Cat and dog parents know just how challenging it can be to get rid of all the excess pet hair from the carpets, floors, from the car, the furniture, and underneath it.
The problem with the pet hair gets especially severe during the shedding seasons when often pet lovers simply give up in the uneven battle to keep their homes clean. It is also a very serious matter for people who have pet allergies but live with pets.
With an efficient and high-quality vacuum cleaner like the top-rated Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog cleaner, your life can become easier, and your home can be cleaner, hair-free, dander free and odor-free once again.
Choosing the first-rate vacuum for pet hair is not an easy task, especially given the huge choice available on the market.
Best Vacuum for Pet Hair
We have tested and reviewed over 60 vacuum cleaners over the year and have come up with our ultimate list of the top vacuums for pet hair for 2021 for you.
We have picked these appliances based on their main features, their added extras, as well as on the reviews of pet parents and their experiences with tackling pet hair.
Read on to find out more about the best vacuum cleaners for pet hair and dander for this year, so you can find the one to suit your needs.
The best overall
The runner-up on our list is one of the outstanding versatile vacuum cleaners for pet hair for 2021. The Shark TruePet NV752 is the perfect combination of an upright vacuum cleaner, a lift-away cleaning pod with a brush roll, and a canister with a caddy.
It has a HEPA filter and an Anti-Allergen Complete Seal technology which will capture and trap all pet hair, pet dander, dust, and other allergens. This will help alleviate the symptoms of asthma and pet allergies in people suffering from these conditions and sharing the house with pets.
The Shark upright vacuum has an XL capacity so you can clean your entire home, along with all the furniture and stairs without having to empty it.
Plus, you will keep the air in your home clean from all allergens during and after the cleaning process.
It has a 6-foot long hose, so you can reach up to the ceiling and other hard-to-reach places with ease.
Thanks to the fingertip controls on this superb vacuum for pet hair, you can easily switch in between the carpet and hard floor cleaning mode as you move around the house.
It has dynamic swivel steering for easy maneuvering and is designed to clean anything from the floor to the ceiling without effort, thanks to the powered lift away mode and the above floor mode.
The TruePet vacuum by Shark comes with a Mini Motorized brush that successfully collects and extracts the pet hair, dander, and dust from upholstery, stairs, pillows, and others.
There are useful LED lights on the nozzle so you can see each strand of hair and each spec of dander even when cleaning underneath low furniture.
The vacuum has an 1150 watt motor. It is fitted with a 30-foot cord and weighs 16.7 lbs. the overall dimensions of the Shark TruePet NV752 are 13.2 x 11.9 x 45 inches.
In conclusion, we must say that this 3-in-1 vacuum for pet hair is an excellent appliance to have if you have pets and want to keep your home and furniture hair and allergen-free easily and at a reasonable price.
The Miele Complete C3 Cat and Dog canister vacuum cleaner is the absolute top choice when it comes to choosing the best vacuum for pet hair.
It is a premium quality cleaning appliance, which comes at a premium price, but with very good reason.
The powerful vacuum for pet hair is now available in a complete bundle, which will allow you to remove each and every pet hair and spec of pet dander from your floors, carpets, and furniture, and will also prevent them from becoming airborne thanks to the integrated True HEPA filter and the patented Active AirClean Sealed System construction.
This is a perfect solution for those of you who have pet allergies or asthma and pets at the same time.
The Miele Complete C3 also removes any pet odors thanks to the added charcoal filter, which absorbs the smells. So, in fact, it is also an air purifying device as well as an excellent cleaner.
This powerful canister vacuum has an amazing Vortex motor with 1200 watts of power.
The appliance is designed and made in Germany and will endure a lot of use, wear, and tear for decades. It has a sturdy and light and telescopic stainless steel wand. The power cord is 33 feet long and has a one-touch rewind function for easy packing and storage.
The vacuum has a Deluxe Comfort handle for easy pivoting and maneuvering. It has six different suction levels, which can be adjusted easily as you go via the convenient foot pedal on the body of the cleaner.
The top-quality vacuum for pets is now offered in a complete bundle, which will allow you to keep your home completely pet hair and odor-free.
