable for hardwood floors and tiles, while others may be more effective on other surfaces. If you are looking for a high-quality vacuum cleaner to clean tile floors, here is a compilation of some of the leading options that you can turn to right now!
Top 5 Reviews of Vacuums for Tile Floors
- Best Overall — Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away (NV803) — A well-rounded vacuum cleaner that will work well on both tiles and carpets.
- Splurge Vacuum — Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner — The go-to option for people who want the first quality at a slightly higher price tag.
- Wet/Dry Vacuum for Tile Floors — BISSELL Crosswave Pet Pro All in One Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner — A wet and dry vacuum cleaner and mop that specializes in getting your home rid of pet hair.
- Canister Vacuum for Tile Floors — Miele Pure Suction Canister Vacuum — The canister with variable speed options and versatility of use.
- Budget Option — Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hardwood Floor Bagless Cleaner — The right option for people who want to get a good quality product without burning a hole in their pocket.
The first product on this list — and our overall favorite option for tiled floors — is the Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away vacuum cleaner. The features mentioned in the next section will speak for themselves but it is the unique combination of fantastic features like the seal technology and top-notch filters, along with a relatively affordable price tag that makes this the overall winner.
- DuoClean Technology
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology
- HEPA filter
- Fingertip controls
- This is one of the most powerful vacuum cleaners and comes with a dual brush head that can take on hard floors and carpeted areas with the same vigor.
- The large canister capacity — about 0.9 gallons — makes this very convenient to use for larger spaces.
- You don’t have to worry about any dust escaping, as this vacuum cleaner comes equipped with HEPA filters and the company’s Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology.
- When you compare this model with some of the light and nifty ones, you may find its size a little unwieldy, which also makes it difficult to store.
- The price isn’t really the cheapest in this category of devices.
Best Splurge Vacuum:
The Fluffy nozzle included with Dyson’s V10 Absolute Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is all you need to have at hand if you want your tiles to be squeaky clean at all times. This is a beautifully designed vacuum cleaner that is capable of becoming a topic of discussion each time you whip it out.
- Cordless vacuum cleaner
- Powerful pulse motor
- Cyclone Technology
- HEPA filter
- 60 minutes run time
- 2 years of warranty
- This is one of the most lightweight — yet extremely effective — vacuum cleaners that you can get your hands on.
- This product is equipped with a HEPA filtration system that makes it work well for those of you who want to get rid of dust effectively.
- This is a cordless vacuum cleaner, which makes it so easy to use around the house.
- This is by far the most expensive vacuum cleaner that has made it to this list, which means it may not suit every budget.
- You will be required to charge it for at least 3.5 to 4 hours before you can use it for the first time.
Best Wet/Dry Vacuum for Tile Floors:
Cleaning tiled floors aren’t too complicated but it really helps when you have the option of mopping as well as vacuuming. With the help of the Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro Wet/Dry Vacuum Cleaner, you don’t have to bother yourself with another product. This will use the internal water tank for mopping and the inbuilt bin to capture all the dust particles that find their way around your house. While this isn’t a cheap vacuum cleaner, it does offer great value for money.
- Bagless vacuum cleaner
- Wet/Dry vacuum
- Pet Pro Brush
- The water tank of up to 28 oz
- Dirt tank capacity of up to 14.5 oz
- Smart Touch Panel
- This is a wet/dry vacuum cleaner that comes with a mop feature and a vacuum feature, which is ideal for tiled floors.
- If you have a pet at home, this is one of the most effective vacuum cleaners that you can turn to.
- It is capable of picking up dirty water as it moves across the floor so that you don’t create a mess each time.
- This vacuum cleaner may not be completely resistant to water damage on the inside.
- You may not be able to use this vacuum cleaner on carpets very effectively.
Best Canister Vacuum for Tile Floors:
Miele is a popular name in the vacuum cleaning sector and the quality of the company’s products is the main reason behind this. If you are looking for a powerful canister vacuum that will help you clean the entire house without bothering about emptying any bins and cans, the Miele Compact C1 Pure Suction Canister Vacuum needs to be on the top of your list. Equipped with a very powerful motor and different levels of suction power, this vacuum cleaner is the answer to all your tile cleaning woes.
- 1,200-watt Vortex motor
- AirClean Sealed System
- Bagged vacuum cleaner
- Nonrotating brush
- 6 stage variable speed
- While this is a corded vacuum cleaner, it comes with a decent cord range — about 5 feet — which makes it easy to leave the canister in one place and clean around.
