Getting a treadmill will save you the money and time for having to go to the gym. It will also keep you safe from bad weather and careless drivers when running outdoors.
But buying a good quality treadmill could be quite a costly investment to make.
The good news is, there are some superb treadmills like the Horizon Fitness T202 that have all the features you need for a good home workout, and at the same time, cost less than $1,000.
We have selected the best treadmills you can buy for under $1,000 for 2020, so read on to find the one which is most suitable for your needs.
The Horizon Fitness T202 is the middle model in a series of three treadmills offered by the company. It costs less than $1,000 and is possibly the best deal you can find when it comes to a combination of features and price.
Thanks to its extended deck of 20 x 60 inches, you can use this piece of equipment for walking as well as for running. You don’t have to worry about having to fit into a tight space and limit your pace so that you will be getting a complete workout but in the comfort of your home.
The deck offers 3-zone variable response cushioning that will not only provide you with comfort during your runs or walks but will also keep you safe from injury or medical problems due to impact-related loading and shock.
The T202 is powered by a quiet and durable 2.75 CHP motor and a top speed of 12 mph. Its drive system is designed to reset and recalibrate itself with every step, to provide you with the perfect rhythm you need for a good workout.
Thanks to this feature, you won’t feel a lag or surge in the middle of your walk or run and will be able to maintain your own comfortable pace safely and easily.
The track can be inclined up to 12% at increments of just 0.5%, so you can adjust it to fit your needs and meet your exercise goals.
The treadmill has a dual grip heart rate monitor, which will help you stay within your target heart zone for better results.
The controls for setting the speed and the incline are located on the handlebars and can be reset and adjusted with a single touch of a button and a quick and easy rotating dial.
It has 12 pre-set programs, which include time, calorie, distance goals, as well as interval, manual and weight loss workouts you can choose from. You can also use the Advanced Goal Center for charting out your monthly goals and plan out your long term goals.
The T202 treadmill has Bluetooth connectivity and can be paired with your preferred device for some entertainment during your exercise sessions. You can listen to an audiobook, a podcast or your favorite playlist via the integrated surround system speakers.
You can also watch your favorite show or anything else on your iPad or tablet by placing it on the special device holder at the front of the unit. The treadmill even has a quick charging USB port to keep your phone, tablet, or another device properly charged and working while you are working out.
The unit also can be paired with a useful app that will keep track of your exercise regimen and will help you analyze and improve your performance.
There is a cooling fan on the front of the treadmill that will provide you with a refreshing breeze as you work out.
The unit weighs 172 lbs. and has a weight carrying capacity of up to 325 lbs.
It is portable for easier portability and storage.
The treadmill is sold with a 1 or an extended 2-year warranty, and the motor and frame have a lifetime warranty.
This treadmill is the most affordable one offered by 3G Cardio, but still has all of the features needed for a good quality piece of equipment for home fitness.
The Lite Runner as its name suggests, is pretty lightweight and compact enough to pass through a doorway. It is foldable and can easily be stored upright behind a door or in a closet.
It has a small footprint of just 30 x 67 inches when it is unfolded and is 32 (L) x 29 ¾ (W) x 62 ½ (H) when it is folded.
Its deck is only 18 x 51 inches, which means that it may be a little restrictive for some runners, but overall, it is an excellent workout tool, especially given its price and high quality.
One of its most significant advantages is the electronically controlled deck incline. You can easily adjust the incline from 0% to 15% with the touch buttons on the front console.
The other big benefit of this treadmill is that it features the 3G Cardio patented Ortho Flex Shock suspension system which provides sufficient cushioning and shock absorption to protect the feet and legs from the impact from walking, jogging or running.
It has a maximum speed of 12 mph, and along with the relatively small workout space, this treadmill is better suited for walkers rather than for runners.
The treadmill has a weight capacity of up to 150 lbs.
The 2.5 HP belt motor speed can be set to 2, 4, 6, and 8 mph with the pre-set one-touch buttons.