The kit includes the vacuum, as well as an extra Miele HEPA Air Clean filter, 16 Miele Airclean filter bags, and 4 pre-motor filters.
The device is powerful and yet weighs 33.6 lbs. and is lightweight and very maneuverable.
It is sold with a Miele SEB 228 Powerhead, which can pick up all kinds of pet hair from carpets and helps restore crushed naps and deep clean all kinds of carpets. This Electro Brush has five different adjustable heights for cleaning all kinds of carpets and for reaching underneath all kinds of furniture.
The vacuum also has an SBB300-3 Parquet floor brush, which is suitable for removing pet hair and dander from hard floors.
Thanks to the 180 degrees twisting rotation and the low profile of the brush, you can easily reach underneath low furniture to capture and trap every single one of those hairs lying around the house. Although it cleans vigorously, this brush is amazingly gentle to the floor surfaces.
The added Mini Turbo brush is an excellent accessory for easy cleaning of stairs and upholstered furniture too.
Overall, this vacuum by Miele and this entire bundle is the finest possible cleaner for homes with pets, no matter whether you have cats or dogs, or have carpeting or hard floors or stairs. It is also a definite must-have if you have pet allergies or respiratory problems but have pets.
The Miele C3 is definitely worth the investment and will keep your home clean, and air odor-free and allergen-free at all times!
Best bang for your buck
The Shark Navigator Deluxe NV42 is the best vacuum for pet hair you can buy for the reasonable price asked for it.
This beast of a vacuum cleaner will deal with even the most serious pet hair problems.
The Shark Navigator costs a fraction of what our top picks cost, and yet it will help you clean your carpeting, hard floors, and furniture out of all pet hairs and pet dander easily and effortlessly.
The vacuum is very powerful with a wattage of 1200 watts, and yet it weighs a mere 14.8 lbs. so it is easy to maneuver, carry around and store away.
It has powerful suction and a 25-foot power cord. The large capacity dust cup is easy to empty.
The Shark Navigator has a brush roll shutoff which makes the motorized floor brush suitable for use both for deep carpet cleaning and for hard floor cleaning and polishing without scratching the surfaces.
It also comes with a motorized floor brush, a crevice tool, and a dusting brush, as well as a stretching hose, a cleaning wand, a pet hair power brush, and a 24-inch crevice tool.
The vacuum has a HEPA filter and an Anti-Allergy Seal, so it will collect and trap all pet hair, dander, dust, pollen, and other allergens and will not release them back into the air as you clean. This is great news for people with pet, dust or pollen allergies, as well as for those suffering from respiratory problems, eczema, and other conditions which can be worsened by airborne allergens and pollutants.
Overall, the Shark Navigator Deluxe NV42 is possibly the great deal you will find on the market for 2021 when it comes to the top vacuum for pet hair which will not break the bank.
The rest of the best
If you are fed up with having to stop the vacuuming in order to remove those hairs stuck on the brush roll, then you should opt for the Shark APEX AZ1002 vacuum for pet hair. It has a nifty Zero M self-cleaning function which will allow you to clean the entire house and all of the furniture from pet hair and other debris faster and more efficiently.
- A HEPA filter and an Advanced Anti-Allergen Complete Seal technology to keep the pet dander, hair, and dust out of the home and out of the air
- The DuoClean technology allows you to use the device as an upright vacuum, as well as a Powerful lift away hand vacuum with a canister for cleaning furniture, underneath furniture, stairs, and ceilings
- The DuoClean brush roll helps deep clean carpeting and can clean and polish hard floors without having to switch cleaning heads
- The Zero M technology allows the brush roll to clean itself from any hairs as you go
- The vacuum comes with a Pet Power brush, a 12-inch duster crevice tool, and an upholstery tool
- The motor is 1350 watts
- The length of the cord is 20 feet
- The size of the vacuum is 11.2 x 12.2 x 46 inches, and it weighs 17.1 lbs.
The Dyson Upright Ball Animal 2 vacuum for pet hair is one of the best cleaners for people who have both carpeted and hard floors at home. It will clean both thoroughly and safely and will transition from one to the other without the need for manual switching.