- The motor installed in this device is very strong and you get great control over the vacuum cleaner’s functionality with the help of six different speed levels.
- This vacuum cleaner is built with high-quality materials, which makes it durable and sturdy.
- This vacuum cleaner does not come with a brush roll on the vacuum head, which may reduce its versatility.
- As is the case with canister vacuum cleaners, carrying it around as you clean can be a little tiresome.
See also: Top Vacuums for Carpeted Stairs in 2021
Best Budget Option:
Everyone may have a different budget when it comes to vacuum cleaners but a lower budget doesn’t necessarily translate into a low-quality product. If you aren’t looking to spend too much money but still want a good option for your tiled floors, the Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hardwood Floor Bagless Cleaner is definitely worth a mention. This product is uniquely designed to have a V-shaped cleaning path so that you can reach even the more complicated edges without blowing off all your savings.
- V-shaped cleaning path
- Easy-to-empty dirt cup
- No hose
- Bagless vacuum
- Foam filter insert
- This is the most affordable option on this list, which makes it ideal for people who want a decent vacuum cleaner but cannot spend too much money at the time.
- This particular vacuum cleaner is quite light and easy to assemble.
- The Bissell PowerEdge has been designed to take on tiled floors in the most effective manner.
- This product will not give you the same performance as some of the more expensive options that are mentioned on this list.
- It can make a loud sound when it is being used, which can be a little annoying.
Things to Consider before Purchasing
While all the different vacuum cleaners mentioned on the list above are game-changers in terms of quality and output, they may not work the same way for everyone. For this reason, it is important that you keep certain factors in mind before purchasing the right vacuum for your needs.
Even within tiles, there are many different types that you may have installed in your home. Depending on the composition of these tiles, they may require a different level of care. Therefore, you need to see whether the vacuum cleaner you are going to purchase will work well enough with that particular type of flooring.
Type of Vacuum Cleaners
There are many different types of vacuum cleaners that you can turn to. The most common of these — because of sheer convenience — are upright vacuum cleaners. For people who need more intense suction, a canister vacuum may be more suitable. However, that would be a little bulkier. Finally, other options like robotic vacuums must also be considered.
Once the dust is collected, it needs to be stored in some part of your vacuum cleaner till you get the time to empty it out. Ideally, a larger dustbin capacity is great because you don’t have to worry about constantly running out to empty the bag. However, this may also end up bulking the vacuum cleaner.
The vacuum cleaner’s ability to be effective on tile floors is largely dependent on two key factors — the quality of the brushes and the suction offered by the vacuum. As you don’t have to worry about higher suction damaging your tiles — as is often the case with carpets — you can choose more powerful vacuums with great ease.
If you look at most of the better vacuum cleaners available for purchase, you will notice how much emphasis the manufacturing companies lay on the filtration used. Most newer models come with HEPA-rated filters, which makes them ideal for people who are sensitive to dust. Similarly, other companies can have their own trademark filters as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a bunch of questions that may arise in your mind when you are considering different vacuum cleaners, especially for tiled floors. We have tried to answer some of them in this section so that you can make a more informed decision when the time comes.
Should I Sweep or Vacuum My Tiled Floor?
The beauty of tiled floors is that you can choose to sweep them as well as clean them with a vacuum cleaner. While sweeping may be a better option for when some junk has been piled up on the floor, it will not get rid of the fine dust particles and dirt that can accumulate on your floors.
Are Vacuums Safe to Use on Ceramic Tiles?
Yes, vacuum cleaners are safe to be used on ceramic tiles but only if the manufacturer mentions it on the product or if the vacuum is specially designed for cleaning ceramic tiles. This is an important distinction to make or you may end up messing with the ceramic tiles altogether.
Should I Go for a Robotic Vacuum Cleaner?
Whether or not you choose a robotic vacuum cleaner depends entirely on your usage of the product. However, it is important to keep in mind that robotic vacuum cleaners are usually designed to keep the floors clean — almost like maintenance — and not for thorough cleaning.
The market is flooded with vacuum cleaners at any given time but in order to choose one that meets your needs in the most effective way, you need to be able to ascertain those needs first. Keep the above-mentioned factors in mind when you are picking up your next vacuum cleaner for tiled floors and you will not be disappointed by your newest purchase. The final decision that you make should keep your budget as well as the features offered by the company in mind. It is only when you get a good balance between these two factors that a truly clean and happy home is achieved!
Last update on 2021-07-29 at 14:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API