There is no doubt that hardwood floors look great. But even though it may seem that they are easier to clean, they do require regular and gentle cleaning with a good quality vacuum for hardwood and for smooth surfaces.
With a premium-quality vacuum for hardwood like the top-rated Miele Complete C3 Marin, you can rest assured that your delicate hard floors will be perfectly clean and that the air you breathe will be free of allergens, microbes and other harmful pollutants.
We have picked the best hardwood vacuums for 2020 which will not scratch or otherwise damage your floors, and which will help you clean them better, faster and easier than ever, even around the edges and legs of your furniture, or underneath it.
Our top picks include some of the best, most versatile and smartest vacuum cleaners for 2020 in all price ranges.
Read on to find out more about these excellent vacuum cleaners for hard floors so you can choose the one which will be the most suitable for your specific needs.
The German-made Miele Complete C3 Marin canister vacuum is the overall best vacuum for hardwood for 2020.
It is a premium quality cleaning appliance that is made to last and will clean your hardwood floors gently, completely and easily.
The canister vacuum has a special Parquet Twister which rotates at 180 degrees, so you can clean each and every speck of dust, pet hair, dander, and other debris from your smooth hard floors effortlessly, and without missing a single spot.
The vacuum has an Electro Comfort brush which has a floating head paired with a swivel neck, which can deep clean any rugs and carpeting you have in the house as well.
The Powerbrush has a wide 13 3/8 inch cleaning path and is best suited for cleaning plush or medium to high pile carpeting. It has five height adjustments, so you can clean just about any texture. It also has bright LED headlights, so you can spot and capture any piece of dirt no matter how dark it is.
Thanks to its useful Auto mode, you can clean both your beautiful hardwood floor and all throw rugs and carpeting you have at home safely and efficiently without having to switch brush rolls or without needing to manually adjust the settings and height of the cleaning head.
As you move around, this smart vacuum will automatically adjust the suction when you transition from smooth to carpeted surfaces. This means you will be done with the vacuuming with much fewer movements and effort.
The unit comes with a sturdy stainless steel telescopic wand which can reach under any piece of furniture, and will get to all those hard to reach corners which always seem to retain the dust and dirt.
The vacuum has three other integrated onboard accessories, which you can easily access and use as you are cleaning your home. These include an upholstery tool, a dusting brush, and a crevice nozzle.
It has a long 36-foot power cord, so you won’t need to stop to change power outlets as often as you would with other vacuum cleaners.
The Complete C3 Marin has a quiet but powerful Vortex motor and six suction speed settings which you can set by pushing on the convenient footswitch on the canister if you don’t want to use the Auto mode.
The high-end vacuum for hardwood is fitted with a HEPA Air Clean filter, and a special AirClean sealed system, so all of the allergens like dust, pollen, pet hair, dander and mold spores you collect will remain trapped inside the device instead of getting released back in the air. In fact, the filter has been tested to be able to trap up to 99.97% of all allergens and particles as small as 0.3 microns.
The bagged vacuum will ensure that the allergens remain inside the dust bag at all times, so the particles will not be spilled or become airborne when you dispose of them, unlike with many of the bagless models.
This is great news for people with allergies, and those who suffer from respiratory issues like asthma, COPD and others.
The size of this top quality vacuum for hardwood and all other surfaces is 19.5 x 11.2 x 8.9 inches, and it weighs 19.4 lbs.
It is more expensive than most of the other vacuum cleaners on the market, but the Miele C3 Marin is definitely a worthwhile investment if you want perfectly clean and polished hardwood floors and other surfaces, and also if you want to make sure that all of the allergens and harmful particles are trapped inside the sealed bag rather than released in the air which you and your family breathes.
If the Classic Miele 3 Marin is too expensive for you, you can opt for the Miele Complete C2 instead. It is sold for less than half the price of the higher-end model but is still a superb vacuum for hardwood and all other smooth surfaces.
In fact, the Complete C2 has been especially designed for gentle and efficient cleaning of hardwood floors.
The canister vacuum cleaner by Miele has a powerful 1200 watt Vortex motor and has a 6-speed setting which is easily adjusted via the rotary dial on the body of the unit.