- The self-adjusting vacuum cleaner head deep cleans carpets and cleans and polishes hard floors perfectly without the need to switch among cleaning modes and brush roll heads
- It has strong and powerful suction which can deal with all kinds of pet hair even during the heavy shedding seasons, with ease thanks to its radial root cyclone technology,
- It has a tangle-free turbine tool, as well as a stair cleaning tool, and a combination tool for hard to reach places included in the package
- The waste bin can be emptied hands-free with a single press of the button
- The vacuum has HEPA filtration which will keep the pet hair, dander, dust, and pollen out of the flooring, furniture, and out of the air that you breathe
- The special Ball technology allows for easy and precise maneuvering around all kinds of furniture
- Its size is 15.3 x 13.4 x 42.1 inches, and it weighs 17.35 lbs.
The Shark Rocket DuoClean HV382 is a very lightweight and yet powerful vacuum which is an excellent solution for cleaning pet hair and dander from both carpeted and hard floors. It will never lose its powerful suction and will get every strand of hair from all corners and in all tight spaces.
- The pet hair vacuum is very light and weighs only 9.9 lbs. so you can clean your entire home with ease and without fatigue
- The Dual brush roll is suitable for deep cleaning carpets and gentle cleaning and polishing of hard floors
- The vacuum has powerful suction and doesn’t have a front wall so it can capture even the larger debris along with the small particles
- It can easily pull in high files of spilled dry pet food or other messes
- It collects the waste in a removable large-sized dust cup of 0.91 quarts
- There are LED lights on the nozzle and hand vac to spot any hidden debris
- It comes with a pet multi-tool, and under appliance wand
- You can turn it into a handheld vacuum for easy access to hard to reach areas
- Easy to access and use fingertip controls
- It is corded, and thus will never lose power
- The motor is 505 watts
- The size of the cleaner is 10.2 x 9.8 x 46.4 inches
Designed specially for cleaning pet hair, the Dyson V11 Animal vacuum is a powerful and very lightweight cordless stick vacuum that will allow you freedom of movement and uninterrupted cleaning of up to 60 minutes per charge.
- It is one of the most powerful cordless vacuums for pet hair on the market
- The High Torque cleaner head and the Auto mode allows it to adapt to different floor surfaces as you go without manual adjustments
- There is also an Eco mode and a Boost mode, which you can use to save battery power or for cleaning of very dirty surfaces
- It has a useful LED display which will inform you of the cleaning mode and provide you with maintenance alerts
- The filtration system captures all pet hair, dander, dust, pollen, and other particles as small as 0.3 microns, and prevents them from becoming airborne and triggering allergic or respiratory reactions
- The cordless device provides up to 60 minutes of powerful suction per charge
- It has 14 cyclones which will suck up all large and small particles with just one movement
- The waste bin uses a point and shoots emptying system for precise and handsfree emptying without spills
- The device comes with a drop-in docking station for easy charging and storage
- It can easily transform into a handheld vacuum
- The mini motorized tool is perfect for pet hair removal from carpeting, upholstery, stairs, and pillows
- It is 49.6 x 9.8 x 10.3 inches in size and weighs a mere 6.68 lbs.
The cordless Tineco A11 Master Stick vacuum is a dream come true for pet owners who want an easy and quick way to get rid of all hairs from the floors, furniture and dust the surfaces at home. It is one of the vacuums on our list with the most different accessories in the set.
- A cordless runtime of up to 60 minutes
- It can be used as a stick or handheld vacuum
- A 120 watt powerful motor for strong suction
- The MAX mode allows for 24 minutes of uninterrupted turbo cleaning suitable both for carpeting and for hard floors
- It comes with two full-sized brushes for different floor types
- You can use the different dusting brushes and other attachments and clean the entire home, and dust all surfaces with this vacuum
- A 50% larger dustbin
- The filtration system has 4 layers and will keep all the debris, hairs, dander, and other allergens sealed inside the vacuum
- There is a continuous power switch for easier and uninterrupted cleaning
- It comes with a dual charging system for two batteries as well as one extra battery
- There is a rinse-free pre-filter cleaning tool, a hair cleaning tool, and another pre-filter in the box
- It also has 7 nifty accessories including a wand, a full-sized LED multi-tasker power brush, a full-sized LED soft-roller power brush, a mini power brush, a crevice tool, a 2-in-1 dusting brush, a soft dusting brush, a flexible hose, a long soft crevice tool, and a multi-angle flexible tube
- The size of the vacuum is 10.4 x 11.2 x 43.7 inches, and it weighs 5.5 lbs.