The 3G Cardio Lite Runner has 10 pre-set programs that eliminate the guesswork when you are choosing the type of workout you want. If you prefer, there is an option for manual setting as well.
You can also monitor your heart rate via the sensors on the grips.
You can buy this superb compact but powerful treadmill for just under $1,000, but it comes with a 3-year warranty on all parts and a lifetime guarantee for the motor, so it is a pretty good investment.
Best budget-friendly option
The best budget-friendly option costs less than $250.
Not only will this workout machine save you a lot of money, but it will also save you a lot of space.
It is only 47.25 x 23.58 x 9.45 inches when folded, and weighs a mere 57.3 lbs. so it can be stored under the bed or in another tight space when not in use. It has transportation wheels for even easier portability and maneuvering.
Its unfolded dimensions are 49.21 x 23.58 x 42.13 inches, which makes it suitable for small rooms, dorms, offices, and other limited spaces.
But even though it has a tiny footprint and an overall small size, this inexpensive treadmill has a pretty large running belt area of 41 x 14 inches, and it has a weight capacity of up to 220 lbs.
The deck is made of anti-static and anti-slip material to keep you safe while walking, jogging, or running.
The machine is built with a sturdy steel frame for added durability.
The console on the front has a large LCD where you can monitor your progress in distance, times, calories burned, and heart rate. The controls are located on the handrail for easy access during use.
The affordable treadmill has 12 per-set workout programs.
The 1.5 HP motor is quiet and has an auto-stop safety feature via a safety clip to prevent accidents. The speed can be adjusted from 0.5 to 6 mph.
Overall, this is an excellent option for people who do not have enough space for a bulky treadmill, as well as for those looking for the best deal on the market.
The rest of the best treadmills under $1,000
If you are looking for a treadmill under $1,000, but with all the bells and whistles of the higher-end ones, then you may want to check out this superb treadmill by Sunny Health and Fitness.
- Powered by a 2.5 HP motor
- The speed can be adjusted from 0.6 to 8 mph
- A shock-absorbing walking and running deck
- The running deck is 49 x 17.75 inches
- It can be folded flat and locked in place and has a slim profile and transportation wheels for easy storage in tight spaces and portability
- The size of the machine when folded and locked is only 64 x 30.5 x 4.5 inches
- When unfolded it is 59 x 30.5 x 40 inches
- It weighs 95 lbs.
- Made of sturdy steel
- A display on the front showing your distance, speed, time and calories burned simultaneously
- A built-in pedometer to count your steps
- It has integrated speakers so you can listen to your favorite tunes or an audiobook while working out
- There is a tablet holder where you can safely mount your device
- Maximum weight capacity of 220 lbs.
- It comes with a 6-month warranty for the parts, and 5 years for the frame
This is another treadmill that costs less than $250 but has all the features you will need for an efficient workout.
- 5 HP quiet and smooth motor
- A speed range of 0.5 to 7.5 mph
- 12 pre-set workout programs for low and high-intensity cardio sessions
- The deck is non-slip and shock absorbent
- Unfolded dimensions of 55 x 23.5 x 43 inches
- Folded size is 29.5 x 23.5 x 49 inches
- The weight is 64 lbs.
- The running deck size is 15.7 x 43.3 inches
- Weight capacity of up to 240 lbs.
- A multifunctional display for monitoring your progress, speed, time, distance and calories
- Hand pulse sensor, and easy one-touch control buttons
- Integrated speakers and a USB port to listen to music while working out
- A safety emergency auto stop and safety clip
- Easy and quick assembly
- A cost of less than $250
This is a surprisingly inexpensive treadmill by NordicTrack, which has many of the features of the much more expensive models by the famous treadmill maker.
- 6 CHP self-cooling motor with a maximum speed of 10 mph
- Adjustable inclination of up to 10%
- A large 20 x 55 inch tread belt
- The size of the treadmill is 73.5 (L) x 36 (W) x 54 (H) inches
- Weight capacity of up to 300 lbs.