The vacuum is sold with Miele’s special soft parquet brush – the Pure Suction Parquet Twister XL Floorhead, which will capture all of the dirt, dust, hairs, and debris, and keep the beautiful floor safe from scratching.
The brush has an adjustable working height and is attached to a telescopic, stainless steel tube. The metal glide sole of the parquet brush is designed to be gentle on even the most delicate hardwood and other smooth flooring.
It also has a wider head and provides 180-degree twisting, so you will be able to clean the floor much faster than with a regular hard floor brush.
You will also receive a useful Pure Suction Combination Floorhead for cleaning other surfaces as well.
The vacuum cleaner also comes with an integrated brush, a crevice tool, and a dusting brush, so you can clean your whole home, and not only the floors at one go.
The Miele Complete C2 has a 33-foot long power cord which will give you sufficient freedom of movement as you are cleaning. It has a nifty park system, so you can leave it standing safely when you decide to take a break during the cleaning.
It also has a comfortable carry handle and castor wheels which will not scuff or scratch the floors and will allow you to pull it and move it around with ease.
The power brush has a low profile which will allow you to clean the floors underneath beds and other low furniture.
This is a bagged canister vacuum fitted with a GN AirClean Filter Bag which has a capacity of 4.76 quarts and will trap all of the allergens and harmful pollutants, and prevent them from being released back in the home or the air, during the cleaning, or when you are replacing the bag.
Just like the C3 Marin, the C2 will not only clean your floors and furniture perfectly, but it will also clean the air in your home. This will help prevent allergic reactions and respiratory or skin problems which often occur due to airborne pollutants and allergens.
The unit is 24 x 18 x 16.5 inches in size and weighs 19.25 lbs.
Overall, the Miele C2 is a superb canister bagged vacuum for hardwood and other delicate smooth surfaces, which has the power, ergonomics, and the design needed to make the process of vacuuming much easier, faster and more efficient than with an average vacuum cleaner.
Best budget-friendly option
Because we know that not everybody is prepared to spend hundreds and even thousands of dollars for a good quality vacuum for hardwood floors, we have chosen the Dirt Devil SD20505 for the best budget-friendly option on the list.
This lightweight vacuum cleaner weighs less than 7 lbs. and costs less than $100.
It is very easy to maneuver, carry and store.
Thanks to its cyclonic filtration, the Dirt Devil SD20505 will clean up your hard floors completely and easily with continuous powerful suction.
This vacuum cleaner has been designed especially for cleaning hard floors and surfaces gently, safely and efficiently.
The inexpensive vacuum for hardwood has a 10 Amp motor. It also has a 20-foot long power cord, so you can clean any room without having to stop and switch outlets.
The vacuum has an easy to empty dirt cup. All you need to do is take it out, press a button and the waste will be dumped from the bottom.
The size of this affordable vacuum for hardwood is 8.7 x 8 x 17.5 inches, and its weight is 6.67 inches.
It is sold with a 2-year warranty.
Given the price of this Dirt Devil vacuum, it is one of the best deals you can find in 2020 if you are looking for a powerful, light and affordable vacuum for hardwood and other hard floors.
The rest of the best
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E is among the best vacuums for homes with hardwood floors, as well as those with mixed flooring and some rugs and carpets, or stairs. It is a 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner that can be used upright or as a handheld vacuum.
- A versatile cleaning appliance which can be used upright, or can easily be transformed into a handheld vacuum for cleaning furniture, stairs, and other hard to reach areas
- It comes with the specialized Hard Floor Hero attachment
- The vacuum transforms from one form to another with a simple press of a button
- It has a HEPA filter and a Complete Seal technology to trap all allergens and pollutants and prevent them from becoming airborne and triggering allergies and respiratory problems
- It is great for homes with pets, and for people with allergies or asthma
- The easy to empty canister has a capacity of 2.2 quarts
- The washable pre-motor filter helps protect the motor as well as prolong the HEPA filter life
- The special Brush roll has a Shutoff feature allowing for gently cleaning hardwood and other delicate surfaces, as well as deep cleaning rugs, carpets, and upholstery or drapery
- The vacuum weighs 13.7 lbs. and is easy to maneuver and carry
- The unit is powered by a 1200 watt motor for continuous suction
- It has a 30-foot power cord
- Its size is 15 x 11.4 x 45.5 inches
The Rocket DeluxePro upright vacuum by Shark is another reasonably priced option if you want a versatile, light and easy to use vacuum cleaner for hardwood or other hard floor surfaces. It is especially useful if you have pets that shed a lot.