The Shark Rotator NV501 has a wide cleaning path, but it is still easy to maneuver and light, which makes cleaning pet hair easier and faster.
- The upright vacuum can easily turn into a handheld vacuum with a canister when you need to clean the stairs or other high furniture
- It has a HEPA filter and a Complete Seal Anti Allergen technology which capture up to 99.97% of all debris and particles as small as 0.3 microns and keeps them trapped inside and out of the air
- The vacuum has advanced swivel steering for easy maneuverability
- The head is wide and provides a wider cleaning path than most of the other vacuums in this range
- You can control the suction depending on the type of surface you are cleaning
- It has an XL large capacity dust cup so you can clean your home and furniture from pet hairs and other debris without needing to stop to empty it
- It has LED headlights so you can spot every piece of dirt and every hair while cleaning
- It has a wattage of 1200 watts
- The cord is 25 feet long
- The dimensions of the unit are 45.7 x 12.1 x 12.2 inches, and it weighs 15.5 lbs.
The Shark Rocket TruePet Mini HV292 is one of the best handheld vacuums which will allow you to clean the pet hair out of the furniture, the stairs, and from your car seats easily. It is inexpensive but very well built to withstand years of use.
- It weighs only 3.7 lbs. and is super portable and easy to carry and use
- It comes with a True Pet motorized brush to deeply clean your furniture, car seats, and stairs from all the pet hair
- It also has a dusting brush, a 12-inch crevice tool, and a stretch hose for extended reach
- The dust cup has a large capacity and is very easy to empty – mess-free and hands-free
- The power cord is 15 feet long, and the device never loses suction or power
- The motor is 400 watts
- The filters are washable and reusable
- The size of the vacuum is 9.7 x 4.9 x 13.6 inches making it easy to carry, transport, and store away
If you love the convenience of cordless vacuums but hate to have to stop in the middle of the cleaning to recharge the batteries, you may want to opt for the Shark ION F80 stick cordless vacuum which comes with two batteries with a total runtime of up to 80 minutes.
- It is cordless and still is powerful and can clean pet hair, dander, dust, and dirt even in heavy traffic areas
- Thanks to the included 2 removable ION batteries, you will have up to 80 minutes of cleaning power per charge
- It has a nifty charging dock for the batteries
- The MultiFlex design allows for easy reach underneath low furniture, as well as for collapsing the vacuum for easy and compact storage
- The DuoClean technology features a single powerhead with two brush rolls for seamless cleaning of carpeted and hard floor surfaces
- It can be turned into a handheld vacuum with a push of a button
- Capable of sucking in the largest and the smallest debris from the floors and the furniture
- Its size is 13.4 x 10.2 x 46 inches, and it weighs 8.51 lbs.
This versatile cordless stick vacuum by Black+Decker has some handy features which every pet lover and the owner will appreciate. It also can clean all kinds of surfaces from pet hair and dander and comes with a variety of different accessories, especially designed for homes with pets.
- It can be used as a stick or a handheld vacuum with a canister
- The runtime of the vacuum is up to 06 minutes per charge
- The nifty dust compactor provides more space in the dust canister for more uninterrupted cleaning even during the shedding seasons
- It is easy to empty mess-free and hands-free
- It has multiple SmartTech features
- The Autosense feature automatically adjusts the suction of the vacuum to the floor surface type, so you can seamlessly transition between cleaning carpets and hard floors from pet hair
- The Filtersense feature will alert you when the filter needs to be cleaned
- The Battersense feature will keep you informed about the remaining battery power during the cleaning
- The brush roll has anti-tangle bristles made of rubber which will lift up hair stuck in the carpet or upholstery
- It comes with a 3-in-1 accessory tool, including a 6-inch nozzle, an upholstery brush, a crevice tool, there is also an extension wand and four-foot hose, as well as a special 9-inch pet crevice tool, and a 5-inch pet brush
- It has a washable filter kit and is sold with a scented tablet for freshening the air
- The vacuum also comes with a battery jack plug charger
- The device has swivel steering for easy maneuvering
- The size of the vacuum is 8.9 x 11.8 x 33.7 inches, and it weighs 8 lbs.
