When you are traveling, carrying a good toiletry set is of the utmost importance. But the most important component of this toiletry set is the travel toothbrush. Just because you are traveling, whether for work or pleasure, does not mean your oral hygiene needs to be neglected. You will still wake up every morning and brush your teeth — the rules do not change simply because you are out of town. You can, however, carry something that is easier to travel with.
Best Travel Toothbrush
A light, compact and low-maintenance toothbrush is great for taking with you on your travels. Something you can slip into your bag and not think about until the next morning or at night before retiring would be ideal. The following are some of the good travel toothbrushes that you can consider for your trips. The products that have been mentioned are a mix of manual and electric toothbrushes. There is also a buying guide provided after the product reviews have been elaborated upon. Let’s begin with a glance at the products.
Best Folding Toothbrush for Travel
The Ortho Travel Folding Toothbrush offers a pack of six such brushes that make it extremely convenient for travel. The toothbrushes can be fit very easily into any bag and are convenient for carrying on trips, short or long. It has a unique shape and design, which allows the bristles to be protected when not in use. When the brush is being used, the cap turns into a handle for an easy grip. This is an economical and smart toothbrush to carry when you are traveling. The following are some of the features the travel folding brush has to offer:
- The toothbrush has a plastic cap that can be transformed into a handle when it is being used.
- The bristles have a unique V-shape, which can navigate around brackets, braces, and wires with ease.
- The colors of all six toothbrushes may vary.
- The travel toothbrush also has a patented antibacterial element that maintains the hygiene of the bristles even when the brush has not had the chance to dry.
- This brush is ideal for someone who has braces or is wearing any orthodontic appliances.
- Often when you are traveling, the bristles of a brush do not get the chance to dry fully. The antibacterial features of the brush ensure hygiene is maintained.
- It has a unique design that allows it to go around braces and wires.
- The brush hardly occupies any space in one’s travel bag.
- The bristles are a bit too soft for those who do not have braces.
- The folding joint of the toothbrush is not very durable and may break under pressure.
Best Electric Travel Toothbrush
The White Travel Electric Toothbrush is one of the most convenient tools you can carry on a holiday or a work trip for your oral hygiene. The electric toothbrush offers a powerful clean and can remove plaque and stains more effectively than a manual toothbrush can. It also has two modes that it can be operated on — clean and sensitive. The toothbrush is battery-operated and can last up to 30 days without a recharge. The following are some of the features the electric toothbrush has to offer:
- The electric toothbrush performs 18,000 brush strokes per minute.
- It has two optional modes it operates in — clean and sensitive — for different conditions.
- The design is waterproof.
- The bristles and brush head are FDA Dupont Engineered.
- The brush is battery operated and runs on a AAA battery. It can run for 30 days without an adapter or USB cable.
- This brush provides a very powerful clean, thanks to the 18000 brush strokes it offers per minute.
- The brush is waterproof and has a streamlined, portable design that allows you to carry it around without any malfunctions.
- The brush can last you for 30 whole days without requiring a recharge.
- The two optional modes allow you to choose whether you want a sensitive brush or a deep clean.
- The battery needs to be purchased separately, so the brush is not ready for use out of the box.
- The bristles are too soft, some customers reported.
Best Electric Travel Toothbrush and Kit
While the previous product mentioned is an electric travel toothbrush, the Aquasonic Black Series toothbrush is an entire travel kit. It has eight Dupont brush heads and also comes along with a travel case. This is a 40,000 VMP smart toothbrush that can provide you with a powerful and deep clean. The eight different brush heads are also useful for a variety of different things, depending on your needs. This travel kit is perfect for a long trip. After all, you never know what dental emergency you can prevent by taking good care of your oral hygiene. The following are some of the features the travel toothbrush kit has to offer:
- The toothbrush has a motor that produces 40,000 vibrations per minute.
- There are eight DuPont brush heads and a travel case that comes along with the kit.
- The brush has four modes of operation and ultra-fast wireless charging.
- The brush comes with a smart vibrating notification timer.
- It can last for four weeks on a full charge.
- The powerful 40,000 VPM motor allows the brush to remove more plaque than traditional toothbrushes.
- Each brush head can last for four months, which means eight brush heads in all will last you for 2.5 years.
- The travel case is made with BPA Free plastic and has space for two brush heads to go at once.
- Four distinct brushing modes ensure that the brush takes care of all your oral hygiene needs.
- The brush can be a bit rough, and the massage feature has been known to cut the gums at times.
- The vibration can be quite loud and disturbing to the ear.
Best Eco-Friendly Travel Toothbrush
The tour travel soft toothbrushes from Radius are great eco-friendly buys. The pack contains three toothbrushes, each in assorted colors. It has a clean, foldable design that allows you to save space when you are traveling. The cap unfolds and becomes the handle for easy grip. The handle is reusable, and the heads are replaceable, making it quite a sustainable and eco-conscious purchase. The following are some of the features the toothbrush has to offer:
- The pack contains three travel toothbrushes with soft heads in assorted colors.
- The handle is reusable, and the heads are replaceable (available online in SuperSoft, Soft, and Medium).
- The handle has zero petroleum and is made from wood-based plastic.
- The bristles are 100% vegetable-based.
- The brush is free of all BPA, Phthalates, Lead, and Latex.
- The neck is very slim and allows the brush to clean even hard-to-reach areas.