- It is a 2-in-1 vacuum which can be used upright or as a handheld cleaner for floor-to-ceiling cleaning
- It has an adjustable brush roller control to safely clean hardwood floors and deep clean carpets
- Perfect for hard floors, carpets, stairs, upholstery and car seat cleaning
- The Motorized Floor Nozzle has a wide cleaning path and is easy and safe to use on all surfaces
- It is sold with an additional Duster crevice tool and a Pet Multi-Tool
- The vacuum has bright LED headlights to see every single speck of dust or strand of hair
- The dust cup is 0.69 quarts and is twice the size of that of the original Rocket vacuums, which means more cleaning without the need of emptying it
- The swivel steering of the unit allows for easy and effortless maneuvering
- It can remove embedded pet hairs and stuck-on debris from furniture or floors
- It has washable and reusable filters
- The weight of the appliance is 8.6 lbs.
- It is powered by a 500-watt motor
- The length of the cord is 25 feet
- The dimensions of the vacuum are 13 x 10.2 x 47.5 inches
If you have problems cleaning all of those corners around the furniture of your home, and you want an affordable vacuum for hardwood and other hard floors that can help, then the Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hardwood vacuum is a superb option.
- It has a special V-shaped cleaning head with a width of 11.35 inches which can clean everything around the corners and legs of your furniture
- The bottom of the cleaning foot has rubber squeegees which help capture all dirt, hair, and debris from all kinds of hard floors
- The soft rubber wheels are gentle even on the most delicate wood floors
- There are no brushes to worry about cleaning or scratching your floors
- It has swivel steering for easy maneuvering around furniture
- With a weight of just 7.5 lbs. this vacuum cleaner is easy to carry and store
- This is an excellent upright vacuum for homes with hard floors and pets
- It is specially designed for hard floors and will work properly only on smooth surfaces
- The power cord is 20 feet long
- The vacuum cleaner is sold at a very affordable price
- $10 of each purchase will be donated to the Bissell Pet Foundation charity
- The vacuum is bagless and its dust canister is very easy to empty and wash
- The filters are washable and reusable too
- The size of the vacuum is 10.6 x 11.3 x 43.3 inches
if you want your beautiful hard floors to always be in a pristine condition but with minimal effort on your side, then the smart iRobot Roomba i7+ could be the perfect solution for you. This is the smartest and most efficient robotized vacuum for hardwood for 2020.
- The vacuum will not only clean your hardwood and other hard or carpeted floors while you are doing something else, but it will empty its bin when it is full and will recharge its battery when it runs out of power
- This smart robotized vacuum is sold with a Clean Base Automatic Dirt system fitted with AllergenLock bags where it will connect and unload all collected dirt automatically and without spillage or allergens being released
- The Roomba 7+ has a powerful 10x suction and will lift off all dust, hairs, and debris from your floors
- It is a smart device which will “learn” and map your floor plans, as well as which room is which and where the furniture is
- You can use a mobile app or voice commands to send it to clean the room or floor of your choice
- The robot maps the details of each room, and known where to clean, where to go under the furniture, and where is a Keep Out Zone (set by you)
- You can keep the Roomba vac out of places where you don’t want it pushing or cleaning certain objects
- The cleaning schedule can be set via the nifty mobile app
- The Roomba i7+ is fitted with a HEPA filter and empties itself in allergy-safe bags, so it is an excellent vacuum to own if you have allergies or respiratory diseases
- It can collect and trap up to 99.9% of all dust, pet hair, dander, pollen, and mold spores and keep them out of the air you breathe and live in
- It has Dual Multi-Surface brushes and automatically adjusts to the different floor types so it has maximum contact on both hard floors and on carpeted floors
- The bottom of the vacuum has rubber Multi-Surface brushes which will not get hair wrapped and tangled in them
- It has a Dirt Detect feature which will sense where there is dirt, and clean it
- The battery can power the vacuum for up to 75 minutes, and the device will return to its charging dock when it is time to recharge it
- The vacuum can be paired with the iRobot Braava Jet via the Imprint Link technology, so the vacuum will clean your hard floors, and the Braava Jet will automatically mob them after that too
- The device has built-in Wi-Fi and can work with both iOS and Android phones, as well as with Alexa and Google Assistant compatible devices
- The Roomba i7+ is 13.3 inches in diameter and has a height of 3.6 inches. it weighs 7.45 lbs.