The Shark Rocket ZS351 is yet another superb vacuum for pet hair by Shark, which has made it on our list this year. It is light, easy to maneuver, and features ingenious self-cleaning technology which will remove any wrapped hair from the brush roll automatically as you clean.
- Not only will this vacuum deep clean your home from all the pet hairs, and dirt, but it will clean itself as you go
- The Zero-M technology cleans the brush from any hairs continuously, so you don’t need to stop to cut them off manually
- The self-cleaning system works for all types of pet and human hair
- The suction of the vacuum will adjust automatically when you move from a hard floor to a carpeted area and vice versa
- The vacuum turns from an upright to a handheld vacuum with a touch of a single button
- It has a large dust cup which will allow you to get all those hairs and debris off of the floors and furniture at once, without having to stop to empty it
- The vacuum has an advanced swivel steering system for easy maneuvering
- It is made of sturdy ABS and PP plastic with metal and rubber elements
- The vacuum has bright headlights so you can spot any dirt or hair anywhere
- The cord is 30 feet long
- It is 13.4 x 10.2 x 47.2 inches in size and weighs 13.95 lbs.
The iRobot Roomba i7+ is the hight-rated and smartest robotized vacuum for pet hair for 2021. It is also the best vacuum cleaner for pet owners who want to live in a hair-free and clean environment with minimal effort. Not only will it clean your home, but it will empty itself when it is full – safely and mess-free!
- It comes with a Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal system which allows for the vacuum to empty itself into a special AllergenLock bag which can fit 60 days of pet hair, dust, and dirt
- The robotized vacuum has 10x improved powerlifting suction
- It has a 3-stage cleaning system to remove all of the pet hair, dander, and dirt which you cannot even see
- The device can learn and map your rooms and floor plans, so you can send it to clean a particular room whenever you want to
- Thanks to the new iAdapt 3.0 technology, the Roomba will map out each detail in each room precisely for complete cleaning coverage every time
- You can set up Keep Out Zones where the Roomba will not enter and clean
- You can set a cleaning schedule and control which rooms are cleaned when via the mobile app
- The vacuum can be controlled via a mobile app or an Alexa device via voice commands
- It is a perfect robotized vacuum cleaner for homes where there are pets or people with allergies
- The vacuum has a HEPA filter and empties the dirt in AllergenLock bags so it will remove and trap up to 99.97% of all allergens including pet dander, pollen, dust, and mold spores
- The vacuum has Dual Multi-Surface brushes made of rubber which do not get pet hair tangled in them
- The auto-adjust cleaning head and the brushes on the bottom of the unit adjust to all floor types – with or without carpeting so they are always in close contact with them for better cleaning
- The Dirt Detect feature allows the device to find and clean any debris
- The rechargeable battery has a runtime of up to 75 minutes
- It has a recharge and resumes function so you don’t have to worry about recharging your robotized vacuum cleaner
- The Roomba i7+ can be paired with a Braava jet m6 robot so that the former vacuums and the latter mops right after it via the innovative Imprint Link Technology
- The size of the Roomba i7+ is 13.3 x 13.3 x 3.6 inches, and it weighs 7.45 lbs.
If the Roomba i7+ is a tad too expensive for you, then we recommend the iRobot Roomba 980 which is another superb option for homes where there are pets.