- The mechanism of using the brush is quite simple — just unfold and brush!
- The handle is made from wood-based bioplastic and is reusable.
- The handle does not hold the brush too tightly, so it can be a tad wobbly while brushing.
- The bristles may be too soft for some.
Best Disposable Travel Toothbrush
The Colgate Max Fresh Wisp Disposable Mini Toothbrush is a very convenient addition to your travel case. You can brush your teeth at any time, anywhere, without the need for water or even any paste. The toothbrushes are pre-pasted and do not require any rinsing either. It is a great set to keep at the office or in your traveling bag at all times. The flavor is great and will leave you feeling fresh at all times, even when you were not prepared to spend the night away from home. The following are some of the features the product has to offer:
- This is a four-pack set of 24 pre-pasted mini toothbrushes that are meant for single use.
- The brush does not require any rinsing and whitens teeth by removing stains on the enamel.
- The paste is sugar-free and gluten-free.
- It comes in a peppermint flavor.
- The brush features a soft pick at the bottom, which is great for cleaning hard-to-reach areas.
- The brush can be used at any time and any place, even without paste or water.
- The soft pick at the bottom gives you a complete and thorough clean.
- There are four toothbrushes in the pack that can tide you over an overnight stay.
- The paste is sugar-free, gluten-free, and has a great peppermint flavor.
- This is only a single-use toothbrush.
- The brush is too small to establish a steady grip.
Things to Consider Before Buying
When it comes to buying a travel toothbrush, there are a few things you may want to consider. You do not want to invest in a product that is meant to make your life easier, only to realize it doesn’t even work. The following are some of the factors that you may want to consider before buying a travel toothbrush:
If a toothbrush comes with a travel case, that makes your life a lot easier. You do not need to worry about finding a bag if the brush just comes with a travel case. Even if the brush does not have a complete travel case, if the design allows for it to be protected (for example, a foldable cap/handle), that makes it a lot easier to carry the brush. Not all the brushes mentioned in the product review come with a travel case, but if you are investing in an electric toothbrush to carry with you on your travels, it would be preferable if there is a travel case that can also hold the charger and other important accompaniments.
The size of the brush is of the utmost importance. Nobody is asking you to carry a miniature toothbrush on your travels, but if the brush can be folded, it would be easier for it to fit into a small bag. Most of the manual brushes (of the non-disposable variety) mentioned above are foldable. They take up very little space and do not require a travel case either.
The electric brushes generally tend to be extremely slim and do not take up too much space either. But if you are going on a long trip, you will need to carry your charger and extra batteries for the brush. In that case, the size of the toothbrush does matter.
If you have an electric toothbrush, you need to take into account the battery life. If you are going on a long trip, you may need to carry the charger. But there is no guarantee that you will find a place to charge your toothbrush fully. Most of the electric toothbrushes that have been mentioned above have great battery life. You can get up to 30 days of use on a full charge. The battery, of course, needs to be bought separately on most occasions. But having a long and sturdy battery life is important as you never know when you may get to charge your toothbrush and whether it can be plugged in for long enough so it can charge fully. Good battery life is important for those situations.
When you are on holiday or on a work trip, the last thing you want to think about is whether your toothbrush needs replacing. Your toothbrush should be the least of your worries when you are traveling, so it would be preferred if you have a low-maintenance toothbrush.
The toothbrushes that have been reviewed above are either disposable (so they require no maintenance), have antibacterial qualities, or are simply easy to use toothbrushes that do not require a second thought. That is what you are aiming for when you buy a toothbrush for your travels. You need something simple, easy and low-maintenance.
Electric Toothbrush vs Manual Toothbrush
Whether you would prefer to use an electric toothbrush or a manual toothbrush is something you will need to decide on your own. But the pros and cons of both can certainly be touched upon here so you have more information before you make a decision.
An electric toothbrush does give you a more powerful clean and gets more plaque out than traditional toothbrushes can. They are also waterproof and do not require too much maintenance other than the occasional charge. But if, for whatever reason, your electric toothbrush stops working in the middle of your trip. Or if you cannot find a plug point in time to charge it, it can become a problem. You would then need to look for alternatives at the last minute.
A manual toothbrush, on the other hand, is not as powerful, but it certainly leaves a lot more in your control. It does not require charging and more often than not, a manual travel toothbrush can be folded so it does not take up as much space. You do not need to worry about keeping it safe as there are no batteries involved. You can be slightly laxer with this toothbrush.
But finally, which one you prefer depends on your requirements and choices, and you alone can make this decision.
The products that have been mentioned above have been categorized so you can pick the one that suits your needs with greater ease. Not every travel toothbrush ticks all the boxes. If one has one unique feature to offer, the other may have some other features that work in its favor. But it is up to you to see which features are in tandem with your requirements and needs. You may prefer an electric toothbrush over a manual toothbrush, so you can only focus on those products in the review.
Traveling with a good-quality travel toothbrush takes care of some of your most essential routines. The products that have been reviewed will certainly serve you well for one long trip or several short trips.
- 5 Best Floating Pool Chairs with Cup Holders in 2021 - October 5, 2021
- The Best Plants to Grow for Backyard Privacy - September 24, 2021
- Coleman Pools vs. Intex Pools – 2021 Comparing & Reviews - September 24, 2021
Last update on 2021-10-26 at 02:13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API