If the Roomba i7+ is too pricy for you, but you still want a robot vacuum for hardwood to keep your home clean, then you may want to opt for the much less expensive iRobot Roomba 675 robot.
- It is sold at a very affordable price
- It features an Auto-adjust cleaning head which automatically will adapt the height of the brushes and rolls to maintain close contact to the floor depending on its type – hard or carpeted
- It can be voice-controlled when paired with an Alexa or Google Assistant compatible device
- The robot vacuum uses a 3-stage cleaning system which first loosens the debris, then lifts them, and then finally sucks them in
- It works perfectly on hard floors as well as on carpeted floors
- It has Dirt Detect sensors and heads directly towards any dirt or other debris to clean it in a timely manner
- It will also work more intensively in dirtier areas in the house
- The vacuum will safely navigate around or underneath the furniture for thorough cleaning of your hardwood or other floors
- It has an edge sweeping brush which will remove and clean the dirt, dust, and hairs from the edges and around the legs of the furniture too
- It has a long-running time of up to 90 minutes per charge
- The robot vacuum will return to its charging dock automatically when it is time to recharge
- You can schedule, monitor and control the cleaning via a mobile app or with voice commands
- It has a 13.4-inch diameter and is 3.5 inches high, and weighs 6.77 lbs.
For those of you who prefer to clean your hard floors with a light, maneuverable and cordless vacuum cleaner, we strongly recommend the Dyson V11 Torque Drive. It is powerful, has a long runtime, adjusts to every floor type automatically, and is fitted with an excellent filtration system.
- The cordless vacuum has a runtime of up to 60 minutes per charge for uninterrupted cleaning of the entire home
- It can easily be transformed into a handheld vacuum for cleaning furniture, cars, and stairs
- It has a Dyson Digital Motor and 14 cyclone system which provide nearly twice as much suction than the average cordless vacuums on the market, and the older Dyson cordless vacuums
- It has an Eco mode, an Auto mode, and a Boost mode
- The High Torque cleaning head will adapt to every floor type automatically for safe and efficient hard floor cleaning and for deep cleaning of carpeted floors and areas
- The hardwood cleaner head has antistatic, soft carbon filaments for capturing all the dust and dirt gently without damaging the surface
- The carpet cleaning brush has sturdy nylon bristles which will extract all embedded dust and dirt from carpets
- It also comes with a mini motorized tool, a crevice tool, a soft dusting brush, a stubborn dirt brush, a wand storage clip, and a combination tool
- The vacuum has been designed to emit minimal noise when in use
- The device has a useful LCD display on top of its handle which will keep you informed of the performance, mode and the battery time remaining in real-time
- The display will also provide you with instant maintenance alerts such as blockages, filter cleaning, and tips on how to resolve these issues
- It features a whole-machine filtration system which will successfully capture and trap up to 99.97% of the allergens and dust particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Charging the unit takes 4.5 hours, and it is done via the nifty docking station which also holds the added accessories
- It is sold with a 2-year warranty
- The dimensions of the cordless vacuum for hardwood floors are 50.6 x 9.8 x 10.3 inches, and it weighs 6.68 lbs.
The SEBO 9687AM Airbelt K3 vacuum cleaner is a premium quality bagged canister cleaner that will clean your gorgeous hardwood floors, and the rest of your home quietly and very efficiently. This top-grade vacuum cleaner will also prevent any of the collected allergens and debris to re-enter your home during or after the cleaning.