- 20 pre-set workout programs
- Easy adjustment of the incline and speed with one-touch buttons
- Flex Select adjustable cushioning system with shock absorbers for easy set up of the type surface you need
- Cardiogrip heart rate sensors on both handles
- EasyLift foldable space-saving design
- Easy to view 5-inch backlit LED display for tracking and monitoring your workout statistics
- It can connect to the iFitCoach personal fitness program
- The console integrates with Google Maps to mimic real life-like running and walking experiences
- An integrated sound system compatible with mp3 players and iPods
- Multiple options by NordiTrack’s smart iFit subscription
- You get a 30 day trial for iFit when you purchase this treadmill
- Bluetooth connectivity
- A tablet holder and 2 cup or bottle holders
- 1-year warranty on the parts, 25 years for the motor and a lifetime guarantee for the frame
If you want a smart treadmill for less than $1,000, then the Ancheer Folding Treadmill could be one of the best options for you.
- Bluetooth connectivity and a free FitShow app for more exciting and efficient workouts
- The workout belt area is 47 x 17 inches
- An automatic incline of 0%-15%
- Easy access buttons for the incline and speed settings on the handlebars
- Multilayered cushioned and shock-absorbent belt
- A speed range of 0.5 to 9 mph
- A large LCD display and a heart rate monitor
- A quiet 3.25 HP drive motor, so you don’t disturb your neighbors
- Auto shut off for safety
- 12 pre-set workout programs
- A soft drop hydraulic system so the machine does not damage your floors
- A folded size of 35 x 27.6 x 54.7 inches
- Unfolded dimensions are 60.4 x 27.6 x 48.8 inches
- It weighs 102 lbs.
- Weight bearing capacity of up to 300 lbs.
- Easy to fold up and move, with transportation wheels
The NordicTrack 6.5Si is a higher-end model from the T-series and comes with all the bells and whistles, including a 1-year subscription for iFit. Still, it fits in the price range of up to $1,000.
- Affordable but with high-end features
- A large 10 inch HD touchscreen for easy setting and navigation
- 6 CHP motor reaches a speed of 0.5 up to 10 mph
- The strong running belt has a workout area of 55 x 20 inches
- You can adjust the incline from 0% to 10%
- 20 pre-set workout programs
- Collapsible design and EasyLift assist, for easy storage and portability
- Adjustable cushioning level via the nifty FlexSelect cushioning technology
- 1-year free access to the iFit coach program providing personal workouts, tracking, running with Google maps, and multiple other features
- EKG grip pulse heart rate sensors
- It has built-in speakers
- Weight capacity of up to 300 lbs.
- A lifetime guarantee on the frame, and a 1-year warranty on the parts
If you would like to use your treadmill for both running as well for standing desk exercising, then this affordable and versatile treadmill by Rhythm Fun is an excellent option for you.
- It can be used with the handrail up or folded which makes it suitable for regular workouts, as well as for walking while working or watching TV
- The running belt is 50 x 18 inches
- The speed with handrail down is up to 3.7 mph, and when it is up it is up to 7.5 mph
- A display for monitoring your time, speed, calorie burn, and distance
- Its dimensions are 61 x 30 x 8 inches when folded, and 61 x 30 x 43 when unfolded
- When folded, the treadmill is only 8 inches thick for easy storage under the bed or elsewhere
- A 2 HP DC motor
- A 7 layered cushioned running and walking belt
- Weight capacity of up to 220 lbs.
- Provides shock absorbance and quiet operation
- Integrated Bluetooth speakers
- It can be paired with a smartphone or tablet and controlled via the dedicated app
- It has wheels for easier portability
- Sold with a 10-year warranty for the frame, 2-year warranty for the motor, and 1-year for all other parts
Last update on 2020-04-09 at 13:55 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API