- It features the Premium 3-stage cleaning system feature which will clean all allergens, dust, and debris which you probably can’t even see
- It is Wi-Fi connected and has a Smart Navigation function to find its way around your home, and clean whole floors, around the furniture, and even underneath it
- Thanks to the patented Dirt Detect Technology, you will never see another speck of pet dander or strand of hair on the floor again
- It has an Edge Sweeping Brush as well as an Auto-Adjust Cleaning Head, so it will clean even the tightest corners, alongside furniture, as well carpeted and hard floors
- The vacuum has a 10x Power Lifting Suction
- The Powerboost increases the suction when carpeting is detected for deep carpet cleaning
- The brushes on the bottom are made of rubber and have Dual Multi-Surface allowing them to flex and adjust to being in constant contact with the floor – no matter what type it is
- It is fitted with a high-efficiency filter that traps 99% of the pet hair, dander, dust, dust mites, pollen, and mold spores inside rather than releasing them back into the air
- The Wi-Fi-enabled robotized vacuum for pets is compatible with both iOS and Android devices
- You can use voice-activated control via Google Assistant or Alexa for the Roomba 980
- You can schedule the cleaning of different rooms at different times from your mobile phone
- The unit runs for 120 minutes per charge and then returns to its charging base to recharge, after which it continues its scheduled cleaning jobs
- Its size is 13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6 inches, and it weighs 8.7 lbs.
With the Bissell Cleanview Upright Pet bagless vacuum cleaner, you will not only be making sure that your home is pet hair and dander free, but you will also be helping the rescue pets at the Bissell Pet Foundation. The company donates up to 10 dollars for every pet purchase to the charity and cause.
- This is a reasonably priced and well-built vacuum for pet hairs
- The multi-cyclonic suction system provides continuous suction
- It has a swivel steering design so you can easily maneuver around the rooms and the furniture
- The upright vacuum cleaner has a Triple action brush roll, paired with a scatter free technology to make the cleaning of pet hair, pet dander, and spilled dry pet food easier and faster
- It can lift up and pick up pet hair even if it has been deeply embedded in the carpet or upholstery
- It is suitable both for carpeted and for hard floors
- Its cleaning path is 13.5 inches, so you will clean a larger area with fewer movements
- It is perfect for cleaning all kinds of carpets, upholstery, pet beds, stairs, and others
- The surface height settings are 5 inches
- It comes with a long and flexible 8-foot hose for extended reach
- The vacuum has a 28 feet long cord which has an automatic rewind function
- It provides edge to edge cleaning and can clean the pet hairs from all corners and alongside all pieces of furniture
- The special pet tools are designed to clean up hair from corners, stairs, crevices, and upholstery, and there is a pet turbo eraser tool for complete cleaning
- The vacuum cleaner is 13 x 14 x 46 inches and weighs 19.75 lbs.
- $10 of every purchased pet product goes to the Bissell pet charity
This cordless stick vacuum for pet hair by Tineco is quiet, efficient, and has multiple smart features and accessories, which will make cleaning a truly enjoyable experience. Plus, it has the longest run-time per charge among any other cordless vacuum cleaner we have tested or reviewed.
- The Smart Noise Optimization feature controls the noise level of the appliance to lower than 71 dB which is a sound tolerable for pets, babies, and people who are sensitive to noise
- It has Smart Suction which uses an iLoop sensor to detect hidden dust, hairs, and debris, and adjusts the suction level accordingly to ensure a deeper and more efficient cleaning
- The Smart Battery management feature helps ensure a runtime of the two 2,500mAh Li-ion batteries to up to 100 minutes
- The quiet and yet powerful vacuum has 150 watts of maximum suction power
- The vacuum has a Smart Rinse-free cleaning tool ensuring consistent suction and prolonging the life of the filter
- The touch screen controls are on the handle of the device so you can adjust the suction and other settings manually if you prefer not to use the Auto mode
- The appliance has a nifty all-in-one LED display which shows information about the mode and working status in real-time
- Both of the main power brushes (for carpets and hard floors have bright LED lights)
- The smart vacuum for pet hair comes with a very wide variety of accessories, including a tube, a direct-drive multi-tasker power brush with LED lights, a LED soft-roller power brush for hard floors, a long and flexible crevice tool, a flexible hose, a crevice tool, a 2-in-1 dusting brush, a soft dusting brush, a multi-angle folding tube, an auto pre-filter cleaning tool, two pre-filters, two batteries, a dual charging wall-mounted docking station and a hair cleaning tool
- The device is easy to store and charge on the wall-mounted dual charging dock
- It can be paired to the Tineco app, so you can monitor the vacuum’s performance, receive technical support and log your cleaning reports via your mobile phone
- The vacuum is sold with a 2-year warranty
- The dimensions of this vacuum cleaner are 10 x 6 x 47 inches, and it weighs only 6.6 lbs.