- A very durable appliance, engineered and made in Germany
- It comes with a universal ET-1 Powerhead and Parquet Brush for both carpet and for hard floor cleaning and polishing
- The Powerhead has a 12-inch wide cleaning path and has 4 height adjustment levels for the brushes, you can also switch off the brush roller when cleaning delicate surfaces or rugs
- The head has 180-degree steering so you can clean along all edges and corners effortlessly
- The Powerhead has a clog-removal door, and also a light indicator for clogs. It will stop the brushes automatically in case of obstructions
- The vacuum has four suction levels which can easily be adjusted via the slider switch on the handle
- The vacuum also has three other accessories which are stored on-board, including a dusting brush, a crevice tool, and an upholstery nozzle
- The tube is telescopic, and the hose is long and flexible for floor-to-ceiling cleaning and easy reach anywhere
- The powerhead has a low 3.25 inch profile, which means you can clean the floor under the lowest beds and other furniture
- The unit comes with a 20-foot cord and a 32-foot operating range
- It is a bagged vacuum with a special SEBO filtration system and 3-4 layered bags which safely keep all dirt and allergens sealed in
- The air released from the exhaust during the cleaning is perfectly filtered and fresh
- The special S-class pre-motor filters attract the dust particles before the air is directed towards cooling the motor which helps prolong the life of the motor too
- The filtering system of SEBO captures more than 99.9% of all pollutants and particles with diameters as small as 0.3 microns
- The SEBO filters are approved by and recommended by the British Allergy Foundation
- The vacuum is sold with a 5-year warranty but is built to last several decades
- It is 23.2 x 15.8 x 12.2 inches in size and weighs 13 lbs.
If you want a vacuum cleaner that will clean both your hard floors and your throw rugs, carpets and upholstery properly and with minimal effort from your side, then you should check out the Dyson Ball Multi Floor Origin vacuum cleaner.
- The cleaning head of this versatile vacuum self-adjusts automatically according to the type of floor or other any surface you are cleaning
- It switches into a high reach vacuum via the instant release wand
- The Ball design makes the upright vacuum very easy to maneuver and use
- The vacuum comes with various accessories including a Combination Tool, and a Stair Tool, and attachments for cleaning all floor types, for delicate surfaces, for pet hair and dander and for hard to reach surfaces
- The vacuum cleaner has a washable and reusable HEPA filter which will clean the home and air out of allergens and microbes, and will not cost you a fortune to replace
- The dust bin is easy and mess-free to empty without having to handle the dirt with your hands
- The unit is ETL listed
- It is sold with a 5-year warranty
- The size of the upright vacuum is 15.4 x 13.4 x 42.4 inches, and it weighs 25.1 lbs.
If you are not a real fan of vacuuming, one of the best vacuums which will make you change your mind is this smart vacuum cleaner by Tineco.
This lightweight and cordless vacuum for hardwood and carpeted floors has an astonishing runtime, functions ultra-quietly, and sports multiple smart features which will turn the chore of vacuuming into pure fun.
- It can be used as a stick vacuum, as well as a handheld one, so you can clean just about any surface in your home, car or anything else
- The vacuum has a suction power of 150 watts
- It is sold with a very wide range of accessories – much more than most other vacuum cleaners on the list
- It comes with two main cleaning power brushes with LED lights
- The Direct Drive multitasker brush is for carpets, upholstery and other surfaces
- The soft roller brush is for cleaning and polishing hardwood and other hard floors
- The other accessories in the package include a flexible and long crevice tool, a normal crevice tool, a flexible hose, a tube, a multi-angle folding tube, a soft dusting brush, a dusting brush, a pre-filter cleaning tool, and a brush hair cleaning tool
- The vacuum also comes with two pre-filters, as well as two batteries and a dual charging docking station which can be wall-mounted
- Thanks to its Smart Battery management and the two included Li-Ion batteries, the Tineco One S12 Plus can clean without losing suction power for up to 100 minutes
- The Smart Suction function utilizes a special sensor which detects dust and dirt and adjusts the suction level in accordance with the type of surface and the amount of dirt and dust there is to clean
- The Smart cleaning tool is rinse-free and ensures a longer life of the filters as well as helps promote consistent suction, and it eliminates the need to take out the filter to wash and dry it
- It also has a Smart Noise optimization function which helps keep the noise level of the vacuum in a tolerable level, which makes the appliance suitable for homes where there are fearful pets, babies, or people who are sensitive to loud sounds and noise
- The vacuum has touch control on the handle for easy and quick access to the settings
- It can be paired with and controlled via the Tineco mobile app on a smartphone or other smart device
- The size of this smart vacuum for hardwood and other floors is 10 x 6 x 47 inches, and it weighs 6.6 lbs.
The Miele Classic C1 Limited Edition vacuum cleaner is one of the best bangs for your buck for 2020. It has all the amazing features of the premium range Miele vacuums but costs fractions of what they cost.
This bagged canister vacuum is an excellent option for cleaning hardwood floors and other delicate surfaces, but it can actually handle cleaning most surfaces pretty well too.
- It is sold with a Rug and floor combination floor brush, as well as a Hard floor brush
- The combination floor head has a footswitch you can use to transition from cleaning hard floors to cleaning low pile carpets and rugs
- It has a metal sole plate allowing it to glide easily on all surfaces, as well as rubber wheels to protect the carpeting and flooring
- The special Pure Suction parquet floor head glides on the floor and has soft bristles which are safe for the delicate hardwood floors, it also has a wide inlet for sucking up more dust and dirt
- It is powered by a 1200 watt variable speed Miele Vortex motor
- The suction power can be adjusted to one of the six available settings easily via the rotary dial which is located on the body of the vacuum cleaner
- The vacuum has an electro brush for efficient deep cleaning too
- The unit features the Miele AirClean system which includes a motor protection filter, an AirClean exhaust filter and a genuine Miele dustbag which all help contain the allergens, microbes and other harmful pollutants and keep them out of your home and the air you breathe
- The appliance also has the nifty Miele VarioClip which can be used to clip the other three included accessories to the hose of the vacuum
- The additional included accessories are: a crevice tool, a dusting brush, and an upholstery tool
- The unit is made in Germany
- The size of the vacuum cleaner is 18.2 x 8.7 x 11 inches, and it weighs 16.1 lbs.
The Hoover ONEPWR is not only a brilliant vacuum for hard floors, but it is also a mop for any of your sealed hard floors as well. This cordless appliance will save you loads of time and effort for vacuuming and mopping separately.
- Designed and made by Hoover for one-step vacuuming and mopping
- It is suitable for any sealed hard floors including hardwood, laminate, vinyl, tile, and others
- It can also be used to refresh area rugs, or for tackling pet messes, such as spilled food or pet urine
- It is battery powered, and thus you will not be stopped by a power cord as you go around and clean your home
- The battery has a runtime of up to 25 minutes per charge
- The unit is fitted with a soft microfiber brush roll which is gentle on the delicate floors, and yet is able to scrub off and remove any debris which is stuck on them
- The cleaning head has nozzles and will trigger the spraying of cleaning solution as you are cleaning up
- During the mopping, the vacuum will also pick up both the dry and wet debris and messes, allowing for much faster cleaning and drying than the traditional mopping and vacuuming
- The device is sold with a ONEPWR 4.0Ah battery, a battery charger, and a multi-purpose brush roll, a measuring cup, a storage tray, and an 8-oz cleaning solution
- The vacuum comes with a convenient storage tray where it can be left to be rinsed in clean water, without having to handle the mess with your hands
- The cleanup of the brush roll and nozzle can be done easily and without any tools required
- The dimensions of the cleaning device are 29 x 12.5 x 11.2 inches, and it weighs 17.15 lbs.
The Shark APEX Duo Clean is another fantastic universal vacuum for hardwood floors and for carpets and rugs. It will switch from cleaning the different surfaces automatically and will deep clean carpets, and clean and polish hard floors. It is suitable for homes with pets as well as homes where there are people suffering from allergies.