The EyeVac Pet stationary vacuum is an excellent solution for any household with pets and is suitable for spots in the house that usually require the most sweeping and cleaning of a pet’s hair. It is also a great solution for people with mobility concerns.
- The ingenious touchless vacuum automatically sucks in all of the pet hair, dust, and debris within the range of its infrared sensors
- You can just sweep the hairs towards the unit and it will vacuum them away
- The waste canister has a large capacity of 6.5 quarts and is easy to empty and clean
- The stationary vacuum has a cyclonic and powerful suction and also has an air filtration system, so it doubles as a floor and an air-cleaning device
- The vacuum stays on at all times and is activated when the sensors detect any debris
- There is also a manual switch you can turn on if you prefer
- The power of this device is 1,400 watts
- There is an indicator light which will let you know when it is time to empty the canister
- It is compact and sleek and can be placed anywhere – it is 9 x 13.5 x 12 inches, and weighs 14 lbs.
This Automatic X5 upright vacuum for pet hair is a premium cleaning device. It is capable of removing even the deeply embedded and entangled in the carpet, as well as cleaning and polishing the hard floors easily, and with minimal effort and movements. The high-end vacuum for pet hair is amazingly durable and efficient and is an excellent long-term investment to make.
- Considered the most technologically advanced vacuum cleaner in the world, this appliance self-adjusts its brush height according to the floor surface type and will provide you with timely alerts about clogs, worn brushes, full bags, and others
- It is an upright vacuum with 3 on-board tools for versatile cleaning needs
- The height of the vacuum is adjusted automatically
- The vacuum has a 14 1/2 inch wide cleaning path with edge cleaning on both sides, so you will never miss a strand of hair or speck of dust again
- It is excellent for pet hair and dirt removal from all floor types and surfaces
- It has a low profile of 5 ½ inches and can reach under most furniture for thorough cleaning of all pet hair, dust, and debris
- It is fitted with a huge 1.4-gallon bag with a filter that fills up slowly and keeps all dirt, hairs, and allergens safely packed inside
- The S-class pre-motor filter captures particles which are as small as 0.3 microns and also helps prolong the life of the motor
- The vacuum has an instant-use wand as well as a flexible suction hose for edges, corners, crevices, furniture, and hard to reach areas
- The vacuum shuts off automatically when the bag is full or when there is an obstruction to the brush which could endanger the motor or belts
- The wheels are rubber coated and allow for easy maneuvering on all surfaces
- The power cord is 40 feet long
- The belt comes with a lifetime warranty, and there is a 5-year warranty for the parts and the motor as well as for labor changes
- This is one of the most durable vacuum cleaners and will withstand years and decades of use unlike cheaper and disposable ones
Tips for choosing the best vacuum for pet hair
If you have one or more furry friends at home, you know how challenging it can be to clean the pet hair and dander from your floors, furniture, clothes, and just about anything at home.
A good quality vacuum for pet hair can make life much easier for you and will allow you to enjoy living in a cleaner and allergen-free home along with your beloved pets.
In fact, an appropriate vacuum cleaner for pet hair and dander paired with a good quality air purifier can ensure that you live happily under the same roof with your pet, even if you suffer from pet allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems which are often triggered by pet dander and dust.
But how to pick the best vacuum for pet hair for your specific needs?
Here are some basic tips to follow, and the features to look for when buying a vacuum for pets.
Choose the right type of vacuum for your needs
As you can see from our list, the vacuums for pets vary in types, sizes, and functionalities. There are stick vacuums, upright vacuums, canister vacuums, handheld vacuums, as well as robots, and even static vacuums for pets. Many of the vacuums from our list combine several types of vacuum cleaners in one.