- The upright vacuum can be turned into a handheld lift-away vac with a simple press of the button, which allows for extending your reach to hard to reach surfaces
- The DualClean brush roll will clean any embedded dirt in carpets, and then gently clean and polish all types of hard floors
- The vacuum features the Zero-M anti-hair wrap self-cleaning technology, which means that you will never need to tackle any wrapped hair on the brush rolls, as the vacuum will remove it itself
- The vacuum also comes with a 12-inch crevice tool, a Pet Multi-Tool and a Deep Cleaning Motorized Pet Tool
- It has a HEPA filter and an Advanced Anti-Allergen Complete Seal technology to collect all allergens like dust, pollen, pet dander and hair, mold spores and others, and to prevent them from getting released back into your home or into the air inside
- The appliance has bright LED headlights on the nozzle as well as on the handle, so you can see each speck of dust or any hair easily
- It has a 1350 watt motor
- The cord length is 30 feet
- The size of the vacuum is 11.2 x 12.2 x 46 inches, and it weighs 17.1 lbs.
The Miele Blizzard CX1 Pure Suction is one of the best vacuum cleaners to own if you have hard floors, some area rugs, and many pieces of furniture which you need to maneuver around or clean under.
- This is a German engineered and made high-quality canister vacuum with an expected lifespan of 20 years and more
- The appliance is an excellent option for bare hard floors, as well as area rugs, draperies, and others
- The vacuum has a special metal glide bottom sole making it safe for all floor surfaces
- You will receive a Rug and floor tool, as well as a Parquet twister tool, a crevice tool, an upholstery tool and a dusting brush with this unit – they can be conveniently be stored on-board the vacuum for easy access and storage
- The Miele Parquet Floor Brush is designed to gently and safely clean and polish even the most delicate hard floor surfaces, and also has a low profile which allows it to fit under low furniture, as well as a 90-degree twisting movement which will make cleaning the dust and debris around furniture legs and edges a breeze
- You can choose between a deep and gentle cleaning of any draperies or area rugs
- The vacuum has a crush-proof flexible hose allowing for easy reach to anywhere
- It has a sturdy, telescopic stainless steel wand for top-to-bottom cleaning
- It comes with a washable, reusable Lifetime HEPA filter which traps up to 99.9% of all microscopic and small allergens and keeps them away from the air that you breathe
- The powerful motor has four-speed options which you can toggle via the convenient footswitch on the canister
- It comes with a long power cord providing you with a 33-foot cleaning radius
- The vacuum is bagless, so you won’t need to buy replacement bags or filters for it
This light, maneuverable and cordless stick vacuum for hardwood and for carpeted floors by Hoover is offered at a very reasonable price and will make your weekly cleaning regimen much easier and hassle-free.
- The vacuum weighs only 7.3 lbs. so you can easily move it around and carry it from one floor or place to another
- It offers Multi-floor cleaning and transitions easily from gently cleaning hard floors to deep cleaning carpets and rugs
- It uses a Windtunnel technology which helps lift up and suction even the deeply embedded dirt and debris
- The vacuum is designed to be able to lay flat down on the floor so you can clean under your beds, and other furniture effortlessly
- It is powered by the cordless and fade-free LINX Li-Ion battery system which makes it an excellent go-to cleaning device for everyday messes, no matter where they are without any cumbersome or restraining cords
- It has a battery gauge which will inform you when it is time to recharge the battery
- The controls are located on the handle for easy adjustment as you clean
- The canister is easy to clean out without spills or without touching the dirt
- It has a washable and reusable filter
- It is sold at a very affordable price
- The size of the vacuum is 9 x 11 x 43.5 inches, and it weighs 7.3 lbs.
Why do you need a vacuum which is specifically suited for hardwood?
It is essential to understand that vacuum cleaners or at least their attachments and cleaning heads are very different when it comes to cleaning hardwood or other smooth hard floor surfaces, and for deep cleaning debris and dirt embedded in high pile carpets and rugs.
While you will definitely need a powerful brush roller or beater bar for deep cleaning your carpeting, the vacuum for hard floors may lack a brush roller whatsoever, and have a gentler microfiber or other soft rolls instead.
This is important for the ability of the vacuum to get the hard floor cleaned and polished, without leaving behind dust and debris, and without damaging or scratching the delicate floor surface.
Also, the vacuum will need much more suction power for getting all of the dirt out of the carpets than it needs to clean a smooth and solid hard floor.
Our list contains some hardwood vacuums which are specifically tailored for cleaning hard floor only, but many of our choices are more universal, and can either automatically switch in between cleaning hard and carpeted surfaces, or can be adjusted manually to clean both successfully and safely.
Plus, many of our top choices have adjustable suction – manual or automatic, so you can clean the hard floors with less suction, while putting in more suction when cleaning carpets and upholstery, if needed.
Choosing a powerful vacuum cleaner which has a complex but non-adjustable brush roll and beater bar can actually damage your delicate hardwood flooring, and may not be able to clean it at all, and rather spread around the dirt or debris.
Another feature which many of the good quality hardwood vacuums have is easy gliding and maneuverability especially around edges, legs, corners and underneath furniture too. And the majority of these appliances come with attachments and features allowing for easier access of hard to reach places too.
Many of the hard floor vacuums have dedicated soft rollers and microfiber pads which will not only be gentle on the hardwood and other delicate smooth floors but will also polish and buff them as you clean.
The main features to look for when shopping for the best hardwood vacuum cleaner
Here are some of the features which you should keep in mind when you are choosing the best hardwood vacuum for your needs:
- The type of vacuum – canister, upright, stick, handheld, robot or other – all different types have their pros and cons
- Weight and mobility– obviously this is a matter of personal preference, but the more mobile and easy to carry and move, the easier the task of cleaning will be for you, as long as the vacuum has enough power and suction to do the job
- Versatility – can you use the vacuum to clean other things apart from the hard floors, such as stairs, rugs, upholstery, draperies, car seats and others?
- Storage – how easy will it be to store your vacuum when it is not in use?
- Maintenance of the vacuum cleaner – does the vacuum have an easy to empty canister or a replaceable bag? Does it have washable and reusable filters, or will you need to purchase them periodically? Is it easy to clean any wrapped hair from the cleaning head, and how easy is the maintenance of the vacuum? These are just some of the questions you need to ask yourself before investing in a new vacuum for hardwood floors
- The Power source – is the vacuum corded or cordless? If it is corded, is the power cord long enough to allow you to clean your home easily, and does it rewind back into the unit after you are done? If the unit is cordless – is it powerful enough to clean your entire home, and how long is the battery runtime?
- The accessories – some vacuums come with a wide array of useful accessories, while others do not, so think about how you are going to be using your vacuum cleaner before purchasing one
- Additional extras – as you can see from our list, most of the vacuum cleaners have some bonus features which can make cleaning easier and more efficient. Some have LED headlights, others have foot pedal switches or controls on the handles, some have automatic floor surface detection, and even sensors for dirt and debris, to mention a few of the additional features you may want to look for
- The filters – check out the filtering of your future vacuum to make sure it will satisfy your needs. Many of our top picks have HEPA filters and other anti-allergic systems that help remove the allergens from the house and from the air completely. These act as air purifiers as well as cleaning devices, so it could be a good idea to invest in one of them, especially if you have people with allergies, asthma, respiratory problems or weekend immune systems at home
- The price – as you can notice, there are some high-end vacuums which though are built to last much longer than the cheaper ones, so think about whether you want to replace your vacuum every few years, or you want to invest in one with a longer life?
We hope that we have helped you find the best hardwood and hard floor vacuum for your needs, so thank you for reading, and good luck with your purchase!
- How to Clean and Maintain Your Hardwood Floor
- How to Clean Wood Floors – The Right Way | This Old House
- How to Clean Hardwood Flooring | 2020’s What To & NOT To Do
- 10 Benefits of Solid Hardwood Flooring :: Build.com
- 6 Pros and Cons of Hardwood Flooring – The Spruce
Last update on 2020-08-13 at 23:43 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API