Canister vacuums are usually more maneuverable and flexible, as they usually have long hoses allowing you to get to all the hard-to-reach areas. The major problem with these vacuums is that they can be cumbersome and difficult to move around especially if you have stairs.
Upright vacuums are more mobile, easier to carry around and store, and some of them are even cordless which gives you freedom of movement.
Handheld vacuums are suitable for cleaning car seats, stairs, upholstered furniture, and others. They are not convenient for cleaning the pet hair from the floors of the entire house.
Robot vacuums will help save you the time and effort of manually cleaning the hairs of your pets, but they can clean the floors only and not the furniture.
The overall performance and the performance with cleaning pet hair
When choosing the best vacuum cleaner always keep in mind its overall performance, its suction power, and its ability to clean debris, including embedded pet hair from different surfaces – carpets, hard floors, upholstery or others, depending on the type of surfaces and the flooring you have at home.
The vacuum cleaners we have picked for you are all excellent options for cleaning pet hair, and they perform well on all kinds of surfaces.
Of course, some of them are more powerful than others, and some models have some nice additional features and accessories which can help clean out the embedded hairs, lift them up, as well as ensure that the hairs don’t get wrapped around the cleaning brushes.
The proper tools
The wide variety of vacuum cleaners that we have picked for you have different tools, accessories, and features, some of which are extra helpful when it comes to dealing with pet hair.
Many of the models we have picked for you have been designed specifically for animals and for pet hair and dander, so it makes sense to invest in one of those which comes with special specific tools for handling and removing pet hair, dander, and other debris.
Some have LED lights so you can see all the dirt and hairs, and others come with sensors which will adjust the suction according to the dirt detected.
Some vacuums have self-cleaning brush rolls, to keep them from getting entangled with pet hair, and others have special wands and crevice tools to get the hair out of hard-to-reach places.
There are vacuum cleaners which can easily be transformed into handheld ones, which are suitable for cleaning stairs, cars, and furniture.
Some transition automatically from cleaning carpets to cleaning hard floors, and others come with other nifty smart or automated features which can make life easier for you.
Always keep in mind the type of surfaces and areas you will have to clean when you are picking the best vacuum cleaner for your needs. Do you have more carpets or more hard floors? Do you have stairs or low furniture?
Choose a vacuum cleaner that will allow you to reach just about anywhere to remove all of the pet hairs and dander from your home.
HEPA filters and other filters
Buying a vacuum cleaner for pet hair with a HEPA or other hypoallergenic sealing or filtering system is a must if there are people with asthma, pet allergies or respiratory problems in your home. These filters and systems will ensure that the allergens are trapped inside the vacuum, rather than let out in the air during the cleaning.
The bagged vacuums which have well-sealed and filtered bags are also excellent for people with pet allergies.
There are even some vacuums like our top pick which have an additional charcoal filter, which will also help absorb the pet odors and freshen the air as you clean as well.
Other essential features
Some of the other features to look for when choosing the most appropriate vacuum cleaner for pet hair removal include:
- The size and weight of the appliance – this is important for its ease of use and its storage
- The sound levels – this is a feature to be careful about if your pets, baby, or you are susceptible to loud noises
- The power level – the more powerful the vacuum, the more suction and stubborn pet hair it will collect. If you have a lot of carpeted floors and upholstery, you will need a more powerful vacuum cleaner than if you have all hard floors at home
- The canister or bag volume and type – the larger the volume of the dust cup or canister or bag, the less often you will need to empty or replace it. Also, most of the good quality vacuums for pets on our list are designed with easy to empty dust cups and canisters
- The price of the vacuum, and the price of any replacement filters, bags, and others – this, of course, depends on your budget, but think about the longer-term return on investment you will receive when choosing the best vacuum for pet hair
- 5 Tips for Cleaning Up Pet Hair | HowStuffWorks
- How To Remove Pet Hair From Furniture, Floors & More
- Tips for Vacuuming Pet Hair – PetMD
Last update on 2021-06-13 at 18:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API